A 225 lbs bent over row equals a 225 lbs bench ?

a 225 lbs bent over row equals a 225 lbs bench ?

wich one is harder and what are your ratios?

Attached: Bentover-Row-800X800.jpg (800x800, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Kzsvb1T
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bent over rows are easy to cheat. If you meat pendlay rows then it just depends on limb lengths. If you're good at benching it means you will have to bend more for pendlays making them a harder movement but also easier to cheat.

>chest equals back?
moron

I have long chimp arms so for me rowing is much easier. I row 170 for sets of 8 but could bench that much for maybe a rep with tons of cheating.

The back is like the chest of the back just like how the chest is the back of the chest

>your reading comprehension in a nutshell

LMAO your muscles in the back are larger then your front.

That's like saying if you Sqt 500 can you OHP 500

Statistically speaking, most lifters can usually row about 75-90% of their bench press. It's a good idea to keep the strength of these muscles balanced to reduce the likelihood of shoulder injuries.

Based and anatomypilled

explain this ?

in average you should bent over row more or less than you bench ?

What's the best row variation for mass?

t. 138lbs skelly going for the bearmode look

Attached: C8BE640287F2411CBED32B31852A8E07.png (1092x1037, 186K)

can’t argue with that

To a point, kinda. Your lower back will start to be a limiting factor with progression and maintaining form much sooner than anything involved in a bench. Your row will usually start out stronger if you're doing it right, but will stall sooner if you're benching right.

imo rows are harder, mantaining that position and good form with higher weights is harder

got it, maybe this is why nobody ever bent over rowed 700 lbs but 700 lbs bench presses exist, btw when i row traps are the first muscle that gives up on me, why ?

this is also what i noticed about bench-row relation in almost everyone

strong WTF @ some posts here that say that their row > bench, you must be doing sth wrong then

they probably do deadlift rows using their legs and not strict bent over row let alone pendlay rows

Seal Rows dude

I have a Q for fitchads.
When I perform pendlays should I rest the barbell weight pl8s on the floor on every rep during the lowering motion or should I hang the barbell?

I'm actually wondering about my form. Btw, I am about 6'1. Form felt a little off, so I took 5kg off the lift and Do it now a bit smoother

imgur.com/a/Kzsvb1T

I bench more than I row. Barbell Row is on par with incline bench for me.

your form is pretty good, optimal id say, and those you doing are pendlay rows, harder than bent over rows, how much weight was that

also whats your bench max

whats your max on each ?

Surely those wrists can't be good form?

Attached: therockeyeroll.gif (267x200, 2.17M)

It was 85kg.

Did them last year with 95kg before an unrelated shoulder injury. I don't bench but OHP and weighted dip for push days. Did 67,5kgx5 in OHP ans +35kg on Dips with 90kg bodyweight back then. A little less now but I'm going back up.

A row of food

Fag

Attached: 1d689160d255d7354a1e493ae6340fca8ae6e906_hq.gif (500x281, 222K)

What's better? Dumbbell row on a bench, or a barbell row? I switched to dumbbells recently, but not sure if I can get good gains.

keep it up, what about your diddly max, do rows and deads helo each other ?

rest

>Rowing from anywhere but the ground
Welcome to snap city

>row 195 3x5
>bench 175 for a very grindy 3x3
my body makes no sense

>not being injury resilient

lmao when you start doing real weight you will need to explode it up and if your form is fucked that's how a moment arm is generated in the wrong place

i lift heavy and when something botters me up i just inyect cortisone

Same, I think its because I'm not doing the meme leg drive arch shit

You can get gains from dumbell rows but barbell rows can be loaded more and are a funner movement imo (when you pull from the floor).

My pendlay row strict is 185x5
My bench press is 155x5

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with weak shoulders/arms

But I'm also a relatively new lifter so it could just be mechanical /experience level?

Chest supported rows > every other rowing variation

Yates row probably. Really focus on squeezing the outer lats at the top. Don't just throw the weight up, move it slow and controlled and your back will be on fire.