/fat/ - Weigh In Day Edition

For glutinous goys who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>Why hasn't my weight gone down for 3+ days?
If you're on a deficit, water weight. Plateaus can last up to 3 weeks.
>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.
>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already but it covers the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, fancy starbucks shit. forget it
>be a retard

Previous:

Attached: 1558571752917.jpg (241x248, 41K)

Confess

Attached: 4rfvrevrv.png (1229x1160, 58K)

ate one of these 5 minutes ago
bloody good it wer, corrr

Attached: download.jpg (285x177, 19K)

Had to work late so I ended up ordering Chinese instead of cooking. I had to guess at the calories based on stuff from myfitnesspal. It said I was only 90 over but I can't shake the feeling I must be underestimating.

I had a pickle spear, little lettuce with baby carrots and some fat free Italian dressing today.

that's pretty much bang in the middle, but I don't feel anywhere close to finished yet

Attached: Untitled.png (608x301, 11K)

It's my birthday, i had pizza for dinner and ate 2 nobake cookies my mom made for me.

Attached: 1562188062972.jpg (863x1093, 99K)

>back fat roll gone
+2 motivation

Attached: 1498564882917.png (1001x823, 806K)

Ate a fuck ton yesterday because I hung out with a friends I hadn't seen in ages. Easily like +4000 calories throughout the entire day. Gained like 8 bloat lbs that night.

Do you guys like before and after picks?

yeah

Protein shake for breakfast and dinner, meat fruit and nuts for lunch

so far its working pretty well, gaining some strength and weight is decreasing

down almost 10lbs in little over a month. This shit is pretty easy when you cut back on the drinking. 32lbs left to 160.

It was probably wrong.
But in the future ask for the steamed option and have them do the sauce on the side. Only order white rice or brown rice - no fried rice! Don't sabotage yourself by deciding to get something complex you can't measure. You can always get simpler orders that are healthier too.

Did anybody else have hair thinning from keto? if they did, how long did it take to grow back?

It never comes back, keto permanently kills your hair folicles

Kinda wish I took them myself. I hung out with a good friend I hadn't seen in months and he said I lost a ton of weight. The only real visuals of weight loss Ive noticed is dropping way down in pant size. Think I'm like a 36 now.

bringing the grand total to?

I've seen people say it grows back in around a 6 months to a year

just ketocope

My back hurts a bit when I sit how I used too ever since I lost a shit ton of weight. Is this normal

Yeah, I based it on the blue check mark options for Panda Express. I did at least get white rice as they didn't have brown and got a hibatchi dish instead of fried, no white sauce but they cook it in the hibatchi sauce stuff.

Can I get Jow Forums from home? I can't reliably make it to a gym 3 times a week

here is mine. Keep in mind I didnt start losing weight until Jan 1st 2019, and I for sure gained in december, too embarrased to weight myself or take a picture.

Yeah I wish I took them, but desu it wasnt that long ago for me and I vivedly remember hating myself and just simply being too embarassed.

Attached: progress me.jpg (1780x928, 334K)

just realized I put July 19, I meant today's date, the 11th.

calisthenics works

Attached: D9JLLRLUEAA5XsF.jpg (1536x2048, 261K)

>ride bike to the end of a trail in a nearby neighborhood
>there's a tree farm up a hill that has a constant stream of water leaking down and across the path
>a Cottonmouth snake slithers up the stream across the path just as I'm arriving

Attached: 1403738067983.jpg (428x448, 38K)

looking good bruv, what's your height?

6'1 about

Not enough protein, too many cookies

Attached: Image 086.png (680x158, 36K)

i swear sleeping on my side with my fat fuckin thighs has stretched my nutsack somehow

This
Weight has been melting by staying alcohol-free Mon-Thurs. Just gotta make sure not to blow the progress over the weekend by getting too crazy.

I was going to do some meme circuit exercise routine I found online but I don't know if it'll be any good

START LIFTING

is there any point in having a target weight?
I'll never be satisfied anyway

I ate half a pecan pie last night. ~2000 calories.

