/plg/ powerlifting general

End of the forced copy paste OP with the forced cringed acronyms edition

Attached: 4C42E6C3-BA65-49EB-BB84-88D17DFCF9B4.jpg (378x378, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

acc.org/latest-in-cardiology/articles/2018/01/18/15/00/myocarditis-in-the-athlete
google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/when-sports-are-bad-and-threaten-the-heart/a-16309687
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1525986507639.png (270x344, 52K)

BaldingManlet did Chad punish you with highbaring your first few weeks?

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce 2pl8s off your morbidly obese gut with your bro curling half the weight

new American record for julius, james still 30lbs away from 700 probably needs to start taking creatine, and wondering where hoornstra is
youd think Leroy would know how to spot, but that idiot just let 740 fall on the dude

Attached: bad side spots.jpg (720x996, 383K)

Then how will intermediates know routines, you stupid fuck?

they never bother to read it in the first place

t. little bitch faggot with an AWFUL bench press. post body/lifts you fucking retard. you won't. know why? because your master said you won't. fucking retard.

Attached: 1557776839890.jpg (988x1044, 273K)

Threadly, but non-spamming, reminder for you unlifting user CHODEs to post body/lifts and get a trip. But only if you have at least one of
>A squat greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A CONVENTIONAL deadlift greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A bench press greater than 1.5x bodyweight AND 300 lbs
>A Standing The Press(ᵗᵐ) greater than 1x bodyweight AND 200 lbs
>A body fit won't think looks like shit (good fucking luck)

Otherwise, stop LARPing, stop giving "advice" like you have half a clue what you're talking about, stop posting altogether, bring your ass to the gym, and try harder.

Attached: hits joint.jpg (720x888, 165K)

LIST OF PLG APPROVED ACRONYMS/INITIALISMS (post, but don't spam, in every thread)

>GDE (Genetic Dead End)
Exercise low-responder. High injury rate, no sports background, weak willed.

>GAYS (Gay Aylien Skull)
Weak bone structure, mouth breather. Wastes time trying to be strong. Jewey faced and mad, but harmless.

>CUCC (Cuckold Uninjured Crying Canadian)
Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

>VOLEM (Voluntary Evermediate)
Late beginner, early intermediate. Panics when the bar gets heavy. Program hops, works on technique, or sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress.

>BONER (Bench Only No Effort Retard)
Wants to have the admiration and ego of someone who lifts, but doesn't want to get the squat or deadlift of someone who actually lifts. Copes with a combination of bench press and autism.

>CHODE (Communist Homo Of Dick Eating)
Angry, godless little postmodernists who secretly loathe strong, masculine men who won't fuck their boybutt. Some transition into ugly rat faced pedos, others defend said CHODES. Also known as PHAGs (Projecting Homo Ass Goblins)

>TCHAD (Tries Consistently Hard All Day)
The Isleys, MAs, and other guys with average genes who actually like competing and getting stronger.

>UFO (Under Fed Organism)
Adult human male weighing less than 200 lbs. Throw food at them until the problem is remedied.

>user (Anonymous Nard Obtusely Nattering)
A noodlebuilt little wuss of a human. Hobbies include LARPing as someone who actually lifts and not posting body/lifts. Can be safely disregarded in all matters.

>SUMO (SUbhuman MOron)
Too stupid and/or genetically deficient to just bend over and pick something up. Copes through a combination of clowning half reps and eating butt.

Did you go to the gym at all this week, Hank?

Attached: Chibi Smug.jpg (907x718, 103K)

>spoto press
>help with the bottom of the movement
>guess how i know you're a clueless retard with a shit bench
that's literally what it's prescribed for? You're only an inch off your chest, which is where the sticking point is for me
>with a shit bench
This is precisely what I said my problem was, so yes.
>Do some slow controlled long pauses
This has been the bulk of my bench press work that never got me past 225x1.

my bed almost killed me today epic
its shitty cheap small bed probably for kids
folded in half like a sandwitch
im not even fat only 85 kg

>85kg
The kids bed suits you.

>THIS is the retard who is obsessed with someone that doesn't exist

Attached: lmao ffs.jpg (310x366, 20K)

205/142.5/260 @ 83, your turn

Attached: prog.png (356x587, 481K)

>scrawny little faggot manlet bitch with embarrassing lifts thinks his shit lifts are worth something

LMFAO. OOF. FUCKING IDIOT. THAT'S EMBARRSING. FAGGOT.

Attached: 1556258417710.jpg (340x314, 78K)

t. faggot who put his "6" or "8" rep "max" into some online calculator to figure out his 1 "rep" "max". shut the fuck up, moron. you look like shit.

>door knob at shoulder height
Fucking manlets when will they learn?

Send help

Attached: get de water nigga.jpg (992x425, 105K)

> thinks his shit lifts are worth something
Lmao reaching further than your dad reaches up your ass. You said post body/lifts so I did. Didn't say shit about their worth and ofc you're too much of a pussy to post yourself. Do you workout out as autistically as you type?

tl;dr. not an argument. post body/lifts, faggot.

