/fat/ -Lonely Road Edition 29

Who is /fat/ for?
For fatbros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>Why hasn't my weight gone down for 3+ days?
If you're on a deficit, water weight. Plateaus can last up to 3 weeks.
>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.
>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already but it covers the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, fancy starbucks shit. forget it
>be a retard

Previous:

Attached: file.png (1959x1469, 1.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Barbieri's_fast
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1McAWnnomW8NGc5H_YEncKhoE4miuZ4ay29aukdHcbok/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My scale was off. I am not 200 pounds. I am 220 pounds. My road to happiness just got so much longer. I hate myself for gaining this much.

Attached: haida.jpg (1200x674, 84K)

Thinking of going on a bone broth fast for 2 weeks. I'm 198 lbs (89 kgs). I'm looking to drop down to 180-185 lbs (81-83) kgs. Is this possible in a month (4 weeks)?

At what point should a fatty get a lifting belt?

fat niggas be like

Finally finish fifth grade and learn to read, Jamal? Only took you 30 years

If you need one at all, which isn't a given, it'll be about when you hit your bodyweight in squats or 1.5x that in deadlifts. (assuming your goal is to lift heavy anyway)
Regardless you should work on your form. That's what actually matters.

you know when you start losing weight and there's a sharp drop which is believed to be water weight, well when you switch to maintenance can you expect another sharp skew in the opposite direction?
and does your goal weight need to be adjusted to mitigate it?

Are cheat days a meme or a strategy?

Attached: Dr pavel i'm NOW.jpg (1920x1080, 269K)

>I googled tdee for my CURRENT weight a year back and thought "what the heck that's a lot sweet"
Was a literal brainlet.
Ate 427Kcal less than the tdee of my GOAL weight which is 60lbs less than my current weight, and I'm not hungry cuz i took a quarter pound of steamed broccoli-es this cheating, how did I not feel full eating 3.5Kcal but now im suddenly good with 1.6Kcal

Attached: zoro panda.png (398x363, 382K)

A meme made up by people who want to sell people more worthless diet shit.
Sometimes you fuck up or decide that it's worth the cost so you can have a night drinking/eating a junk meal etc, that's all.
Feels like shit when you go up and should definitely not be a habitual thing imo.

Everynight I shit pure liquid and basically piss out of my ass. I could make a Jackson Pollack with poo. My farts smell like pure eggs. This shit is getting to be hell. It was fairly easy after the initial first few days but now that I’m entering my third week it suddenly started getting hard. I can handle this shit easily though.

It depends on a few things like if the cheat meal/day takes you into a surplus, how far along you are in weight loss. Just use your best judgement but imo they’re fine on occasion (like once a month) after you've lost significant weight (enough that this is your lifestyle now and there’s no turning back) and if it stays in a deficit

>tired of fucking up my calories every day
>bought an appetite suppressant
>gonna start OMAD with just a shitload of chicken and rice and a protein shake to meet macros
I'm going to make it even if I have to cheat bros
I won't be fat by 2020

Attached: 76361210-angry-fat-man-portrait-furious-big-guy-expressing-anger-white-isolated-studio-background.jp (1300x1300, 199K)

if ur at 500cal a day how are you even shitting daily
i shit like 2x a week at 900cal

There’s been a few days where I haven’t shit but I really don’t know. It’s not big shits like when I’m eating 2500+ calories but I do shit each day. Twice actually, first solid craps then a bit before bed I have liquid death. My colon is probably getting clean as fuck by now

what the fuck
how heavy are you?

Started I was 225-230 I’m like 214 now. I’m counting a lot of it as water. My math says I’ve lost 8lbs of fat. I’m 6’1”

The fuck are you eating?

Eggs, Greek yogurt, bananas. Different mix of all most days but lately it’s been either all eggs or like 5 eggs and a Greek yogurt. Some days I’m 10-20 calories over 500 some days I’m 10 less but today it was as close to 500 as ever

How tall are you?
How much do you weigh?
How much have you lost?
How long have you been doing this?

Any brand recommendations for Greek yogurt?

6’1” 214, started at 225-230lbs
Math tells me I’ve lost 8lbs of fat, so the rest water.
Just finished 2 weeks. Doing one more then doing a week of maintenance for sanity, then 2-3 more weeks of this until I hit 200lbs. After that I’m resuming 1lb a week. This is not for everyone and if I wasn’t neet for the next couple months I couldn’t do it
I just eat the Publix premiums

Hoping all the activity I’ve been doing uses more calories than I’ve been taking in. Boating with frens. Spent a chunk of yesterday diving underwater & cleaning off frens boat prop. Got to go out today and freedive for the first time in open water at depth. Didn’t get into the swing of things until my last dive. Then they had me swim to the buoy to unhook it when we were leaving the mooring. Good times, but have had a few beers and some gin&tonics.

