In defense of BPD

You know what's interesting about people with Borderline Personality Disorder? Whenever they're not splitting, they actually have a strong sense of morals. They're often angry about injustice in the world and their own personal life. They're enraged by cheaters, bullies, insensitive people, and a whole slew of other things. Take away their mental illness and you're left with nothing but a passionate person with a strong sense of justice that has a heart of gold and a soul of a sage. They are essentially people who care too much - whose deep capacity for love in a cold and unkind world has ruined them. Fallen heroes, in a sense.

Attached: 1551731525783.jpg (954x1044, 717K)

Thanks for posting this, nice to see this compared to the usual hate. I thought I'd quickly reply and leave before I see all the hateful shit.

You're right.. We are deeply passionate people.

Time to hop!

Funny thing, I recall reading an article somewhere pointing out that the symptoms of BPD are extremely similar to the symptoms of chronic-PTSD. It made a lot of sense, especially because a hell of a lot of mental illness diagnoses seem to amount to someone who is themself not especially mentally healthy feeling around in a black box wearing thick gloves and trying to identify the contents anyway, and a lot of those diagnoses have suspiciously overlapping symptoms.

Still, dating someone with BPD if you are a sensitive person with traumas of your own probably isn't going to work out too well, maybe unless you're both exceptionally self-aware.

>They're enraged by cheaters, bullies, insensitive people
so why do they do it

>me
>browsing r9k like the dumb fembot i am to make myself feel worse
>finds thread
>cries a little
>actually smiles

Dear user,
thank you for defending my worthless ass.
it cured a little bit of my near crippling BPD feels.
Been diagnosed as BPD after ending in the hospital a month ago, it was originally GAD. Now its co-morbid with BPD.
Trying to research made me want to kill myself more.

God fucking bless you, user.
Live a good life.

Attached: help.png (961x619, 819K)

There are some who consider BPD to the exact same disorder as Complex PTSD. The main difference is that BPD doesn't necessarily require a traumatic or emotionally neglectful background and that people with CPTSD tend to lack a narcissistic shell.

Another day, another BPD thread on r9k.

>Whenever they're not splitting, they actually have a strong sense of morals. They're often angry about injustice in the world and their own personal life.

False.

They are the prime candidates to get roped into the SJW ideology and push batshit insane ideas because they're desperately looking for a group to insert themselves into as a cure for their perpetual loneliness. A lot of the lefty freakouts you see in youtube comps or viral videos (pic related) are actually just folks with BPD who have aligned themselves with some meme political movement (trans rights, lgbt, blacklivesmatter, etc) and are having a manic episode.

These movements literally thrive on and exploit these people because no sane individual would actually push what these groups are advocating.

Outrage culture is 100% just BPD men/women who took up political activism on a whim.

Attached: 5c3e10fe542a9c005d103158-750.jpg (600x450, 48K)

can you guys tell me more about where ptsd and bpd overlap and how they are different?

I wasn't aware that BPD was considered to be a flavor of narcissism. And as far as a traumatic or emotionally neglectful background, it's entirely plausible to me that someone who is just plain exceptionally sensitive from the outset might find something (or some situation) traumatic without even being able to identify it later.

Near as I can figure, BPD doesn't make you a bad person, just a lot more susceptible to some kinds of dangerously impulsive behavior. It's the ones who lack self-awareness or any interest in fixing their shit who are bad people.

There's no hard demarcation. All of this shit is fuzzy, that's part of the problem with psychology. Without an underlying model of how it actually works, a lot of diagnoses are just "we pulled these cards out of a hat and some dude with a degree feels they fit into this box."

Women with BPD are mentally ill and evil, nice try OP.

Attached: dsdad2d.png (1072x700, 1.17M)

>They're enraged by cheaters, bullies, insensitive people, and a whole slew of other things.
I think your understanding of BPD is biased because you're saying when they *are* splitting it's perfectly reasonable for them to do all of these things themselves.

what about men with bpd. do they act different?

okay user

go fuck yourself real nice k thx

Attached: PICKLWS.png (593x344, 408K)

One of my exes was BPD and she'd put on a collar and beg me to own her, choke on my dick, and beg for my cum. She'd also take it up the ass any time she was jealous of other women I talked to.

