Derm says my acne is severe (thought it was moderate), I'm not gonna take accutane though...

Derm says my acne is severe (thought it was moderate), I'm not gonna take accutane though. He prescribed me azelaic acid 20%. Now, does anyone here have experience with azelaic acid? Does it stunt beard growth or bleach the hairs (VERY important for me)? Does it reduce test (also VERY important)? Pic related not me btw.

Attached: get-rid-of-swollen-painful-acne-1516368931.jpg (480x305, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3051853/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14729013
thesun.co.uk/uncategorized/8732814/acne-sufferers-claim-anti-dandruff-shampoo-cleared-up-their-angry-red-spots/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just wash your face lmao

I wish I could shoot you in your 1/10 jew tier ugly fagface right now.

maybe you should have asked him instead of an anime forum filled with retards

Azelain does nothing. No effects, no side effects

It's most likely some dietary cause. You are eating sonething that fucks you up.

I wish I could wash your face LOL

ive had a small acne, like 10% of yours, and my mother bought me an Indian cream (Tejaswini Margosa Butter), its great, it helped from the first day, now i have super clear skin
eurofag btw, dunno its avaliable in America

accutane made me suicidal

rtfm fag

Topicals never work well or they work temporarily then stop. Acne is an internal problem not an external one.

Dry fasting for 48 hours is better than anything your derm can give to you

I used to have absolutely horrible acne, all I did to fix it was this (use actual face wash, not soap or shower gel) and stop drinking soda. Have you tried this OP?

That's one of the reasons I'm not taking it.

So what the actual fuck am I supposed to do? I already only ever drink water (2.5+ litres/day), I don't eat/drink any dairy, no sugar, barely any fat. I basically eat as clean as you can possibly eat when you're not a millionaire. How in the world am I supposed to single out what exactly is causing my acne? There's just no way other than eating only one thing for a week, see if it gets better, and increment. I'm a human, how am I supposed to do that? Derm also prescribed me an antibiotic, but I don't know the name right now.

REKT

Attached: 14c2af8efbbd446efbb3b10cce595b43.jpg (640x633, 42K)

just do carnivor brah. It'll clear up your pizza face in 3 months

How old are you OP? If you're a youngfag age might fix it

Maybe it's a bacterial cause? Ask for maybe a swab test and/or antibiotic cream?
Don't let them shill you Epiduo tho, that shit is a literal scam that doesn't work.

>So what the actual fuck am I supposed to do?
just take what your dermatologist gives you and if it bleaches your beard or makes you feel like less of a man who gives a fuck. its so damn easy you brainlet.

ask for benzaclin, that shit is magic

plant based diet cures acne

18. Yeah, it's likely mostly hormonal, but there's people that have acne until 30. I don't know when it'll get better and I don't know if it ever even will, I want it gone now.

He prescribed me an antibiotic too, but I don't know the name right now.

My face, back, chest was like 75% of OPs Pic. What really cleared me up was going Keto (high fat, less than 20g of carbs). Prior to that i did a vegetarian diet, it DID clear me up a bit ( notthing compared to to keto ) for 10months but i definitely became more emotional and lost all my muscle mass so i fuckin stop drinking those onions products and started eating my red meats again. Give it a try OP, i wish i did it when i was younger because the scarring wouldnt be so bad. Im 27 and im still dealing with the scars

What do you wash your face with? If you don't already you should use actual face wash, don't use shower gel or soap on your face, and exfoliate every week

It might not be diet. It is for some and isnt for others, it could be purely hormonal in which case your only option is to wait until your hormones settle or take accutane. Although i took accutane and it worked initially then the acne came back, didnt come back as bad but still came back but now i figured out it was dairy that was causing my acne, 2 days after consuming anything that contains milk i breakout on my scalp and depending on how much dairy i consumed ill breakout on my chin / around my lips.

If you want to make sure its jot diet related then make sure you cut out all processed foods and dairy and eggs. Basically your food options should be meat + vegetables + fruit + nuts and seeds + wholegrains. Completely all natural, no preservatives, no dairy, no caffeine or alcohol, just stripped back to the very basics. Do this for maybe 1 - 2 weeks and see if you notice improvements. If nothing changes then its not dietary.

A derm is a doc and a doc is a jew. I don't trust the jew and neither should you.

