5k Times

>be me
>never run >1 mi in my life
>DYEL runner friend asks me to fill in for him on morning of 5k race
>i wear his bib and finish my first 5k in 19:05

How did I do, Jow Forums?

Is this good for a first-timer?

Attached: sage-canaday-en-transvulcania-2014-fotos-mayayo-2.jpg (741x877, 134K)

no its horrible actually

Good if above 22yo.

i'm 27 y/o

That's a good time for your age, for untrained.

I imagine that you were the 30th percentile (30% slower).

If you live in the USA most states require high school PE to make you run. The only people who didn’t want to run were fatties
So you’re either a larping fat fuck, you’re underaged or you don’t live in the USA like almost all 50 states require a high schooler to run a 9 min mile even all the way down to middle school
So stop larping
>I’ve never run
Bullshit you wouldn’t of graduated HS then
So pick
1) fat fuck attention larp on a lonely Friday
2) underaged (reported)

Pick you fucking faggot

>high school PE

found the poor public school kid

>found the home schooled anime enthusiast who never went to high school to experience emotional mile stones and gets mad when high school is ever mentioned cause he had to chill with his mom for his formative years

>almost all 50 states require a high schooler to run a 9 min mile

This isn't even remotely true. Kys.

Attached: 5kvuv.jpg (399x291, 13K)

you must've gone to a shit school.

never had or heard of a requirement to run a 9 min mile before you can graduate high school.

>the fat kid who didn’t want to run cause his knees be hurtin

>> this

The fatty cope is real and weird poor projection flex? Wtf /fit is trash now. And I grew up in New Jersey and they also made us run in grade school but it was a 12 min mile. I guess we fatter here

I've been running a 5k 4x per week for the past 3 years and my record is a 24:34. My average is prob around 26.5.

would someone really do this? make up a story to post on the internet?

Kilometers? I'm not a European homosexual.

>did my first 5K
>took over half an hour
>age grade of just 40%

JDIMSA

Attached: a09.png (772x804, 479K)

All imperial units are defined in terms of SI units. Even NASA uses SI now. Get with the times boomer.

I find it suspect that a non-runner would find a pic of sage for the op

Either a liar or sage shilling himself

>Jow Forums is trash now

Except if this were Jow Forums pre-zoomer, you’d be laughed out of the board for defending cardio. Stop larping you fucking skelly

>you must've gone to a shit school
I wish my school gave a shit about actually getting us to stop being skinnyfat retards, I might have actually sorted my shit out a lot sooner

>gives running advice
>almost all advice comes out shit
>continues to fail at his own goals
>cannot practice what he preaches
Why is Sage so shit?

I went to public high school in the us and never had to pass a fitness exam

I dont know what school you went to. I went to a nigger/spic school in Texas, and PE didn't require you to do anything, 75% of the kids just sat around for 45 minutes...

Not bad at all. My first time I got roped into running a 5k that I thought I was just working at, and had similar results.

Lol you’re incredibly wrong, I used to walk the mile in high school because I was such a lazy fat fuck and my pe teacher always just gave me an A anyways.

>all 50 states require a 9 minute mile

Complete bullshit.

Jesus what man? How the fuck do you not improve? Or were you just a fat fuck to start and you have improved a lot?

>you’d be laughed out of the board for defending cardio

scooby frowns upon you

I was overweight and a chain smoker, yes

Turn one of those into a 10k, turn another into mile repeats, and keep the other two as tempo runs where you only go about 80% effort, and watch your 5k time plummet.

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately I ended up developing tendonitis in my left ankle last November, couldn't run at all and was physically limping for 2 months, and now struggle to even run a 5k twice in a week. I'm trying different strategies suggested by physical therapists but the healing has totally plateau'd. Feels bad man.