Why is the world so "unmagical"?

Why is the world so "unmagical"?
Nothing feels great, everyone just acts rational and predictable. Everything is so cold.
When was the last time you saw a couple that was genuinely in love and not just together, or together for bodily and superficial reasons? When was the last time you witnessed actual idealism or brotherly friendship in action?
Am I just stuck in childhood mentality?
Everyone seems so unloving and empty

Attached: Kingly-Black-And-White-Portraits-Of-Celebrities0241.jpg (600x600, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mgmzcdrI8YQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=mgmzcdrI8YQ
a b c d e f g

You grew up. Life isn't like the fairytales.

>everyone just acts rational

wut. You must be living in a different world than me.

I mean rational in their own sense. Self-serving.
If I spend a few days with a group I can almost always predict the next moves of every member
>quirky guy disagrees with everything, can even guess what quip he'll do next
>feminist gets triggered by X
>this guy is kinda caring, sure he'll be the first one to speak up when X says something mean
Yade yade
I'm not even that smart, but people around me are predictable, easy. Even strangers can already be judged by easy clues and you always know what they do, what they think, how they feel because they are, rational, simple
It's rare that I'm actually surprised by certain individuals or their motivation

Sometimes have this feeling desu. It is just another sign of upcoming changes. World doesnt stay the same. Such as rule of the nature. May it be the decline of our culture? Idk. Anyways, you can turn this grey-depressing world into something magical. People of ideals are rare, so keep searching for them. Keep reminding yourself, that you are not just another grey spot and you will realize that the world is your own sandbox with various tools at your disposal.

Attached: 3e66e1df428dd16365e6c93030a461c3.jpg (1200x1403, 215K)

People mostly live their lives on autopilot, letting their behaviors be dictated by habit and the expedient fulfillment of simple needs. The social dynamics you describe are an excellent example of that behavior: it's just the same familiar routine repeated predictably, satisfying the same social needs. I can offer no conclusive explanation as to why people do this, although I don't think it's because of a lack of intelligence or even creativity. My guess is that it has more to do with fear, perhaps a fear of nonconformity and ostracization, or simply a fear of the unknown. Thinking about my own staid and highly predictable behavior, I think I keep to it because deviating from it is exhausting; I'm inclined to speculate that it takes an uncommon degree of mental health and fitness to actually live one's life as a self-possessed individual, although perhaps I'm mistaking the direction of the causal relationship.

you're depressed / anhedonic due to constant internet exposure fucking up your reward system

It's not like I don't have it either. I often feel like I'm stuck in a rut. But I guess that's because I have several goals set I don't fully engage in because I already know how exhausting they could be. I often feel like autopiloting and merely observing too because I don't think I have or at this point could settle for a "course". My motivation keeps changing which is a real bummer, sometimes I feel like I should be the helpful example to people, sometimes I think only strength matters, sometimes I believe just being free from everything is the way and sometimes I just want to achieve. On the other hand I'm still young and at the point where a young man needs to decide "who" he is.
You're definitely right that it takes incredible dedication to actually be "real" and consciously acting towards a bigger picture.

Everyone acts normal and predictable?
When was the last time you argued with a woman?

Just recently. Depending on their position you always know what will upset them, or when I say "this really makes a person special" they say "yeah I'm something like that too" and so on.
They aren't that different to males too

>everyone acts rational
No they don't though I really wish they would

I feel very much like the internet killed the sense of wonder in the world. obviously you could chalk a large part of this up to being a kid but I still think that the overabundance of information is fucking awful for our brains. we are designed mentally to have to imagine and/ or seek what might be over the hill, in distant lands etc. there's no mysteries to life anymore. any queries you might have no longer require you to actually explore and experience in a real, emotional capacity but are simply found out by a few clicks of a button and a dry description of what it is you wanted to know. when people try to recreate or emulate this feeling it's always a pathetic pale imitation. the vividness of life has seems to have gone. the once singular string of pop culture, logos and iconography has divulged into a soupy grey gruel that we graze on all day

Couldn't you say the same thing about libraries?

>when was the last time you saw a couple that was genuinely in love
Few days ago, closing at work. Old guy and his wife were in there, 80s and 70s probably. She's standing there looking at the books and he's by her looking at the glassware. He says something, she doesn't hear him, so he moves in a little closer. Pinches her butt. She turns and looks at him and smiles while she brushes his hand away from her butt, then holds her hand out a little and he takes it. They never let go of each other for the rest of the night, and never stopped smiling. Opened the car door for her and all when they walked out.

BE MAGICAL YOU QUEER
HAVE EMOTION IN YOUR FACE
TURN UP THE SATURATION ON PICTURES
DO CARTWHEELS AND SOMERSAULTS
EAT COOL FOOD EVEN IF IT *DOES* MAKE YOU FAT
BE A HAPPY FUCK YOU SAD FUCK

who cares about any of that? just have sex, it will make you feel magical and it gets more magical everytime you have it

sex is unironically gross and there is no thrill if you realize it's just casual and unloving

just have the sex. sex releases chemicals in your brain that will make you feel good.

>everyone just acts rational and predictable.
I see you've never been in a car accident with an animal

They literally jump under your car

That's the human condition isn't it?

We're cast onto this plain of existence and for the first couple years it's pretty fucking cool if you are lucky. But as time goes on the feeling wanes and the monotony begins. The magical world is still out there but it comes with a price. You can have the magical world of true life at the cost of civilization (which means that it will probably be short.) Or you can have the magical world of civil life at the cost of individuality and growth by taking copious amount of drugs.

It's the human condition and it's not going anywhere soon. There isn't much that is going to change it because it's inherent. Some people try to mask it but that only does so much good.