QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

I don't wanna ask /fast/ since I'd get an extremely biased response. But could you honestlyrecommend Eat, Stop, Eat to someone who works out 12x a week

Attached: 1536916337029.png (500x423, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleevo.net/should-you-eat-carbs-and-fat-together/
siimland.com/randle-cycle-explained-why-you-shouldnt-combine-fats-and-carbs-together/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm looking for a decent aesthetic routine to do after SS. I was thinking a PPL or something. Should I follow the Reddit one? I kinda threw something together does this look good or is it too much?

Attached: Screenshot_20190622-204949_Samsung Notes.jpg (1440x2960, 515K)

Bumping thread so this poor board isn't infected with 2500 more shitty threads based on a single small question.

Attached: 41471230_2152476531659499_4628990720835846144_o.png (1172x675, 71K)

>Day 1:
>Hammer Curls
>Barbell Biceps Curl – Standing
> Barbell Biceps Curl - Sitting; Close-Grip (Concentrated) / Concentration Biceps Curl (Dumbbell) (alternating)
>Barbell Triceps Extension – Standing
>Lying Triceps Extension (Dumbbell)
>Triceps Kickback (Dumbbell)

>Day 2:
>Lateral Raise
>Shoulder Press
>Dumbbell Row
>Military Press – Standing/Sitting; Behind Neck
>Barbell Upright Row

>Day 3:
>Barbell Row - Bent-Over; Wide-Grip
>Barbell Deadlift
>Barbell Squat

How to improve my shitty workout routine, TELL ME PLEASE!

Also I workout at home, only have dumbbells and barbells, cant do bench presses etc.

How do I meet the president

Cheers, but I also wanna know if its beneficial or if its even worth it for someone like me I know /fast/ would just say "do it you pussy"

I don't know, but I know this thread or "general" needs to be up and referenced to so every shithead with minor questions realise that killing threads to ask it isn't viable

Attached: HUA.jpg (1680x960, 463K)

Should one be able to 1/2/3/4 after a beginner's program?

I'm extremely out of shape and I'm pretty sure I've suffered fairly extensive muscular atrophy over the last couple years. What's a basic regime I could follow to start on the path to fitness? I don't want to get swole or anything, just burn some fat and get healthier.

I realize I should probably consult a doctor, but I'm not going to, so please try and point me in the right direction.

Am I supposed to deadlift on pull day or on leg day?

does 1/2/3/4 refer to a 1 rep max? if so, i could 1/2/3/4 in high school and i was a skinnyfat drug addict

Holy shit lmao, don't try to make your own routine till you learn some more. Honestly, just do phraks greyskull lp, and if you want aesthetics, change the rep range to 8-12, moving the weight up when you can do 12–or nearly 12, reps for each set of the exercises. Also do accessories. Lateral raises with a slight forward lean for them lateral delt gains, maybe tricep work and curls for arms, dumbbell rows after you do pullups or barbell rows to hit your lats more (pull from the elbows, not the hands. It should create an arcing motion when you pull back.) Do dumbbell flies after bench if you want to grow your chest more.

I'm 5'7 and 155lbs is it worth doing crunches or situps to strengthen my core or should I just stick to strong lifts until I have a lower body fat percentage. My body fat is around 19 percent

Forgot to mention, you CAN do bench, or close enough anyways. Grab a chair or a stool and lie under it and bench from there; it's called a floor press. When you're strong enough, you don't even need a chair or anything, except to warmup, because 35s and 45s are likely tall enough that you can just lie down, then roll the barbell above your legs to your hips, then barbell hip thrust it up into position

I'm generally skeptical of fasting, but ESE-style IF seems like the most plausible version. Don't see any reason not to combine it with frequent workouts. Exercise seems to prime muscle for growth for about 48 hours, so there should be time for some gains with 24-hour fasts.

Depends on many factors; age, weight, gender, genetics, diet. I think being 2-3 times stronger than when you started is probably realistic.

Leg day

Generally, I see people say 5 reps. Seems sensible not to risk injury by actually testing 1rm until you have better skills.

Core strength is almost always a good thing to have. Apart from everything else, it prevents injury, which is the biggest gains goblin in the world.

Also, do reverse planks and side planks as well as ab stuff.

Bump for this please

Get yourself maimed in a high-profile mass shooting.

But on the floor you don't have elbow space?

My spotter's schedule changed and now he has to go at a different time than me. The flat benches at my gym have no safeties and I'd feel a lot more comfortable benching with safeties. There's one power rack at my gym that looks like pic related but I've never seen anyone bench press in it. Will I be "that guy" if I use it to bench? I don't see a lot of people waiting for it and there's two other squat-specific racks with fixed safeties.

