Le strongman said we shouldn’t deadlift. We should listen to him I matter what!

Le strongman said we shouldn’t deadlift. We should listen to him I matter what!

Attached: 1295EB89-7015-4777-A4C7-8D48E6213CE8.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cX4VNXnD0Dc
youtube.com/watch?v=BuzeyFIYMSM
youtube.com/watch?v=kxGh6VGxuw0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: FDD9666E-ED0A-4F32-8525-2D6A389AFF6D.jpg (750x599, 191K)

unironically what lift can even be a substitute?
I don't know anyone who doesn't deadlift

Eric said to do deadlift so fuck this ugly fat powershitter

Guy who does gallons of steroids tells people not to do things.

Tell me more oh wise guru!

>powershitter
pic related is me, I’m exclusively a powerlifter. the guy in OP is a fucking strongman you retard. now post body or your mother will die in her sleep tonight.

Attached: 6B35D7AF-F06E-4BA9-AA59-D5C465433427.jpg (750x777, 103K)

The massive outrage shows that people would rather get defensive and try to offend this guy than admit that it's one of the more dangerous lifts
I deadlift but the heaviest I will go is 3x8 with very strict form
You idiots that go for anywhere near 1rm to feed your ego and say you have big numbers are the ones that get injured

Attached: 1553884230775.jpg (500x667, 53K)

and people like you who generalize everything are just as bad. if you have good proportions for the DL like me then they are much safer than squats. I fucked up my back 2 or 3 times on the squat in the years I have been lifting, never on the DL. Squats have always been worse for me and have given me some aches and pains when I push too hard. DL I could load up 90%+ and be fine just a bit tired the next day and maybe the one after if I go all out.

Imagine having such a fragile belief system that when someone says you shouldn’t lift a metal bar you get upset

Jow Forums is the worst at cherry picking

he literally said if you're not a powerlifter, strongman or trying to get stronger, deadlifting has a negative rate of return. Meaning that there are so many mechanical areas where things can go wrong (cause injury) that the risk to reward ratio is too high. That's literally it.

this. I legit don't feel any significant fatigue after deadlifting (my grip strength is usually what fails me). Not sure what contributes to it though. Long arms?

The compound movements are just for ego-lifting, baby-dick retards; particularly the deadlift. No one is impressed you can pull 5pl8, 6pl8, 7pl8, 8pl8, etc. No one gives a shit. You are fucking yourself up irreparably because you want to act like the big man- Newsflash! You look like a fucking penis, dude. You look like a raging manbaby. Grow the fuck up, you meatheaded idiot, unless you are getting paid an exorbitant amount of money to lift a heavy weight; you have no business lifting it. Anything above 265-315 is retarded cope for penile insecurity, pure and simple. Deadlifting should be banned universally in gyms, you destroy equipment for the sake of you feeding your bloated ego for a few minutes. Fuck you.

Twink mode lmao

well for me it is long arms, short legs for my size and a long torso. I guess in the end it mostly comes down to those factors which decide your back angle when the bar leaves the floor. for me it is in a way that even if I round my back on maximal efforts it is only ever upper back rounding. Lower back rounding might occur when I force up a 1RM but honestly even then it hasnt happpened in a while now - as long as I keep the tension in my core I have never had issues either I cant break it off the floor or it is a somewhat clean pull.

Looking thicc, user. Good shit lad.

Delete this nephew

>No one is impressed you can pull 5pl8, 6pl8, 7pl8, 8pl8, etc. No one gives a shit

I dont know user I have had both guys and girls compliment how strong I am when they have seen me DL. I have been mired more on the Squat and DL than on any other exercise in the gym... and it is not a Powerlifting gym but just a regular commercial gym.

Attached: 1475325595216.png (604x605, 565K)

and there are people in my gym benching in the 3 or 4pl8 area yet I have never in my life heard a girl talk about that. I guess it is probably because most girls in my gym dont actually bench but they do Squat and some sort of DL variatioon mostly RDL so they know how the movement works and how "hard" it is for them with their 60lbs or however much they are moving. So I guess keeping that in mind it makes some amount of sense.

Wow. So you're destroying your body because some random losers at your gym, whom you probably don't see outside of the gym, are goading you on and you keep doing it because you want a compliment? That's just about the most retarded thing I've ever read. Would you jump off a cliff if someone said "Wow, it'd be really cool if you jump off that cliff, you'd be so cool"? What the fuck...

Cope: The Post

Kek I love how butthurt Jow Forums still is over some guy who said not to deadlift.

Based.

Saved.

Post body

Where is this pasta from?

Schizo as fuck

cringe

i dont Deadlift from the ground. i rack pull for my upper back and RDL or GM off pins for my posterior chain.

