/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

>Hobbitlifting edition

APPROVED INTERMEDIATE to ADVANCED PROGRAMS

>Bro Tier (trying hard, having sex, loving life required)
5th Set (great for late intermediates)
5/3/1 (read 2nd Edition, then Beyond or Forever)
-- 531 with FSL/SSL 5x5 (moron proof)
-- 531 1000% Awesome (for early Intermediates)
-- Beyond 531 (training maximally for strength)
-- Leviathan (heavy single every session)
-- 531 for Hardgainers (hypertrophy)
-- Build the Monolith (hypertrophy)
-- Boring But Big (hypertrophy)
-- 351 for Powerlifting
-- Coffinworm (great for strength)
-- Advanced 531 (simple and great for strength)
Westside for Skinny Bastards
Madcow Intermediate (great for early intermediates)
Destroy the Opposition (J. Lewis)
Cube Kingpin
The Cube (+ Predator)
Conjugate (max effort + dynamic + repetition)
Spotoshot (bench only)
Texas Method 4-day Split Model from PPST.
Juggernaut Method 2.0 (a more periodized 5/3/1)

>Nerd Tier (must have high IQ)
RTS Generalized Intermediate
RTS Emerging Strategies
Nuckols Average to Savage
Nuckols 28 Free
GZCL
TSA 9 Week
HLM (Heavy Light Medium)
Blevins Skynet AI
Juggernaut AI
Sheiko (for meet prep, don't break your dick)

>Meme Tier (might work if you love memes)
Hepburn x Sheiko Blend (Tan Slacks blog)
Candito 6 Week
Texas Method 3-Day
Texas Method Trappy Version (homo)
The Bridge
Smolov Jr.
Bulgarian/Bugenhagen Method
Slavic Swole
nSuns 5/3/1 (written by a 1200 lb totaling Redditor)
Hepburn "Power and Pump"
Programming 2 Win (by Jack Black)

>Optimal Tier (for gay, contrarian nerds)
Barbell Medicine

>Retard Cuck-Tier
PH3 (need a tourniquet to choke yourself, and it has a 100% injury rate)

*all of these programs work (except PH3), but the effort and attitude of the athlete is most important

Attached: 1470511854884.webm (985x666, 2.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/LS4tzNc
youtube.com/watch?v=M-wUGOhF7E8
instagram.com/p/BTmKHHsl8dR/
vocaroo.com/i/s1fQo66eQQ8v
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for the hat trick

Attached: Screenshot_20190712-171506~2.png (1080x1336, 1.94M)

who the fuck is op webm? left plg for a month and a half

my sbd knee sleeves are looking like they gonna die soon.
After wearing them while deadlifting they got a bit ripped in knee area.
Are they dying or this is normal?
Like, 1st layer is getting destroyed

>>>>Wearing knee sleeves for deadlifts

who? google research did nothing

while waiting for this

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-13 22-42-37.png (521x210, 30K)

Mine had the same thing happen from strongman the whole kneecap part is gone. RIP it was a good 3 years

Why is the 4 day Texas method better than the 3 day one?

VD is extremely exhausting and because of doing 3 compounds in a single day, it makes it hard to do additional volume, RD is a useless day, and ID is extremely rough on you mentally and physically due to going for 3 different movement PRs in a single day

it looks like it is just 1st layer.
I got them in march, fuck
img of damage imgur.com/LS4tzNc
it looks a bit bigger when i put them on

Because 4>3

Threadly, but non-spamming, reminder for you unlifting user CHODEs to post body/lifts and get a trip. But only if you have at least one of
>A squat greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A CONVENTIONAL deadlift greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A bench press greater than 1.5x bodyweight AND 300 lbs
>A Standing The Press(ᵗᵐ) greater than 1x bodyweight AND 200 lbs
>A body fit won't think looks like shit (good fucking luck)

Otherwise, stop LARPing, stop giving "advice" like you have half a clue what you're talking about, stop posting altogether, bring your ass to the gym, and try harder.

Attached: hits joint.jpg (720x888, 165K)

LIST OF PLG APPROVED ACRONYMS/INITIALISMS (post, but don't spam, in every thread)

>GDE (Genetic Dead End)
Exercise low-responder. High injury rate, no sports background, weak willed.

>GAYS (Gay Aylien Skull)
Weak bone structure, mouth breather. Wastes time trying to be strong. Jewey faced and mad, but harmless.

>CUCC (Cuckold Uninjured Crying Canadian)
Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

>VOLEM (Voluntary Evermediate)
Late beginner, early intermediate. Panics when the bar gets heavy. Program hops, works on technique, or sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress.

