Hook grip

will hook grip prevent your grip strength from developing? i've been using it because my double overhand fails at a certain point and i'd rather use that than mixed.

Attached: 2018-04-23-hookGrip.jpg (800x797, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M5en4IMcZos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why would hook grip prevent grip strength development?

Attached: 1500560549769.png (545x530, 234K)

>gripping something with no external assistance
>will this limit my grip?

Not really, no. You're still holding the bar, you're still using the muscles involved in grip against the resistance, it's just in a way that the bar can't start rolling out of your fingers. In a way it's probably better because you won't be limited by the weight you can do non hook.

it just feels like it doesn't work my grip as much as using double overhand even if i fail 6+ reps earlier than using hook grip.

it is for sure better for the body parts that are being worked. just hoping that my weak hand will catch back up. **getting back at it after several years off because of nerve damage / muscle wasting in one hand.

No. Pull double overhand normal grip for warmup and lighter working sets. Save your thumbs for hook grip on the heavy sets.

Nope oly-lifters have huge forearms and they primarily use the hook grip in their clean and snatch exercises.

Oly lifters cant use straps. They also pull more weight than their grip can handle, so they use hook.

Faggot retard.

they use straps in training fuckwit

What is the benefit of hook grip

Lift more

Keep your grip tighter on heavier weights than double overhand without the risk of tearing your biceps or causing imbalances like alternating grip.

why dont use mixed grip ?

Hold more into your hands without using mixed grip because you cant clean the weight up with mixed grip
It doesnt make any sense to use it if you dont clean but retarded neckbeards on the internet will tell you the opposite

*tears your bicep*
HEH HEH

Can I use it for curls or double under deadlifts/shrugs?

Look at it like a

>though it's probably not going to do anything
Yeah it doesn't matter for push. I've tried it just to see, and there's no discernible difference. Because the risk of a push movement isn't from the likelihood of your fingers giving out, and instead is more likely that your palm will slip or something the hook's additional finger strength from having the thumb on the outside doesn't make much difference. But try it if you want, maybe you'll like it.

just hold the bar like you normally do? Wtf?

You wont tear anything if you don't curl the weight like a dumbass

Dog ive been using mixed and my grip strength is still improving.
I wouldnt worry ahout it

The problem with mixed isn't not training your grip, it's creating muscle imbalances and the possibility of a bicep tear

Lock thee elbow, flex the tricep, curl curl the weight. Wow, look ma, I didn't tear my bicep while deadlifting!

Don't* curl . DONT.

the proper form is thy, if you're going to talk like a pompous faggot do it right

Nah, I just misspelled "the", you TRIPLE WEAKLING. >:O

how much straps limit grip strength

>using a mixed grip can hurt your biceps
Great, one more potential injury to worry about

Attached: 1560877037228.jpg (636x657, 42K)

Citation needed

>it's creating muscle imbalances

just swap arms each set for no imbalances and do max single with dominant position

youtube.com/watch?v=M5en4IMcZos

I use double overhand until I can't, then I strap. After Every DL set, I lower the weight and pick it up and hold with double overhand for sets of 3. HUGE pump on the forearms and really imrpoves grip strength

why do all you dickheads care about training grip so much. on the platform you’ll use either hook or mixed so train like that, and if you don’t compete it literally doesn’t matter

Hook grip is fucking based. With a mixed grip I used to windmill the damn bar

We want joocy forearms, nigga. Also, grip strength has carryover in real life. Straps don't really

The second guy still holds for the duration even with the bicep tear.
Damn, that's nice.

idk why dont you just lift the bar

How do I start using it? I'm not sure I really have it right and I feel like my grip is even weaker when I try. Pretty sure I'm doing something wrong.

Hook grip kills my forearms. What % of your 1RM do you lift for 6 reps?

How can improve my strength with 12kg dumbbelss (forearms and bis+tris)? That's all I have at home and the gym is closed.

Put them in a backpack along with any other weight you can fit in it and do deadhangs

I tried it once and the muscle that pulls the thumb afterwards hurt.

I like the feeling of hurting myself so I use it and chalk

So you can grip more and the bar won't slip out of your hands in explosive movements

I mean, if you are really worried about this, why not do them with normal grip amd change to hook grip when you cant hold it anymore?

never do pulls for grip. no arm wrestler is doing heavy holds with a barbell lmao

who gives a fuck buy straps and use them instead of autism grip

Normal humans are already imbalanced, a little bit from deadlifting won't hurt you.

Plenty of guides online.

Make sure you use a 28 or 28.5mm bar. I find the thicker bars are difficult to wedge my thumb under. If your gym has thick 30mm+ use mixed grip or straps unless you have Godzilla hands

i do double overhand and end every workout with wrist curls and farmers walks so that i may unlock popeye mode

Attached: 1559574820149.png (298x300, 84K)