What makes you look young?

This is a serious question.
Im 20 but I feel and look like in late 30s.
18, 19 year olds are almost my age but they kind of seem a lot younger and more mature at the same time (just a lot cooler I guess), cant explain it. Could living in a lot of stress and under-eating cause my hormons to get fucked up? Is this reversable with exercise and diet? Can I still feel and look like a teen in my 20s? Im not ugly or anything, just stopped taking care of myself cuz of school

Attached: product-image-728143115_grande.jpg (600x600, 37K)

Skinniness
Skin quality
Hair

Hairline is number one, very closely followed by skin. Then there are certain other tells. The size of your nose and chin/jaw, your facial fat, etc.

How to feel young- wear new clothes, cut you hair and shave your face. You will feel like a different person for the first week.

This. Also I look significantly younger clean shaven but 10 years older than I am with a full beard.

so yeah, clear skin + smooth cleancut face + not balding

GO BACK TO Jow Forums THATS NOT FITNESS RELATED YOU RETARD

moisturize regularly, start like 10 years ago and you won't have a problem

skin
hairline
forehead wrinkles
bodyfat and silhouette

These I think are the major ones but in reality there are probably hundreds tiny cues that are subconciously processed that you can't do anything about. Still, just like zoomers can appear older by growing a beard, you can appear younger with the right haircut and a clean shave.

Attached: bowl-cut-men-blunt-bang-500x750.jpg (500x750, 27K)

still have hair (lotsa)
zero alcohol (maybe once-twice in a year)
have a long term relationship
good genes

>tfw 23 but people think im 16

Attached: 1551045527246.jpg (540x660, 35K)

get rid of that mouse-tache
you look like you are ready to participate in a blowbang

Start a skincare routine.
>Gentle cleanser (i recommend first aid beauty) morning and night
>chemical exfoliant 2-4 times a week at night(i recommend salicylic acid 2% for spot treatment of pimples and whole face when oily, and either lactic acid 2-5% or glycolic acid 7% all of which are sold by Deciem's The Ordinary, once youre used to it use their 30% aha + 2% bha peel once a week as well)
>niacinamide+zinc for skin tone, eveness, barrier function etc next, and any other water based serums, alpha arbutin is good if you have pigmentation issues (both sold by deciem as well for cheap)
>next moisturize always after cleanser/exfoliation and serums. I recommend cerave. The lotion is light and will last you months. The cream is better but may be too heavy for a small amount of people
>optional is oils for a multitude of benefits. Keeps your skin from overproducing oil; antioxidants etc. I use rosehip at night and marula in the morning (cheap from deciem). Take 1-2 drops, heat up in palms and pat in
>sunscreen is the most important tool you have for slowing down aging. Apply every 2 hours, 365 days a year, whether its summer or winter, rainy or cloudy. You need about 1/2 tsp for face neck and ears. Look for zinc oxide and titanium dioxide but if you need to save the money get chemical ones that are broad spectrum and non comedogenic
>the next best thing for aging is retinol. Store bought ones dont work. Get a presceiption, but it makes you more sun sensitive so wear sunscreen
>caffeine serums are good for eye puffiness, but remember that eye serums are usually just diluted face serums marked up in cost
>if the damage so far is bad consider laser treatments
Im 20 and started this routine when i was 19. I look younger now than when i was 17, and most people think im just a big 16-18 year old. I see roasties in my classes that are the same age as me who already look like theyre 28-33 because they neglect their skin. Watch Dr Davin Lim and Dr Dray on youtube

bait?

>tfw i'm 22 but look like a fucking kid

How to look older?

Attached: 1562863491704.jpg (367x401, 32K)

Honestly all of the things he said are correct and ha e those effects it's just unnecessary for most people to have a skin routine that detailed unless you enjoy it that much.

