/Injury&Recovery General/

ITT we discuss fitness related injuries, recovery process and ways of prevention so we can put out some awareness for other anons.

***Disclaimer***
If you just got injured right now you know what to do already. Don't come here asking for help to some random people on the internet. GO SEE A DOCTOR.

Attached: iStock-628092082-copy.jpg (1920x1081, 113K)

>***Disclaimer***
>GO SEE A DOCTOR.
ok reddit

I've been doing alot of caliathenics this year.
I got some shoulder cracking since like a month ago.
Like 3 weeks ago I went to get some studies and they said I have bursitis in my right shoulder and that's what making the cracking.

I've been doing some treatment with electromagnetism or some shit like that in the kinesiologist. I'm on my 7th session and I think it reduced some of the cracking.
Still haven't lifted since the problem started though.

Any other anons that had got bursitis?

Bump

i snapped my rotator cuff backwards, the most painful thing about it is not being able to lift for another two months at least. I fucking hate myself.

>do full leg workout
>havent done it in awhile
>next day calves and hamstrings feel like they were ran over by a truck
>cant walk
What do I do?

Attached: 1562933085856.jpg (934x625, 60K)

How did that happened?
Have you been skipping facepulls?

Have you done stretching after the workout?

Have had severe IT band syndrome for the past year plus making me unable to exercise and leaving me in daily pain. Two rounds of steroid injections and extensive home PT got me nothing. Just started seeing a real PT and I'm already starting to notice changes in how my legs move and how my muscles engage. Really giving this everything. Starting to feel some hope at last. Can't wait to get back to running and cycling and hiking.

Don't hesitate about hiring a PT. I've wasted a year during the prime years of my physical fitness spinning my wheels to try to save money.

Attached: happyShibaGirlDoingABigSmile.png (600x600, 167K)

>seemingly tore my meniscus
>went to an ortho who told me "You definitely did something to it, we'll get you an MRI and in 4 weeks if it still hurts you may require surgery. You have a 50/50 chance it heals on its own, though,so just don't do anything to make it hurt."
>get MRI two weeks ago
>been playing phone tag with the office ever since trying to make an appointment to get the results seen
>in the meantime I stopped feeling any pain whatsoever
>this week (8 weeks after initial pain) I started going to the gym again after about 3 weeks with no knee pain whatsoever
>feel a clicking in my knee as I do squats
>wake up the day after my second workout of the week feeling a little pain

Am I fucked, bros?

I was doing incline db bench press, on the way down I felt weird (like passing out, sorta) and my right arm went backwards. I didn't really have control over the situation and I let the dumbbell go as soon as I could but I felt a crack in the frontal part of the rotator cuff. maybe it's a tendon, I don't know, I was already warm (did warm up and 3 sets before that) and that happened.
I'm having x rays tomorrow and hopefully my doctor will be able to tell me the best course of action.
Sorry for the beat up English, not a native speaker.

Been working on my left knee, think I have some form of jumpers knee. Been having improvements myself but if I can't get rid of it soon I'm going to see a PT.
Seems like a combination of tight quads, poor glute activation and hip mobility issues.

What's the best diet and exercise routine for a seriously pulled muscle? Just eating at maintenance with plenty of protein and gentle exercise, stopping when it hurts, like my doctor recommended?

Attached: 3XyuPbo.jpg (530x530, 78K)

Not necessarily. If clicking is in the front, it could literally be tendonitis around the patella.

If it's on the outside of the knee, it could be IT band tightness.

If it's in the back of the knee, that's a point of concern, BUT it could also be hamstring tendonitis.

IF your meniscus is damage, a doc could cut the "flapping" pieces off, but definitely get a second opinion, because any surgical intervention is way more serious than people make it seem.

---

My problem: Ankle clicking in front of joint - pain when I run fast.

Prevention
>STRETCH
>the higher the weight, the more warmup sets you do
>mobility work
>mind muscle connection.
>rETrACt tHe ScAPula

Honestly lads my pre-workout warmup is almost 30 minutes and not a single second is a waste of time. Everything from a shoddy knee to a tight groin and shoulders that are impinged...if it wasn't for a warmup I'd have been fucked by now.