I think the craziest shit she did was when we were staying at a house I rented for a vacation, and next door was some kind of college party. It was night and she went on the balcony overlooking said party naked, and wouldn't come in unless I fucked her. They couldn't see very well and didn't notice us so I indulged her and started fucking her standing up from behind. She started loudly saying a bunch of perverted shit and I stopped fucking her and asked her to go inside, but she grabbed the rail and threatened to yell at the top of her lungs if I didn't start fucking her again. So I did, but then she started getting louder just to mess with me and said I'd have to shut her up, so I covered her mouth with my hand and fucked her until she came. As we went inside two college girls from the party were at the edge of that property looking up at the balcony, and one was pointing us out to the other. I have no idea if they ever saw anything.

She was pretty messed up. I loved her though.

wtf is BPD exactly?

When i stabbed myself in the stomach multiple times and got backer acted into a psychward they fucking diagnosed me with depression, may have bipolar,and BPD the thing thats gay about it is that i dont tell anyone about it cause they may view me as crazy since i have a personality disorder. i want an explanation of what meme disease these doctors fkin slapped on me

Attached: cuck.jpg (810x720, 75K)

They act similarly in some ways but are more likely to hurt themselves than actively try to hurt other people. They are horrible in relationships though and will just toss people away like trash the minute someone actually shows them genuine affection, because they become disgusted with that person. Then they go back to being clingy and desperate themselves.

No one fucking cares why are there so many bpd threads. It's not even a real mental illness.

BPD is essentially a cluster B personality disorder that impairs your sense of impulse control, followed as well by suicidal tendencies or self harm, dangerous impulses, sometimes trauma, a fragile identity and other things :(

source: im BPD myself

i guess your faggotry is a real mental illness user.
go get checked

It's like you coldnt qualify for any of the real mental illness so doctors just say your bpd so you'll shut up and feel special

k

>its not like i nearly tried to kill myself over this but okay
>had to be sent to the ER after literally collapsing after a severe mental meltdown

k user
whatever you say

>its not like i nearly tried to kill myself over this but okay
>had to be sent to the ER after literally collapsing after a severe mental meltdown
do you know how many times i've heard this shit in my life? it's always the biggest idiots who do this to themselves too.

this is my post
and wtf is this shit? just sounds like bullshit to me.
is that how others view it? cause honestly i just wanted to die in peace not be assigned some meme bullshit
>nearly tried
so you mean you just stood with a noose in your room and took it down eventually cause you pussied out?

>mfw r9k glamorizes a mental illness where a seemingly innocent girl will completely snap on you and try to ruin your life

Attached: BPD.jpg (1920x1080, 1.49M)

Funny how there's a colossal asshole trolling in here trying to act like it's the BPD people who are actually the bad actors. Someone's never heard of irony, huh?

>seemingly innocent
this is almost always not the case unless you're an underage/retard

Attached: 1547503592183.jpg (1100x924, 212K)

okay
thanks
for the last two:
>wtf is this shit? it just sounds like bullshit to me
yes thats its medical definition

>so you mean you just stood with a noose in your room and took it down eventually cause you pussied out

no i had the police nearly called on me by my roomate, already in suicide watch, sometimes i just want to fucking live but also die you know what i mean?
sometimes its the thrill of hating yourself so much you want to die but can't allow yourself to have the sweet release of death.

This. People should stop doing things that upset someone with a diagnosed mental condition, if they don't want to deal with that person's reaction.

Stop double spacing you turbo faggot

These tho

tfw no passionate artsy bpd gf who sews

i am a turbo faggot thank you
also let me space however i like, you can't tell me what to do you super cunt

I want to love a BPD girl so hard that it cures her BPD.

I dunno why they ignored my post either, it's one of the few ITT that wasn't attacking them or attacking bpd. weird

but do you, user?

you can't cure BPD these girls are walking black holes

Do l what?

