I'm a complete noob to this. I heard running was a good exercise...

I'm a complete noob to this. I heard running was a good exercise. I don't have a treadmill and I'm too timid to run outside. I head running in place is also a good way to exercise. I did that 4 days ago. The next day, my legs were incredibly sore, but I figured that was normal, so I did it again, same as on the first day. It was to my understanding that the pain goes away after few days. It is now the 4th day, I just got done with the same running routine I've been doing for the past 4 day (jogging in place for 20 minutes), however, the soreness won't go away. I honestly can't tell if it's gotten better, it feels the same to me. I also don't know when it's normal for my legs to hurt and when I should seek a doctor.
What do?

Attached: running.gif (500x281, 612K)

why the fuck would you seek a doctor for having done exercise and feeling your muscles later?

jogging in place does fuck all, you aren't actually pushing forward
it hurts because you're hideously out of shape

I don't know when it's normal and when it means I've hurt myself. I can walk, but it hurts. Usually it hurts the most when I get up. When I start walking, it hurts less. But when I rest, it ones again hurts a lot when I get up.

So it's normal then? So I should keep going at it?

My man, light muscle soreness can be normal but you should take care not to damage your tendons with overuse, coming from a sedentary background. Take some time off for the soreness to dissipate, your opportunity to workout isn't running away

I would say do body weight exercises to start off instead of just jogging in place which isn't going to do that much for you
you could get some dumbbells or something if you wanted something better
but yea that's normal coming out of a deep sedentary hole don't worry

So I should wait a few days before running again?

So I should cut down on the jogging and just do body weight exercises?

Are you fucking retarded?

What the fuck do you think the doctor is going to do?

Are you so fucking out of shape you don't recognize that people doing shit and feeling tired is just normal human exertion and not a medical emergency?

thats what I would do if I were you. jogging is a lot harder than bodyweight too and takes longer. also I don't believe jogging in place actually does much lol
if your body is hurting ease back on that specific group while it recovers. you sound pretty out of shape so give it time but also don't give up because it will get worse as you get older

>I'm too timid to run outside
Reread this sentence as many times as you need until you understand just how pathetic it is to both refer to yourself as and also accept that you are 'timid'. You are a fucking MAN, stop acting like a woman and go outside to run.

Attached: 1526544179325.png (163x191, 40K)

you should run again and see how it makes you feel.. also try a bike

Running is terrible for your joints

try incline hikes. easier on the knees

I will take your advice user

Based

>jogging in place for 20 minutes

wtf user

that's why you hurt so bad, the body isn't to run in 1 spot

just go run between the hours of 2am-6am and you shouldn't have to interact with anyone

You're not injured, just sore as fuck, that always happens when you exert yourself for the first time in a long while

Please for the love of fucking god stop running in place, while it paints a hilarious mental image its not doing shit for you. go the fuck outside and run, theres no reason to be timid. put on sunglasses and listen to music and go into your own world and run.

ok noted

But being outside is the best part user...

Download a couch25k app and follow the instructions. You're just out of shape, no big deal.

Yes, and nobody is going to stop you every 5 steps to have a conversation with you. In case you're fat, I've seen fat people who can lift more and run farther that most "skinnier" people, so there's that

And there are obvious differences between pain because you fucked up something (i.e. knees), and soreness because your muscles are tired (i.e. quads)

I'm currently doing pic relateed, you should try it out sometime, and stop being a bitch

Attached: Guide_to_running.jpg (2084x4576, 1.2M)

You're really fixated on this jog in place deal when it's just raising your legs in place

Others probably said it but, start lighter allowing you body to adapt. Then increase the workload. If you are obese, lose some weight before doing any high impact exercise (eg. stationary bike), or you are going to damage your weight-baring joints.

>stationary running
ayy, please film this