Seething homosexual Chinaman.

Have sex.

Attached: BbhFrOi.jpg (1080x1350, 288K)

>chinaman

where did this shit meme come from

i agree. virgin incels like you would probably be better off finding someone to have sex with. too bad a repulsive faggot like you won't accomplish that lmao.

That OP was accurate though you raging retard. You're just too stupid to understand it and read the fucking fine print.

Click here to try our 100% legal steroids.

Our legal steroids are made with 100% natural and safe ingredients—without side effects, prescriptions or injections.

Get swole the legal, natural way,

i was wrong about bench being useless, it's the best upper body lift, ohp is shit compared to it, and dips are shit compared to ohp

squat's growing from a combination of v squat machine and volume deadlifts tho

Squatting with a fever y/n?

No you moron

Fuck, I really wanted to lift

y as long as you don't kill your heart or infect anyone
i squat with a fever and i think it makes the illness go away faster
but it's also a good way to fuck up your heart, or so i've heard

>but it's also a good way to fuck up your heart, or so i've heard
Source on this?

benched 2 plates paused for 2 reps fasted and after working physically since 6am

thoughts

i got no source and i'm not sure if it's true or false
i know for sure people can damage the heart and not notice it at all

don't do paused bench retard

mm crayons

I have procreated.

but its competition bench,...

You fell for the bench autist meme friend, it's this guy who posts the bench copypasta every thread although he doesn't even lift.

don't compete

The infection can theoretically go into your heart tissue and kill you

What the fuck? That sounds like bro science

no

Post body

Do you mean it can happen in general, or specifically if you lift while sick?

It's not unfortunately. It's not exactly common but it can happen.

Lifting with something more serious than the common cold/symptoms above the neck

Getting out of bed puts you at an elevated risk of death. Better stay in bed. Forever.

There's a difference between not getting out of bed because you're worried about dying and lifting with a fever you dingus

what if my above average deadlift makes up for my below average bench

It doesn't.

proof?

Nobody likes a one-lift wonder. Anybody can train hard in their favorite lift.

If you have a shitty lift, try harder. nobody wants to see you get on the platform and toss up a random turd in the middle of a meet.

That seems like bullshit besides maybe marginal increases in risk, you got a source for what you're saying?

He doesn't there is not such thing as virus entering your heart and killing you when you have a fever
What is this, 4000 BC?

What kind of proof do you need that being okay at one lift and shit at another isn't doesn't make up for being shit at one? Look at Fat Retard. Also don't listen to that mongoloid telling you not to pause your bench and not to compete.

The doctors in my family have warned me about it repeatedly. acc.org/latest-in-cardiology/articles/2018/01/18/15/00/myocarditis-in-the-athlete

this is true

>as virus entering your heart and killing you when you have a fever
Of course there is you retard faggot fuck, what I'm not convinced about is that lifting while sick increases the chances of that happening.

Good lifting out there my dudes, remember to treat each rep like it's a competition and never let complacency simply take you through the motions. Enjoy the process.

When I see a weak bench, I'm always ready for that fucking sumo deadlift coming, lol.

Better not strain too hard while shitting if you have a fever, lmao

if i could magically wave a wand and make my bench non shit i would

im really trying bros
same goes for squat

meanwhile deadlift goes up by itself it seems like

Attached: crimson.gif (382x400, 551K)

>if i could magically wave a wand and make my bench non shit i would
Why does your programming look like?

Have you tried eating more?

>Why does your programming look like?
i dont know why it doesnt look

but am already fat

>i dont know why it doesnt look
Did you just stroke out you fucking retard?

What program are you running. It's a simple fucking question

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 345K)

i dont run a program im just winging it

Attached: 1556634930201.png (537x522, 328K)

Fucking VOLEMS.

Attached: 1559872270877.gif (380x285, 1.97M)

Then cut a bunch and then eat more.

Whew. Wrong thread, dipshit.

Suggest me programme

>have sex
Cannot be part of it

Attached: 20190612_172959~(1)~(1).jpg (1776x2312, 1.99M)

Ok, excessive physical exertion suppresses the immune system, and if you have early stage myocarditis and you compromise your immune system your heart can get fucked very quickly.
But "if you lift with a fever the infection can go into your heart" still seems to be dubious. Sure it can, but why would lifting make it more likely?

