How much should a man be able to pull up ?

How much should a man be able to pull up ?

I'm thinking 90/100% of your body weight in added weight for one rep would qualify you as stronk

Attached: Pull-Up+(Weighted+-+Male)[1].jpg (850x1105, 183K)

Lol that would qualify you as extremely fucking strong man, that means at 150lbs a guy would have to add on basically 3.5 pl8s. I would say if you can do strict pull-ups for reps with more than a pl8 you are strong.

anyone know where to find this exact power tower?

Do weighted pull ups build biceps? I wanna do them but it'll make my weighted chin up weak and I prefer focus in chin up.

20 pull ups makes you competitive for getting into SEAL training

no do isolations for biceps if you want them to be big

not as much as chin ups do

I do, but I like weighted chins for strength
Yeah I only asked because pic related's biceps are pretty activated

I would be happy as fuck if I could lift that much. You need at least 5 years to get there

I'm betting most of you can't even do 1 full ROM rep without weight

5 years for a 1pl8 pull up ? If you are morbidly obese and with a test problem then yes . Or If are on a meme bro split with a shitty diet it could also take 5 years I guess

I thought we were speaking here about 90% of my bodyweight. 65 kg

5'7 pullup master here. Here are my maxes to give you an idea of how weight compares
>1x each arm 1 handed pullup
>3 x 13 1plate added
>3 x 7 2plate added
>25 bodyweight full rom in a row

Being able to do 100% added weight is insanely difficult. I recon only professional athletes and cali enthusiasts can do that if above 5'9. You would need very low bf and it would require not too much muscle mass anywhere but arms and back.

I was messing around with an assisted pull up machine when I was bored the other day, and I figured out that while I can currently do 10 good form pull-ups at 180 pounds, if I added 20 pounds assistance I can get around 18 reps. It's reasonable to expect that if I just lose those 20 pounds, I'll be able to do those 18 pull-ups consistently, right? Progress has been slow as shit working with my existing bodyweight, even sticking to programs religiously, I've added maybe three reps in as many months.

Attached: armstrong.png (932x757, 129K)

should be able to lift the weight of an average man (200) plus 70, and the weight of an average woman (100) for a total of 370 pounds

chinups and pullups are amazing for arms, don't believe anything else. If done with full rom and often, you will see tricep, biceps and forearm gainz, I guarantee you.

i can do that but im a dyel by fit standards

These numbers don't add up, you should be able to do a couple of one armed pullups if you can properly dead hang 25 and do 3x13 with 20kg attached. hell even 2 plate is 150% of your weight and you're doing 3x7 but you can't do a singleone armed? I suspect that your ROM is terrible

At 85kg and 6'0 I'm able to do 12 reps with 30kg and 4 with 50kg, once at +60kg it becomes difficult to get lockout.
Anyone able to pull 90-100% of their bodyweight is elite level.

Yeah but they're better for your brachioradialis. Chinus and supinated rows for bis

dont work the triceps at all

I'm also betting on this, I've never seen another person except myself going full ROM at the gym, there's guys bragging about doing a shitton of pullups while doing that crossfit squiggly meme thing instead.

Everyone is dyel by fit standards.

Full rom would be touching your manubrium, right? I can do that on chinups (first couple of reps only though) but on pullups it's like I hit a barrier and can't go further. I could physiologically touch the bar with my nips, but I don't have the strength to go that high yet

I can do 23 full ROM with bodyweight and only 5x5 with 20kg added. I have trained weighted much more than with just my bodyweight.

It's not only about chest touching the bar, starting at a dead hand (or at least scapular hang) is just as important, it doesn't count unless you're truly at the bottom.

I've been exercising for a year and I can do 8 pullups with a 40lb vest. If it takes you 5, you're doing something wrong.

I can't even do a single pull up if I start with my arms all the way down. What are some exercises to build up those muscles so I can get to the point where I'm actually able to do multiple pull ups?

Negatives and arm hangs.

>scapular pulls 5-8 x 3
>arch hangs 5-8 x3
>negatives 5-8 x3
In that order of progression, i went from not able to do a single pullup from a dead hang to two pullups in a few weeks.

50kg manlet detected

They work the long head of the triceps. You won't get big triceps from pull ups, but they are worked to a degree by the exercise.

i've been climbing for 5 years and can knock out about 35-40 full rom with no added weight

If you can't do a 1 armed pull up you are weak

once you get to 8 reps start adding weight. 5 pounds at a time.

do 3X8, third set until failure

small framed manlets will do this way easier than wide framed, tall people though

Try negatives.

thanks lads that's some good advice

The brand is Flex Fitness. It's clearer in this pic I found.
After googling I cant find anything on this brand. Probably a small company that went nowhere?

Attached: 928_1.jpg (850x1275, 108K)

Yes but who really cares what manlets do

depends on how much you weigh

>Average women weighs 100
>Average man weighs 200
Average women is 160 my dude

Yeah, I meant to add that but forgot. And unless you have shoulder problems like a labrum tear, it should always be a deadhang