Exercising for fencing?

Hi Jow Forums,

Kissless virgin betazoid here. I do fencing (rapier) fighting in the SCA and it's one of the few things I'm naturally good at.

I've made some friends and even earned a little respect, which was a great feeling.

Recently this one girl there has started talking to me and I'm really excited because she's super cute. 5 foot 1, 110ish lbs, super long black hair, weeb, cute glasses. Everything I need desu.

I want to get really good at this sport and progress but I've hit a wall in my fitness. Thankfully im not overweight (I'm 5 foot 11, 165 lbs). I want to get better at fencing....but know nothing about exercise.

What would you guys recommend?

We do a lot of lunges, quick movements, shoulders, wrists, forearms etc.

Please help me on my quest to lose my virginity. My plan is to fight in her honor at the next big tournament. At the start of the fights they announce your name and say who/what you're fighting for, then you fight.

Will post pics if I win.

Attached: Fencer.jpg (363x409, 36K)

idk what will help with your fencing shit but good luck bro

It sounds like if you do squats, deadlifts,benchpress, OHP and other compound movements would be the best to help your overall strenght. Also good luck and nice dubs

Attached: 1560144434486.jpg (604x453, 60K)

Thanks guys. I think what I need the most is to be faster with my movements. I'm kind of stalling out and the better guys are catching me. I need to crush them all with max, sonic level speed...but also be strong enough (another issue) to push the enemies blades off line when they attack me. I've had a few big guys (for you) just straight up destroy me because I simply could not get out of the way.

I'll look into the 5x5 stuff (I think that's what your suggesting)

>rapier
Is it played as an epee?

Calisthenics and cardio.

We do thrusts, draw cuts and tip cuts. I play another game called Cut & Thrust which has percussive cuts as well.

>My plan is to fight in her honor
Holy shit that is based. What a based sport
Anyway, endurance (and mobility?) is probably most important for this sport, since it's not HEMA strength is, I imagine, secondary. But this is always good advice.

Probably grip strength, quad strength, good hip flexibility, and lots of cardio. Good luck on landing the girl, kind sir *tips*

Power cleans. They build full body explosiveness, should help with your lunge.

I meant: are the rules and the target the same as epee? Just curious. I was a fencer (foil), but I never saw a rapier.

Wow! first time I see a thread were everybody is being nice for once.

Adding to the suggestions:

- Weighted farm walks (don´t really know if there is a "weightless" form, but just to make it clear)

- dumbbell raise

- Rotator cuff exercices (considering you lunge forward quite a lot with your arm extended, so this is more of a "don´t fuck your shit up" maintenance exercise to avoid injuries in the future.

Fence more
Also do squats, jumping squats and cardio. Do compound movements for general strength
t. foil fencer (going fencing tonight)

>My plan is to fight in her honor at the next big tournament. At the start of the fights they announce your name and say who/what you're fighting for

Do NOT do this. This is like that fucking nerdy dipshit that did a dance for a girl in his dance class. Dont you fucking do it guy, dont you fucking do it.

Or if you do do it record the whole thing so we can have some cringe kino

Bro, this is the SCA we're talking about. Do you really think fighting in a maiden's honor is foreign to them?

Like most people say, squats and explosive/power exercises. I'd do some HIIT.

Listen to this guy about your rotator cuff. Shit I wish I knew about when I began exercise. If only, if only.

>Do you really think fighting in a maiden's honor is foreign to them?

No but maidens are

Attached: 1359794526598.png (673x604, 407K)

Did HEMA for 6 years.

Its all legs and shoulders. DEEP squats and all the shoulder exercises you can do.

Look up threaded lunges and work up to do those with stiff fencing style linge positions (don’t lunge into it).

Funny enough i did lose my
Virginity because of HEMA.

Oh yea and the clean and jerk and the snatch if you want to be god mode but take it easy and start small.

>My plan is to fight in her honor at the next big tournament.
Only Chad can do this, and even then only barely. Say you're fighting for some charity and encurage people to donate or some other normie shit. IDK man I just thought, hey I'm fucked in the head so what would I do and what's the opposite of that? Well, I'd fight for Hitler so maybe some charity for handicapped kinds or niggers is the opposite of that?

Are you the same guy that made two threads about shoulder injury?

I had that shit happened to me (not even lifting, just bouncing on some stupid trampoline and falling in a weird way, long story, got to fuck the girl I tried to impress anyway)

I was in pain for 1 month. But the kind of pain that is more annoying than painfull, but a pain nonetheless, that keeps you awake at night, since you can´t lie down and rest.

Next month I could sleep, but had to stay really still, like a mummy, the slightest movement would trigger the pain and wake me up.

on the third month I could dance again (yes, I´m a salsa dancer) without getting my shit fucked up since it involves a lot of weird arm movements sometimes.

I would have probably recovered sooner if I had stopped dancing but it took 6 months in total for a complete recovery.

Mistakes I made:

- taking painkillers for everything besides sleep (the pain gets worse after the effect of the painkillers wears off)

- Not waiting untill full recovery (maybe if I waited for 4 months instead of 3 I would have healed sooner)

- But most important, trying to do a backflip after 15 years without warming up properly just to get to fuck a girl in the ass and let me cum inside her.

5’1” 110 lbs is that the new standard for Amerilards? She should be 5’10” at that weight.

Whole lotta this. Too fencing crossover exercise.

Be warned that fencing is like ju jutsu if someone has studied it for years they WILL destroy you. Simply because they know so much more.

So many beginners get frustrated they never catch up with me and quit. Its all progress. Everyone is getting better.

Heya I've never done epee, but in SCA we target the full body. Instant death if hit in the head/throat/torso/groin/armpit/inner thigh.

If hit in a limb you lose the limb. lose both limbs and you're out. :-)

This, please listen to him OP ffs

This is something you can only do if you're already a chad and are clearly joking

Don't do that shit

>Funny enough i did lose my
>Virginity because of HEMA.

Good on you user. Did he treat you nice?

I can confirm that this is a good analogy

t. fenced sabre in college and did jiu-jitsu for a year or so

Incidentally those are also the only two sports where I have blown my knee out so be careful

>5'1
>110lb
Don't date fatties user it's not worth it

I am that guy who made two threads about shoulder injury, I didn't think anyone paid attention to that shit

happened to me last March and it still hurts much as ever. I think I overhead pressed too much.

Shes super small with nice titties, I don't think she looks even slightly chubby desu.

I think you guys are trolling but if not, I'm not sure what you think is skinny. 90lbs would be like a little girl given her current build.

Ladder drills and skipping for footwork, probably battle ropes and kettlebell swings for the areas you want to work on for upper body, and sprints and jogging for endurance.
Honestly that's probably it. Adding bulk would be a detriment.
Kek

This shit looks fun, I bet it's expensive as fuck tho.

Are you fucking kidding me? I’m the furthest from a blue-haired screeched but 110 at 5’1”? There is nothing wrong with that. I bet she’s hot af and OP is gonna fucking make it. You bes be trollin cuz I’d hate to actually have someone as retarded as you exist in the world.

Attached: 255225D6-22BF-494E-8536-7DB03039A3A6.jpg (600x536, 37K)

*screecher

Attached: 9AA04642-62A0-46AE-843D-6308528055CD.jpg (500x450, 76K)

Don't do this unless you're sure you will win

A lot of functional and band related excercises that work body in other planes (not just the frontal plane)