Do you have to eat at a caloric surplus to gain muscle...

Do you have to eat at a caloric surplus to gain muscle? Couldn't you eat at a caloric deficit but a protein surplus and lose fat while gaining muscle?

Attached: Meat.jpg (400x225, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5828430/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

U dumb bitch

We only absorb about 20grams of protein at a time, the rest is turned into piss.

If you just started you can eat at maintenance and gain muscle while losing fat but once you get too far either way you need the surplus calories.

This is more of a QTDNTTTTIOT or whatever.

Protein helps but you must certainly eat at caloric surplus to gain muscles. This is non negotiable

People who say you cant just arent disciplined enough to do it.

You dumb motherfucker

I'm concerned about this too. So I have some fat in my body I want to get rid of. Is building muscle out of the question until that fat is gone? Should I just stick to cardio and eat whatever the fuck as long as I'm in a caloric deficit? What is the most optimal way to get rid of that fat?
Sorry for being a newfag

Scientists don’t know for sure they’re always changing their minds about everything, and that fags that post here surely don’t know either. Give it a try, do what works for you and your body.

Yes you can build muscle on a deficit if the deficit isn't very low and you eat enough protein.

Eat clean. No sugar, not too much carbs. Lots of protein gain muscle dont go cutting. Cutting is for faggots and women who are retards. You want muscles to burn all that fat effectively raising your metabolism. If you are fat it only means you have no muscles to burn that fat and are sedetary which is fixed with lifting weights and eating.

Your "protein surplus" will just turn into energy to meet your energy expenditure

What the fuck is that acronym? I've been lurking for 2 days and I still don't know what it means.
Seriously what the fuck is that?

If you're just starting you can easily build muscle and lose fat at the same time

How do I eat clean at a caloric surplus without breaking the bank? Should I buy some protein powder or something?
Eating chicken, veggies and a carbohydrate I still have to eat like 5 times a day to meet my surplus which I don't even have time for, not to mention I am poor as fuck.

Is pasta OK when bulking?

>Cutting is for faggots
You're half right. It is easier to maintain muscle that you gain slowly after cutting down to optimal levels of fat. Cutting and bulking is for people who haven't done their research, and want their body to look like shit.

But piss is stored in the balls so wouldn't this raise your test

If you are poor any material will suffice. Thugs in prison get big on carbs.

Eat when you’re hungry and no other times, eat until you’re 80% full. Eat meats and veggies as much you can.

That’s literally all you need to lean gain. You’ll be hungrier the more you work out.

> Muscle protein synthesis is maximized in young adults with an intake of ~20–25 g of a high-quality protein; anything above this amount is believed to be oxidized for energy or transaminated to form urea and other organic acids
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5828430/

Questions that don’t deserve their own thread

Questions
That
Don't
Deserve
Their
Own
Thread
Thread

you're welcome my sweet sweet newfags

Tell me how I know you’re a fatty. If you’re lean before working out you have to overeat to even lean gain

Yeah I try to eat clean but what about calories? I'm currently eating on a 1000kcal deficit on average. Fat loss is slow tho cause I'm already at like 15%. Should I start eating on a surplus instead and focus on building muscle? I really wanna get to at least 12%.

I’m 6’0 and 165, weighed 155 two years ago. That’s lean gaining for you.

lmao at your citation tactics

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5828430/
What the fuck does this mean in terms of trying to get 120g of protein in a day to gain lean and lose my piggish fat?
I should just give up and make sure I get 60g, shouldn't I?
Eating nothing but eggs and lentils gets old although it's done wonders for my regularity.

Yeah. Rice is probably cheaper. A rice cooker is a good investment. Also chicken leg quarters are like $1/lb. Bulking need not be expensive.

If you don't eat enough your body is going to eat itself for calories. Bulking ensures it's not a problem though.

You could always just try it. Doctors/scientists clearly don't since they're all DYELs. Instead they sit, fucking around with tissue samples to try and prove that babies are allergic to breast milk or some stupid shit.

Carbs are the best bulking source. It's hard as fuck to gain weight with a low carb diet.

Low carb is the best way. You don't starve yourself and you don't constantly invoke an insulin response that stores excess glucose into fat. Somebody will tell you this is false but just try it.

I guess that guy just mistyped the acronym? Anyways, thanks for helping this shithead out,