Running outside at a UV level above zero

>Running outside at a UV level above zero
>Not wearing sunscreen at all times
Yikees!

Attached: greekyikes-5a76945dd3427.jpeg.jpg (1337x1716, 103K)

>sunscreen
>ever
that shit seems toxic. Just wear long sleeves and pants

beta

I never leave home without it, user

Attached: 20190709_152456_.jpg (634x864, 206K)

>tfw not white so don’t need sunscreen

Attached: 6A8DFF81-2074-4B3D-A5FF-6927FCBD37ED.jpg (467x467, 22K)

GGX Gang

sun damage still occurs regardless of your skin color

>tfw vitiligo
The white parts get sunburnt even with spf 50, and my job for the summer involves me being outside for hours at a time.

Attached: 20190709_213406.jpg (1960x2587, 1.92M)

yea but I only really need it when going to the beach or if I’m gonna be outside all day

I get burnt worse when I put on sunscreen so fuck it I'll take being burnt for a bit
t. exFloridaFag

>I am becoming whiter

no, you need it all the time unless you want your skin to age prematurely. protecting your skin from the sun is not just about preventing "burns", skin damage occurs whether you can see it (a burn) or not. the DNA damage that occurs can also lead to skin cancers, and yes, even turbo-nigger Nigerians with jet-black skin can develop skin cancers from UV exposure.

Attached: 1544559772291.jpg (569x599, 31K)

>get sunburnt even with spf 50
that's probably because you're either:
a) not applying the AAD's recommended amount of sunscreen (which is 2mg per cm^2 of skin, the SPF value isn't a magic bullet that simply materializes once you dab any little bit of sunscreen on your skin, you have to actually approach that SPF value by adding the appropriate amount of product to your skin)

or,

b) not re-applying it as often as you should be (at least as frequent as every 60-90 minutes)

and once again, for all those in the back row, repeat after me:

TWO MILLIGRAMS OF SUNSCREEN PER SQUARE CENTIMETER OF SKIN

Every 60-90 minutes? Fuck me.
The feeling of sunscreen on your skin fucking sucks man.

>The feeling of sunscreen on your skin fucking sucks man.
there are lightweight sunscreens made specifically for this purpose. you're probably used to using those rich, oily "beach" sunscreens. those do indeed feel disgusting and are to be avoided for every-day use. but there are plenty of sunscreens (such as ) that are formulated to be light and not greasy/oily. pic related is another one you could try that you could find pretty easily at any (american) drug store.

some pointers on the different types of sunscreens:

mineral sunscreens (zinc oxide or titanium dioxide, usually) often have a slight cast (white residue) associated with them, but if you're lightskinned/white that cast will fade for the most part as the sunscreen is absorbed.

chemical sunscreens (avobenzone, octisalate, octocryelene, oxybenzone, etc) usually have much less of a cast, but they can be a tad bit irritating and can sting around the eye area where the skin is really thin and sensitive. also, chemical sunscreens are unstable in sunlight so they start to degrade more quickly when you're out and about, so I would be VERY diligent about re-applying chemical sunscreens (although you should be diligent with mineral sunscreens too imo).

also, make sure no matter what that your sunscreen clearly states "BROAD SPECTRUM, UVA/UVB" on the bottle. you're going to want protection from *both* types of UV radiation, unless you want to look like you're 50 when you're 30.

Attached: CeraVe Sunscreen.png (166x435, 94K)

Also sun umbrella niggas

Attached: 04109-096-1000-1-coolibar-titanium-travel-umbrella-upf-50.jpg (772x1160, 26K)

suncreen is for retards!

Join the chamber of light if you are not a retard!
(vegans not aloowed, nor trannies, nor steroid users)

if you like nofap and other self improvement stuff. join the chamber of light. ( we also do dream walking and telepathy stuff, we also love god and jesus )

Frens join chamber of light if you like jesus!

invite code : NhDv3wX ( dizzcord )

Attached: christian.jpg (432x600, 186K)

Based

Look, good general info, but I'd still say sunscreen is a LAST RESORT for sun protection.