Yes and probably.

Was also able to fit into the engine compartment to check the oil. Don’t think I could’ve done that 50lbs abo. Feels good man.

i like chobani personally
mango at the bottom is peak

I don't care for Greek yogurt myself, but my family prefers Chobani. The drinks and "Flips" are favorites.

>it's another "two days in a row of eating chick-fil-a for dinner and then stopping at the grocery store and getting a whole apple pie for dessert" episode

Attached: 1379212177835.png (541x405, 209K)

Confess, and be embraced by Saint Aldritch ye corpulent soul.

Attached: 60646859_1093979650793083_8759181356326915384_n.jpg (604x604, 52K)

I almost ate a bag of chips, but I stopped myself because I don't want to be a fat fuck anymore.
NO MORE

Attached: 1337511014982.gif (240x228, 858K)

>too stupid to get fit
it doesn't get much worse than this

My diet's been the same for like a month and I lost maybe 2 pounds but now in the last week I've shed 12. What the hell is going on

cheat days is weak day
everyone is weak at times
but only the strong survive
choose wisely
haven't you had enough cheat years

Water weight. Or you got way better at counting your calories.

Chose a salad over doughnuts and ice cream. Then I went to the store and only bought healthy food.

Tell the truth shame the devil

Thought I would be under 210, but only lost 2 pounds so im 211. Probably would've made it if I didn't fuck up on Friday and eat super heavy fat shit. But I guess it's at least some progress forward.

Attached: e0c112f0-1ff8-4427-b24e-1612cf6f18da.jpg (1242x1233, 512K)

215 here

That's possible in a month of regular diet with 1000 cal deficient, while walking everyday.

this is going to sound like holistic bullshit, but i don’t like the implied evil or temptation or whatever of a “cheat day.” like the idea of eating junk as being a naughty sinful secret puts such a bizarre and unhealthy spin on weight loss— you shouldn’t feel like you’re starved from the guilty pleasure of a grossly unhealthy meal, because food like that shouldn’t be incentivized. obviously it’s okay to eat high fat food or high sugar food or whatever you think your dietary vice is occasionally, as long as you aren’t prone to slipping into binges because of it and you’re hitting all your nutritional goals. basically, “cheat meals” turn junk food into something both forbidden and tantalizing and shouldn’t really be a thing if you’re genuinely focused on eating well for yourself and your body.

Dark father forgive me. I fell off the wagon for four weeks or so. Just felt good to eat big again, but then the workouts slowed and the eating did not. I notice just the slightest increase in fat again and it immediately sobered me. Never again will I allow myself to be a fatty. SW: 240 lbs CW: 178 Recent lowest: 172. 28/5'10"/m
Need to start visiting Jow Forums again nightly. Thanks for keeping me honest.

I was extremely tempted by McDonald's today. While I didn't get it and held fast, I did eat maintenance tier and didn't work outside as much today.

Attached: 614c9698e2894a510fbb79a3d555459c.jpg (1920x1231, 191K)

Ok bros I have a weird tactic.

I literally think of all "bad food" as toxic. As in I'll die if I eat them. Ive gotten to the point to where I realize I ate bad food Ill go vomit it out. It's worked so far.

Hey if it works for bulemics it has to work for us right?

>reading the last thread
>some retard claiming you can go without food for a year

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Barbieri's_fast

>tfw too insecure to walk outside(literal panic attack)
>walk around my toilet size room over and over to lose weight

Thats why I set my goal to 165 lbs. Just 15 lbs to go, coming from 320 at 6'1".
I expect to gain at least 10 lbs just from switching to maintenance.

Is that weekly weigh-in contest still happening? goldsperg !fattyP5UR2 you here?

121.4kg here, name is jimyeet

Keep it up!

Attached: 1548138805390.jpg (570x487, 45K)

I've fucked up for the last five days..

How?
Stay strong man.

Fuck yeah boys, I broke my plateau.
I’m MELTING fat.
Hitting 5x15 crunches, squats, dead lifts, benchpress, preacher curls, military press, bent over rows, and 15 minutes of wind sprints each day.

I’m gonna make it.

