How much did you bench the first time?

>5'9
>150lbs

Started going to the gym this week, never lifted before. My 1 rep max on the bench was 160lbs.

Everyone i know benches 200lbs+....
Am i weak or does bench progress really fast?
How long will it take me to hit 2 plates?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/bench-press
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The first time I benched I think I struggled with something like 115 lbs. It's still my hardest lift to make progress on

>5'9

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: goldface.jpg (273x265, 33K)

>using goldface meme unironically to express yourself
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm still growing though

70lb for 5
Now 230lb for 5
You have to start somewhere user

manlet cope

very first time? I believe 95 lbs. I could've done heavier but wanted to focus on form

I benched like 100lb first time
You're obly benching 50lb more because your rom is like 1 cm, m'garden-gnome

My ape-index is like +3 inches sadly...

Literally like 95 for a few reps
I thought 165 was impressive

Attached: catt56.png (1042x772, 1.4M)

Benched only 100kg and curled 50kg, boy was i embarrassed

tell me more about your quarter rep with that 160 first time

85. Up to 150 now

90 lbs, but I weighed 60.

the bar (45lbs) for 8 reps then i couldnt get it up and had to roll it off my stomach lol

Just because someone is average/short height doesn't mean they also have t-rex limbs, actually. I'm a manlet but have long as fuck lanky kong arms.

I didn't have a spotter so a quarter rep would be impossible right? My form wasn't perfect though, i didn't arch my back and use my feet.

Like 135 or something, yours is a good bench for a beginner, we all have lifts we are suited to

they're literally thinking about dwarfism if you're under.. is it 6'2 nowadays?

7'2, get with the times boomer

How much weight should i add every week?
5-10lbs?

That's pretty good desu

wtf? it wasn't meant to be like this

OH NO NO NO NO NO THE FUCKING MANLET
HAHAAHAHAHH PUT ME IN THE SCREEN CAP LADS

Is this thread satire. Please tell me it's satire

Attached: cry.jpg (300x287, 13K)

Hitting 2pl8 the first time you're lifting isn't that unheard of if you've worked blue collar jobs for a year or two, but if you're a skelly office drone 1pl8 plus some is decent too.

I don't understand? Are my lifts bad or good, i read online that the average man can bench his BW but the average man is much heavier than me.

>I didn't have a spotter so a quarter rep would be impossible right?
no, what I meant by that is that you cut the range of motion short and didn't bring the bar all the way down to the chest to actually make it count as a rep.

Ooh sorry, i let the bar just hit under my nipples but just for a second, i didn't let all the weight hang on my chest after that i completely extended my arms and locked-out my elbows.

How long do i have to keep the bar on my chest to count as a full rep?

150lbs isn't bad for your first time. Keep at it as you're going to enjoy the novice effect over the next three months or so and pack on strength like you never will again.

I started at 135lbs a few years back, now recently hit a 330 1RM.

How much more do you weigh now?

HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU BENCH MORE THAN 30KG WITHOUT EVER LIFTING IN YOUR LIFE I CAN BARELY MOVE 20KG OVERHEAD PRESS/ BICEPS CURL WITH HORRIFIC FORM

An above bodyweight bench on the first day is really good. It doesn't matter if your bodyweight is low because you're not using a larger mans body to push the weight.

It's just a weak troll

As we can see, a beginner lift after one month at 150 lbs is 92 lbs

After 3-6 months it's 132

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/bench-press

ngmi, first time I touched a barbell I was benching180lbs for 3x5 reps, although my form was horrible

I really don't want to brag but i have a pretty large frame. My wrists are around 8 inches, forearms close to 14. So my OHP was 1 pl first time, but i can't even squat that weight.

In high school, I was 6'4 275 lbs. I was fat and had almost no muscle mass. I couldn't bench 90 lbs. Just focus on form and the weight will come with time.

>can't squat 1pl8
I really REALLY hope you meant couldn't

>62.5 kilos first time
>I weighed 62 kilos
>72.5 kilos 3.5 weeks later
>I weigh 64 kilos now

6', weigh 165
Only been weightlifting for 6ish weeks. I started real low to make sure the form was good--I think like 65lbs or so. I'm still only at 125, and I'm afraid my plateau is going to be around 1pl8, but whatever.