You literally can't.

Their brains aren't wired to see love as fulfilling. They see love as a potential form of abandonment, which causes them to self destruct.

my entire life makes sense now.

time to die.

goddbye, fellow robots

l can certainly try.

Not them, but I wouldn't try to save you.

godspeed user

You go try man.
You go try.

That sounds exceedingly oversimplified. I think it's more that their brains are wired to see the world as an intrinsically unreliable and unsafe place, and there is no level of reassurance that will make them truly feel secure about being loved. Consequently, many of them resort to constantly "testing" that love, which eventually pushes away exactly what they need.

It's very difficult to treat, but as I understand it, not truly impossible for someone sufficiently self-aware and capable of developing a bit of self-discipline.

>not truly impossible for someone sufficiently self-aware and capable of developing a bit of self-discipline.
So the issue isn't BPD, it's just low IQ?

Discipline and IQ aren't the same thing. The trick is that someone with BPD has got to be aware of what they're doing and consciously force themself to refrain from giving in completely to their emotions -- which, you may have noticed, is extremely difficult for pretty much everyone. But it's a skill that anyone can develop with enough exercise (which is actively discouraged in this culture). IQ has nothing to do with it beyond needing to have enough basic intelligence to understand the concept.

I'm not saying it's not an uphill battle. Just that it's not strictly impossible.

In all seriousness, I know it doesn't work like that. I have a bit of a saviour complex though, and I don't think I'd be able resist trying to 'save' someone I liked.

Let me make this clear to you.

I met a bpd girl in a psych ward when I was a teenager. I fully recovered from my own illness in 3 months (sports concussions, nothing bad) and have gone a decade without a mental health issue of any kind.

Mainstream media memed me into being "compassionate", "understanding", and "patient" with her. This didn't improve her situation at all. She would basically just bombard me with essay-sized messages on Facebook about how much she hated her dad, and then stay up til 2am like gushing over how supposedly "amazing" I am.

Every few months she would block me out of the blue (seriously, no warning, imagine waking up one day and texting her "hey, what's up" only to get a FB error), then resurface a bit later with a list of stories about being arrested or getting kicked out of school. So any progress I made would completely vanish, and this would just repeat itself over and over again. Talk for a bit, she starts doing a bit better, fucks off randomly, comes around months later and her life is shattered again.

Then there was our actual relationship. First she was too stressed for one and called it off. Then nope, she's not stressed, she's actually a lesbian and isn't even attracted to me. Then a year later I'm sleeping with her while there's a pride flag above her bed and she's going on and on about wanting to "do things right." Then it's back to being a lesbian.

Does any of this sound fun? This is what you're in for.

I'm male with BPD/CPTSD. Fuck you.

"""BPD""" is just another word for lack of basic impulse control, one of the few things that seperates us humans from animals.
Doctors just made up that fancy term in order to sell medication for what is essentially nothing more than bad upbringing.

Attached: 1544149859816.png (370x320, 27K)

None of that would matter if I loved her.

>I wasn't aware that BPD was considered to be a flavor of narcissism. And as far as a traumatic or emotionally neglectful background, it's entirely plausible to me that someone who is just plain exceptionally sensitive from the outset might find something (or some situation) traumatic without even being able to identify it later.

I agree. Sometimes people say that they've 'always' had BPD because they remember showing similar behaviors and symptoms at 5 or 6, but you aren't born at 5 or 6 years old. People along those lines might have had their nerves frazzled during their toddler years or even infancy, either due to hardships, extreme sensitivity that makes even a regular life painful, or a mixture of both.

BPD isn't considered a narcissistic disorder in general, but one element of narcissism is that lower-functioning Borderliners have a 'narcissistic shell' - that is, they never take the blame for anything and always believe that any kind of problem or issue is someone else's fault.

The main differences that come to mind is that people with Complex PTSD lack a narcissistic shell, have a consistently low self-image (rather than the ups and downs of Borderline), and fear of abandonment isn't a symptom that comes with CPTSD. People with CPTSD are also less impulsive and rash.