Attached: rack.jpg (3277x2661, 351K)

I read on the website in the sticky that a good rule of thumb is 1g of protein for 1lb of bodyweight. Do I really need that much if I'm mostly doing cardio? That seems like an insane amount.

That's 1g per pound of lean body mass.

Why is 135lbs the benchmark for the bench press?

Those machines aren't great for bench since the difference between "cleanly hitting your chest" and "enough space to bail if needed" is only a few cm and highly dependent on the height of the bench/safeties. Just ask someone else if they can spot you, or switch to a volume routine.
Both this and the reddit one are fine, I'd probably add an accessory to leg days (anything for core, calf raises, leg press, etc).
I'm not sure what you mean by benchmark, but 135 is the weight of the bar and one 45lb plate on each side. 45lb is the largest standard plate size and subsequent weights will build on those (ex: 155lb is 45lb+10lb on each side) so it's a good first milestone for many.

Attached: gGZTee5.jpg (638x825, 93K)

I benched in the power rack at my old gym just fine. When I arch my back the bar touches my chest and if I lay flat the safeties hold the bar. The reason I have this concern now is because I've never seen anyone bench in the power rack at my new gym and there's a wooden platform. At my old gym I saw people bench in the power rack. Basically just an etiquette question I guess. I'm 6 months into lifting so I'm still unsure of these things.

I keep failing chin ups in GSLP. Any advice?

Having trouble on squats where I grip the bar and almost pull it towards me downwards. I can’t break this habit and I feel like I’m going to lose balance if I don’t do it. Should I just hold it with a loose grip or something?

I’ve been taking naps instead of getting proper 8-9 hours of sleep. I’ll sleep for about 5 hours at night and have a 45 min nap and 1.5 hour nap throughout the day. How bad is this for hurting my gains?

my question is about meditation, i have schizophrenia which means intrusive thoughts happen nonstop, which makes it extremely hard to meditate for more than a minute or two if not impossible. I have a buddy who also has schizophrenia but worse than me and its completely impossible for him to go even for 10 seconds. Does anyone have any advice for me? am i completely fucked? I just want to meditate and count breaths without the constant random ass unrelated pointless thought train hitting me every 5 seconds

I dont really understand what you mean. Like, you're pulling it down on your neck or something?

How does weed/THC affect your fitness? Obviously smoking is bad, but are there any other effects or implications to consider?

I've found it helps me to suck it up and press on when I don't want to, but I don't want to be undermining my efforts or anything.

Failing to complete a set or rep? If latter, use an assist machine or do negatives. If former, keep pushing yourself. You're gonna make ot eventually.

Yeah, as I stand back up I tighten my grip and pull it downwards. I went for a new pr today and tweaked my elbow I was pulling on it so hard. I’ve been trying to hold the bar loosely but when I start to struggle I grip it tight again and pull downward

Set. I can do the first one with some effort, but then I can only get about 4 max reps in in the second set and same with the AMRAP one.

Bro your body is tougher than you think. You aren't going to fold over unless you are lifting way more than you can handle. Just grip it normally.

How much protein should I be having per day if I've had a kidney stone? The doctor just said to try and cut back but I wish I had some numbers.
Also what's a reasonable lifting goal now that I can't eat as much protein?

Yeah Im definitely going to add the calf raises 3x15. Thanks

After an illness I'm finally able to go back to the gym, I'm going to do the same 10 day cycle where I go through 10 different workouts usually over two weeks

Squat bench ohp squat bench deadlift ohp squat bench ohp
I usually only work out on weekdays and swim on saturday

After doing the weights, I was thinking of doing some light cardio on a stationary bike, and I want to swim at least once a week. Is once a week swimming enough, or should I start swimming Wednesday morning as well and work out on sunday?

Also, how much cardio should I do after my workouts?

Always after. Lifting will burn through your glycogen stores and your body will need to burn fat as energy when you're running. 5-10 minutes is what I do desu, I feel tired but in a good way.

how much protein do i actually need?

i have heard the rumor that the supplement industry says you need more protein than actually necessary for maximum muscle growth in order to boost sales. Is this true? i recently started tracking my calories and macros and have seen that i don't get anywhere near 1.5g protein /LB body weight like i've heard before. My prgress has been great so far, but i don't want to get screwed over in the future due to lack of protein.

i am 5'9"
171Lbs
~11-13% body fat
lifting seriously for 2 years
seeking to lean bulk

Attached: 23.e.png (1628x926, 143K)

Will squatting for better glutes help me hold in farts better?