Yeah the deadlift may be "The King of All Lifts," but it's not as good of a builder as it is a tester.

if you listened to the podcast you'd also hear him saying that he never deadlifts and only once has passed his deadlift without getting a 0 from the judges

his opinion means fuck all, it's like someone who never been on Jow Forums said that it's bad

in this life you're either a powershitter or an aestetixbruh

routine?

funny enough I just posted about it in this thread
read through my other posts after this too

No I don't care what a fat mid-tier """""strong"""""man on huge amounts of gear says about how I should train.

winners deadlift

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 219K)

He was right tho. Deadlifting is an ego lift that 75% of people do incorrectly and too much weight. Unless you have a good reason to be doing them they're not necessary and generally not worth it.

There are many safer alternatives, such as trapbar deadlift which even Bugez said has more athletic carryover.

>Have sex

if by winner you mean hamplanets, and not in a good sense, sure

>Don't do deadlifts
>do cleans instead
cleans are way harder to learn and you technically do a deadlift at the start of it...
also, why say such a blanket statement without any explanation other than, "you could get injured."

and about 90% of that 75% never get injured

Where did Martins and crew dig up that red-haired Asian chick from? She suddenly appeared one day when he was in Iceland training with Thor

>lets see how much weight I can lift a short distance very slowly, using partial range of motion in every muscle due to the mechanics of the lift
>doing partial range of motion is really bad and people will judge you, except in the deadlift, because reasons.

Deadlifts what a silly exercise.

>that moment you realize a deadlift is basically a quarter squat with the bar in you hands instead of on your back

Hurr duur I can lift so much weight on the deadlift, im so strong

literally the most DYEL statement i've ever seen. post body.

>tfw you realize the deadlift is not a squat

oof, how dumb can you be?

Put that way, yeah. But the video got so popular and Oberst was so vague with his statement that other fitness youtubers saw it as an opportunity to interpret his words however they wanted and make a quick video to leech.
With that said I always assumed he just means heavy conventional dead which is a fair point. Trap bar is much better for athletes since they can just do lighter conventional deads or romanian deads for hypertrophy along with hyperextensions for lower back/spinal erector development. It's just safer at the end of the day, with or without belts and proper form.

>tfw maintaining a 4pl8 allweather diddly for 5 years now

right knee acts up sometimes but back is perfect no complications so far

I wasn't deadlifting anyways

Checkmate ecelebs

I wasn't on the internet my entire life until today anyways.

Checkmate enews

No serious athlete deadlifts, only powerlifters and strongmen need to due to their competitions

People only do deadlifts because they've been infuenced by powerlifting, or its an ego thing,

Girls who look DYEL can deadlift over 400 lbs.
I've seen videos of grandmas deadlifting 255lbs
Look at her pathetic bench

youtube.com/watch?v=cX4VNXnD0Dc

I've seen old guys who look like they are going to die soon deadlift 500 lbs.
youtube.com/watch?v=BuzeyFIYMSM

Outside powerlifting comps, its a pure ego lift partial exercise.by the brainwashed

>ive seen girls deadlift a lot
>ive seen grandmas deadlift a lot
>its dangerous

>softest pussy opinions
oof, how does it feel to be that soft?

No serious athlete body builds. Does that mean body building should be avoided like the plague?

Turns out people on youtube are retarded.

>a few outliers make me right

top kek, user cant even keep his own story straight, its obvious hes just here to shitpost.

Attached: 1415998053816.jpg (171x278, 15K)

who the fuck actually managed to watch this guy on rogan? he takes about ten minutes to answer the simplest questions because he rambles and goes off on tangents literally every time he opens his mouth. JUST FUCKING SAY SOMETHING DIRECTLY.

yes robert is so trim

>frail elderly dyels can diddly 500+
So it'd be pretty safe for a healthy 23 year old male to settle for 650~ or so, right?
Or are you just shitposting?

i think an average normie is better off not deadlifting, neither cleaning too tho, i dont get what the fuck he talked about cleaning for

I didn't say it was dangerous.
>is not soft
>does partial range of motion lifts with 4 plates to impress other gymgoers and needlessly overstress the CNS
I'm right, the deadlift is a partial rep ego lift, thanks,

so how long have you been able to read minds?

I don't understand the argument behind not deadlifting. I think Eric Bugenhagen made a good point in that
>Most normies don't deadlift anyway
>Most normies don't clean, either
>Cleans are objectively harder to do
>Deadlifts have many variations that are easier and less taxing if you're that worried about hurting yourself

I don't understand this guy's point. "Explosiveness" is such a broad word, and the vast number of people don't need to work on that anyway as most people are not athletes. The vast majority of lifters lift for a better physique. If you want to argue the deadlift is no good for that then I guess you can take that angle, but I'd argue the clean is the same fucking thing its just way harder to develop good form.

What the hell is this autism?

It's amazing

>still thinks the deadlift is a squat with partial range of motion
tell me how i know you can't actually deadlift correctly

I'm not saying its dangerous, I'm saying it is a partial rep ego lift that powerlifters need to do in competition.

