The preachy, dark-haired bitch claimed stretching before workouts increases risk of injury, and lower performance...

The preachy, dark-haired bitch claimed stretching before workouts increases risk of injury, and lower performance. She cited research done by the "University of Zagreb in Croatia."
Is it true? I want to make flexibility gains too, but not at risk of injury

Attached: dumbbell-nan-kilo-moteru.jpg (640x394, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLQefKzMVjo
shapeamerica.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02701367.1998.10607716?journalCode=urqe20#.XSc7yNkXZ-E
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3273886/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30688865
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3975999/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

are you seriously letting an autistic child's anime give you workout advice

youtube.com/watch?v=nLQefKzMVjo

Jeff agrees with it

Just do a dynamic warmup save your static stuff for flexibility on your off days

Yes. Dynamic stretches before, static stretches after. Why did you put the University of Zagreb in quotations

It's true. Every time I stretched before lifting, it made me slightly weaker than when I didn't.

Yes
Warming up with weight a percentage of your work weight is superior.

Static stretching relaxes muscles, reducing strength and explosive power for a little while. Dynamic stretching before exercise is more recommended.

shapeamerica.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02701367.1998.10607716?journalCode=urqe20#.XSc7yNkXZ-E

Yes, in school and sports we did dynamic stretching before whatever we were going to do that day, lifting, floor hockey, wrestling, football drills, etc.

So far it was mostly good advice, maybe erring on the bro-science not properly interpreting / exagerating things, but the principles are true.
And the part about stretching is true.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3273886/
This article recommends dynamic stretching when warming up to avoid performance decrease for instance.

It's true.
Just because some animu with xute grills says something, doesn't make it false.
Avoid static stretches right before exercise. Dynamic stretches are fine, though.

Dynamic stretching before, static after. Learn to stretch brother

cause that's verbatim what the subtitles said

STATIC STRETCHING is potentially counter-productive, and even then only in certain forms.

Kill yourself

Kill yourself

Kill yourself

Back to r*ddit faggots.

>cockCROATchs
Into the trash it goes

i legitimately didn't know any of this. ive been following a consistent static stretching routine for years now, and most of people in the gym i see are doing the same. thanks

Amazing numbers user

wasted digits

Kill yourself queer

So you're going to come to Jow Forums for "real" advice, instead? Okay, my friend, allow me to elucidate and give you some more specific language about said machojou's advice:

STATIC stretching, user
>STATIC stretching (physically elongated muscle groups, tendons, etc. by force) BEFORE strenuous exercise is BAD for you. It will increase RISK of damage to tendons, joints and muscles.
>AFTER exercise, however, it is a good thing. But that is not the point of this episode, which is strictly about what to do BEFORE they go swimming. BEFORE they exercise, not after.
>STATIC stretching BEFORE serious exercise increases your CHANCE of serious injury.
>STATIC stretching BEFORE "explosive" activity (like jumping or sprinting or powerlifting/olympic lifting/hypertophy lifting) is also WORTHLESS because it has measurable effect on LOWERING the amount of force you can exert. It's marginal (~3%), but still measurable.

DON'T STATIC STRETCH BEFORE EXERCISE

>DYNAMIC stretching, however, is 100% recommended BEFORE exercise.
>It "warms-up" the muscle group by increasing blood flow, places natural stress on the joint, doesn't exaggerate flexion or motion range, elevates your heart-rate to prepared levels and otherwise lets your body know it's about to engage in activity.
That is the point of the advice. Professionals agree with her, studies agree with her, it's something professionals have known for decades and decades and decades.

Is that more clear?

Attached: Dynamic Stretches Part 1.webm (960x540, 1.59M)

HOW CAN THERE BE RETARDS OF THE LEVEL OF OP!?

Attached: göögle.jpg (789x940, 208K)

pls dont be mean. we all are frend, frend do not talk bad too each other desu

I hope all your family die in a car crash for real

you're retarded lul

such negativity user, its bad for your health. calm down and take a deep breath my friend.

Have sex

That is true. But this is complete bullshit.

Attached: 1562824154413.jpg (2560x4318, 1.31M)

user..

Can't you livestream yourself deadlift with bad form

but she's correct.
must be sad that an anime is more educated than you on basic fitness

The advice given in this episode was really good, especially the part where they stated no one will ever be as big as Macchio. The only part I disagree with was the 30 minute anabolic window bullshit. Otherwise, pretty based show.

lmao i actually agree with this
newbies are going to egolift

Have Church.

What a waste of digits. Shameful dispray.

Attached: 1560018230059.jpg (480x360, 73K)

Tbh mate, I didn't even know Dynamic stretches were a thing.

this is true, desu. I injured myself due to ego lifting and bad form. Had to take a month off lifting, started back up with lower weights and better form but it still makes my lower back hurt a few days after when I do heavy weights.