Attached: 1549583866897.jpg (576x768, 84K)

Anyone else ridiculously afraid of gaining weight? I eat massively under TDEE every day and I still get anxious/freaked out and recount my calories over and over (while rounding up or overestimating on purpose) to make sure I didn't go wrong somewhere, it's controlling my fucking life.

Even though I KNOW I'm under TDEE I still can't shake the feeling that I'm going to get fat, and I'll constantly grab at the skin on my stomach and shit and just imagine it all as fat.

What are "daily accessory workouts"?

When shoud I do flys after bench, superset with bench?

I've been lifting for about 3 years now, and I've made some considerable gains. I've never looked better and I've never been stronger. And yet, I've never been more depressed in my life.
Why did you lie to me Jow Forums?

Are multivitamins a meme, or actually worth taking? I'm looking at "Jamieson 100% Complete Multivitamin for Men" for what it's worth. It's gradually improving, but my diet isn't exactly the best.

Anorexia nervosa, often referred to simply as anorexia, is an eating disorder, characterized by low weight, food restriction, fear of gaining weight, and a strong desire to be thin.

I don't find a lot of resources on permabulking. I gather a lot of people see it as a bad idea. I just see cowards

Attached: f38.jpg (709x450, 69K)

you should be a sumo wrestler

You can still hit the chest, it's not like if your elbows are in the floor your muscles can't be worked suddenly. It's true that you can't get a full stretch, and maybe it's not as good for building muscle due to slightly decreased range of motion. But it's better than nothing. People often use it if they have shoulder problems because it prevents you from bringing your arms TOO far back, and it allows them to still work the chest despite their shoulder issues. You can do weighted push-ups if you're that worried about it.

How good of an exercise is jumping rope?
What's a good jump rope?

Attached: jump rope.jpg (900x420, 75K)

OK, thanks for the advice.

One last thing, can you give me a substitute of Phraks that doesn't have barbel row and deadlift?

Now, I know those are some of the best exercises there is, but they give me back pain, and I made them for quite some time, so I don't think its because my back was weak, I progressed in weight, but the pain didn't go away, even if I then reduced the weigh. So for the moment I want to not do them until I can go to gym and have someone watch my form or i go to a neurologist.

So any program without lower back?

yes, and any jump rope
It takes a toll on your knees tho. Do it on a cushy surface like a mat or some dirt. Wear supportive shoes too. Ditch it if you're overweight tho.

I know that packaged deli meat is apparently bad for you due to the massive amount of nitrates and preservatives. But is regular 'ol deli meat from the meat counter okay? I fucking love sandwiches and it's generally how I do my bulks since I can't have dairy

If my only options for working out are dumbbell exercises or bodyweight exercises which should I focus on?

If you weigh around 200 or more you should be able to, depending on leverages. Otherwise you obviously hit diminishing returns.

The same, your doctor is retarded.

It's really a meme I've never seen anything that proves it works and transforms people. I guess B12 shots work but at a certain point you need to consider bioavailability. I've taken a ton too.

Creatine is worth it, but if you can fit in organ meat at least 3 times a week (cheap as fuck/high in protein) you get basically everything you need. Vitamin E doesn't actually do anything and Vitamin C is vastly over recommended.

Make your own with the Greyskull template. Find some back exercise that doesn't hurt you and program it in then replace deadlift with weighted back extensions and maybe more squats.

Eating less fiber makes you fart less.

If you can't do one do assisted. WSM can do proper form chin ups so you should be able to work up to a real one eventually.

What exercises are good for purely building lower back strength and endurance? I was hospitalized for 3 months and literally first day out i strained my lowerback. It fucking weakens so quickly, it sucks.

>replace deadlift with weighted back extensions
Like I said, I work out at home, so things that involve benches and bars for pull up are a no go.

As far as I can tell, I can substitute barbel row with dumbbell row, bench from the floor with dumbbells or barbel, but I don't know what to substitute for chin-ups and deadlift.

Won't any of the exercises I've been doing till now, like lateral raise, curls, push-ups/crunches/squats be good enough as far as home workouts go?

>squats
I meant sit-ups, obviously to round out the muscle groups, not as direct substitute.

You can do back extensions on a chair. For weight you apparently have dumbells so go with that or improvise. A pull up bar is like 20 bucks by the way. If you are going to workout at home and not black enough to workout at a park you'll need a bar.

Bench press can be replaced by dips with two chairs if you are maxing out your dumbells. Pushups with weight added as it gets easier is fine as well. Just throw the dumbells on your back and push.

Crunches are not good do something else. Lunges, goblet squats, pistol squats are your leg options.

