youtu.be/zSIDRHUWlVo
youtube.com/watch?v=mMVmW0k9jZI
jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=403120
ajs.sagepub.com/content/18/4/379.short
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16790540
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18550323
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9489830
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I ran 3 seasons a year for 4 years in high school. Running is objectively the gayest shit ever.

>runner
>not permacutting

Nice b8 cardio fag running is for women and sois

I'm really happy you enjoy your hobby user. Everyone likes different things, and I can respect that. I've tried running but I just don't find it as fun as lifting weights. We all gotta do what we enjoy... life is too short not to

>fuck your joints
>constant pain in old age

>no worrying
>posts strange thread on fitness board because insecure about only doing cardio

Attached: 1562653078017.jpg (640x640, 183K)

cross country is based.

no it's really not
it's fun hanging out with your friends every day after school, but the actual running is really fucking retarded

maybe your coach was retarded than. cross country was the largest sport at my hs, and actually ran serious distances.

the best coach in the world is not going to make running any less faggy sorry

>implying that squats and deadlifts aren't far more likely to cripple you in your 20s
>but oh no I can't run, I might have bad knees when I'm 90

Attached: costanza.jpg (200x200, 6K)

what is your pr? did you even take it seriously? or were you there to mess around? I never had a better feel in my life than when I would run 6 miles in a day.

Probably fat and can't do a single pull up.

based

>strange thread on fitness board because insecure
>when 90% of Jow Forums is obsessively about lifting weights

>a board dedicated to health and fitness
>”lol why all these threads about the gym lol!”

Jesus

most of us aren't posting bait threads bragging about how totally not insecure we are

There's a whole world outside the gym, full of fit people. You might be surprised.

I’m a 35 year old boomer and I still run 3x a week. I like doing 6-10 miles at a comfy 9:00 pace and take in the scenery. Plus since I got back into it my sexual stamina has increased. I’m 6’1 200 18%BF so not a small thin sickly Jow Forums stereotype of a runner.

There’s nothing sadder than someone in their 20s getting winded going up stairs or a short hike. Even if you’re aesthetic, women will be instantly turned off. Do your cardio and don’t smoke tons of weed or cigs.

>not lifting and also running and also training your body and mind in various ways

>running
>healthy

lmaoooooooooooooooooooo
enjoy your low test, high cortisol, high inflammation, bad heart, bad joints and weak body

>not burning an extra lb of bf every 2 weeks
FAT FUCKS COPE MORE

running is the most essential human physical activity you can perform and improves on everything you just mentioned except joints (from very excessive running)

w-what happens when you run out

Facts

Not him but I only ran senior year and my mile pr is 4:17

This
We used to hunt by running our prey to exhaustion

Running is gay as hell but it’s actually good for your joints if done properly

I keep having these dreams where instead of commuting with a car I'm just running long distances without feeling tired and it feels great.
But running is boring irl.

Lol ya right u fucking pussy I can do 10 in a set unlike ur scrawny ass that can do only 5 because u got no muscle lmao seriously stop embarrassing urself

I thought you had to do cardio once, but luckily I found a paleo blog that told me it's bad for you. Weights and interval training is all you need.

Heh, dodged that bullet.

Attached: marathon_sprinter1.jpg (299x296, 19K)

ye

Attached: 513zZB8XFRL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (324x499, 30K)

>thinking the guy on the right doesnt train cardio
kill ur fucking self

He doesn’t. Sprinters literally never train cardio

guys i watched a video about how some top cyclists were so retardedly fit they had like 20 bpm and blood like syrup and they had to get up in the middle of the night to ride an exercise bike or their heartrate would drop so low they would fucking die

isn't that some wild shit

probably the same blog that told you vegetables and rice will kill you, just eat bacon and eggs bro

dkjsdkjskdjskd

you start burning other tissue, you have no choice. the cardio god will not be denied his offering.

post link

youtube.com/watch?v=hT8GZlBBv5k

Nah man, they took the health part years ago, is only fitness.

that was supposed to be to cut down on relationshit threads made under the pretense of "sexual health is still health"

needless to say it didn't work

what times did you put up

Youre not wrong, but youre also a faggot

there are people on a board dedicated to fitness that actually believe this lmao

FYI you can run and get mires. If you just lift without running you get an unathletic gymcel physique

google chronic cardio

Yeah bro and if you go to the gym once you might accidentally arnold

fpbp
t. former xcfag

Imagine not running, holy shit what a fucking waste. We’re literally designed to do it. Fuck, it’s a great way to train cardio.

