When to move up in weight on deadlift?

When to move up in weight on deadlift?

I've been doing 225lbs for over two weeks now and it hasn't been getting easier. Should I move up in weight anyways?

Attached: how_to_deadlift_side_view.jpg (620x347, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WXQaEq4_2lY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What does your program tell you? You ARE on a program... right?

Yo bros why does deadlifting make me want to fuck chubby chicks instantly after? Serious question people won’t answer in other threads.

I made a routine and just asked my cousin who is a bodybuilder if it was a good one, so no I guess

This

Make sure your quads are contributing to the lift and that you pull yourself in before initiating the lift. Also make sure your ass is so tight that I you would be able to hold a pencil between your butt cheeks.

225 will be easy when 315 is hard

Because it stimulates the motion of lifting their fat fold and thrusting your cock into whatever hole it can find

Throw that routine away and do phreaks greyskull

If your grip strength is the limitation here, its because deadlift doesn't give enoigh volume to train forearms. Train yhem separately and learn to either hook grip or use straps.

Deadlift is just one of those lift where you just add more weight. 2 plate didlies still feel heavy when I lift it but I still smack around 3+ for reps. Don't over think just do

thanks rip, [spoiler]shit's true thought[/spoiler]

not this shit again

Dude, how do you expect the lift to get easier if you keep lifting the same weight and not getting stronger? Your muscles get stronger by adapting to harder stimulus

He's right though, you wont make gains on a specific lift without proper programming once you initially stall.

If you teach the dyels to lift they will be on my platform all fucking day. Let them stay ignorant user

just a small increment of weight each time
don't rush things there's no point
real gains take years you can't shortcut it

you're doing them wrong. the correct form is to completely disregard them and do incline bench instead

when I DL i end up pulling the weight right under my dick and my dick hangs over the bar. what do

I was stalling on DL until I realized I was pulling way too slow. I'm not saying to rip it up so fast that your form turns to shit, but (from a complete, dead stop for each rep) speed it up a little bit to pull through the sticking point. It's worth a shot at least.

Simple, lift heavier than 225 next time.
For example
>Hmm, that 295 squat for 5 sets of 5 felt like I could do a little more...
>Do 315 5x5 next time

If your program is THAT strict, maybe you should find a different program. Use the RPE system for determining what you should do.
youtu.be/WXQaEq4_2lY

Deadlifting isn't just muscle based. It takes time for your tendons to build up enough strength to go heavy. Particularly if you are just doing double overhand.

>proper programming
>phreaks greyskull
choose 1

Find a beginners program, an actual program that tells you how to progress, and do it instead. You can do greyskull, I personally had good luck with Phrak's variant of it. You can do Starting Strength, just take the diet advice with a grain of salt and move off it when you start slowing. You can even do Stronglifts or something.

This is gonna sound dumb, but you gotta progress to progress. You're not going to get much stronger doing 3x5x225 deadlift forever. Just start increasing the weight, day after day, so long as your form doesn't get too bad.

Same. I pyramid and every time I do 2 plates I think "This is heavy!" Then I do 275 and think the same. Then 315, etc.

>Particularly if you are just doing double overhand
What did he mean by this?

don't bother
the risk/reward for deadlifting is atrocious
and deadlift really only helps you deadlift more
do power or hang cleans

Shut the fuck up.

Attached: C8F0BBFF-C993-4A65-82C7-9CCE9441F5B8.png (739x662, 286K)