Do unweighted back extension every day as well. Your back is weak that's why it hurts.

Can an allergy/intolerance to something make you bloated and watery for 1+ week? I think I'm allergic to dairy, had a bunch of cheese and I've been horrifically bloated for a week now, I look like shit. How to hurry up this shitstorm so I can get back to looking normal?

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-23 at 09.50.45.png (550x484, 272K)

>Bench press can be replaced by dips with two chairs if you are maxing out your dumbells.
Are the one chair behind you dips variant OK as well?

Yeah but that will isolate your triceps even more but that's fine. Some pull up bars are built in a way to allow you to do dips with them if you put it on the ground too.

That's what lactose intolerance is. No more dairy and just wait for it to run its course. You'll have to eat more meat instead of relying on dairy for ez gainz.

So I work out at night and was wondering how much brotien i should take after a workout? can i just eat my whole daily intake before and only 35g of the daily intake after a workout?

Attached: keanu-reeves-gq-cover-may-2019-01.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

Protein timing doesn't matter. I'm usually too tired after my workout to cook so I would get it in before I workout.

I've got a red lump on my chest below the neck above the collarbone about an inch in diameter. Is it cancer?

why the fuck do I keep dreaming about ending my nofap streak in my sleep?

Yeah it's quite horrible. I look like I'm pregnant lel, and my entire body is full of water weight. Last week I thought i looked awesome and lean and was so happy, this week i want to off myself all definition is gone.

Fucking dairy.

Is there a strength calculator out there that accounts for sets as well?
Because I can bench 154lbs/70kg for 5x5 with great controlled form but will start feeling like another set would be a struggle.
All I'm seeing on these calculators is a rep box, but if I put 25 in, wouldn't that assume that was in one set?

I've started running two weeks ago, and today I had to interrupt my training due to pain in my left shin. When I stopped, it was a dull, pulsing pain, but the pulsing stopped soon. My right ankle is also hurting.

I'm running on concrete, 3 times a week. My 'routine' is simply running as many laps as I can, walking a lap to rest (I do this 2-3 times in a row).

What am I doing wrong, and what should I do about the pain?

You're supposed to be able to complete all your sets with the last one being a really good, tiring one. If you are doing 3x5 and you can do the first 2 but not the last the problem is either you're not resting enough or the weight is too heavy. It's probably rest since every 18 year old jackass on here says that resting more than 45 seconds is a waste. Just because they just use the cable machine for 3x10 tricep push downs so they assume everyone works out like that.

Is it painful? You tend to get cancer beyond skin cancer that is raised noticably on the skin, usually it would feel like a lump beneath within the tissue.
I'm not a doctor obviously, so get that shit check out. I did the same for a red bump that was painful at first but then just stayed on the end of nose, turned out to be just an inflammation that would go away in its own time, but I had already put it down to the fact I was out in the sun a lot that week.
Point is, don't assume anything is cancer, until you are specifically told its cancer. Get that shit seen.

I don't feel like you read the question, I do 5x5 bench, and yes, the last set is like you describe... but my point is, is there a calculator that takes sets into account, because I can only find one that does reps.
I am hesitant to try out my ORM or add too much weight on because I bench at a small casual gym with my girlfriend and the staff and most people are women, therefore not much chance of reliable spotter.

Short answer no there are none. Any that include sets are going off some made up CS student bullshit equation.

Strength goes off what you can maximally do in one hard set. Doing baby weight a thousand times doesn't mean you're stronger than a guy pushing more than you. If you're past novice and have a training max you just punch in that anyway.

You don't need the calculator to try and convince you you're stronger than you are. You don't just give yourself a few lbs because you "feel" like you could go harder if you tried. You just need to keep adding weight instead of worrying about forcing a calculator to tell you you're stronger than the other calculators say.

You need to use safeties when you go without a spotter and if you have 1 rep in the tank that's good. You shouldn't feel like you might die doing the next rep after a few months experience. Don't worry about the 1RM until you use a program that incorporates it, then just go slightly lighter if you worry about death. It won't kill your gains.

Then why they say it's important to consume at least 30g of protein after a workout?

Because broscience. If you want to drink a little shake after go ahead but don't think you're killing gains by not doing it.

is it possible to have 10-12 percent bodyfat and still occasionally eat carbs and sugar? currently at like 18-20, wondering what i gotta do to take it to the next level

is TDEE even a factor if I only eat when I'm effectively at a calorie defecit?

example; eat 400-500 calorie breakfast, 8 hours later, eat a similarly sized meal, maybe a bit larger, then MAYBE something before I go to bed, otherwise I'll just wait til the next day to eat again.