I'm dyel (maybe ottermode) and I'm gonna start bulking again at the end of summer, and keto doesn't work for bulking, so that's out.

I used to wash with soap, but not anymore. Now I wash with (warm) water only.

Do not take antibiotics for acne. It will decimate your gut microbiome, its not worth it and it may not even work. Antibiotics prescribe for acne gave me gut dysbiosis which was fucking horrific, i felt spaced out and dizzy everyday for the best part of 12 months.

Wash and dry multiple times to remove all oil from your face. Then use jojoba oil a moisturizing lotion.

I want to try this. What do you recommend I should eat exactly? What kind of meat, what vegetables, what fruits, etc.?

Why do you refuse to take accutane?

I was very depressed up until about 7 or 8 months ago and I REALLY don't need that again. Depression is one of the many possible side effects of accutane, so I'm not gonna take accutane.

remove the damn embedded oils. Wash your face hard. Water is all you need. Dry and rewash. Use gold bond healing lotion after. Made my face delicious.

Any meat, any vegetables, any fruits, any nuts and seeds, any wholegrains. All fresh or frozen just make sure there isn't any added ingredients. It doesn't matter what you eat out of these categories the emphasis is just on stripping all of the other crap out of your diet. Including dairy and eggs and anything to do with another animals reproductive cycle.

You dont know what you are talking about man. Accutane side effects exist because doctors prescribe them at suicide dosages. Accutane works perfectly at 10mg per day, and maybe even 5mg per day. At that dosage, you dont even get dry skin, which is almost a guaranteed side effect with accutane. Getting depressed on 10mg or 5mg is fucking impossible. 0.000001% chance. Add on top of that accutane has a halph life of 1 or 2 days. That shit is out of your system before the week is over. Dont be a stupid fucking child, use 10mg per day, stick to it for long enough and you'll be cleared of acne for the next 5 years without a single fucking side effect.

I used face wash and moisturizer but my fucking skin started falling off, what can I do?

That is the first actual reasonable response about accutane I ever got. Have you tried it at 5-10 mg yourself? And how much does the derm usually prescribe?

Scrub harder. It's the embedded dead skin. Remove it all to reveal real face.

Wtf you got against Epiduo? I use it to maintain and avoid breakouts. It works senpai.

Don't know about that, dude

underrated AF

Try putting nizoral 2% shampoo on the skin for maybe 10 minutes (I'm not sure what the optimal time, start low at 5 minutes and see how it affects your skin).

Nizoral 2% stopped the shoulder and back zits I got when taking steroids.

It inhibits DHT (a potent androgenic hormone derivative of testosterone) in the skin which reduces sebum and dries the skin out a bit.

People use it on the hair to slow down balding, which is also caused by DHT.

Also my girlfriend at the time had those really tiny zits on her forehead and nizoral worked for her as well.

I'm on accutane right now and its probably the best decision ive ever made.
Im only 2 months in but my face is mostly clear and very smooth. I used to wake up with 3-4 new pimples every morning but now I might get 1 pimple every 3-4 days. And im not even halfway through.

Everyone is always concerned about the side effects but honestly im not bothered by them. My mood hasnt changed at all, I definitely dont feel suicidal. The only thing that has been consistent is my face is very dry. I just have to apply some moisturizer in the morning and reapply chapstick after every meal and Im good.

Even if you have bad side effects the treatment only lasts for 6 months and after that you pretty much never have to worry about acne again.

>18
Yeah not much you can do other than wait it out. No need to fuck your shit up with accutane, it'll probably be gone in 2 years anyways

>but jooz
you really are 18, aren't you

>Just wait it out bro, it'll be gone soon bro
Nope, not gonna wait it out. I want to make experiences with girls too, like most other guys, you know? That's getting significantly harder with a face full of acne though. And if I don't make these experiences now and just wait it out until 22, I'm gonna have killed myself already, or I'm gonna be a total sperg. Waiting it out is not an option.

Go get some accutane and get it over with then while youre still young.

