Zercher squat, yay or nay?

Zercher squat, yay or nay?

Also give me your other unusual lifts

Attached: zercher-squat-1.jpg (580x310, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5lnOwlRmR0g?t=127
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you couldnt pay me enough to make me do this memelift, that shit will destroy your tendons

pointless horse shit. just do goblet squats you faggot.

What do they exactly accomplish that fromt and back squats dont? Only thing I've ever found was training under oxygen deprivation

Obviously you don't load it with 200 kg, also you can use some pads on the bar.

give me one (1) reason to do this stupid memelift instead of front squats

I don't have a squat rack in my home gym

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Then clean the damn bar and do front squats instead of this meme exercise

build one yourself with a couple staircases

I don't have enough wrist moblity for front squats, also it would be hard and dangerous to clean appropriate squat weight

my bicep tendons hurt only seeing the picture

how would you even get bar in position to do jerkoff squats without a rack?

>hard and dangerous to clean appropriate squat weight
Lmao you should be able to clean your front squat 5 rep max

I do these instead of regular squats since regular back squats fuck up my hips.
Right now im squatting 120kgs for reps (5s) and my upperback and legs have never felt stronger.
And i have no biceps problems whatsoever

post body

youtu.be/5lnOwlRmR0g?t=127

>get told to post body for stating a fact
Why? Its common that your clean should be about 85% of your front squat 1RM. Google "front squat to clean ratio". 85% of a 1RM is probably pretty close to most folks 5RM.

Jefferson deadlifts ftw!

>never do an unconventional lift or you’ll instantly die

lmao jointlets mad

looks extremely stressful for your elbow join

I like to do barbell hack squats.

I do bottoms up kettlebell presses. They look weird, but they’re great for helping to build your shoulder stabilizers and prevent shoulder impingement. I also superset them in with barbell rows so it was easy to put in my workout.

He’s not wrong, my clean 1RM is more or less the same as my front squat 5RM. That being said, cleaning into front squats is not that great in practice.

Forgot pic.

Attached: 9FCFD0DC-FFCD-428D-B1E2-76450DE8F583.jpg (740x574, 25K)

I really dig em. Hip squats are good. For people whose hips tend to shoot up in the squat, due to leverages or w/e, squats don’t always seem to improve squatting. So you have to specifically attack the legs by taking the back out of the equation. In other words, you need to get the weight lower, closer to the hips.
Seriously, best squat builder, by far.

They hit quads pretty hard, but they're pretty shallow, but that probably depends on your build.

Seal Rows

I do these with dumbbells, they hit upper back pretty good

This is the only squat variation I do because I'm a poorfag and I don't have a rack. They'll bruise your elbows and make you light-headed but it's a heck of an exercise for the back and quads.

Who has 100+Kg dumbbells lmao
Goblet squats are based for learning good squat form but you hit the ceiling pretty quickly unless you're doing sets of 30.

They also hit the upper traps because the bar is trying to pull your elbows down.