It can be simplified into:

AM-
Wash with gentle cleanser
Lotion
Sunscreen

PM-
Wash with gentle cleanser
Chemical exfoliant (AHA/BHA)
Lotion

If you really want to do something in depth that's because you enjoy it. It's kind of like creating a lifting routine

Yup youre right, i posted an in depth routine just to get all the info on the table, since some of the ingredients mentioned are necessary for people with certain skin concerns. While cleanser+moisturizer+chemical exfoliant+sunscreen will absolutely give amazing results, i still think retinol is 100% necessary for everyone once they hit their mid twenties. It is the most important anti agin tool next to sunscreen with proven results backed by decades of data. Sooner or later everyone develops wrinkles, and retinol is the only thing that will reduce them other than costly procedures. If anyone is interested there are other ingredients/tools/tips/skin concerns etc that i can discuss should someone want to be more specific

Yeah retinol is amazing but it's also important for people new to it to introduce products one at a time and slowly or else theyll just overload their skin and have some problems

This I had a really bad skin irritation when I try to do a full regiment of skin treatment. Stop for a 2weeks and build it up slowly and it help my body get use to it all

Attached: 1561661335550.jpg (600x545, 23K)

Same plus being short doesn't help

On that topic, introducing things maybe 1-2 weeks at a time is useful for identifying products that may be causing irritation and such, so i suppose i should mention the order that these should be introduced since certain products are prerequisites for eachother
>start with moisturizer
>then get a cleanser. Cleanser strips oils from your skin, causing you to overproduce it, so moisturizer is a prerequisite
>get a sunscreen. You will want a cleanser beforehand to throoughly remove it at night
>get an exfoliant last because they make you more photosensitive, so sunscreen is a prereq, and you can build up to stronger acids over time
>then if desired you can start playing around with other products and ingredients, since the basics are covered
>have your skincare down pat before using retinol, as you will be able to deal with the initial irritation that comes with it (having an aloe plant helps with any type of irritation)

If we really wanted to baby them some recommendations of products like:

Cleanser or moisturizer: stick with cerave or cetaphil as gentle as you need

Exfoliant (BHA): Something with salicylic acid, a simple one is stridex, dont get one that's a wash you need something that stays on so it can work.

AHA: Stick with a glycolic acid, there is a small break out period but that's just the exfoliant working and purging some of the debris in your skin

I dont really know a sunscreen, biore maybe?

For aha's glycolic is good for the vast majority of people, but for sensitive skin, lactic is better, at least to build tolerance. For hyper sensitive skin, mandelic is good since the molecules are huge, which means less irritation, although very few people will be this bad. I started with glycolic 7% and salicylic 2% and only had irritation the first few times. The 30% peel gave bad irritation the first few times but once i was used to it the results were amazing. As for sunscreens, ive tried quite a few, cheap and expensive, mineral and chemical, and ill list them in another post

if I don't get a proper full nights sleep I look significantly older. I end up with massive circles under my eyes and these pretty big wrinkles. Also shaving and my haircut, if I lift my hair up I look more mature and older, if I let it hand ant cover my forehead I look like a fucking schoolboy

Okay sunscreens. Remember that mineral ones instantly protect, chemical you need to wait 15 minutes before exposure. Chemical is usually cheaper and more cosmetically elegant unless you pay a lot of money
>Neutrogena UltraSheer Face
Chemical, affordable. Not too whitening, doesn't feel too greasy but not the best feeling. As long as you cleanse it shouldn't break you out unless you have an allergy
>The Ordinary Mineral UV Filters
Awful white cast, chalky, even with a clarisonic electronic brush its a bitch to get out of your skin, feels awful. Avoid like the plague. The only bad product from the Ordinary that ive tried, but its dirt cheap
>The Inkey Zinc
Mineral, no white cast, feels amazing to wear, light, everything I want in a sunscreen, BUT while the tube is cheap, it runs out super fast. Feels like its filled with air
>La Roche Posay Anthelios Mineral
Using currently. It is tinted to prevent white cast, feels fucking amazing to wear, runny consistency, super spreadable and overall is a perfect product, BUT it is pretty expensive as a result. I would highly recommend if you can afford it, or buy a cheap one for general use and this when you want to look good. The tint can temporarily stain clothes so use a non tinted one on the neck
>Cerave AM SPF 30 lotion
Chemical, feels decent to wear, no bad white cast. All around solid sunscreen
>Australian Gold Botanical Mineral Tinted SPF 50 (fragrance free version)
Going to try this next, but based on reviews it looks like it will probably offer similar benefits as the La Roche Posay one for a better price, and with greater volume, although it probably wont feel quite as cosmetically elegant.
>Ulta Tinted Mineral Lotion SPF 30
Same as above. Haven't tried it but can't wait to

why would you want to look younger? you're setting yourself up for a lifetime of strange disorders and internal suffering.

strive to look healthy, fit, and strong.

>youthful appearance isn't a sign of good health