/owg/ olympic weightlifting general

rekindled edition
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/

How to get into oly
>look for coaches locally

post routines
post recent prs

Attached: vghbj.jpg (1050x550, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FZCaT_i1fgQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1539596129309.png (545x285, 18K)

Attached: tm oly.png (539x439, 20K)

>power

That's gonna be a "yikes" from me dawg

Attached: nrc-kono_sm[1].jpg (159x200, 13K)

Currently on the Kono prep course, will move onto the Kono power course followed by Pendlay's beginner course to maxxx those gains. Currently 75/100 but I'm trying to go at least 80/110 in oktober.

Attached: Screenshot_20190708-183400.png (1080x2520, 443K)

I've recently barely missed a 77,5kg snatch in a random maxout session so I'm confident, I can pull 80kg high enough already so we'll see. I can back squat 150+ and front squat 130+ deep for a single but I'm too afraid of getting low. It's easier from the hang but competition lifts start from the ground. Missed a 75kg press after making a solid 70kg press. Push pressed a solid 90kg afterwards (more push than press) but missed 95kg at the sticking point. Been doing a lot of powercleans which have given me a thicker back, but I've lost some cleaning skill so I haven't made PR's yet. I'm going foe weekly "soft maxes" in the classic lifts next to my mass/power programs, which have priority for the next three months. The results will hopefully be there, but I won't be in time to "taper" for the october meet I'm afraid. The big PR's are planned for november/december.

How can I achieve this mode?

Attached: Tommy-Kono-BB.jpg (350x554, 18K)

do overhead squats or even snatch balance ( youtube.com/watch?v=FZCaT_i1fgQ )
have great genetics, eat very well , lift and do PEDs

There were no PED's in the US in the early fifties. They came around 1960 and started with Bill March and Doc Ziegler.

what they want u to think

Steroids weren't illegal back then so they have no reason to lie about it. They were seen as supplements and not everyone believed they worked when they first came out. Even Bill Starr admitted to using them for a short time.

Of course they have reasons to lie about it
Idiots like you buy their programs because muh natty gains

dont be rude

>tfw hit new maxes yesterday
bw: 96kg
c&j: 105kg -> 110kg
snatch: 80kg -> 87kg
back squat: 140kg -> 145kg
the jerk was sloppy and the back squat was weak (i've done 5x3 with 140kg in the past). i will conquer these long limbs and hit a 100kg snatch one day.

But they're dead and the programs are free

Goodnm for you buddy, 200kg total soon!

Anyone have any experience coming back from a herniated disc? How did you recover?
Have some sciatica from it so I've been only doing exercises that don't bother it.

>Overhead squats

Attached: overhead squats.jpg (640x480, 54K)

Will I look aesthetic from doing nothing but Oly? I'm eating to get big to keep getting strong but is that enough to look like I lift?

No.

Bodyweight?

wtf clarece snatched 190 2 years ago sneaky basterd

PRd my jerk from the rack today. 110kgs.

BW 81,2 (down from 82 a few months ago when my last C&J was 106)

Clean pulls at 110 3x3 felt decent. My max FS is 130 so should be on track to hit 110 in comp this september, which would be a 10kg PR in the C&J since the same meet last year.

Should I just accept that I'll never look good doing just weightlifting? I imagine adding some aesthics work will blow up my recovery and distract from my weightlifting training.

Attached: 1560620383752.jpg (738x415, 83K)

bread n butter bodybuilding is important too, look at the chinese

just do it AFTER your main workout

He also cnj 222.5 recently. Why doesn't he compete? He could win some titles. Too lazy to get past the tests?

>Should I just accept that I'll never look good doing just weightlifting?

It's a pill we all have to swallow my guy.

You will look pretty fucking jacked.
In ten years.

he doesnt like the politics involved

lol nice excuse

i mean he does say its about how certain countries get away w sterons and others dont

So he wants Ireland to be able to get away with steroids?

bullshit federation rules last i recall, also he stance on peds

>Why doesn't he compete?
Similar reasons to Girthbrooks

Attached: girthbrooks6.png (479x472, 363K)

Tough pill. I can't mog people with my physique, and most normies will never understand that a 200kg combined makes you pretty decent, since the numbers are HUGE like powerlifting. This is the path I've selected

Attached: 1557398844173.jpg (840x854, 551K)

New to weightlifting. Current PR's are 60kg on snatch and 80kg on C&J.
Starting to get the hang of cleans but on snatches my every other workout is complete shit and the other is decent.
Snatch from the pocket is fine but if I try to start from lower I just keep banging the bar frontwards and do these foot long bunny jumps.

well you'll have to ask him

ireland doesn't have state sponsored doping program. pretty much all the countries who have made it consistently to the top 8 ranking in. snatch and c&j have state sponsored doping programs.