Doctors prescribe accutane at 80-120mg per day, which is absolutely INSANE. Completely mad. Of course you get side effects on dumb fucking doses like that.
Yes. I had a acne all over my face, chest and back during teenage years. Steroids made them 3x worse, so i decided to use accutane. Note at this point my acne is very severe, covering my entire back, including my shoulders.
-20mg for the first 2 months. little bit of dry skin during the first month only. Initially got more pimpeles, then it cleared really fast to about 30% of what it used to be. Each week my skin woud look better.
-10mg for the following 6 months (Total 8 months). Acne was completely gone. Face looked clean as fuck and 5 years younger.
-lowered to 5mg for another 4 months (12 months total). Had 3 pimples in total during that time on my entire body
I lived with acne for the past 10 years, and accutane lifted this curse from me in a mere 6-8 months.

I havent used accutane in 2 years and i have no acne/pimples whatsoever. If i ever get it again, 5mg will be enough to clear it out.
Accutane is one of the best, most "magic" medications out there. It will clear out even the worst acne with a 99% chance and your skin will stay clean for years after usage. You just need to give it time and be patient, but can assure you if you use it, your skin will be clear before this year is over. Just dose it like i did, and maybe use 20mg only the first month instead of the first 2 months if you are so scared. But even if you experienced any severe side effect, as i said before, accutane has a halph life of 24 hours or something like that. Its out of your system very quickyl.

Attached: 1558912689874.jpg (255x255, 65K)

PS: and whatever you do, dont listen to your stupid fucking doctor or you stupid parents. I bhought my accutane illegally from some steroid source because my dumb nigger doctor wouldnt give it to me. My sister and my dad bitched at me for using it and "REE I GOOGLED IT ITS HORRIBLE REE". I told them to fuck off.
6 months later my skin is so fucking clear, my mother has tear in her eyes because for the first time in her life she sees me with a clean skin and she is so happy about it.

And all of that because i popped 10mg of accutane per day, after getting so much shit and fear mongering from literally everyone around me.

Alright, I might actually try this. Thank you very much. But still, how much worse is the acne going to get initially, and how long will this last? And does accutane affect beard growth and/or test levels at all? Also, do you know whether accutane reacts with other drugs at all? Other drugs meaning weed (primarily), psychedelics, uppers (like coke or X) or downers.

It will get worse like 20-30% and last maybe 3 weeks.
No it does not effect beard growth and test levels. Accutane is literally just a vitamin.
Accutane and alcohol is a bad combination. I didnt drink when i was on 20mg, but on 10 and 5mg i dont think it matters.
As i said, accutane is just a vitamin. It doesnt interfere with drugs.

Get medication then, but be prepared ro pay the price in terms of side effects. You won't solve hormonal acne with nutrition, just manage it

Alright, thanks again.

Listen to this:

1.Acne is cause by bacteria eating sebum which causes inflammation and pimples

2. Increased sebum is caused by DHT in the skin

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3051853/

3. Ketoconazole in Nizoral 2% shampoo lowerd DHT in the skin

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14729013

4. Lowered DHT = less sebum = less acne

Even this shitty article from this year mentions it, I figured this shit out 10 years ago. The dermatologist in the article totally gets the mechanism of action wrong. I thought going to university and getting a medical degree would make someone smart.

thesun.co.uk/uncategorized/8732814/acne-sufferers-claim-anti-dandruff-shampoo-cleared-up-their-angry-red-spots/

Accutane is systemic whereas Nizoral is topical, so pick your poison.

dont, acne is staying with you for the rest of your life just like mine, dont worry too much, you get used to it, think of it as a annoying guest you cant get rid off that becomes increasingly part of your visual identity until people will remark that on your acne free face since you have been associated with acne since you were 13 and now you are 26 and still have acne but dont worry bro we're all gonna make it hahah

I went through every medicine and old wives' tale treatment until I went on accutane which actually fixed it.
Was too late though, I waited until I was 22 and the damage was done.

I'm gonna get my face lasered in a few weeks. Costs 1,8k eur but it will be worth it. It reduces your acne scars by a LOT.

Some people get right fucked up by carbs. Might be that.

This is unironically true.

t. been vegan for almost a year and getting rid of that shit was one of the positive effects

It's fucking infuriating now that it's back and I have to find out what is it exatly that fucks me up. Thank god it's minor and not nearly as bad as in OP's pic, but still very annoying and fucks my self esteem up.

It’s all about the face and you are fuckkkked you might well be this young chap...

Attached: 623924E3-A4E2-4D72-A87A-D4DA702077E7.jpg (400x400, 30K)

Ask your pharmacist dude.