Most people DO NOT apply sunscreen thick enough or frequently enough to actually get the claimed SPF protection.

AND remember that "BROAD SPECTRUM" protection does not mean total or uniform protection across the UV spectrum. Different sunscreen ingredients provide less adequate coverage in different spectrum ranges and can be labeled as broad spectrum despite having lackluster protection.

TLDR; FIRST limit exposure to sun and BLOCK with shade/clothing/ physical barrier. Sunscreen is your LAST line of defense

Attached: o-BILL-MCELLIGOTT-SUN-DAMAGE-570.jpg (570x844, 150K)

I like having a tan though.

TriHard 7

>FIRST limit exposure to sun and BLOCK with shade/clothing/ physical barrier. Sunscreen is your LAST line of defense
yeah, this was being assumed/taken for granted by me, but I guess there's plenty of people here who don't realize this so perhaps I should have prefaced my sunscreen advice with a lecture on limiting exposure.

basically my sunscreen advice was always being given with the caveat in mind that someone is unable to limit their sun exposure (like the vitiligo guy who works in the sun during the summer). but yeah, it should almost go without saying that you should absolutely limit exposure as much as possible even if you're using sunscreen.

>going out into the sun is bad
>rub cancerous paste on yourself if you do
>literally evolved to be in the sun all day

the state of satanic retards, get your sunlight or die

never gonna make it

Skin cancer is very rare in Africans and for Africans living outside Africa sun deprivation from working in offices all day is a bigger issue

Expert sun scream bros is this sun cream legit? It's one that doesn't give me acne

Attached: 6811088_nocolor_0.jpg (1200x1443, 76K)

Everyone says I like better with a tan though. I'm milk white with black hair naturally. I look like a scandinavian death metal singer if I don't tan. Plus, it feels nice.

Sunburn is the real issue, just avoid staying out in the direct sun too long if you're not tanned and you'll be fine. Sunscreen wasn't invented until the 1930s because prior to that point most people spent enough time outside to develop a tan which protected them and weren't flying directly from cloudy climates to hot places and then sitting on a beach in direct sunlight all day

I have really pale sensitive skin and I know I should wear it every day, my dermatologist told me to, but I don't. A lot of older people with great skin say sunscreen was a big part of it too.

Can I get tan just being in the sun with sunscreen? Going to a tanning place? How can I get tan without getting skin cancer?

limit exposure to 5 minutes front and then 5 minutes back, make sure to go after 3/4pm at the start and work the tan in slowly

as you get darker youll be able to spend longer in the sun but no white person should be on a beach in cuba rubbing themselves in sun screen, it wont do shit for them

>literally evolved to be in the sun all day
the problem with cancers is that natural selection can't act very effectively on them because they don't develop until later in life. this means that you can't have really strong purifying selection against traits for example that increase cancer rates later in life because that individual's reproductive fitness isn't affected much by developing cancer in his 40s or 50s. in other words, if you procreate a whole bunch before you develop cancer and die in your 30s/40s, then natural selection can't effectively "weed out" your cancer-promoting genes/traits/whatever.

so yes, we evolved on a planet where sun exposure is a fact of life. but the idea that the sun "can't possibly be dangerous because of the fact that we evolved on this planet where sun exposure is a thing" is patently ridiculous and the most juvenile misunderstanding of how natural selection even works. it seems like no one has any idea how selection even works, or they have no appreciation for situations where selection is ineffective at purging traits that don't directly and severely impact fitness on a population level.