I ate way too much sodium today and gained 4 points despite eating at a deficit
Really hope i can drop this water weight before the fatty contest weigh in saturday

But that’s Saturday

>lose 25 lbs
>fat around my junk is going away
>feels like my dick is bigger
>still have tons to go
noice

I like your after hoodie pic

Apparently you gain like an inch every 30-50 pounds

God damn of all the pies to binge on and you choose pecan? It’d be cherry for me

Eat my chode

Attached: ED615271-401D-451A-9B62-25AA49FD4406.jpg (1500x778, 75K)

Long day at work and I was fucking STARVING and tired when I got home. Ordered 10 hot wings and cajun fries. Ate all the hot wings and half the bag of fries

Attached: IMG_20190525_193030.jpg (480x381, 31K)

day 4 of going to bed early
tonight I'm gonna try going natty and sleep without nyquil

START LIFTING

I don't get this pic

I’m 26 years old, autistic and 307lb. I want to change this around before it is too late. My main problem is food, certain foods I am either allergic to or my idiotic brain does not like the texture/taste and forces me to puke so I can’t even force food down me. Another thing that adds to eating more food is stress and anxiety, I’ve had a rough life so even thinking about things like death and that triggers that fight or flight feeling, it’s distressing.

I don’t know what to do Jow Forums, my brain only likes eating shitty take-aways and I’m tired of it, I want to be healthy both mind and body and slim.

How do I stay thirsty for improvement? I get into this mood every once in a while where I have insane ambition, but it starts to fall apart when I start lifting. If I'm not pushing myself, I feel like I'm accomplishing nothing. If I get over that line and really do push myself, I feel awful. It's like I'm constantly about to puke, my limbs feel much weaker, and I feel like I'm sick. I've tried to get into a mindset where I think "the awful feelings are signs that I am improving", but it doesn't work for me. I just want to avoid those feelings, so I half ass it until I quit again.
I used to maintain a strict diet that really worked for a bit too; 1000 calories a day, minimal carbs. I was losing about a pound a day and I loved it, but I eventually started having major sleep issues and couldn't sleep without getting really drunk, usually adding around 500 calories to my diet. After a while, I felt so shitty about breaking both my calorie goal that I relapsed and put 5 pounds back on. What do you guys do to stay motivated?

Alright i am just starting this shit... my tdee sits at 3062 according to the calculator in the sticky.

Today thought my car broke and i had to eat out. Ended up going to BK and had a double whoper, chicken crisp with bacon and medium sized onion rings. According to their website that adds to 1990 calories.

That's all i had all day and went to the gym later. Does this mean even though i ate like shit i am losing weight?

I am currently on losing weight and I am concerned about loose skin.
I've started at 265lbs and I've lost 35lbs so far in 4 months.
Will I have lose skin if I lose 80lbs of fat total in a spawn of 9 months?
I'm asking here because every website said "if you lose a lot of weight fast in a short period of time you have a higher risk of loose skin" which basically means jack shit to me.

Attached: 1505566475168612777.jpg (1500x1952, 152K)

if you're telling the truth, and if BK's nutritional info is accurate, then yeah

Yeah probably. I started 20 lbs than you and have lost 45 lbs and can feel a bit of loose skin. I'm focusing more on making sure I retain muscles than trying to see my scale number drop fast

How the hell is your TDEE 3062? Are you like 500lbs?

it doesn't matter, just lose the weight. you'll cross that bridge when you get to it.

Attached: 1562245360429.jpg (580x870, 53K)

Yup. Telling the whole truth, and that's what their website says.

Thanks for the answer.

Look at pic.

Attached: printscrn.png (472x412, 68K)

I can't feel any lose skin yet, not even on my arms, is that a good sign?
Does being tall help? I'm 6'3.
I'll definitely lose 30 more pounds, but I'm considering keeping a bit of chub on to avoid loose skin.
I'd rather be chubby than look disgusting.

How would yours not be there? Mine is like 2800 and I'm 215lbs.

Well obviously you're bigger chunguses but this disparity is still too much. I think you should try to use the complex calc in the OP for the most accurate estimate.

Attached: Screenshot_20190711-201508.png (1440x2560, 1.43M)

Also, I'm 5'9" so a little shorter but not 1000 calories shorter

this is pretty neat
no idea if it's accurate but it's based on popular calculators, so saves me doing it manually

Attached: output2.webm (359x275, 204K)

>hanging around 258
>have terrible two days at work
>maxstress.jpg
>weigh in at the end of the week
>252

I guess it was kind of worth it. I gained a few pounds back but that's typically what happens. Plateau for 10 days, lose 7 or 8 pounds, gain two back, plateau for 10 days.

