Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: 1561945941461.webm (1136x636, 1.66M)

The bar
Shouldnt have done that, ya hear

natural selection is never "wrong"

the slavnigger on the left(right) with the red shirt

did he died?

It was extremely painful

The lifter. All other answers are wrong.

Know your limits. Use mixed grip if you are pushing for a PR. Train grip strength, wrist flexors, and forearms to keep pace with your chest so that you can hold the weight that your pecs can push.

However, both spotters are also irresponsible fucktards. Even black shirt, who had his hand under the bar did almost nothing to even lessen the impact. Red shirt, to me, wasn't even spotting. Just watching. Go be useless somewhere else.

>mixed grip bench

No spotter should be expected to react and actually catch the full bar that fast. They're there to help guide the bar back up if the lift is failed, assisting the lifter back to the rack, not catch a suddenly flying barbell. There's little to no way either of them could have actually caught that bar without really fucking themselves up.
That looks like enough reds on the bar to be within the 'sometimes shit just snaps' weight range, some kind of mechanical spotter would be a decent idea.

He's a big guy

For you

yes. 100% serious.

The nonexisting safety bars that should've been there

The flatbench is natural selection at work

>shitty spotters
>shitty lifter (then again maybe something snapped)
>no low safety bars to prevent total death

Lifter should know his limits. I've failed on benches before but I've never lifted so much above my limit that it literally fell of my hand

They're all slavs, mutt.

>mixed grip bench press
t. 3-inch ROM bench presser
He was getting it up. It's simply slipped. It can happen when you have 250+ kg on the bar.

This is the correct answer.

if only there was a way to prevent this

Attached: 41iD3SPub9L._SS416_.jpg (416x416, 15K)

guy in red shirt wasn't ready

Yeah, good luck catching a falling 500+ lbs barbell. He'd just tear a bicep.

Attached: VID_20190302_115803_2_1.webm (1080x1920, 2.7M)

Lightweight baby

Attached: 1522350390868.webm (640x640, 2.6M)

>tfw you don't have a spotter to teabag you when you fail a lift

How does this happen? Does the bar break your thumbs or are their hands just slipping? Are the people in these videos using incorrect grip?

mixed grip bench? what?

He's suicide gripping, no thumbs. There is a better quality version where you can see the thumbs aren't wrapped around the bar even though it looks like it in this blurry version.

>inb4 the suicide grip apologist gang shows up

he actually did die of internal bleeding on the scene if i remember right.

So, how do I avoid this?

>using a thumb grip
More like suicide grip amirite, just watch a benchfail compilation.

you can clearly see he is NOT using a suicide grip.

>How does this happen? Does the bar break your thumbs or are their hands just slipping?

Wrist loses control and goes forward. Bar falls out because gravity.

Get some glasses.

Attached: 1363347757512.jpg (160x160, 6K)

I don't really know how to explain it, but if the ends of the bar are "rolling too well", like the ball bearing is working way too smoth and rolls with almost no resistance, that can transfer to the bar and the bar starts rolling really fast all of a sudden and that rolling motion makes it slip out of your hands. I had that happen to me once, ever since then I always spin the ends of a barbell before doing benchpress with it, to see if the ball bearing is too smooth, the harder to move the better for bench press.

the bar rotated due to it being bent. The amount of torque was too much to grip

>mixed grip bench
>mixed grip bench press
>mixed grip bench? what?

Just turn one hand around, dummies.

No but in all seriousness, sorry I was drunk when I posted that.

Gravity

What happend? Suicide grip?

Fuck
I didn't even realise this was a possibility

ding ding mother fuckers

The lifter is the one at fault. Ego has no place in the gym, nigga should've just stuck to a weight he could handle and it never would've happened. And if it's a PR thing he should've gone less drastic in the amount of weight he added, that was clearly way too much for him

Damn, homosexual celebrity Steven crowder looks like THAT?

Nobody cared who he was u til he dropped the bar

Nobody cared who he was until he dropped the bar

I will never bench outside a power rack.

Red shirt spotter, event organizers and on site medical personnel for not getting him immediate medical attention.

>The spotter is going to negate the downward force of a barbell in freefall

Attached: 1561573120267.jpg (333x464, 62K)

If the spotters can't lift the barbell, they're not spotting, they're watching.

Yes, it is harder to catch a falling barbell than it is to pick up a static barbell of the same weight, but human reaction times mean that a decent spotter should have their hands grabbing the ends of the bar before the bar has fallen 8 inches, meaning that the bar will not have gained significant kinetic energy compared to the potential of the bar. It's a non-zero amount, but it's a few inches. I'm not asking them to catch it falling from 30 feet.

They have a little bit of time to be able to slow the bar and at least dramatically lessen the impact of the bar on the chest. Red didn't even touch the bar. Black at least had his hands on the bar after it starts falling, but with red not doing shit all, it was game over anyway.

>the amount of torque was too much to grip

Attached: tumblr_os022lCGrk1qgpiwko1_500.png (500x283, 125K)

What he said is correct tho

A spotters job is to assist a lift when the lifter can't lift it, not catch the fucking bar out of midair
You set up rigid metal safeties for that
A human body can't do what safeties can do

if the bearing isnt facing any resistance it wont transfer any torque to the bar dumbass

Let's say we're hiking and you slip off a cliff edge, you reach for my hand but I jerk it back and say "whoa, human bodies can't do what safeties do, they should've built a railing here!".

Then I watch you cartwheel down to the canyon floor and explode like a water balloon filled with guts and blood.

Nigga just took an L

Autism

yeah but what happens when the bearings stick?

It transfers torque.

The lifter's, the spotters can't be expected to catch weight that heavy in freefall. They're there to help get the bar up when the lifter gets stuck, or to peel the bar off his chest if it drops (which is what they did)

When using weight you're not comfortable with, your wrists can give out and rotate forwards. It happens to a lot of people, usually with no consequences, but when the weight gets absurdly heavy it's just simply too much to hold on to.

You're denser than gold my guy, I'm sure you can catch a barbell in free fall
Definitely record it when you do

I get what that guy is saying and it makes perfect sense

what if we're both in free fall checkmate atheists

>wears wrist supports
>wrists still buckle
lmao

I think that's exactly the point. a spinny bar can easily roll out of your hands, whereas if the bearings are completely locked, the bar will hardly roll at all due to the inertia/friction of the plates