There is some broscience like the "anabolic window" of taking protons 30 mins after working out, or the PT dude saying the he could bench lmao!2pl8 the first time he hit the gym which is fucking bullshit.

other than that it's as much as spot on an animu can be. Also, it's fun to watch and there's a very explicit fat-shaming vibe which is refreshing to watch. Imagine this thing released by (((western))) media, the fatty would be encouraged to keep on eating whatever and be so brave so inspiring. Also, at least one of the two main characters would be black, as would the trainer, who would end up banging the white chick, of course.
many such cases.

Attached: aee8168ec2c71a8cd20f49ca69038694324a8d51e868d053b9b7e79bca0cfa85.gif (300x100, 100K)

Why are people watching such shit ?
Don't you respect yourself? How can you respect yourself after feeding yourself with the most stupid of the most stupid ?

All that text and all I saw was bouncy tits

Go tell your grandma, who's never been to the gym, to load up her Deadlift at her current estimated max and lift it off the ground.

I'm sure she'll be fine.

>crvati
>ljudi
ISTRIA, FIUME, E DALMAZIA

That's fine, attractive girls draw attention.

Attached: Dynamic Stretches Part 2.webm (960x540, 1.41M)

I have a green eye fetish. Actually that girl's design hits almost every fetish of mine, only if her hair was short

Because if it not in a western country, its considered shit.

that's quite common knowledge at this point , although the lowering of performance occurs only if you static stretch for 30 seconds +

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30688865
there's even 1 research showing some minor improvements with inter set short stretching

Literally every 2 days some user posts that he fucked his back deadlifting for the first time.

stretch.... after?

Good idea.

> minor improvements with inter set short stretching
So basically dynamic stretching

aj crvatko prestani gledat kineske crtice i radi nes produktivno nemas 12 godina

Seething digits

Just stretch separately to lifitng. Stretch in the morning when you first wake up and just before you got to sleep.

hvala kuna :-DDDDD

ANIME BAD

MY FAVORITE YOUTUBER GOOD

I want to FUCK the fat girl

how the hell could you not know that

warming up =/= stretching

that's not dynamic stretching
dynamic is actually moving your shit

i stretch before and after

i just... didn't know, dude?

Attached: 1559694549451.jpg (512x299, 36K)

Says the one reddit spacing

Not an argument

>croatia
>not western
amerimutt detected

This. Doing the movements themselves with lighter weights is better.

>southern europe
>western

>some random chink tittie cartoon has better Jow Forums advice than 99% of media including e-celeb Youtube channels

Apologize

Everyone should just get their advice from Scooby. He made a video about how to warm up properly (and not stretch) back in 2008.

he puts his penis in poopholes

Nah he's a big ole bottom

she looks exactly like every other hime archetype character, they all have that haircut btw.

>30 minute anabolic window bullshit
>He doesn't know the implication
No wonder, you will never reach the Macchio level.

what the fuck is wrong with you guys, why would you ever believe these japanese twinks animating this faggot stuff. just stop being a tard op.

so why dont you go to the gym tomorow and deadlift with terrible form,post the results on Jow Forums and we'll see whats more bullshit this or your spine

Well who would know better what makes a man's body aesthetic and how to achieve it than a gay bodybuilder? Seems to me like that's exactly the sort of person you want advice from.

Even worse. He lets other men put their penises into his poophole.

my town

Attached: image_548_v3.jpg (1600x650, 538K)

May western decadence never touch this jewel

average seaside town in croatia, not even that special
only that marco polo comes from here

based

cringe

Wtf I love anime now

Stay off /a/ Jow Forumsfags
This is your only warning

Attached: 1492361661848.jpg (600x825, 132K)

My man

Formerly feed

>implying i post on /a/ - normalfag anime central
kek

Attached: 1558107842601.png (784x1016, 218K)

anecdotal evidence here. one time i did a 15 minute static stretch routine before leg day, and my output was probably at 60%. I couldn't even finish my first work set.

>or the PT dude saying the he could bench lmao!2pl8 the first time he hit the gym which is fucking bullshit.
You know the point of that joke was that Machio was a fucking beast even before he started lifting, right? The man is a monster. I wouldn't be surprised if he literally had brawn for brains, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled down his bodybuilder speedo and behind it there's no dick, just another arm to flex with.

Attached: 1562170589038.png (311x513, 343K)

dynamic stretching pre workout
static stretching post workout

Attached: Volume 2 (5).png (847x1200, 341K)

This study is over 20 years old. Here's a more recent one (2014) which reaches similar conclusions:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3975999/

>A significant increase in flexibility and a significant decrease in muscle strength output were observed in the AID group after the intervention. [Conclusion] These results suggest that AID induces an increase in flexibility and a temporary decrease in muscle output strength.

came here to post this. holding intense static stretches for longer than 30 seconds will make you more prone to injury and can decrease power output. use a dynamic warmup and use static stretches after or before bed

how does it feel to be wrong on quints and also use breddit spacing to say back to breddit lmao

I only go there for the OPT threads and Key VN general threads.
The rest of it is has gone downhill.

the last time I went to /a/ was when code gayass was airing

I feel like I left at the right time

>mfw redditors can't handle the quints of truth

Attached: 1562399248906.gif (360x400, 246K)