The things they have in common include splitting, trouble controlling emotions, trust issues, self-harming tendencies, and viewing the world/people through a lens of fear and distrust.

>haha im tough, i can beat bpd with love XD
>meanwhile there are multiple online communities full of broken men who were unlucky enough to get involved with a BPD witch

They obviously didn't love her enough.

>The main differences that come to mind is that people with Complex PTSD lack a narcissistic shell, have a consistently low self-image (rather than the ups and downs of Borderline), and fear of abandonment isn't a symptom that comes with CPTSD. People with CPTSD are also less impulsive and rash.

The things they have in common include splitting, trouble controlling emotions, trust issues, self-harming tendencies, and viewing the world/people through a lens of fear and distrust.

Oddly accurate user, it's almost as though you know what you're talking about.

Y-you too. I spent a lot of time reading up on the differences and similarities between the two because I have traits from both, though a therapist ended up telling me it's probably CPTSD that I have.

For better or for worse you cannot assume every person with BPD is passionate and moral when not tripping balls from the ups and downs and all that.
Just as not every person with BPD is an absolute piece of shit who has the self awareness of a stick, not every person with BPD is a good person by default.

maybe this isnt the right thread, and ive already got a list of other mental disorders and im not trying to self diagnose but i want to know someone elses opinion.

>be me
>raised christian
>"thou shalt not lie"
>and i didnt except for a few times during childhood and in my teens
>become adult
>get gfs
>realize the nature of the female
>realize how many lies i had been subjected to growing up and as an adult from other people
>decide to lie once
>feels pretty good to keep my privacy
>lie again
>i can see the real benefits of lying
>keep lying until it becomes habitual
>start crafting webs of lies about my daily activities and life
>still an honest person most of the time but lie when it suits me which is frequently
>i think i just really like lying

Why is everyone else entitled to know every aspect of my daily life and my workings? Is lying just a part of adulthood, or do i seem like i might be borderline? I use lies to control peoples perception of me. Its like a forbidden fruit. and im really good at it now.

What say you?

Attached: just one more line.gif (500x280, 963K)

Your dick is not a magical healing wand of emotions.

Technically it is because semen causes the brain to create oxytocin.

>BPD have morals
>literally only maintain relationships when the person is cheating on you

And it is not nearly enough to do anything like cure depression or any other mental aliment.

You're right, I'm just saying you weren't entirely, factually correct

you angry, whore?

>conflating sex with love
I see why it didn't work out for you.

I concede that point to you.

look user, some NEET called you a whore, I read this post in an obese 13 year old's voice

Attached: 1521888627372.jpg (240x210, 5K)

i feel like i haven't seen this guy's face in years

All relationships eventually lead to sex, a better kind, yes, but sex nontheless. Eventually they'd just be using their genitals to make each other feel good. Besides, never dated anyone with BPD. It's for the best that I don't. I have PTSD, I'm not sure I'm ready to date at all, much less someone with another mental disorder.

...almost like different people are actually individuals and knowing any single trait doesn't tell you absolutely everything you might need to know about them, would you say? Get out of here with that crazy talk, we don't do nuance in this town.

Everyone has a mental disorder, is stupid, or both. Love takes effort.

You know what's interesting about people with Schizoid Personality Disorder? Whenever they're not fapping, they actually have a strong sense of morals. They're often angry about injustice in their own personal life. They're enraged by Chads, normies, healthy people, and a whole slew of other things. Take away their mental illness and you're left with nothing but a robot with a strong desire to frogpost that has a tummy full of tendies and a jar full of semen. They are essentially people who care too much about themselves - whose deep capacity for self-pity in a cold and unkind world has ruined them. Faggots, in a sense.

The only girlfriend I ever had was emotionally abusive to me. Is it really fair to subject any woman to the potential lack of trust I will surely have at first and potential trouble from PTSD, along with my inexperience in general? I want to make sure I can deal with it on my own first, that way no one else has to get hurt. I've advanced greatly and regained my trust in most people, but I still don't share much without being prompted, that is why I am unsure about being ready or not.