Yes but your kneecapping yourself if you mix fat and carbs together. I don't know what the window is for it but it's not a meme.

How often should you change your routine?
I'm stalling on my current one that I've been on for a while

There is no causal relationship between carbohydrate intake and body fat. Body fat is a result of energy balance.

You're at a calorie deficit if you eat less in a day than your TDEE, so your question is nonsense.

This is wrong

>There is no causal relationship between carbohydrate intake and body fat. Body fat is a result of energy balance.

it seems that this is the case

Well i found this muscleevo.net/should-you-eat-carbs-and-fat-together/

If eating carbohydrate and fat together increased fat storage, you’d expect to see a slower rate of weight loss in the balanced group. But that wasn’t the case.

After six weeks, subjects in the balanced group lost an average of 16.5 pounds. Those in the dissociated group (the ones separating carbohydrate and fat) lost an average of 13.6 pounds.

In other words, it was subjects in the balanced group who lost the most weight, although the difference wasn’t large enough to reach statistical significance.

I’ve seen it argued that the real benefit of separating carbohydrate and fat is that it forces you to stop and think about what you’re eating. It’s a method for enhancing compliance more than anything else.

While it may enhance compliance for some, it’s also going to reduce compliance for others, mainly because it adds to the confusion about what you can and can’t eat.

The only true requirement for weight loss is a calorie deficit. If separating carbohydrate and fat makes it easier for you to achieve that, then by all means carry on doing it.

so user who i first replied to seems to be right in this case

Look up Randal cycle. This is why everyone loses body fat when they cut carbs.

siimland.com/randle-cycle-explained-why-you-shouldnt-combine-fats-and-carbs-together/
found an article on this in case anyone is interested.

Still waiting for you two to refute this In real life everyone I see cutting carbs loses body fat. What about skinny fat people? People who eat like birds yet still have that gut? Just think about it for a second.

Weight loss doesn't mean bodyfat loss. Weight loss is you cannibalizing yourself all over for energy, we're talking about reducing body fat. A good way to lose body fat is to not replace it in the first place. There's all these high fat diets they don't gain inch of belly flab despite eating tube of straight butter a day and plenty of dairy and fatty meats. You don't see obese people, heart disease or high cholesterol in Inuit tribes who live on zero carb diets.

Seems like people want other people to think fats and carbs are totally interchangeable and don't interact with each other at all. This is just isn't seen in reality.

i don't even know man i'm just the one asking the question. i get your point and i guess i'm going to be cutting carbs from my diet i suppose. that's more difficult than cutting fats fuuuck

Animal fats are satiating it's not that bad. Carbs are part of that sugar addiction that's hard to get rid of and you literally never get enough of it.

Anyway your question was to burn bodyfat so that's why I said mixing carbs in will fuck with it. You could still probably have some juice and be fine I'm just saying that you need to skip out on eggs + toast if that's your goal. Just eggs would be better.

And no I'm not on keto and I'm not fat, I'm not trying to sell a zero carb diet. I need to gain weight actually and this discovery really fucked it over since now I don't eat oats as much.

My gf who recently told me she loves me, also recently went out to run errands all day and got all dolled up for it. More make-up than she usually wears, and wore a fancy dress. What did she mean by this

Why do we do 3 sets instead of say, 2 or 4 sets? Is there any science behind it?

Bread is great and bakery products in general. I've cut it down tremendously over the years but bread is still a staple in my household so its very hard to just skip it entirely youknow. Potatoes too, and cereal.

im lean bulking and i had a shit workout, should i eat a bit less today?

Bodyweight dips and running

>22
Is it game over for me?

Attached: IMG_20190623_133446.jpg (2448x3264, 1.88M)

How stupid would it be to cut in my case?
I weighed 63kg at my heaviest back in 2013 (I'm a dude but I'm pretty damn short at 160cm), I got into cardio after that and my lowest was 49kg, I've stayed at 52kg until I started lifting.
I've only been lifting since late December, I lost time not tracking my macros for some time but I still managed to put on 5,5 kilograms. Now, I know I haven't put much muscle at all but it's summer, I can pinch my belly fat and I find it disgusting.
I should be able to lose 2kg at a 400 kcalories deficit if I cut for a month and a half, just in time to see family and friends and enjoy what remains of summer.

I'm so sorry user...

Yes, broscience

Go and workout more faggot

If I can do weighted pull ups can I do weighted chin ups as well? I never do chin ups and am wondering if the different hand placement will be slightly harder and need to drop the weights or not.

I think chin ups are meant to be easier so probably. No harm in trying.