Attached: printscrn.png (258x295, 44K)

Do you fellas think it's smart to do intermittent fasting on off days of a 3 day full body routine (no, it's not SS bullshit)? I kinda overdid it on the caloric surplus and now I'm getting too round. Unsure if I should just cut regularly or some kind of fasting.
I was eating 3k~ calories every single day and went up 12lbs in a month. Down to about 2k within a 6 hour window as an experiment

You looked better fat dude wtf

No

Not fat but still have a problem eating when bored. I’ve tried chewing gum and vaping nicotine to suppress hunger but it doesn’t. Any advice?

Drink water.

Weighed myself yesterday. Lost 15 lbs in three weeks (8 lbs. in the past two). Still have another 80 to go to reach my goal. I've just got to keep plugging along, and I'll get there. I believe it.

TOMORROW'S THE DAY
ONE 500 CALORIE MEAL
NO CARBS
CARDIO UNTIL I BURN 600
I NEED DISCIPLINE
I NEED DISCIPLINE
I NEED DISCIPLINE

Attached: PhotoEditor_20190507_222226760.jpg (480x513, 106K)

Went and ate lunch at Olive Garden for my sister's birthday. Managed to keep it to 1 breadstick, but I did eat the breadstick.

Had a dinner date with this girl and ate calamari and then a little bit of mango sorbet for desert.
I ran 5km today in repetance, father.

Foreverially skinnyfat ;_;

Attached: IMG_20190711_205743176(1).jpg (2434x3000, 2.97M)

>TOMORROW
Enjoy your 3k+ calorie binge

Got a box of candy from Japan. Ate too much of it today and then went out for drinks for a buddy's last day in the office. Did my calisthenics and an hour on my DDR machine to knock off 500 calories. Doing OMAD tomorrow. Am I forgiven?

I looked up Cool Sculpting and felt incredibly guilty. Just going to have to work out harder tomorrow and remind myself that I'm worth the investment

whats this app?

DISCIPLINE IS A MARATHON, NOT A SPRINT
DO SOMETHING SUSTAINABLE
AND STICK TO IT
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I WANT YOU TO SUCCEED

Attached: aaaaaaaa.gif (472x472, 2.62M)

Yes 100%. That's how you prevent stopping early. I lost around 25lbs two years ago, when I should've lost 35. I've gotta lose it now and I wish I'd just gone on for longer before

Had Indian buffet for lunch, but I also clocked in at lowest on the scale. Haven't been this light since high school. I will never become a fatty again. I'll post my story and progress shots this weekend.

Step one would be to stop feeling sorry for yourself. The best thing you can do is just forget the bad things you've suffered and just move on. It's difficult to get out of this mindset, but it's definitely possible

Last night my pops made me homemade fish soup with fish fillets (spiny dogfish) and it was absolutely delicious, especially with whole grain bread

I tried to count the calories and also tried to grossly overestimate to compensate and apparently I still didn't break my 1800kcal daily but bow did I feel full, bloated and kinda sad after that
Sad and happy

Attached: 1555013253694.png (1196x703, 1M)

Lucky you. My mom didn't even wish me on ky last b-day

whats this

Eat a bit under maintenance and stick to your workout plan for recomp/cutting. Eat a bit over maintenance and stick to the workout plan for lean bulk. Proceed until you like what you see.

Thank you user I love you but it just isn't working
I've been doing 1000-1500 calories every day for a long time and I can't even tell if I'm making progress
I know I'm not supposed to look at the scale every day (much multiple times a day) but sometimes the scale will tell me I'm 215 in the morning, then 206 in the midday, then 213 before breakfast when I wake up the next day. The lowest it has gotten was 203 after an intense workout and I was really happy. It was the same the next day and I really felt like I was going to make it out of the 200s. On the third day, it popped me up to 213. Then down back to 207. Then 210 again. There hasn't been a trend or anything. It may as well be a random number between 200 and 217 when I step on the scale in the morning. I need to see a trend. The only thing worse for me than looking at the scale every day would be waiting a week to look at the scale and seeing the same (or higher) number as a week earlier.

Nearly went to Jack in the box today. Drive thru was too long but I nearly went.

