Are the benches at my gym too short?

I can't do leg drive on the bench press because I can't set up properly. I tried awkwardly forcing my feet to stay sideways but I end up looking like a retard. I think it's because the bench is too short. I lift at a commercial gym

pic related, it's the bench my gym has for the bench press

>tfw my gym is a benchlet

Attached: oly_bench-408_grande.jpg (380x416, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bmjr4Q6je8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do you not know what leg drive is

This is the best I can do to illustrate my point, I can't be too tall because I'm 6'0

Attached: 20190711_203536.jpg (1035x701, 75K)

are you like a size 30 US

Yes but I just can't use the explosiveness when my legs are the way they do, my hips and butt end up leaving the bench and it doesn't transfer any power to the bar. I have tried a closer grip a wider grip and this always happens

checked
wider base? your butt needs to be on the bench which is all that matters

Just place your legs wider

What about my heels not touching the floor? Do you know how to properly do the leg drive?

I'm sorry for the hassle but could you take a picture of yourself doing it? I need to see for myself

youtube.com/watch?v=Bmjr4Q6je8I

I don't trust Alan Aragon

stay dyel

you need a small arch to not wreck your shoulders but you don't need leg drive. leg drive, extreme arch, and other powerlifter tricks are ways for them to cheat the rep and minimize ROM. if you just want to build muscle you don't need all those tricks

leg drive is essential when ur bench is heavy stupid dyel

dumb dyel who has no clue what he's talking about
Leg drive is to help push the bar up and back, because the bar path when benching is not a straight vertical line, as well as to keep everything tight.
Arch can be used to minimize rom, as is the reason some people take a very wide grip, but the main purpose of arching is to put your shoulders in a safer and more anatomically favorable pressing position.

Whats with the surge of reddit bullshit? Is that how you justify being a weak piece of shit?

Attached: yeezy.png (900x900, 681K)

I wonder if it's all different people, or the same retard as whoever made the threads claiming using a belt is cheating.

It's not optimal for produce max poundage lifts in a powerlifting competition.
It's plenty fine for training. Unless you're currently in a meet prep, quit being so fucking fussy.

>reddit

yes commercial gym benches are often narrower and closer to the ground than competition benches

>Anyone who disagrees with me is from reddit
k

whats the point of lifting bigger if you're just using tricks to make it easier?

telling someone to use improper form because you're an insecure lanklet makes you a basedboy cuck

What's the point of purposefully cucking your lifts rather than just doing them in the most efficient and optimal way and progressing by using more weight?

I always wondered if it was normal to engage my legs while benching. now i know

Try getting a wider stance with your feet, How big of a arch do you have? Try to not focus on your arch and focus more on activating leg drive, so you get that extra boost. Leg drive doesnt necessarily mean that you activate more muscle and that it impacts the weight you lift but some studies show that subjects find the lift to be more easier, probably due to the extra boost you get from pushing your legs onto the ground.

bench is a chest exercise

spoken like a true DYEL