Great book, even if you think running is gay

after this I read Orton's cool impossible, good shit, legit think running is great when done properly. did it wrong all through hs and uni, finally got a grip

Attached: 1_-pc8IKiSNHi3h-qtqbE9VA.png (215x324, 138K)

Imagine reading an entire fucking book to tell you to land on your forefoot

>not doing sprints too
I used to have this mindset. I lied to myself that running wasn't necessary. But after running a few miles a week, I feel better than ever.

Attached: tomcruiserunning.png (748x458, 450K)

Running is what you are left with when you take all the fun shit out of sports

>trained for one year in high school
>PR is only 30 seconds off the men's world record and like 4 seconds off the women's
Ya ok bud

>Plus since I got back into it my sexual stamina has increased
Started running this year and I noticed too.
My gf noticed BIG time, I feel like it makes my dick bigger.
> Even if you’re aesthetic, women will be instantly turned off
There's that too.

After running I feel like my hair started to get thick again.
Then I saw this image, now I want to run all the time.

Attached: cardio for hair.jpg (480x360, 34K)

is this cardio general

I'm dipping my toes into cardio and my legs seem to bottleneck my performance

when jogging, my calves give out before my lungs or heart or general malaise overcomes me

when cycling, it's my quads

i'm dyel but have lifted for long enough that I didn't think I'd have to worry about my legs

also I'm an ex-smoker/current-vaper and otherwise generally unfit

perhaps the only people i truly envy are runners, i cannot run for more than 1 1/2 minute no matter what shape im in, or if i smoked or not.

truly the hardest workout out there truly, truly

it hurts my legs, my man boobs jiggle (huge tits for a guy, i guess u could say gyno), and i run out of breath instantly

Attached: 1387235804446.jpg (571x800, 44K)

>(((running)))

Attached: B9D338AB-C6E7-42A4-AC7A-1DDC0B99C000.jpg (600x600, 26K)

Run 4x/wk starting with shprt distances. Ramp up as your calves strengthen.

sounds like EPO

>Imagine reading

Attached: 2C820EEF034C46EDA9BB7B186A5C4D65.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

I can prove it if you want

Fuckin assholes like you supporting people doing things that I don’t like are the reason I’m unhappy.

you realize 30 seconds on a mile time is huge, literally the difference between Olympians and regular joes. 4:1 7 is fast but not unobtainable by high schoolers

So what is properly? Heel to toe, right?

running is honestly 90% genetics, there was a kid at my hs who went to state finals all 4 years for the mile and didnt start running until the year before hs, and ran in the same pair of shoes for the first 3 years.

if you can do it barefoot then it's proper for you, I don't recall homo erectus owning a pair of Nike Pegasus

Attached: 1559003453929.png (500x316, 38K)

>legit think running is great when done properly
spill the beans faggot
what's the right way

Objectively based, not only is running shit for aesthetics, but doing it competitively is hell on earth; both boring and painful

Fair enough, I suppose. But running barefoot isn't practical. Should I develop a technique by running in a gym and just consciously force it when I run? And why would shoes cost a hundo to make me worse at something?

proper cadence
youtu.be/Hg2kAul79so
technique
youtu.be/XaYQwq6TnXY
on top of that get a hold of the cool impossible, it is a strange read as Orton casts you in the book but the foot/leg/upper body exercises are priceless, I can't do the static slant board exercises for more than a minute. you don't have to have his special slant board, just have a piece of something at a 45° angle

run barefoot on grass as it is socially acceptable, for shoes get shoes with as little sole or heel, buzzword is 'zero drop'. you don't need running shoes, nike built their entire empire on selling something that's not needed the two dudes who started it are jokes. I run and lift (dead, squat, bench) in converse Chucks or knock off variants. the whole heel support is bunk

Attached: prefontaine-3.jpg (1024x576, 205K)

Erectus walks amongst us

Gotcha. A lifted heel is unnatural, that makes sense. Thank fren.