OK, that's a start. I'm fluctuating on the scale, too, with like a ten pound range over the past week, but since November there has been a steady trend downward.

Can you post your food diary and weight logs? A couple weeks' worth is fine. Maybe there are some strategies we could suggest. I strongly recommend against a purge diet; in my experience the rebounds are heavy, certain, and emotionally devastating.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_01.19_[2019.07.03_22.54.34].jpg (1916x1918, 308K)

My logging on myfitnesspal has been lacking recently, as has my discipline. I can give you a basic timeline though.
>225lbs
>decide to start keto and 1000 calories
>religiously log food
>routine developed, day almost always had a breakfast with a 200 calories of 2 eggs with cheese, a dinner with 200 calories of a 4oz meat serving and veggies, and if I got hungry in the day usually a meticulously weighed/counted snack of cheese cubes and almonds
>every day was less than 1050 calories, often by a hundred or two
>went to the gym for 35-70 minutes of cardio daily
>happily check scale every morning to see that I shed a pound
>get to 207
>207 persists for several days
>"oh I read about this I'll be back to losing after a few days"
>stay at 207 for another week and a half
>get completely demoralized
>diet gets looser, drop keto
>go to family event with tons of beer and good food
>relapse
>back to 215
>remain relapsed for weeks, hover around 213-216
>reluctantly get back on board with 1000 calories no keto
>do a shitty job but maintain limit
>try a martial arts class, drop to 203
>~5-8lb fluctuations start
Recently I've just been trying to play it by ear and just eat whatever as long as I don't blow 1500. It's so depressing to see the scale now, even if it's a "good" day, since I know that I'll be back to whatever the fuck tomorrow, even if I do a good job with my calories. I've started to record stuff less since it doesn't even feel like it'll make a difference. It hurts to much to have been doing so well and get dumped into this state.

Almost fucking killed myself doing a bench press earlier. Fuck I haven't fully completed a single day of greyskull cause either my form is shit or I take too long.

Also is there a good exercise I can substitute for the deadlift?

No. Just keep at it. Don't be afraid to ask someone for a spot or form check. Just make sure you check their form first lmao.

Continue logging. Consider using a food scale to measure your food exactly to make sure nothing's getting past you. I've lost forty pounds since November, and I'm sure no small part of that has been because I have written literally every single thing I've eaten along with as precise a calorie and protein count as I can manage for each item.

Aim for 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, but it's OK to be a little under it. Maybe cool it on the cardio a little bit, and consider going closer to maintenance calories. Plateaus can last for a long time, and are often broken by relaxing a little. I sat on a plateau for like three weeks, doing SS and maintaining a 1000kcal deficit. then lost another 5 a week after I added a small snack each night after dinner. If you've been dieting for over two months, consider eating at maintenance for your current weight, or slightly under (DO NOT go over), for a week.

Most importantly: fucking relax. This shit takes time. Your weight will go down. Trust the process. If your weight stagnates or oscillates, shrug and say "oh well" and stay the course. And track your weekly average. You may find your downward trend there.

Attached: gate-of-bootylon.png (1589x893, 2M)

fluctuations are totally normal and can easily swing in excess of 10lbs. just take your daily weight and average it across weeks. it's not like you're racing anyone.

"stop eating fatty" is unironically great advice because fat people can't count calories for shit. it's like those lifters who will always see themselves as tiny.

>fluctuations are totally normal and can easily swing in excess of 10lbs

No. No they are not.

Attached: 35e0d18fc2cd4c9d1a9ada991f29993b.jpg (600x800, 174K)

>1000 calories a day,
Sounds a bit low.

Youre weak

I can second his claim. Just this very day, I was 166.6lbs post-dump (nude), and I went to the gym, when I got back, stripped down and weighed in after taking a leak, 158.6lbs. if you don't drink a lot of water or don't take very emptying dumps, sure you might not have much variance, but hydrated people and well-fibered people will.

Lift heavy plates on a bar. Should help with the loose skin problem.

That is not how the human body works. Stop making excuses.

Attached: 1560496387735.jpg (651x383, 91K)

i am 5'4 and 240 pounds, i had a binge today and I can't kick my emotional eating issue.

my health isn't really a concern (at the moment I'm pretty healthy) but for the future it is, I'm also pretty sick of having the thighs of squidward after he went on a krabby patty bender