Women are emotionally abusive, and sometimes physically. It's just how they do things. The only time they'll be nice to you is if you're really hot, rich doesn't even help there.

Don't bring up your inexperience until after you've had sex, women run at the first hint a guy isn't their dream hero. Women don't get hurt. They'll get into abusive relationships for fun, they'll seek out cheaters, etc. The more they get into the more they get off on it, and will attack you to try and make you suit their fetish.

Oh but I've had sex... it is the cause of my PTSD. Turns out involuntarily losing your virginity at 12 during a sleepover is not conductive to one's mental health. But seriously though, the thing I fear the most is that I freeze up if I get to that stage with someone I care about a lot. Only times I've had sex were me being raped, by a guy no less. By inexperience I meant in dating in general. The only thing I fear about hitting third base is trauma fucking me over.

Just assume it will, and work on that. Don't pretend like you're not crippled now. As bad as being a frogposter is, if she can wait a week or two (two dates at least), you can then tell her you might freak out when things get intimate.

Honestly you probably won't get that far, because these days women either go full force and want to fuck you on the first night, or think you're worthless subanimal scum.

Thanks for the advice I guess...

> Have BPD gf
> She was mentally abusive to me
> cheated multiple times, forgave tge first but lefter after the next time
> months go by and I am focused on my job and bettering myself, she is out partying and whoring.
> she asks my buddy for money and that she will suck his dick. He laughs and shows me and then tells her no.
> she then asks me for money and i tell her no and to fuck off.
> "okay :)"

This is where it gets pretty bad.

This is over the course of a month

> one day wake up and had 50 messages from ex of videos of her fucking other dudes, get a sick feeling because I still have a little feelings for her. Delete her number and block it.
> a few weeks later get messages people calling me a freak and a piece of shit
> she had told people I was secretly attracted to middle school girls and that my ex found out i beat her
> police arrest me and take me in for questioning
> they find nothing because none of it was true
> let me go
> go into work a few days later
> GM calls me in, and fires me because he learned some "disturbing facts about me, and that I am not a good fit for the brand any longer."

This is where my life fell apart but I pressed on, it was a very difficult set of events I caused but I do not regret them.

> I wake up the following monday with no job or anything
> nobody talks to me not even family
> I am depressed and I don't know how to fix it
> hear my phone go of violently
> got videos of her calling me a bitch and that I should have never left her

Cool story normie. This isn't the place for you.

>>cheated multiple times, forgave tge first
LMAO ABSOLUTE KEK
you deserve everything that's coming your way

according to the other scrublord in here, you just didnt love her enough lplplplplplplpl

(Cont.)

> followed by more videos of her fucking
> I go into my backyard and get a brick from a pile we have there
> drive to her house
> i ring
> she sees me through screen door and opens it while screaming how worthless I am and shit.
> i bash in the face with a brick and she immediately falls to the ground with her nose busted open
> roomate is home and sees what is happening and screams bloody murder while calling the cops
> I hit her again in the forehead and leave a nasty cut
> then i finish it off with a slam to the side
> i stop and drop the brick
> i lay on the ground with my hands behind my head
>adrenaline is gone and I hear her gasping and gurgling
> I start laughing until cops arrive

I was sentenced to 10 years i got in 5.
She is nearly a vegatable.
On the inside i spent my time reading and getting educated, I learned electrical work as a trade. When I got out it was hard to find a job but I did. There is always a way despite your mistakes anons. I am content as of now despite all of that.

ok I take this back, sorry about that.
you definitely redeemed youself.
Godspeed, user and good luck for the future.

Attached: 1551423689514.png (240x240, 19K)

Read the next post

> got videos of her calling me a bitch and that I should have never left her

If you still can, you should show the GM the message so he knows that you just stuck your dick in crazy. Hopefully he would take you back if he likes you.

Also it would be a great idea to keep the message saved so you have proof how bat shit crazy she is for the future.

