Fell for the squat meme

>fell for the squat meme

Attached: jut.jpg (1000x625, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Fob2wWEC72s
primefitnessusa.com/product/sw-solos/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2019 and you can't even figure out how squat properly.

Most people with knee issues when squatting, use lowbar form while doing high bar or high bar form while doing lowbar. This is because they youtube "how to squat" without knowing there's a difference.

Stay safe friends, I mean that.

>fell for the squat meme
>back pain gone
>knee pain gone
>ankle pain gone
>leg mobility through the roof
>thighs grew 4'' in the first six months
>hip measurement grew 6'' in the first six months
Legs went from being my worst attribute to being my best in a really short time.
Best decision of my life.

Switch to front squats and your problems will magically disappear

Aren't back squats better though for glutes and hamstrings?

I just do weighted uphill lunges. Lord have mercy if I fall backwards though wewee that would be quite the tumble haha

Attached: 1559764193810.png (800x1172, 1.12M)

Glutes no, hamstrings sure. You can get hamstring work through RDLs pretty easily though.

based dustin

The differences between low/high and front squat seem to be pretty minor. Both from EMG and actual hypertrophy studies. Do which ones for you best. Front squat also gets allot more development for the upper erectors though.
High bar/front if you go ATG may be better for glutes/quads due to more range of motion.
I've heard Dr Mike Isreatel say he thinks ATG high bar provides better growth stimulus along the length of the quad, preventing carrot thighs(thin knee yet thick at the top). But that's only a hunch. If you do make someone squat deep high bar after they've only done lowbar they sometimes confuse the pain right on the head of the quads with knee pain because they are so unused to the two heads burning.

low bar squats are a powerfatter meme
high bar or front squat, don't ego lift and go A2G every time

>squats with shitty form
>Blows out knee
>"Squat meme"

Open up your hips and the bar and plates will follow

>fell for the ''bench and biceps only'' meme.
fixed

>hip measurement grew 6"
WHEW THANKS FOR REMINDING ME NEVER TO FUCKING SQUAT

The squat is one of the best exercises you can do. It should be mandatory for everyone.

Post body

>>hip measurement grew 6'' in the first six months

THICC

>post body
No you. I want to see them hips you got suga.

All the how to videos reccomend different advice.

>not getting thick strong legs and ass and having all the bitches mire.

I knew leg training was for fucking faggots. Who brags about shit like this? I’m sure your boyfriend is happy about it

Fag

Squats shouldn't hurt your knees, but regardless, an alternative that's way easier to learn is the front rack barbell lunge.
I've replaced squats entirely with this movement and it's having basically the same effect, but with less risk to the joints.

If your knees hurt from squatting you're doing it wrong.

post body

>
I get hip/ knee pain when i squat, any ideas how to fix that? Right now I just do rear foot elevated split squats

If you genuinely want to start squatting without knee pain start your workouts with glute and hamstring warm up excercises high reps 25 ish range. Then start box squatting and build it from there.

Don't warm up for squats with a few squats and nothing else.

In 90% of the cases it's about hand and bar placement

Unironically find the stance and foot position that works for your hip morphology. There are some people who cannot squat without hip pain due to the way their femur sits in their hip joint but that probably isn't you.
youtu.be/Fob2wWEC72s

Same.
I did low bar squats for a few months and one side of my hip was wrecked, couldn't walk up stairs without pain. I quit that movement entirely, no reason to do it when there are other options. Fuck you Rippletits

Neglected squats due uncomfortable feeling after lifts and only did upper body mainly.
Switched to front squats I have never felt better. Turned squats from hated lift to most loved lifts.

lmfao. all the replies cause your hips don't lies.

Its true I was confused too when I started out.
I did it high bar and my right knee always hurted. Switched to low bar and it didn't anymore.

Theres 4 things you should always do in a back squat:
keep upper back tight (shoulder blades together)
take a deep breath in your belly and hold it throughout the whole rep
go at least as low as parallel
keep the bar throughout the middle of the foot

The rest depends on preference, proportions, how tight/loose you are etc.
The first 2 steps you should always do consciously. the last 2 are kinda learned from practice and filming yourself

I seem to push my hips back when im doing ATG on heavier sets... just a tiny bit, very minor, very very very minor.

In the 1000s of squats I've done I've never once had knee pain, sometimes got the odd burning in my quad or irritated hip but those seemed to heal on their own

Can I get away with doing just front squats? I like them much better desu.