Thank you, too user.

sure thing user.

Attached: NL8nbZF.gif (245x245, 1.78M)

This motherfucker knows what he’s talking about, Dr. Mark Cucuzzella, and he demonstrates barefoot
youtu.be/zSIDRHUWlVo

weightlifting shoes are definitely not bunk, but i agree with everything else

Dr. Cuckzilla lol fgt

Forgot to mention it gives you cancer and aids, trust me guys I just know.

Attached: tenor (3).gif (498x338, 3.52M)

Casually lifting and playing sports is best lifestyle. You’re aesthetic without looking like you’re trying too hard

You're literally running through grass when there's a road right there dude. You're obviously NOT chilling.

I used to run 4 miles each way to work and it was nice. Sometimes I'd outrun traffic for quite awhile.

Based

>I posted it again, mom!

>Running
>Healthy

Runfags will try and deny this but running has one of the highest injury rates of any sport. We're talking about 20-80% a year.

It's just a matter of time until you get the snap pop crack and break a toe, tear an ACL, destroy a knee, shred your hamstring or whatever.Then you'll have surgery and whatever rehab bullshit and be hobbling around half-assed forever from age 25.

Oh, yeah, and your skin will age massively from the chronic UV exposure until you become one of the 1 in 4 white people to die of melanoma.

Running itself has cardio benefits, sure, but there are dozens of less impactful, less dangerous ways of getting that cardio otherwise

>like doing 6-10 miles at a comfy 9:00 pace
Wow you are as slow as me.
T. 45 year old boomer

i always run after working out. Conan the barbarian soundtrack is good for running.

youtube.com/watch?v=mMVmW0k9jZI

Attached: wheel.jpg (900x395, 242K)

If it isn't beating the women's world record, it's not very impressive for a man.
30 seconds is a lot for a mile.

I sometime like to do the sayotama challenge from time to time. I just did yesterday, running 10 km in less around an hour, not counting breaks in between (break so every 2.5 km)
At every break I do 20 push-ups, squat and abs, which in total makes 100 of those 3 category.

Am I going to make it guys ? I’m a lurker.

Lmao I was walking my dog in this park and there was a cross country meet. 95% of the kids just looked like freshmen who were waking. I even saw this 4’9” Chinese dude sit down on the ground.

Makes me feel good I can run 3 miles straight without stopping even though I had severe asthma as a kid. Might not ever be a marothon runner but I believe cardio is important.

>20 pushups
>pushups
>making it
user....

>muh ruined knees

jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=403120
>We did not find an increased prevalence of osteoarthritis among the runners. Our observations suggest, within the limits of our study, that long-duration, high-mileage running need not be associated with premature degenerative joint disease in the lower extremities.

ajs.sagepub.com/content/18/4/379.short
>a lifetime of long distance running at mileage levels comparable to those of recreational runners today is not associated with premature osteoarthrosis in the joints of the lower extremities

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16790540
>Long-distance running might even have a protective effect against joint degeneration

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18550323
>Long-distance running among healthy older individuals was not associated with accelerated radiographic OA. These data raise the possibility that severe OA may not be more common among runners.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9489830
>The presence of radiographic hip OA and the progression of radiographic knee OA was similar for older runners and nonrunners.

Nice job repeating the old broscience. Most injuries have nothing to do with the knee, and if it is the knee, it has to do with people heel striking with shit cadence. This corresponds to 60% of runners. How many runners are injured per year? Approximately 60%. Hmm....

this

Many athletes do that as their pre-warm up exercise just to wake up prior to their actual warm-up. Any slightly fit person can easily do the OPM workout no issues.

What kind on retard breaks a toe or tears an ACL running in a straight line? and have you never heard of a hat or sunscreen? Jesus your argument are fucking dumb. Most running injuries are from idiots over striding and heel striking in heel lifted, cushy (((shoes))). Running is very safe if you do it right

that sounds fit as hell user keep it up.