>BONER (Bench Only No Effort Retard)
Wants to have the admiration and ego of someone who lifts, but doesn't want to get the squat or deadlift of someone who actually lifts. Copes with a combination of bench press and autism.

>CHODE (Communist Homo Of Dick Eating)
Angry, godless little postmodernists who secretly loathe strong, masculine men who won't fuck their boybutt. Some transition into ugly rat faced pedos, others defend said CHODES. Also known as PHAGs (Projecting Homo Ass Goblins)

>TCHAD (Tries Consistently Hard All Day)
The Isleys, MAs, and other guys with average genes who actually like competing and getting stronger.

>UFO (Under Fed Organism)
Adult human male weighing less than 200 lbs. Throw food at them until the problem is remedied.

>user (Anonymous Nard Obtusely Nattering)
A noodlebuilt little wuss of a human. Hobbies include LARPing as someone who actually lifts and not posting body/lifts. Can be safely disregarded in all matters.

>SUMO (SUbhuman MOron)
Too stupid and/or genetically deficient to just bend over and pick something up. Copes through a combination of clowning half reps and eating butt.

4 day is more sustainable.

>who the fuck is op webm?
If you have to ask, then you will never know

j/k it's trappy/raffy/Haino/teapot

>VOLEM
me, without "sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress"

seriously tho how do I get out of this mode? I currently started madcows, can it get me to 2/3/4/5?

dont know, i get scared of weights
example:
i can do deadlift 140kg for 20 reps,
Cant lift 180kg :'(

squat is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing squat.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce the bar off your morbidly obese gut for your little bullshit wide grip "bench press". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

squat. is. king.

Attached: mfw.jpg (499x499, 26K)

If thats you in the webm OP, then i would suggest not "bouncing" the bar when doing more than 1 rep on the deadlift. Do one rep, put the bar down, breathe and brace again and keep do another rep. It makes you more explosive.
That way of deadlifting keeps you more under tension, but it doesnt really make you as explosive.

Wow you're a meme

Thanks makes sense, I can imagine the burn out once the lifts get really heavy.

and that is only when i do conventional deadlift and bench, i dont have that problem with sumo or squats.
I guess it is because i hurt my back when i was beginning with deadlifts

anyone here ran any of nuckols 28 free. only one i've heard of working is 3x int med on bench

I’ve hit PR’s on the beginner 2x bench& deadlift but I’m weak as sin

2x int worked great for my squat, 3x adv was fine for my bench, and dl 1x int was ok

>seriously tho how do I get out of this mode?

Try
Consistently
Harder
All
Day

If true, have one day per week where you deadlift 5x3. Start at 140 kg, increase by 5 kg for first two weeks, then 2.5 kg after. Focus REALLY hard on technique and staying tight, but DON'T bitch out and lower the weight because it's not 100% perfect. And do some deadlifts/assistance lifts another day of the week at.

i was thinking i'd do

3x/intadv squat
3x/intmed bench
1x/int dead

current numbers: 85kg Bw, 190kg squat, 130kg bench, 210kg deadlift, 2.5years training

Oh that's not bad at all mine have a full hole

Lauren Summer

Going on a tinder date with a Jewish girl in a bit lads. Lend me your power to not say anything antisemitic

rub your hands like the jew image and see her reaction, if she knows the meme you must be allowed to joke about that

Keep an eye on your wallet

Reminder that judiasm is passed on the mother's side

according to the insta she has no ass whatsoever, only a slight one when shes over arching but shes beautiful and has some ok tits

Pics or blog the fuck off

That’s standard for a jewess
Watch yourself around the Khazar Milkers

If you let something slip and she gets angery, remember to say "why are you mad I didn't even deny the holocaust yet"

i lift because squats ignite that fight or flight response in me and I love it. But i started bulking to sheiko's weight recommendations. And only now people are calling me buff, when I'm up to like 25% bf.

Also, thoughts on figure 8 straps for deadlifts? trying to actually get my deadlift above my squat fml

Nice bloatblog

ty have a guy

Attached: 1508240664572.png (521x422, 20K)

I love my figure 8s, one of the best purchases I ever made. Easier and more consistent than normal straps.

watched a couple of vids of people using them, one guy says to use them like lasso straps and grab over the crossover
other guy says to do like this @ 0:30
youtube.com/watch?v=M-wUGOhF7E8

never could use lasso straps because it just felt like it made my grip weaker

Can I do Texas Method 4day without having sex and loving life? Trying hard though.

Attached: DF47487A1E6D40A0A29C234C9B386731.jpg (1280x1918, 556K)

Can't squat for another two weeks apparently. Hip still feels weird
I already hate the quad extension machine

Attached: 1562984400739.jpg (793x786, 54K)

squat narrow af.