That video was actually very informative, thank you user.

>There are some people who cannot squat without hip pain due to the way their femur sits in their hip joint
That was me in the beginning till I learned I need to open my stance much more.

>primefitnessusa.com/product/sw-solos/

Are these safe to use? I have shitty mobility right now and these are the only things that allow me to go ATG when squatting.

Attached: 1542236955023.gif (540x540, 2.15M)

What’s your argument for atg?

Don't think about squatting. Think about spreading your knees and sinking between your feet. Then stand up again.

>What's your argument for completing the exercise ?!

Raised heels are super common and normal in squatting. I dunno about these weird things but seems like the same concept.

Spread your taint

>skellyfag
>trying to build legs
>try to do bodyweight squats to start with
>left knee hurts everytime
>quit exercise out of fear of fucking it up
Looks like I'll always be skelly.

>hips grew

Attached: 1557648609647.jpg (679x567, 64K)

I had the same problem with my left knee starting out. It went away after getting my legs stronger through lunges and eventually moving to squats. I can deep squat now without any knee pain. My advice would be to keep going and try to work your way up. The pain will probably go away as your legs and knee get stronger.

growth in your hips means growth in your glutes.

kek, for that price you should just get weightlifting shoes

lunges are better than squats in every way

fuck lunges, bulgarian split squats are where it's at

this, good atg squats fixed my left knee.
also, my gf loves my ass

I had to stop squatting for a month because my shins made me feel like a 80 year old grandpa and walking up/down stairs was impossible, surprisingly it made me feel better when running

Why don't you just get some weightlifting shoes? I think the Leistungs have the highest heel or at least one of the highest. You can finde them for the same price. Also there is the cheap nordic lifting shoes on amazon for like $80 I got those for a friend they have a huge heel.

Improve leg GPP, do kettlebell swings, vulgarian split squats, goblet squats. Do this high rep but not to failure. Then start introducing barbell squats. Try to find out what is better for you - high bar, low bar or front squats. Also you may have problems with feet, like flat feet, or weak glutes.

>vulgarian
*bulgarian

i got my l3-l4 hernia after squatting without weights. i cant do squats without back pain and sciatica
im focked.

I'm getting very minor pain on my right knee since I hit 2plate. I always have trouble correcting my forum from watching videos.

Do step ups before you squat to activate the VMO.
Do EXTREMELY SLOW DESCENT paused squats with decent weight once or twice a week. SLOWER YOU SHIT. SLOWER.

>not squatting while screaming obscenities

At least you didn't fall for the stairmaster meme. That shit destroys your knees. If you have pain from squating take a week or two off, then properly warm up and use knee sleeves to help prevent injury.

>stairmaster
>meme
That's bullshit
A guy I know can go on the stairmaster for 20+ minutes and he has the biggest goddamn calves I've ever seen

Is there any actual reason not to use a pussy pad (towel specifically)

Not unless you are a faggot

>Doing lowbar form with highbar placement because I don't have a shelf apart from my shoulders
Fuck, I was hoping I could get away with it while I build up my lats for somewhere to sit the bar

There is no difference in form besides 2" on your back. Uprightedness because of forward knee travel is entirely up to you

just know that if you do, that everyone at your gym who trains properly will be thinking you're a huge bitch

>s-senpai, my hips are growing on their own
How the fuck do you gain 3 extra inches of hip on either side?

Nobody who "trains properly" is paying attention to arbitrary shit like that

had a nightmare where i lost all my leg gains and they looked like this. woke up in a cold sweat and touched my quads, thanking the lord and saviour

It's completely unnecessary, stop being a fag.

Yes, it makes the bar less stable on your back especially as you go up in weight. Barbell movements aren't supposed to be comfortable, you'll get used to the bar being on your back.

>flat as hell feet
>can feel knee wanting to slide out of place just laying down at night trying to sleep
idk lads. ive been down with the squat meme for years but warming up the other week i felt like it got torn in half. thought hip flexibility would help but it hasnt yet. will it get better in the next few weeks? I just want to squat again

GOMAD. All that calcium has to go somewhere.

COPE

>Flat feeted
>Calf kneed
>Hyper mobile joints
I feel your pain. My knees can dislocate any moment doing something physical, and no amount of training has been able to prevent it.
Fucking sucks.