Yeah senpai. I'm looking into adding some assistance work myself because I've plateued in my BW and strength. But I too am afraid to add too much and ruin recovery. I guess the optimal way is to do more volume work during non competition season and switch out the snatch and clean and jerk with lower intensity complexes to preserve technique while not fatiguing the muscles.

The friends I have that are jacked looking and do weightlifting have trained for a long time before and switched to WL later in life, or have trained WL since they were kids.

I think what he's saying is bullshit. No country gets away with roids. Ilya was a golden boy and the IWF ruined his career

Realised my leg strength is dogshit and I've only got so far because of stretch reflex

IOC*

haha

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

snatch high pulls cured my problem with that. you need to focus on pulling high and tight to the body. work with weights that let you get 2-3 quality pulls to high height. possibly go 2+1 high pull+psnatch to emphasize pull height and complete lift

It's all politics

I missed the 2018 championship. Why did he compete at 96 and not 89? He would have mogged everyone at 89 easily

>Bulgaria in the 70s-80s
>Russia from 60s-80s
>China forever
>basically every country with internationally podium competitive lifters
u r dummy

hes bulking and 89 isnt an olympic class

-89 isn't an olympic contested men's class. china does not give a care if it isn't olympics. all of the non-olympic classes had massively less competition compared to the olympic classes

89 isn't in the olympics besides he mogs everyone in 96 except Moradi but he's snapped up at the moment.

>Bulgaria
Zlatev, Blagoev and Hristov got caught
>Russia
Shitloads got cauht
>China
Liao Hui and Liu Chunhong got caught
Even without these names, the point is that just because you don't get caught, doesn't mean they're protecting you. Sometimes you just don't get caught

These are bad. You should be doing snatch + cnj every day

it is a supertotal program

A what?

supertotal routine

What is the purpose?

to increase ur supertotal and to cover all bases

I don't understand. What's the put of all those accessory shit when a beginner still needs to learn the technique? Those will just get in the way

who said it was for beginner

They look like they're for a beginner, even if they aren't they're still more complicated than they need to be. If you want to get better at snatch and cnj, then do more snatch and cnj

how do they look like beginner

>Supertotal

This is too much autism even for this board.

If you're advanced, you wouldn't be following a routine that be written as cleanly and tidy as that, it would be much more complicated and person specific, set up by a qualified coach

who says

also its not the whole program as there is a week 2 and there is periodisation

I'll try that. Thanks.

why do you have to shit on programs anyway their just ideas not a fucking thing thats gonna be enshrined into law lol

cat caght ur tounge lol??

>Even without these names, the point is that just because you don't get caught, doesn't mean they're protecting you.
Just because you get caught doesn't mean they were protecting you
Their national testing is a joke so they're only really tested in international competitions. And years ago russkies even had holes through which they could transport clean piss.

no one who's great at weightlifting has ever limited themselves to snatch/c&j/squats/pulls. they all do bodybuilding for strength and injury prevention

New to the sport, thinking about adding in some strict pressing and push pressing at the end of my workouts.

Is there a need to balance it with a vertical pull (i.e. pullups)?

this is some supreme autism

My brother once added 5kg to his snatch by doing pull ups and dips (and not snatching). So I'd say yeah if your lats need work.

I've been doing weightlifting for almost eight (8) years now, and this year is the first time I've ever hit 300 points. I feel that I can definitely get stronger and improve my technique after all this time, and that it's motsly about personal motivation, and peripheral things like work and how often I get blackout drunk on the weekends. Next year I'll aim for a medal in nationals, and I really look forward to putting some effort in

That's a long time user, snatch/C&J?

that is most likely not the sole reason for your brother increasing his snatch my mate

that said, you should definitely be doing pullups/rows to avoid looking like a twink

My best snatch in comp is 104 and clean and jerk 127. This time I did 100 (missed 105)/127 at a bw of 69,4. I severely misjudged my bw and fasted far too hard the days before the competition

My biggest weakness is technique, that said my upper back is normally pretty fried after just doing the classics and variants.

I just want to pursue a decent press/push-press without having to add anymore pulling volume and limiting my recovery.

Well I told him to pull faster and stay over the bar so there's that.

Get stronk and increase workload so you don't get sore from a few snatches and clean and jerks.

A 227 total is very good being that light, keep it up!

how DARE you say my posts are supreme autism i freakin made the thread you dummy

In'shallah brothers.

Attached: Absolutely HALAL.webm (700x394, 2.94M)

Now that Moradi likely won't be going to Tokyo 2020 I really hope that Iran sends Rostami instead.

i wouldn't say a 200kg total is HUGE unless you're a small woman or a tiny guy.
220-240 total is decent for an average amateur

Big F for Moradi. Sad that he won't be there to contest Tian Tao. They were so exciting to watch at Ashgabat

Isn't Rostami super salty about the Iranian federation or something? I remember reading about some drama

Also he'd get destroyed. Class changes weren't kind to him