Go to a mirror, stand sideways, do a deadlift motion, do a half squat, note similarities in hip angles achieved

He did NOT literally say any of that, you lying fucking retard. He said

>unless you're deadlifting for the sake of deadlifting, you should NOT be deadlifting

I'm sick of you fucking retard defending this guy with lies.

what about guys with short femurs, long torso and short arms? proportionally, the range of motion would be far more than a lifter with long femurs, short torso and long arms and vice versa with the squat. would the squat be a partial ego lift for the short femur lifter in this case? the same can be applied to pressing and people with short arms, should any pressing movement be considered a “partial rep ego lift” just because their anatomy favors it? it seems that you have tunnel vision and are only applying it to the deadlift. id be willing to bet that you have a personal grudge against the deadlift.

thanks for letting us know we can disregard everything you say user

Attached: 1431762343348.jpg (2000x1087, 365K)

> id be willing to bet that you have a personal grudge against the deadlift.

I actually like deadlifting, its probably my favorite lift, but it's still a partial rep ego lift.

you didn’t even respond to my actual argument

Why do you train strength?
I train strength to be better at lifting heavy things.
Most of the time that I lift heavy things, it's fairly similar to the form of a deadlift, so strengthening my deadlift has made lifting those things easier.
If you train strength for any other reason than practical application, every lift you do is an ego lift. That's what defines an ego lift, not the ROM of each muscle group involved.

If a person with short femurs does a parallel or lower squat, they are still putting a greater stretch on the legs muscles than doing a deadlift. So it;s not a partial.

I mean, he's not inherently wrong, the deadlift isn't that great of an exercise for building actual strength. What he's saying is that unless you're deadlifting to compete in the deadlift, there's no point, and he's right.

No he's not. Deadlifts build your core and your lower back. Two of the most important things for functional strength. Stop being a retard, brainlet

They also build your lats traps, and forearms. I don't get the deadlift hate.

They definitely don't build the core as good as regular core exercises do, and the same goes for the lower back. That being said, even if that was true, his main point was that it was because of rate of injury that it just wasn't worth it. How many times do professional weightlifters get injured in the deadlift vs. virtually every other lift? It's a lot more. And they do it for a living. I don't see why you faggots are denying this to be true. He never said "deadlift isn't a good workout and nobody should ever do it"

its just shitters with shit numbers trying desperately to cope

Bench and Squat have far more injuries. Just about he's a fucking retard

Attached: good_dog.jpg (480x600, 53K)

Admit*

>he never said no one should never do it
Yes he did. He literally said

>unless you're doing Deadlifts to get a big Deadlift, NO ONE SHOULD EVER DO THEM

Please stop spreading lies.

That's not what he said. What he said was that the risk to reward ratio for professional football players to power clean instead of dead lift (since power cleaning promotes explosiveness) is higher. Make sense?

Attached: 3jx7gn7kxj101.png (1066x600, 276K)

>he was referring to professional football players

WRONG AGAIN. He said NO ONE should do Deadlifts. Watch the fucking video.

it wasn’t directed towards anyone other than the guy I was responding to

Right, which is sage advice. An example of a better compound exercise is cleans, which is basically just a lighter deadlift, but nah, you'd rather be able to take out your big deadlift number in a conversation even though nobody cares

Attached: received_330407487898969.jpg (799x739, 71K)

Power cleans are about velocity and thus power, not strength. But a non lifting DYEL like yourself wouldn't know that. You don't build strength with such low weight, you fucking brainlet.

>cleans, which is basically just a lighter deadlift

stop user youre killing me

Attached: 1520141199666.jpg (1000x600, 128K)

Stfu retard

Nice comeback. Post body, faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=kxGh6VGxuw0

lmao, wow. This user actually thinks a half squat is the same as a deadlift. I actually want to see a video of this happening

Nice delts brah

>tears a bicep during world's strongest man
if only he had been doing deadlifts

this guy's advice on deadlifts reminded me of cain valezquez's strength coach telling him to do leg extensions instead of squats

I see no reason to listen to him. Even his clarification on the matter is stupid. The only reason he said not to do them is because he sucks (Relatively speaking) at them and wants to play it off like they aren't important. He admitted himself that he almost always scores 0 points in deads, and the first time he did them in competition he basically paralyzed himself.

Oberst is low tier in the WSM and you can tell it bothers him. He injures himself all the fucking time because he's a meathead who relies solely on the steroids to compete, unlike the other guys who are clearly smart and know what they're doing. Guy just seems like a dumb knucklehead with a chip on his shoulder.

>a clean is basically a light deadlift
lmao, yeah if you decide not to clean it

So is Brian Shaw also a low-tier shitter because he tore his hamstring the other year? You're a fucking idiot who clearly can't understand what Oberst is saying. The risk outweighs the reward, especially for ego-lifting novices.

You got me, fuck