Never had a BPD gf but had a few room mates who had a few screws loose.

Lol it's already a bit late user. This happened awhile ago.

based revenge story but in another life or when we invent time machines you should take all the videos she sent you to the cops. it would easily, EASILY qualify as criminal harassment/stalking and she would have got 6-12 months in jail. however a stalking charge would have completely obliterated her reputation and made it impossible for her to find a job.

^^^
same poster and nvm just read your second post good luck to ya.

>woman getting charged with a crime
They literally have to kill their kids or confess they faked their 15 rape reports, and at best they get a month in jail. If you're not western maybe your country is sane, but every "first-world" country treats women as gods.

I thought about that, but it still wouldn't have stopped her from doing everything she could (and trust me she could do alot) to make my life a living hell.

Can the same be said for Bipolar?

I'm Bipolar type 1 and one time I hung out with this girl who had BPD; She was awesome and made me understand why people constantly have a problem with it.

Would she have not been that way if we dated? I think that's the vibe i'm getting

>would she have not been that way if we dated
That's your bipolar talking. You're a menace, and so is she.

I have a cousin whose father is BP type 1, and his ex-wife is a schizophrenic pill popper. Guy is sane but not okay.

Based on your story, I was able to come up with the following:

Potential of 1.5-2 years in prison for her, but realistically 6 months served and then out on probation. Again the big thing is the damaged reputation from having those charges on her permanent record. She would basically never be able to get a job beyond waiting tables at Denny's because employers would see it and think BPD.

Because you got arrested, she or someone else obviously went to the cops and filled out the appropriate paperwork, which in this case would qualify as a false report. The cops, if they knew their shit, should have asked if you'd like to press charges. At this point you say yes and they implement a temporary restraining order.

She would undoubtedly violate the order and continue to send the crazy videos. At this point it's contempt of court, plus filing a false police report, plus criminal harassment.

So nigger, while it's a good story and was probably worth it, you're kind of retarded.

I wouldn't say menace considering I put work and time to get my medication under control, but okay.

Some bipolar people are more stable than others. That was his decision

The father of my cousin is in his late 50s, possibly early 60s. Best medication they had in his 20s was thorazine. If the guy had his seroquel+depakote he has now, things might've been different. Even now, the most effective dosage caused a diabetic syndrome that made him lose some vision.

Stay on your medication. Dear lord please stay on it. Every time you think "that's a good idea" please stop and think about the consequences.

this cant be true. You have to be larping because my dick is way too hard. This isnt real.

show police record and i will literally masturbate on youtube livestream.

Attached: avin a laff.jpg (720x366, 53K)

God bless you, I'm sorry for what happened to your cousin's father,

How are you holding up?

Been thinking about killing myself a lot lately. I'm on an MAOI and guanfacine, and they barely do anything. Pains been getting worse, and I'm still an unemployed khhv.
>tfw not even worth abusing

Have you tried getting on Adderall?
Worked wonders for me.

>was on Lexipro 20mg and Lamictal 200mg. I wish I never increased the Lexipro because I went super manic thinking I was the next jesus and pretty much destroyed my reputation. Also the swat team came in and pointed guns at me and my grandma.
>had to go to the hospital's mental health block
>when I came back I was still manic. So I walked like 3 miles to the police station to apologize and make up with them.
>They checked my name in the database and found out my school officer put a warrant out on me because I was fucking autistic and sent this kid the navy seal copypasta which was taken as a threat (a felony charge in Fairfax, VA) So I went to jail and my mom bailed me out.
>Long story short I got 6 months of probation and I have to go to 3 victim impact classes and then i'm free
>Now i'm on Lamictal, Wellbutrin, Clonidine, and Risperidal.

I was prescribed ritalin and adderall, at the same time as prozac and some other things. Literally nothing. I'm beyond broken.

You lucked and have a normie brain.

I just wish I wasn't lazy

I missed 41-70 days of school and failed my year, dropped out, and I'm hoping to get my GED.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?