I've neglected my abs for too long now

I've neglected my abs for too long now.
Could you guys recommend any ab exercise other than planks?

Attached: download (2).jpg (274x184, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dJlFmxiL11s
bodybuilding.com/exercises/standing-cable-wood-chop
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump, I want to know too, have never worked in core isolation exercises

do like 6 sets

Attached: gmabs.jpg (930x1316, 185K)

Ab wheel

squats press deadlift

I do them

Raise your legs and kick them x 60
Raised leg circles, both directions x 40
Crunches x 100

So incline crunches but make sure you're using your abs and not your hip flexors. It's really hard to do them correctly with your abs if you've neglected them.

if compounds train your core, wouldn't constant ab exercising make your core never being able to recover?

Compounds don't train core

Incline sit-ups
Leg-lifts

If i cant do a sit up is my core weak?

L-sits and handstands

planks are kind of weak but that girl has a tight ass

Bicycle kicks. Bicycle kicks. More bicycle kicks. Right elbow to left knee. Left elbow to right knee. Do them until you get a six pack or until you die.

Im suspicious of anything that only involves bodyweight, also i don't have time to move stupid vor 20 minutes in the morning

Based

Weighted cable crunched
Leg raises, do these hanging from a bar for 4arm gains
Ab roller, add weight on your back if it's too easy

>Im suspicious of anything that only involves bodyweight
never gonna make it. just do L-sits between two chairs as you wait for dinner to finish cooking. aim for 60 seconds of total work, i.e., 6x 10-second holds

>crunches
>Russian twists
>scissor kicks
That ought to be all you really need.

youtube.com/watch?v=dJlFmxiL11s

this, don't fall for the memes

bodybuilding.com/exercises/standing-cable-wood-chop

Palloff Press
Cable Chops
Leg/Knee Raise in a captain’s chair
Slowly tap shoulders while planking
Bring elbows to opposite knee while planking

>Compounds do norhing

Compounds are fantastic for core when supplemented with direct work.
Some compounds are better than others for it, front squats are incredible.

Attached: DA37592E-C19E-47D6-AD1D-53D50D170331.png (241x209, 42K)

Squat, Deadlift, OHP

but stronglifts 5by5 dude says it does!

>Some compounds are better than others for it, front squats are incredible.
yea as long as they're low weight/high volume they're are great for core.

What’s important is that you train your core in different ways besides simply flexing your spine.

Your core is responsible for preventing lateral movement and rotation for example, many people neglect training that function.

Avoid fast reps when flexing or extending your spine. Crunches and sit ups are suboptimal due to the stress on spinal vertebrae during flexion.

Slow inverted situps can be done with less flexion if you want to solely hit the rectus abdominus.

Attached: 96B9BEED-C44E-4FDF-BCF5-A2215F33A889.jpg (1024x1448, 133K)

Your core is responsible for all stabilization. A variety of weight and volume is beneficial user.

Attached: 81BAD811-BB65-4D67-BEE6-74325F9B0FAC.jpg (722x854, 72K)

What do you guys think your core does?
Stop associating 6 pack abs with anything but diet.
Strong cores are developed through indirect compound training and direct isolation.
The visible result is 90% diet and genetics.

Attached: 763E9671-029B-4C71-A136-F3C805D2B55A.gif (840x488, 511K)

i dare anyone who 'trains' their core with deadlifts to do a two minute plank

Most people that aren’t obese can do 2 minute planks user.
Stabilizing a large weight with your core is beneficial to its development.

I would love to be proven otherwise.

Attached: BE39E283-D9D8-4522-B94F-A2513B71A22B.png (640x1136, 996K)

Not even shilling or joking, go to the app store and download this. It's what I used at the end of every workout. You can pick your level and intensity. I just pick the toughest routine (it's a month long progression), it takes about 20-25 minutes for the whole routine, but it cycles through a little bit of everything. Abs are just sort of tedious regardless, so I like to use these apps to help me keep track and switch things up. This is the one I've stuck with the longest.