Attached: 1560530384265.jpg (600x600, 43K)

This, pharmacists take a minimum of 6 years of school and are super knowledgeable. If they don’t know something they have tons of easily accessible resources to answer your questions accurately, I worked in a pharmacy for 6 months and the pharmacists were great

B-b-but jooz mang

10/10 would cum on youre forehead again

>tfw 22 and still have acne
Thanks user, I'm gonna do this

based

Remember to wash your pillow cases and sheets too!

Just use Accutane you fucking brainlet

why didn't you just ask the derm this

seconding this, I had to go zero carb to fix my acne even rice would make my whole back break out from shoulder to hips

DM think thats bad wait till u get the left o er hyperpigmentation n ice pick scars

Just take some goddamn Vitamin A supplements. For starters just compare the molecular structures of those two.

Attached: vitamine-a.jpg (501x267, 39K)

Attached: B T F O.gif (500x294, 2.87M)

If you don't trust doctors, why go to a doctor in the first place? You're retarded for wasting your time and money.

OP, just do accutane.

You don't have to do a crazy dose like your doctor usually prescribes. I did 20mg a week for a year and had great results, and without any side effects.

You can't be this dense. Water alone does fuck-all for bacteria. Some bacteria even thrives in a wet environment.
Wash your face. As in really wash it, with soap and shit. Just don't go overboard, as washing too often can irritate the skin. Start out washing your face as soon as you get out of bed and just before you go back to bed.

Accurate is the only thing that works, don’t kid yourself

Donyou fap? For some people it makes it a lot worse if you fap.

Different person here

I started on 10mg for 2 months, then 20mg for 2 months, then 40mg for 4 months. My acne never got any worse but very quickly got better.

Doc said it only really gets worse for teenagers (I’m 22)

But don’t be worried about it getting worse. Just think about how bad it’s been for years and how much it’s made you suffer or anguish. Surely you can suffer through 1 bad week to never have the anguish again.

Pharmacy is the last implicate stand for white identity

You can’t get a vitamin a dose anywhere near high enough (I tried)

>I'm not taking accutane
lol enjoy ur acne then. it's not just a treatment but a fucking cure. and u can get it online for cheap as shit from roid companies

Holy shit you should only come out on Halloween so you can hide that shit with a mask

Attached: 51985322-CB3A-4774-9FC0-CADF3F09372E.png (281x355, 55K)

I use azelaic acid 20%. My beard still grows, my hair isn't bleached and I don't have the feeling my test is lower but only a doc would know that.

Down the whole fucking pill bottle then user. What the fuck?

Question, does Ketoconazole lower DHT systemically too or just in the area applied?

Fix your gross fucking pizza face before you worry about your beard hairs changing color.
It probably wouldn't reduce your test more than anything that contains onions lecithin

Try colloidal copper, it worked for me. It's kind of expensive and it's hard to tell of your getting the real thing sometimes, but it's pretty cheap and easy to make it yourself.

My acne went away as soon as i got a towel that i use for my face and only my face. Nothing else helped

Great advice. Hey bro, I see you're a 4 foot 10 inch manlet, have you tried drinking some milk or stretching a little?

>colloidal copper

You mean silver right?

Ketoconazole significantly lowers testosterone synthesis which then lowers DHT. Taken orally doses are typically 200mg - 600mg to achieve testosterone suppression.

Applied topically in low doses of a 2% solution of ketoconazole in the form of shampoo, the amount of active drug that is absorbed systemically through the skin, bypassing target skin tissue and entering circulation would have negligible effects on testosterone and DHT synthesis.

If you slathered your entire body in nizoral shampoo it would probably negatively effect testosterone and DHT levels due to a higher dose being absorbed systemically.

you know acne is caused my multitudes of factors, carbs, sugars, diet overall. using and overusing highly allergic shampoos and body washes that are mostly chemicals cause irritiations of the skin.