Same
feels bad man
Fucking barbecue weather and fathers day all within a week is unfair

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-23-10-30-35-901_com.fitnow.loseit.png (1080x2160, 184K)

I understand your plight, user. I've given up on going outside because of panic attacks. Can't even see a doctor or therapist because it would require leaving and being seen, which triggers my panic attacks. I hate when people look at me. It makes me so angry and when they look, I want to push my fingers into their eyes and bite their face and throat off. I hate children especially because they don't often possess social restraint and are the worst. I want to snap them apart and cook them alive.

Attached: frank.png (514x489, 242K)

Wow there. Have you tried exposure therapy, at least until you can see a therapist about this?

Lads, I was doing PPL plan (with the occassional skip leg because I cycle everywhere for years and my legs are legit fucking great).

Anyway, I fell off my bike due to mechanical fuckery and bust myself up. So I took a week off, went back to gym, and was pressing out way higher reps at higher weights than I was before I hurt myself.

Any science for this, or was it just my enjoyment of getting back to it?

I can't even begin exposure because the act of someone looking at me at all sends me into panic. Even my mom. I hide myself away from her and stop breathing when she looks at me. Sometimes I feel ashamed when my dog or cats look at me even; not outright panic but shame for sure. I can see it in their eyes that they pity me and would eat me if I died and couldn't feed them. The only way to begin exposure therapy is by losing at least 100 pounds or more, so diet is all I have and walking around my little room like said.

>cook them alive
maybe your response is the cause of you know, the problem, of, being, fat.

I must admit that sometimes I want to eat people I see, especially if they have really soft, smooth, pale skin. There was a girl in middle school that I sat behind and I would fantasize every day of taking a big bite out of her shoulder. Imagine cutting off a piece of her and feeding it to her with some wine and candles set out. Nothing better. Now my "fantasies" are more about anger as opposed to love making, since I spend all day, every day alone in a room. With no human input besides the simulacrum of internet, I've devolved into spite and fear.

I gained 5kg in a week. Admittedly I ate some extra cookies and sandwiches but it can't be that much I went from 79 to 84 right

Forced recovery week for your muscles

You are just fully recovered, and you may have had superior glycogen status because your diet is too carbohydrate-deficient to adequately support whatever amount of exercise and movement you are involved in, therefore it takes weeks instead of hours to days to fully replenish glycogen

Gone from 240-230 this month on a half assed keto/low carb (~20-40g average) diet eating ~1200 daily and not exactly exercising much. Gone a few days to the gym but nothing major.

I don’t feel like I’ve lost any fat though. Is it possible to lose muscle doing this? And at what point should I start lifting?

No.

T. 230lbs

It's good that you are taking steps to lose weight and get healthier. But, you need to take steps to address what obviously is a much bigger problem in your life. Humans are social creatures user, and isolation is very damaging to the psyche. I wish I could offer you some solid advice, but the only thing I can say is that you need to see a therapist about this, badly. Take whatever steps you feel you need to get to that point, but in my opinion it is imperative that you do, because your life won't get any better until you can start taking steps to get yourself out of this hellhole

After years of struggling im gonna finally log my intake. A couple of posts back there is a screenshot, apparently its named Fitnow and looks decent.

How do I see one without being seen, if you know what I mean? I can't do it, user, I just can't. I've thought about staying in a cardboard box with holes cut in it to breathe and talk through and being transported to the therapist and back home like cargo. Would that work? I'd rather just rot in my dungeon and fade away, just waste away into the dust and cat hair all over my room. I'm sorry I'm worthless, user. I've been praying to God and any other deities that listen to help me but it doesn't work.

Not the other guy, but how big are you? I can understand this kind of mental issue if you're like 400+ lbs, but if you're just a fat guy there's really no reason to obsess like this.

I used to be HUGE, and I had similar feelings, but I'm a stubborn cunt so I just kept telling myself 'I'll fucking show them'.

Over the past so months of my life all ive done is promise myself I'll start dieting and exercise, and then give up within a week. I tried to start dieting yesterday, but I ate twice what I wanted, so I'm trying to eat nothing today to make up for it. I don't think I'm going to make it, I don't have the willpower

6 months

Maybe ease into it with online therapy. Try typing out your thoughts and problems and emailing it beforehand if it's too intimidating to video chat with one, I think they even do it over irc. Make sure it's an actually licensed therapist though

I have eaten several of my coworkers in the last week. Forgive me father

Explain yourself

I'm a manlet at 5'4" and 280bs and I look comically round. I have very little self-care in terms of hygiene because I just lay on a mattress covered in cat puke and cat hair. I used to shit myself and stay in it for a week but I stopped that habit 2 years ago when I stopped taking antipsychotics, which zombified me to the point I would sleep 18 hours a day in my own feces. That's also a reason I can't ever go back to a psychiatrist because I refuse to become literally undead just so to shut up my suicidal/homocidal fantasies.
I'll look for a licensed therapist that does that. Forgot that was a thing. I'm worried about my transmissions being recorded and used against me because the NSA has copies of pretty much every key you press whereas in an office building, the therapist wouldn't be recording the session, especially if I asked to look around for bugged microphones and cameras.