Attached: 20190711_155258.jpg (1440x449, 121K)

Bump

Attached: F0165584-84C6-457A-B773-50B54186CFB3.png (640x1136, 992K)

I reccomend caffiene + l theanine GABA uptake Bromantane 50mg 5 times a week modafinil, fish oil

>Most people that aren’t obese can do 2 minute planks
they absolutely cannot. even 1 min is extremely generous. if you really think that, you're suffering from massive selection bias, fren

A vast majority of people that regularly deadlift can hit 2 minute planks.
It is not a high bar to reach.

hanging knee raises are godlike, and don't hurt your back like crunches and sit-ups potentially can

based and factual

don't fall for this. you need to isolate your abs at least a little, get them somewhat developed so that you can learn how to engage them for posture and also use them in the big lifts. it's the same shit as the rotator cuff and stabilizers that don't get sufficiently trained by the big three.
t. been injured for the past year because i followed retard advice on here

Dragon flags
Hanging knee/leg raises

Attached: 3B5A33C5-F2D1-47FE-BF2E-482FF3EE74E8.jpg (679x382, 81K)

Hanging leg raises are the GOAT. You really don't need anything else.

>most people that aren't obese
>most people who regularly deadlift
next stop
>most olympic medalists

Leg raises, hanging leg raises and planks mixed with discipline are more than enough. As someone said above crunches and sit ups will eventually fuck your spine specially if you do them with a shitty posture like most people do

but does it work?
I used to do those abs too user.

How many reps for hanging leg raises?

You guys are awesome, not op but I thank you guys for the advice. I really need to start hitting abs

For hypertrophy go for a progression that you can do between 6 to 14 reps of before failure. That for me is hanging straight leg raises. Remember, no momentum, and pause for a moment at the top.

Thanks. That's only 1 set?

I usually go for 3 sets of 6-14 reps, or until failure. You could go up to 5 sets, but once your reps start to level out you really aren't doing much except exhaust yourself.

go til failure, then do knee raises til failure, then do it two more times.

All that meme hanging from a bar shit you see online works.

Thanks. Can't wait to replace my boring-ass crunches. Whenever I do crunches it feels like my back is going to give more than when I do deadlifts.

Post body

Anyone else wonder how these guys bounced into the air from laying on their backs?

This, plus some side planks and mountain climbers or burpees

Relevant because this guy
Implied Deadlifters couldn’t do it.

My point is that 2 minute planks is so laughably low standard that it shouldn’t be seen as a bar for measure core strength.

I stand by saying most people can do it.
You can cope and say
>What about 50yo moms and 80yo men
When you know in fact that your average non-obese Joe is the subject here.

The fact you regard a plank of all things as the ultimate test of core strength is honestly pathetic.

>The fact you regard a plank of all things as the ultimate test of core strength is honestly pathetic.
i don't. i just don't think that a literal average joe can hold it for 2 mins. I don't belive that an average joe reads a book a week, but that doesn't mean i think reading a book a week is a spectacular achievement

Hehe just downloaded the app, user. I'll make a thread with before/ after if it's significant. :D

Don't be dumb, shit is hard as fuck if you don't have the muscles. I defy you to complete that set right now

Average Joe can't plank for 40 seconds imo. I've been that guy, 1 minute was an accomplishment for me

Athlean X has some good ab workouts

Do you do these exercises everyday?

I always kek at starfish crunch

This. Based Jeff just made a new video on it last week or so. I did some of the beginner routine today

>you need abs for ab exercise

Fucking fuck that fucking starfish crunch. Always used as a finisher. Absolutely bodies me on its own, let alone after five minutes of constant work. Great exercise.

>Im suspicious of anything that only involves bodyweight
This is your brain on Jow Forums

Attached: 1494092339013.jpg (641x530, 25K)

Leg raises
Pallof presses
Side bends

yes

This
No other exercise has worked my abs more than dragon flags

Bump

Attached: 04C68E9D-38AB-4347-9F5C-4E1ECF98FE3F.gif (636x515, 241K)

Hanging or Roman chair leg raises, start by just raising your knees, then work up to straightening your legs out. Also, it may sound dumb, but doing kneeling crunches with a downward oriented cable is really great for your abs too.

L-sits or hanging legs raises

Based

These are all based. Anything for Adonis' belt though?

Someone suggests this in every thread, but what sense does it make to do so when the OP is almost invariably asking for something to isolate their abs presumably for the first time?
It's like telling someone looking to exercise their pecs more
"Yeah bro nothing engages your chest harder than one armed push-ups"
It might be true but what the fuck is a beginner lifter going to do with that since the exercise is literally impossible at that level?

Stop using dragon flags as the default response to "How do I abs guise", if you can even do dragon flags you don't need abs isolation to begin with already.

Attached: 1297944796329.png (1032x1023, 135K)

Watch The Fucking Anime.

>try doing a ground L-sit for 15 sec then talk bloaty