It's too bad OP is a dumb cunt and didn't put the list in the fucking OP.
APPROVED INTERMEDIATE to ADVANCED PROGRAMS

>Bro Tier (trying hard, having sex, loving life required)
5th Set (great for late intermediates)
5/3/1 (read 2nd Edition, then Beyond or Forever)
-- 531 with FSL/SSL 5x5 (moron proof)
-- 531 1000% Awesome (for early Intermediates)
-- Beyond 531 (training maximally for strength)
-- Leviathan (heavy single every session)
-- 531 for Hardgainers (hypertrophy)
-- Build the Monolith (hypertrophy)
-- Boring But Big (hypertrophy)
-- 351 for Powerlifting
-- Coffinworm (great for strength)
-- Advanced 531 (simple and great for strength)
Westside for Skinny Bastards
Madcow Intermediate (great for early intermediates)
Destroy the Opposition (J. Lewis)
Cube Kingpin
The Cube (+ Predator)
Conjugate (max effort + dynamic + repetition)
Spotoshot (bench only)
Texas Method 4-day Split Model from PPST.
Juggernaut Method 2.0 (a more periodized 5/3/1)

>Nerd Tier (must have high IQ)
RTS Generalized Intermediate
RTS Emerging Strategies
Nuckols Average to Savage
Nuckols 28 Free
GZCL
TSA 9 Week
HLM (Heavy Light Medium)
Blevins Skynet AI
Juggernaut AI
Sheiko (for meet prep, don't break your dick)

>Meme Tier (might work if you love memes)
Hepburn x Sheiko Blend (Tan Slacks blog)
Candito 6 Week
Texas Method 3-Day
Texas Method Trappy Version (homo)
The Bridge
Smolov Jr.
Bulgarian/Bugenhagen Method
Slavic Swole
nSuns 5/3/1 (written by a 1200 lb totaling Redditor)
Hepburn "Power and Pump"
Programming 2 Win (by Jack Black)

>Optimal Tier (for gay, contrarian nerds)
Barbell Medicine

>Retard Cuck-Tier
PH3 (need a tourniquet to choke yourself, and it has a 100% injury rate)

*all of these programs work (except PH3), but the effort and attitude of the athlete is most important

Looks like I was mistaken, it can even be after something as minor as a cold google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/when-sports-are-bad-and-threaten-the-heart/a-16309687

This is why I run a marathon everyday on top of 5/3/1. A strong heart means strong gains. And there's no route to stronger gains than 5/3/1.

who else incorporates powerlifting in their esports training

>esports
You misspelled incel

Technically me but i wouldnt call mystic raiding in world of warcraft esport

According to this i did bugenmethod basically
High frequency
But i guess i should start recording my lifts better
I basically just pick a main lift during the day and try to pr in it
And then do backoff sets and other lifts like back work and isolations as last exercise

>esports training
I imagine having sex isn't anywhere in your program. Maybe under long term goals or dreams.

cope

Cope dis dick, NEET

Attached: 1561291629173.png (1361x393, 135K)

Can anyone aware me on the 531 hard gainers template? Been doing BBB for a few cycles, looking to change it up

>aware me on the 531 hard gainers template
If you eat properly, it's a great hypertrophy base template with good variety to keep things interesting, but it's based on the same principles

You exercise for 5 hours every day?

Don't you?

Thanks man. It isn’t printed in the books so I was wondering about how solid it is. I’m running it exactly as written even down to the accessory work, but I don’t want to go crazy adding little shit exercises beyond what Jim recommends if it’s not worth it for improving my big lifts or hypertrophy

I do Juggernaut ai. First month highbar/legpress only.

>did 390 lbs squat for 3 reps just over two weeks ago
>did 358 lbs for 5x3 a while later
>tried to do 396 lbs for 3 reps
>felt weak, could only do one rep

>was it the heavy front squats I did two days ago?
>was it bad sleep because I had caffeine after 6 pm yesterday?
>was it because I spread out my workout days too much due to laziness
>was it the slight pain in my hamstring that I felt between sets but not during the lift?

REEEEEEEEEE

if he was a pro gamer he'd be making millions and banging his sister and his mother

>blood moves faster, which means more turbulence in the heart, which means higher likelihood of pathogens getting stuck behind valves
Ok, that makes sense now.

E"""sports""" is fucking stupid. Call it competitive video games, whatever, but calling it a sport is fuck. They started broadcasting this shit on tv sports channels in an attempt to appeal to the zoomer demographic, not realising that zoomers that do care about e"""sports""" are already watching streams and they're not going to turn on the electric jew to fill their eyeballs with ads. As a result boomers that just wanted to watch the ball game are mildly amused at "why are they showing kids playing nine ten do, where is boomerball????" for 10 seconds, then change the channel. Dumb fucks losing views.
Ultimately though this all ties in with the normiefication of video games in the past decade, and the use of video games to push narratives in the past 5 years.

frozen throne 1st place award is more than ipf event budget and frozen throne is 15 years old

No but I only gave it 9 weeks till meet so it was just specific strength and then peak blocks

The Press™ is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. You only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing The Press™.

Nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". Nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift". And absolutely nobody cares about that contortionist bullshit joke of a lift you call a bench press.

The Press™ is the Supreme God Emperor and fried chicken is its first general.

Attached: The Press™ and fried chicken.jpg (500x707, 97K)

BASED

Attached: Big guy.jpg (1280x960, 717K)

Irrelevant

cope

"E-sports competitors" need that reward because it's their only income and the only thing they're capable of doing. IPF competitors do it because they're passionate about the sport. Not like it matters since you'll never win either.

the nationals was yesterday for my country, and just won the gold medal
these are my stats, I normally don't post just lurk
thoughts?

Attached: file.png (1163x1328, 474K)