Used against you? No one wants to have anything to do with you let alone persecute you. You are mentally insane and need to seek help dude.

Jesus Christ user

Many years ago, I was actually outgoing and had friends. This was high school. I also lacked self-awareness and didn't care how people looked or thought about me. I said and did really bad things I can't talk about and was unbelievably close to being sent to federal prison. Instead, I was put in a group home where every day was a nightmare worse than my life is now. Then when I was 18, they sent me "home" to my alcoholic dad with dementia. I grew more and more reclusive and everything has fallen apart since he went to jail and I'm left with a battered, co-dependent mother who can never say no.

I will not let my personal secrets and problems, that SHOULD be confidential, put me back in an institution. I will die before I let the police put a hand on me. I need help but I have to be careful. If you saw the shit I saw in the group home, you would never want to go back to that or any place worse. Every day I have to be vigilant of who I talk to online and about what. It has taken me almost 11 years to be able to post on Jow Forums. I lurked all that time because I was terrified of putting anything out there.

>wednesday 99.8
>yesterday 97.8
>today 98.2
And I literally did nothing, even ate unhealthy food. How?

Sleepwalking

c-cancer

You need a beat user, too bad your dad is jailed.

Sometimes I feel the need to just eat and eat and eat, even after I've already been shovelling shit in the whole day, why does this happen?

muscle

just been made aware that bad times are happening in August
i knew things were going too fucking well, I won't be able to relax now

My weight fluctuates up to 2kg (4lbs) because of hydration, water retention and gut content.
Weigh yourself on a fixed time ie when you wake up.

Although answering that question might help, think more in the direction of "How do I make sure I don't"

Sup fellow /fat/ bros

So I'm currently 260 lbs at approx 32 percent bf, pretty fat. Does anyone know approx how much protein you should consume as a weightlifting fat guy trying to lose fat?

I've read 1 g per lb of lean body mass. Which would mean I'd have to eat around 175 g of protein per day.

Is it enough? Or do I need more? To be frank I find it hard to keep my decifit (currently 2300 ish cals) and hitting that much protein every day.

Wait what do you mean, what's happening in August?

Attached: 1401400281576.jpg (569x506, 44K)

Just be ready

Attached: 75CBA97A-91BC-4842-9371-75E8AF92CFFF.jpg (499x497, 26K)

sorry for the delay, i was travelling yesterday. should've thought of it last week.
any people in the fatty contest post your weights! as i'm late sunday weights are fine.
if you want to join in check out the spreadsheet and the rules:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1McAWnnomW8NGc5H_YEncKhoE4miuZ4ay29aukdHcbok/edit?usp=sharing

i'll go through the last thread and track down any submissions.

Attached: 1540072769270.jpg (400x400, 19K)

>sorry for the delay
I'm 10lbs from my goal
where were you in january

crono
96.2 kg

dunno if you'll see this, but you're in

thanks for the weigh-in, try harder this week!

i've got you down as starting at 123 kg, did i fuck up?

you can still join in lad, would be great to have a contestant hit their goal and graduate

> i've got you down as starting at 123 kg, did i fuck up?
I see what happened. I started trying to lose weight at 124 kg, but that was months ago, last week I was at 97.2 kg IIRC.

>IF 16/8
>eat roughly 1700 kcals
>autistically count calories
>cardio bunny + lift weights

Anything wrong with the plan? Other than kms

I have the sweetest tooth of all time.
Almost everyday I buy a little (or very big) sugar snack. When work makes me stresses, thats even worse. When I try to go cold turkey, the urge rises until I give up.
I can manage to haver a pretty clean diet all day long until 9PM, then I chase sugar. Even if I eliminate all sugar from home, the urge acts to make me buy sugar before returning home. I can't change sugar for tea or non-sugary snacks, or a gallon of water. Maybe I just have "low tolerance for hungry" or something.
I really want to stop with the sugar, that's the only thing keeping me from losing weight but I don't know what else I can do. Anyone with a similar experience?

I had the same problem as you (constantly craving shitty energy drinks), but other than stopping cold turkey there is nothing much I can say.

I always just look myself naked in the mirror for any motivation I need.

So you just powered through the urges until they disapeared? Fuck man, am I just weak willed?