Lemme tell you about my experience with accutane my nigga. But have 2 things in mind: I don’t regret taking it, and I’m a rare case
I took 40mg for 2 months, had no effect. 60 for 3, I stopped breaking out a little bit. 80 for 6 months, still took a really long time for me to stop breaking out completely (I was 200-230lbs during these 11 months, was bulking. That’s why I took such a high dose. But the worst thingg of it all is that I have red marks where I had pimples. The bitch dermatologist said they would go away in 1-2 months when I stopped taking it, but it’s been almost 2 weeks and they’re still there, unchanged (pic related). She said I’m a non-responder, it took me forever to respond to the treatment and my skin still looks pretty bad, but way better than before. In terms of side effects, I had relly bad lower back pain, dry skin, dry lips. I had pretty bad depression and suicidal thoughts, but I don’t know if that was the accutane (I’ve struggled with mental helath for a while). Also, just like you, my diet was completely clean, so it’s probably hormonal for the both of us. Also don’t listen to these faggots telling you to do all this dumb shit, it’s very unlikely it will work. I did everything and nothing worked. You have to choose between having better skin and maybe going through hell, or staying with gross skin. I’d say it’s worth it

Shut up faggot you don’t know what you’re talking about

Do you have red spots where you had pimples?

Do you have red spots where you had pimples? If you did, did they go away?

Attached: 196AFAF0-6E7A-434D-B9F8-35CF865E8A9B.jpg (1550x2046, 564K)

This
Or hell even water fasting will help

>Splashes water on face
>Calls it washed
>Wonders why he has acne

You sound just like my dumb, lazy ass 16 year old brother, who barely takes care of himself and then wonders why his acne only gets worse.

I had bad acne as a teenager, and I fucking busted my ass trying EVERYTHING until I finally found the right products. Why did you even waste your time going to a dermatologist if you don’t want to try products? Jesus.

It took me two years, but I finally found a prescription topical that significantly reduced my acne. You will need to try many yourself until one clicks. Everyone’s skin is different.

Stop worrying about your worthless beard, most likely you can’t grow a good one for shit yet anyways. You won’t care about your wispy 18 year old beard when you’re 30 and have horrible pock marks.

I stopped using prescription products as I got older and my skin calmed down on its own. Then I switched to a full regime of products to smooth out the texture of my skin and eliminate dark spots. Now I have lovely skin, and you’d never know I used to have terrible acne. I apply a tea tree toner + retinoid serum + salicylic acid oil + vitamin C suspension + high quality facial moisturizer every night before bed. I wash my face with a proper facial cleanser. Not fucking water.

Also, make sure to nourish your skin. Take care of it. Most people’s faces over-produce oil to compensate for something. If you skin is getting stripped of important moisturize, it will overcompensate. If you aren’t cleaning and lightly exfoliating your face properly, your pores will get clogged with oils
and dead skin cells.

Good luck.

Eat low carb (if you do eat carbs avoid simple carbs)
Eat lots of meat
Exercise frequently
Drink water
Take zinc and magnesium
Eat 2-3 Brazil nuts everyday for the selenium
Get enough sleep
Drink Green Tea
Drink Ceylon cinnamon tea after carb heavy meals
Don’t wash your face with anything but cold water (all the cleansers gotta go)

And most importantly FAST!

Your acne can be caused by a variety of different reasons, the above plan should help alleviate a lot of the acne but the fasting is critical as it will rebalance your hormones and the autophagy will clear the acne. If you don’t believe me try it, fast for 48-72 hours snake juice and you face will never be clearer.

Taking accutane is just prolonging the problem whilst leaving you vulnerable to a host of side effects. I took 3 courses of full strength accutane and every time it came back 6 months later. The above plan is not only a good plan for healthy lifestyle in general but it’s the main thing that eliminated almost all of my acne. I still get the occasional pimple if I eat like shit and party too hard, but I fast the next day and it clears up

I don't think anything other than accutane will help me. Maybe antibiotics, but for most people the acne will come back (sometimes worse) after stopping antibiotics, and I obviously can't take them long term. The derm prescribed me minocycline, which I'm not gonna take because the reviews on the internet are either saying that it's fantastic or that I'll end up in the hospital with itchy hives, swollen limbs and such. 50/50 chance and I'm not risking it. Accutane (low dose (at first)) seems much more reasonable. I'm gonna try what the other user says and start at 20 mg.

Yep, good choice. Good luck my nigger. I hope it works well for you

I hope so too. Acne is a disgusting condition. It makes you look disgusting and just creeps up on you as a teen out of nowhere for no reason at all and depending on how severe it is, it may or may not literally ruin your life.