IS THAT A GOD DAMN TDKR REFERENCE?

>go straight for 1RM
>ree how do I progress

>go for 1RM
>base a % of 1rm 5/3/1 program off of it

What’s wrong with that?

This

>5'9"
>134 lbs
>105

I was 240lbs and couldn't bench 90lbs on my first day

people need to stop associating weight with strength

4rm was 85lbs.

Bench 2pl8 for 3RM now at 165lbs. Just have to keep grinding away.

There is no way someone untrained is benching 150lbs their first time ever unless they have a shit ROM

6'2 168lbs
95lbs for 8 I believe
haven't barrbell benched ina while but I can get 80lbs dumbbells 5 times on a flat bench

OP here, let's say i did it with good ROM and it was 160lbs. Is this such an anomaly that i could get into elite weightlifting? This thread literally boosted the shit out of my ego, ngl.

Started as a 6'3 obeast with 2 reps at one plate. Was my best initial big lift but has had the slowest progress since.

someone post that deadlift guy who has a insanely squashed torso

I believe the first time I did bench was in the military. I remember I did 60kg for some reps. I had some sport background and had done some push ups occasionally. Then I got my bench to 75kg in the coming 6 months there. After that a few years when I didn't do gym. And then a year ago I actually started really going to the gym. My bench max now is 80kg but I don't really do it anymore.
I guess I had decent beginner weight but it's so fucking hard for me to progress on it. Meanwhile half the zoomers at my gym are benching 2plates

I used to tape cans of beans together and press them. I think my PB was 4 cans on each bean dumbell.

I loaded 40 kilos and started repping, died at the 8th rep. Now I bench 85kg for 5 reps and it feels even more pathetic. Such is life on the eternal cut, never get fat, boys.

Attached: mike wazowski deadlift.webm (640x360, 1.15M)

oh come on that's cheating

Of all the things that didn't happen on Jow Forums, this didn't happen the most.

>Am i weak or does bench progress really fast?
This is not an either/or. Nobody gives a fuck about your potential. You are weak, and bench progresses quickly.

Yeah, fuck sumo

First time ever, 80. I'm pretty sure my dad kept it that low to mock me about it to make himself feel important. He wouldn't let me go up and when I started lifting on my own I realized I was much stronger.

6 months ago 6'4 181 lbs benching 85 lbs
now 205 lbs benching 200 lbs

My younger brother benched 135x5 reps the first time I took him to a gym.
Can't remember what I did first time benching, but it was probably 45x5x5 because SL

Lamar Gant?

Attached: lamar-gant-deadlift.jpg (680x480, 109K)

first time; 90-95lbs
current PR is like 135?

I weight 150ish 5'5". I really only want to get up to body weight was my goal but I am stalling out hard. I need to eat and lift more :"{

Really good strarting weight. It will take you probably like 5 months ez pz.

so it was you're first time benching every and you decide to max without a spotter?

Attached: gortat2.png (1001x1087, 1.99M)

motherfuckin' filename. Also checked.

Attached: 1539441693181.gif (290x189, 1.04M)

>2019
>benching
That's pretty cringe.

I started put doing 60lbs as a skelly
I'm up to 215 for 4 now because I couldn't get the fifth rep up and had to get some guy to save me
That's what I get for not going at night like I usually do.

Attached: 1562091634600.jpg (490x473, 28K)

i think i was a doing 1 plate for 3x10 reps when i was 15. I plateaued out at 1 plate and a 35. It never really increased due to poor nutrition, lack of understanding, drive, and just highschool not giving a fuck about lifting. I did it as a p.e. class. That being said it was the most educational class i probably ever took in terms of fitness. The fucking football coach would tell us about how his friends from highschool that became meth heads and if we wanted to become fucking meth heads. College athletes would come in and workout and talk to us. Shit was the best i miss it alot bros. The football coach who did the class was so into fitness he had to get a surrogate cause he didn't want his wife to ruin her body. Shit was nuts.