The lasso way is retarded. I use them similar to the video but I grip straight down instead of diverting it to the side

The lasso straps are*. And I don't think it truly matters which way you use them, but the video you posted looks like it keeps the bar closer to the palm than the straps normally would. Just do whichever way you feel most comfortable with.

I feel your pain. My hip has been fucked for the past 2 months and it still hasn't gotten much better.

Attached: tiresome.jpg (1114x768, 310K)

My backs been fucked for two YEARS

feel my pain

Time to go eq so the suit can take the stress off your hips :^)

It's your fault for being lazy about rehabbing a minor injury

You’re fucked in the head since childhood

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1524117246666.png (492x475, 24K)

I'm getting better. I will not seduced by (((equipped))) powerlifting

3k total is calling your name
based and spampilled

PT said my psoas is jacked up and probably preventing my oblique from recovering so I need to make my lady push on the psoas through my powergut™ while I move my heel back and forth, hopefully that helps.

Unrelated but currently in NYC, that power outage was wild

This fucking hair twink chump is so boring nyc thought it could finally sleep.

shit setup

bench and squat works, his deadlift routines are garbage

she will get wet if you show a bit of antisemitism, all jewish girls get turned on by that. trust me

Why is my 2nd favorite album in the top right of that webm

serious question about wl shoes
i tried the new adipowers and the toe is very narrow so that it actually kinda bunches my toes together which I think is normal for adipowers

anyway should I stay TTS or size up half a size for millimetres of extra room? idk if WL shoes ‘break in’

Get Romaleos. They're a bit wider.

they are but too rigid for my taste
the adipowers have some flexibility, I don’t think the toe issue is a big thing but just wanted to know if I’m supposed to be on the side of tight or slightly less tight/allowing for a thicker sock?

I'm guessing it depends on tightness.

If your toes are bunched together, then of course it's a bit tight. If the shoe just feel tight but allows your toes to be where they supposed to be, then it's no bggie.

They're not casual shoes you're gonna wear all day, neither are running shoes.

I've never owned a pair of shoes that didin't lose up a bit with use (including said Romaleos)

I don’t compete. I pause all my bench and presses. Why shouldn’t I pause all of my squats for a second or two?

The limiting factor will shift more to your core, which probably already is the limiting factor.

Wrong thread

Yeah so if the goal isn’t to squat X number, isn’t it better to just pause?
Easier on joints and squats are already limited by core, see leg press/squat difference.

Improving a pause variation always improves the other anyway doesn’t it?

Why would spending more time under load be healthier on joints?

a lighter load?

The best way to squat is the way that allows you to add kilograms incrementally for the longest period of time

>squat is limited by core
>as evidentally proven by leg press
Galaxybrain

The squat actually is limited by back extensor strength

thoracic extensors are core you mongs
I too, read cuckols *tips*

What are some good beginner programs? I was thinking about greyskull lp for my friend.

well that's what I was getting at, lmao.

Starting Strength > Texas Method

Attached: greyskull.png (700x600, 19K)

ive had two sets of the twos and they really loosened up with use. too much so to i felt

How do I become faster and shiet
All my reps are slow

that some A+ level broscience right there

tired of looking like shit I went full mongol and did an aggressive cut like steubing, lost a lot of strength and Im going to vacation for 1month with no gym access
back in my country in september is it ok to just do SS to get back to normal strength levels?

>pt said
stopped reading here senpai

instagram.com/p/BTmKHHsl8dR/

vocaroo.com/i/s1fQo66eQQ8v

Attached: vroom_vroom.png (114x129, 29K)

jump off a really tall building so you can hit terminal velocity. you'll be as fast as you can possibly be, plus you'll kill yourself. not only do you get what you want, but the world benefits from having one less faggot retard (you) shitting up the joint.

snatch grip rdls
my fucking hamstrings

>How do I become faster
What's your vertical jump?

tfw 4 inch vertical

Anyone tried 3x3 and just microloading chin-ups as your heavy chin-up once a week?

I just cut 40 lbs from march and lost no strength. You can do better next time.

235->195 total still 1700

Your body weight will fluctuate from day to day to the point that microloading your pull-ups is pointless

>maxxigg chinups
300kg total has no place in this thread, volem

Hey Cyclefag, I asked about Good Mornings and you told to do squat width.
I applied the same to my RDLs and I felt my hamstrings lot more than I do with deadlift stance RDLs (which just jam my lower back). Felt great.

ah that's really good man.

hao

Attached: 1553644321436.jpg (770x1024, 100K)

Ive been lifting over 10 years so everything's pretty hardwired. Was just messing with you, good job.

so what should I do if I want to do weighted? or is a few sets of bw to failure each session enough?

Just add regular amounts of weight and increase the weight when you can do say, 10 reps with it