Also unironically there is a channel/instagram called Moveu thats helped me fix some of the underlying issues.

Attached: 1560626452752.jpg (425x528, 71K)

The clicking seems like it's coming from the front, but the pain is located on the inside part of the front of my knee. My doc seemed to act like surgery was the last option and came highly recommended. I guess I'll just see what he says when he finally sees me.

is fibromyalgia really just a meme

i want to believe it is but ive tried everything and nothing works, only morphine, and morphine is expensive and i cant use it all the time

it hurts so bad

i want to believe

i just want to believe...

Attached: 1534436834455.png (564x1083, 680K)

Shut the fuck up reddit

Thanks for the data, based user.

How true is this?

Attached: static stretching.png (948x2088, 3.62M)

Bump

VERY. Literally any book written on excercising will tell you this.

Attached: 1540657047593.png (1536x2560, 2.86M)

>some treatment with electromagnetism

*ultrasound treatment is the term I think I was looking for

absolutely 100% true

hard stretching is for post workout

dynamic stretches are for pre workout

The inner crease of my elbow hurt for two days after barbell curls
It wasn't DOMs
It's the third day and it feels better but still noticable
What did I damage, and can I lift tonight?

this is true.

static stretching is bad pre-activity, dynamic is preferred.

people also don't even perform static stretching properly. you're meant to hold positions for at least 30s, longer being better obviously. lots of people perform ballistic stretching which is downright counter-productive to lengthening ROM.

There is a chance I have a pinched nerve somewhere. I already have been prescribed gabaputin for other nerve related things. I am obese and I know losing weight will help. The skin on my stomach is numb and I am wondering if there are stretches for nerve relief. I hate this numbness. And no I don't have diabetes. I also lost 65lbs since April and still going.

yup

True. But the thing is static stretching isn't really even that good of a way to become stretchy and mobile. Static stretching is more like the "feel good" type of activity. Lightly weighted mobility exercises and then loading them is the best way to gain mobility.

Your English is better than mine. I am a native speaker.

You most likely have elbow tendonitis.
It will go away if have enogh rest for your arm.

You should do wrist and forearm stretches after working out to avoid that

That sounds too much of a serious issue desu

I can feel my shinbones really prominently but I don't have shin splints (that I know of), am I fine?

I hurt my right wrist recently, I think I went too hard on the false grip and german hangs. I've located the origin of the pain to what I think is my flexor carpi ulnaris. It isn't horrible pain, just noticeable sometimes and if i rub the area, but it's made me scared to workout now. I havent worked out in over a week.

I really hope following my mobility and wrist warm up routine every day will fix it, it's making me really sad anons.

Attached: 1328270358246.jpg (300x300, 39K)

Upon further research I may have split my UT ligament in my wrist. I have a positive sign when performing an ulnar foveal sign test but no instability, indicating a tear rather than a severing.

Either way fuck my life. I'm gonna visit the doc and see what they say.

Attached: 1294467453064.jpg (430x352, 24K)

had a meniscus surgery 5 months ago.
had to stop before the surgery.
it fucking takes ages to come back
I was at 18 bf, then hit 31 in 7 months. couldn't stop myself eating. ate like I was lifting..
started to lift in june, back to 20 bf, I am still not happy =(
fuck injuries

Attached: bardofgains.webm (408x720, 898K)

It's a meme you're addicted to drugs

How much time does it take to recover from bursitis on the shoulder?

Attached: 17mt0o.jpg (500x473, 21K)

>go see a doctor
But I live in America user

>have bad back for 8+ years (24 now)
>finally told it's muscle tension
>go to PT for a free consultation
>they show me a bunch of stretches to do as an example
>never make followup appointment
>do stretches on my own
>pain free a few weeks later

>grow, grow, grow

Wtf is this? Friends said it was a calcium deposit..I don't feel pain, just feels weird when I touch it

Also dealing with tennis elbow. How the fuck am I supposed to help it heal?

Attached: 20190712_185531-03.jpg (800x800, 135K)

Bumpo