Question

How much do you blame your parents for the way you turned out?

I'm a little torn on this issue because a lot of it is definitely my fault or the fault of external factors, but I can't help but be frustrated at how my mum and dad never taught me to fix my problems. I think that my social anxiety could've been fixed pretty easily with just a little push. Now I'm at an age where, no matter how well I gel with people, I'll probably never truly connect to them again.

Attached: 1493233648418.jpg (945x1500, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/another-study-finds-no-link-between-autism-measles-mumps-rubella-n979176
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I blame the government for giving me MMR vaccine autism

>How much do you blame your parents for the way you turned out?

none. Not because they didn't influence the way I turned out but because I am the only one who can take responsibility for my own shortcomings. What is the point in whining about shit only I can change or compensate for?

nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/another-study-finds-no-link-between-autism-measles-mumps-rubella-n979176

single motherhood, and the whole story surrounding my birth has definitely created a clusterfuck of mental issues disguised as a person

Blame your parents you motherfucker. Blame them because it is their fault and they need to pay for fucking you up. Otherwise you're a sucker and they win.

>I am the only one who can take responsibility for my own shortcomings.

this guy is right

>I am the only one who can take responsibility for my own shortcomings
What if you inherited schizophrenia from your dad?

he could obviously get laid so what's stopping you

Getting laid isn't all that I would classify with "shortcomings".

You can only blame them for so long. After 25 you should be your own man

I used to blame myself for being a worthless shitter before observing how truly fucking horrendous my mother is. I'm a lazy fuck that doesn't know anything and every time I try to do something my cunt mother gets in the fuckin way to stop me and then acts like she didn't do anything. Can't believe she wonders why I avoid her fuckin ass, at least my absent father had the decency to apologize to me even if there was a possibility of being insincere. Single mother meme isn't a meme, I'm goign nowhere fucking fast and I'm the only one that can save me but how the fuck is the guy in need supposed to save himself? I'm utterly fuckin fucked to the point I am an obstacle to myself.

Attached: So Annoying .jpg (589x378, 47K)

I would say that until ~23 I was a leaf blowing in the fucking wind and that was indisputably their fault

I was eventually able to fix my shit after that

i blame them 0% because I gave up on myself early childhood and they have been openly supportive of that.

I blame them but hate myself. Especially after I got out of their bubble and got to know how other normal people do parenting. The worst thing in growing up isolated in a shitty household that it makes you think everything happening there is normal. I was forever ruined I can't even imagine my life otherwise.

Attached: mr snuggies.jpg (441x700, 54K)

Well considering I have Mommy and Daddy issues as a guy that ruled and overshadowed my entire mental state until 16 and the effects are clearly visible today... A lot

"Blame" is the wrong word, because it wasn't his fault. But sometimes I wonder if having a disabled father made me of a shut-in / socially awkward. He was great and always there for me, but he didn't really go out and socialize on account of his condition, and so I never saw him model that kind of behavior.

i want to blame them and they are at fault because they like all parents saht out children without thought and force all sorts of shit on them be it their dreams or some form of obligations. but once you become a leagal adult ones life is in their own hands. so in that way of thought i cant blame them im a fuckup of choice of my own lack of will and desire be it their parenting or lack there of has molded me into this mess im still accountable for continuing like this not seeking to better myself just finding comfort in being a failure a nothing since any alternative is worse and a lie, right?

>How much do you blame your parents for the way you turned out?
Mostly because of bad looks.

I think they are partially to blame, but in the end, I am the one who allowed myself to become what I am today

Largely
Negligence and not participating as parents and then kicked out impulsively with no preparations so debt is racked up
I'd like to hope it'll change or get better soon

my dad beat me and always tried to get on my bad side while making my mom cry. It's because of him that I'm socially anxious and have a tough time talking with people.

Attached: 1551017634853.jpg (960x960, 102K)

They forced me into existence and won't let me kill myself so I'd say it's 100% their fault. Well, maybe 90% since I was stupid enough to fuck up my first suicide attempt

>Getting laid isn't all that I would classify with "shortcomings".
>I used to blame myself for being a worthless shitter before observing how truly fucking horrendous my mother is.
> Especially after I got out of their bubble and got to know how other normal people do parenting. The worst thing in growing up isolated in a shitty household that it makes you think everything happening there is normal.
Taking some quotes from replies to sum it up, although with the last guy not everything since I am seeking to better myself and reach places, I just hate the position I'm in due to parental bullshit.

Attached: 40967386_854263351448114_7430038754908312813_n.jpg (640x640, 50K)

The more I research into the psychology of people like me the more I want to blame my parents for depriving me of a nurturing and healthy environment growing. I dont like blaming others for my own issues though. I am the only one who controls my life.

>dad traveled all the time
>mother is an alcoholic and later abused prescription drugs
>i remember frequently seeing my mother so drunk she couldnt stand
>both parents struggled with fidelity and eventually divorced when i was in high school
I never really think much of my childhood but i guess it was kinda fucked up.

>have shitty thyroid problems
>can't gain weight or height
>do a shitton of studies and blood extractions and what not
>mom decides to just fuck it right as I'm starting puberty
thanks mom I will always be a fucking manlet now

They had 2 kids and both failed so you tell me.

Whilst I think it's probably a good attitude to take complete responsibility for the way you turned out, in reality your parents had a profound influence over the way you are today.

Your childhood in general and in particular the first 5 years or so of your life are crucial in terms of how you will develop as a person. If you are neglected or failed during these years you will almost certainly end up with issues that will plague your entire life. These are fundamental physical changes to your brain, personality, social functioning...etc that you will never truly change or recover from.

mom and dad didnt let me out of the house (it wasnt their fault, we are from venezuela and there are too many crimes) so i dont like to go out