Special Forces Fitness

How Jow Forums do you need to be to be in Special Forces?

Attached: ABD1545F-25F0-4E2F-9767-2604BE657C43.jpg (1260x826, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xSPXiio3t9w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Run and then when you're done running run some more and then maybe some more running and after all that you'll be able to say you've run a fraction of what they do in the marines

Seems like its mostly running and calisthenics, not as much emphasis into body building, since they spent more time in the open rather than the squat rack or eating.

What's the point of destroying your knees?

You destroy your knees so the citizens you defend don't have to

Standards are public. 100 pushups in 2 mins. 100 situps in 2 minutes. 20 pullups. 13 minute 2 mile. Basically, go ottermode and do a fuckton of pullups, pushups, situps and running. When preparing for selection, do lots of rucking, get used to the weight on your shoulders. Do planks as well.

You basically just have to be able to do 20 pushups in a row, any decently fit male should be able to make it in no problem

It's not easy, you need survive at least one proxy war and then get tattoos and develop an unrealistic sense of self-importance

Depends on the special force. Seal training is so extreme I think they regularly have like 90% fail rate. You need to be able to train your mind to push past the natural quitting point constantly

Seal instructors themselves say it's 100% mental by the time you get to BUDS, because the pre-screening will weed out anybody not-capable of physically going through the training.

Running is the most important metric in any special forces qualification. If you are a very fast runner and have LOTS of stamina your chances of making it dramatically go up.

It's a really tough goal, but going for 3 miles in 17 minutes will do you more good than anything else, as well as good flexibility to prevent tendon injuries due to stiffness.

Attached: Seal Training.png (998x1194, 73K)

join the regular forces and you will know

Can you run a sub 18 minute 3 mile and do a shit load of calisthenics? Alright you got 50% of what it takes

Now can you doing a 12 mile forced ruck march with over 60 pounds of gear with 3 hours of sleep in the complete cover of dark while soaking wet? All while playing fuck fuck games with the instructors? Okay maybe. Basically if you're okay with the feeling that your body is telling you that it could shut down any second now but your mind is telling you no then you should be alright.

Attached: 4f5b1b574aaaf5c9f7c88ac9595b4d77--marine-recon-marine-corps.jpg (480x360, 27K)

You dont ruin your knees by running. You ruin them by being a fatass or rucking. And you'll be doing shitloads of the latter in the infantry, let alone special forces. That said, the most important thing is probably cardio (aside from mental toughness).

Pretty fit

>Can you run a sub 18 minute 3 mile and do a shit load of calisthenics?

*Every day for 3 months, without wear and tear injuries and a proper amount of sleep

Why should I care about the citizens of israel?

To elaborate on this, basically, the military, like everything else, tests for good preparation AND good genetics.

If you have some muscle imbalance or injury, you will get fucked.

Also, they are testing deadlifts in most units now.

You have to be able to think about how many cheeseburgers you're going to order at McDonalds, in what positions you're going to fuck your girlfriend the next time they let you go home and how nice it was the last time you bathed in sun rays at a calm beach... all while you endure immense pain, fatigue and do things you never thought the human body could handle

> how nice it was the last time you bathed in sun rays at a calm beach

>he didn't go Pararescue
>he doesn't have his training on a beach in Fort Walton, Florida

i can beat the shit out of any trained manlet navy seal

Attached: Screenshot_20190710-044329_Gallery.jpg (1080x1920, 1.02M)

Seals tend to be big guys though, you'll find more manlets in the army. And they would fuck you up.

cringe

>tfw wear glasses and have regular migraine attacks so i wouldn't even be allowed to attend selection

oh well, i'll just get big and strong then...

That's the irony of rucking 100lb+ backpacks on sand for miles on end, sleep deprived, hungry, thirsty... every time I go to the beach now I remember all the blisters and joint pain I got back then

Glasses are not a dealbreaker. They can fix it with LASIK.

>cringe

youtube.com/watch?v=xSPXiio3t9w

Yet that's what literally happens, your body becomes so fatigued that it enters a survival mode or you just fall flat on your face. The point of SOF selections is to see if you can go past your bodies breaking point and not give up when your body is telling your other wise.

Most of Jow Forums wouldn't even get past the first day of SOF selection processes.

>38 body weight bench press
>140 pushups
holy fuck

they do go to the gym

Big muscles arnt really the focus of special forces

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Attached: 1560507426453.jpg (259x194, 8K)

You give your country 5-15years of peak military performance. They don't really give a shit that you've ruined your body once you leave or hit administrative ranks, you've already served your purpose at that point.

>Standards are public. 100 pushups in 2 mins. 100 situps in 2 minutes. 20 pullups. 13 minute 2 mile.

Just remember, these are MINIMUMS. This does not account for doing these
>back to back, don’t expect any rest
>hungry as fuck
>tired as fuck
>stressed out from all of the above combined

You are going to really really want to be SF/SOF. If you want to be a Green Beret just to pull pussy or stand out at a bar, you won’t make it. Hop off Jow Forums, hop off Jow Forums, find a mentor to guide you along the way and work your ass off 24/7. A career in SOF takes a lot of sacrifice including potentially getting injured in ways that aren’t related to combat.

Asking anyone on Jow Forums on how to prepare for any sort of SOF prep is useless, find yourself a mentor. The SEALs as an example has some mentors to help you prepare for BUD/s, if you’re serious about this you will actively seek the equivalent of this person out and listen to him over everyone here, including me.

Attached: 14481F9C-E563-464C-B168-EBF216690AA1.jpg (472x318, 66K)

There is no age group among men in the US military where 20 push-ups is passing. And push-ups are just one part of PT tests. So basically, shut up, you’re wrong.

Was it useless though? You gave good advice.

You're starting to get into elite runner territory when you push that 2 mile time.

100 points on the Army APFT run for most men is close to a 13min 2-mile. I think my 100 was 13:36, and I got as close at 13:54. It is common for “PT Studs” to get between 12 and 13 on their 2-mile.

ask me how i know youve never been in the marines

The running and pushups is the easy part.
The day to day nonstop grinding in a calorix defecit and sleep deprived is another.
And then theres the timed 12 mile ruck.

Was 18x

Youre gunna want at least a 270 standard APFT.

40 min max timed 5 mile (on lose sand in hills)

3 hr 12 mile ruck (but aim for 2.5hr)

But the truth is the fittest you will be in the whole q course is at the beginning. You're gunna be dicked down daily for no reason and treated very poorly in general.

Most the cadre are super butthurt about doing swcs time cause they get cut off from JSET and deploy pay. Prob go from making 90k+ to base around 60 for e6-7.

All in all 5 years not wasted but not fun. Do it if you're young dum and full of cum