Pls bros, how do I analyse whether the ingredients are protective enough across all sunray types

or you know, if you've evolved to live in Scandinavia, dont expect to laying on a beach in Cuba all day with no reprecussions

being exposed to the sun at reasonable amounts will never lead to skin cancer, thats a lie pharma companies tell you so you buy sunscreen....just like how condom companies lie and tell you that there are meaningful amounts of sperm in precum lol

>being exposed to the sun at reasonable amounts will never lead to skin cancer
*any* amount of DNA damage can potentially lead to the development of cancers. the more DNA damage the higher the risk goes, so yes, people with significantly more exposure (and thus, DNA damage) are at a higher risk. but you could also be tremendously unlucky and get *just* the right mutation in *just* the right genomic region in *just* the right cell type and get absolutely fucked. you can't predict whether or not that will happen to you.

the statement you made can basically only be made by someone who knows next-to-nothing about DNA repair, mutations, and oncogenesis.

Tfw to autistic too get a response once again

yes, shit that literally doesn't matter because I can understand how a human would survive and thrive in its environment...if the enviornments that people live in would kill them simply because of the amount of sunlight then we wouldn't be here and it doesn't matter if cancers appear in your 40/50s because we literally come from people who spent their entire lives in the most insane heat and sun

>if the enviornments that people live in would kill them simply because of the amount of sunlight then we wouldn't be here
you should study this post I made, you might learn a thing or two about biology and evolution:
>it seems like no one has any idea how selection even works, or they have no appreciation for situations where selection is ineffective at purging traits that don't directly and severely impact fitness on a population level.

>to autistic
>too get

Attached: 1556728648301.jpg (525x767, 100K)

DNA damage occurs constantly, no matter what you're exposing or not exposing yourself to
Cancer is a gradual failure of the regulation mechanisms 99% of the time, or more rarely incredible amount of damage in a short period the body can't keep up with

here, I'll expand a bit:

from the standpoint of evolution, it doesn't matter whether we live to 50 or 60, it only matters that we procreate while we're able to (typically, when we're young). in other words, if the mutational load of constant DNA damage doesn't actually kill you or get you in trouble until you're 50, then from the standpoint of evolution there's no problem. again, purifying selection only works when you have an actual, pronounced reduction in fitness.

here's an example for you that might help you make sense of this:
we've currently identified a number of genes associated with a high risk for developing alzheimer's dementia. these genes significantly increasing your chance of developing a debilitating and horrible disease where you mind and body literally wastes away. so why aren't these genes being "weeded out" by natural selection?

maybe they are, you might say. there just hasn't been enough time yet. that's not necessarily a bad idea if that's the first thing that popped into your mind, but here's the real deal: selection has no means of acting on these genes because they don't affect reproductive fitness. alzheimer's develops in old age, far long after said person who carries the genes has already procreated. that guy who carries these genes has already had 10 children, and his children (some of whom will also carry that gene) will also have 10 children before they too succumb to alzheimer's. so here you have an example of a deleterious trait (gene linked to alzheimer's) not being "weeded out" efficiently by purifying selection because fitness isn't affected.

in other words, natural selection is not a perfect machine that eventually "gets rid of all the bad" and "keeps all the good". it is a chaotic, messy and lengthy process that is often susceptible to the eccentricities of life history and reproductive fitness. and it is not equally good at removing all deleterious bad traits. better with some, worse with others.

SUMMER

>DNA damage occurs constantly
yes, it does. but you can engage in behaviors that increase DNA damage (sun exposure, x-ray machines, etc), and you can engage in behaviors that lessen your exposure to DNA damage (limiting sun exposure, staying in the shade, using sunscreen, etc). so, I'm not sure what your angle here is, because this is what it sounds like to me:
>oh well, DNA damage will happen anyway no matter what I do, so it's time to take 5,000 x-rays for shits and giggles
what a weird fucking take. of course DNA damage is going to occur no matter what, but the point is to limit the damage as much as possible. if you keep rolling the dice with DNA damage, you might eventually hit the cancer jackpot. my whole point is to roll the dice as few times as possible. avoid rolling those dice wherever you can. and there are some easy ways to avoid rolling those dice, and that includes limiting sun exposure.