No matter what I try I can't hit parallel

No matter what I try I can't hit parallel

Attached: Feels.jpg (1600x900, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

elitefts.com/education/training/bodybuilding/bodybuilding-exercises-for-powerlifters-adductor-work-for-added-gains/
youtube.com/watch?v=Aoyy3bKtD84
otpbooks.com/stuart-mcgill-hip-anatomy/
youtube.com/watch?v=8lcCQLZEh4g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes because you’re a frauding quarter squatter. Load half of the weight and go ass to grass. You can’t cheat ass to grass

Except I physically can't get any lower. ATG is a waste of energy too; I just want parallel

Lower weight, if you can’t do it then, just go bare bar. If you still have an issue then you may have issues with your flexibility in your hips hamstrings or ankles, stretch all of those and try to get more mobile. Once you get to parallel work your way back up from light weight. Keep at it friend you’ll make it

ASH TO GRASH

Attached: Unclehank.jpg (600x300, 24K)

Do you have trash ankle mobility? If so look up how to better that.

>365x5 half squatter working my way back up doing full ROM squats
>currently at 195x5
wish me luck bros

How do I know if I hit parallel? I've heard hip crease below the knees but that can be hard for me to tell in my clothes, plus it's hard to see while squatting

When anus is below knees

Work on your flexibility. I guarantee you your hip flexors are tightAlong with your ankles and calves

How can I know that?

Just film yourself lad, and get use to the feeling of when you hit depth

How can someone physically not go parallel? Do you have trouble sitting down on a fucking chair too? Honest question.

Box Squat.

Attached: 9B86F0FC-A11D-49B2-9C06-3158C1917C58.jpg (3240x1382, 361K)

Work on your flexibility. I guarantee you your hip flexors are tightAlong with your ankles and calves

What should I do?

I’ve always wondered how people can be so out of tune with their own body. I can literally sit in ATG position for hours. It’s comfortable to me.

Not the same

Nice job. Have a cookie and gold star.

Start an actual stretching routine. look up videos for hip, ankle, and general leg flexibility. ya have to be consistent about it too

So what do I do for squats until those start making a difference?

>no matter how hard I try i'll never reach the speed of light

What?

I’ve squat 4pl8s to depth but I can’t squat any of my warm-up weights atg. I’ve tried to squat atg with just body weight and I can only do with a sumo stance while holding onto something or going up onto my toes. Some people are physically incapable of squatting atg because of their hip structure and/or ankle mobility.

What do I do until my ankle mobility gets better? Just keep squatting as deep as I can?

Try front squats

Try experimenting with stance width and toe angle (some hip structures require a sumo stance to hit depth) and try some of the adductor warmups in this article.
elitefts.com/education/training/bodybuilding/bodybuilding-exercises-for-powerlifters-adductor-work-for-added-gains/

Not all of us spend all night squatting on our bfs dick

Do box squats at parallel touch n go, not putting weight on the box. After a couple months the movement pattern should be ingrained.

Your ass is too big that light weights can't shift the center of mass that aligns to your feet in the x-y dimension.

Try to lean forward a bit so your head can act as a counterbalance to your big ass. Your back still has to be straight of course still.

>ATG is a waste of energy
Enjoy your knees while you can faggot

Congratulations, you were born with shallow hip sockets. How much can you squat though?

Read the sticky newfag.

Do mobility work each morning.
youtube.com/watch?v=Aoyy3bKtD84
And warm-up before you lift. Not static stretching, but dynamic stretching like leg swings.

What are you even talking about, ATG is far more injury prone

Go wider

I will laugh anyone out of the gym doing this

I trained to do it moron, just takes practice

Its not though, there is way more stress put on the knee switching direction at parralel compared to in the hole. Obviously falling into the hole or bouncing will fuck your shit but that's your own fault

High rep bodyweight squats is how i learned the form. I too started not being able to hit parallel i can squat 305 atg now

... and a shallow hip joint. I can’t shift my centre of gravity over my feet in an atg position because when I lean forward, my femur hits my hip bone.

Attached: 3E4ACF3F-DB1A-4AAC-9E6F-36A72C536CC3.jpg (3072x2048, 1.38M)

Thanks for the tip, but when I lean forward in an atg position, my femur hits my hip bone and so I can’t lean forward enough.

it's because you can't actually squat for shit and you load pl8s on the bar and 1/4 rep them.

If you can break parallel you can hit atg it's just ankle mobility at that point

What are the best ankle mobility exercises?

Does it look like those quads were built with quarter reps? Post body.

Attached: WIN_20190709_22_46_33_Pro.jpg (756x1025, 91K)

Atg squats

>Shallow hip sockets are genetic and predispose hip dysplasia, but they also facilitate a deep squat.

I take away the fucking bar and you can't squat?

>In many cases, the failure of an individual to deep squat cannot be corrected.

Mistakes happen, user. Nobody fucks up until they fuck up

I can't hit parallel

I can't do that

I tried squatting below parallel gor 6 konths and couldn't. Tried stretching, everything so i figured i just couldn't
Then i literally just tried going deeper and out was fine, all in my head

You don't think I've tried going deeper?

Try harder

I am. Maybe you didn't have a real problem but I'm pretty sure I do

I've been squatting for FOUR YEARS. I have to consciously focus on each rep just to hit depth. That's as deep as my shit goes, bro.

Test your hip socket shape with
youtube.com/watch?v=8lcCQLZEh4g

It's possible you have deep hip sockets.

>dude just try lmao

I think it's just mobility. When I was 16 I could ATG no problem. Now 20 and I can't hit parallel

where the fuck are your nips

Yes literally just try

I couldn't do it for ages, I would recommend getting big heel shoes if putting your heels on some plates, just so you can train your legs

I think I've just stretched out my ankles over time, so u can squat without heels or weight

Will getting weightlifting shoes with raised heels help? I don't care if it's just a bandaid; I want to squat

get glasses

Open your hips/knees way more than you think to. I learned low bar easy af and opening a lot thing is what really was screwing me when I first started trying to high bar

What do you mean "open"? You mean go wider?

wrong
>ayus to grayus

Make sure you are flaring your legs outward more, not necessarily wider foot stance. Flaring your legs wider is what helped me drop while staying upright.

Genetic dead-ends coping with their shit tier mobility
365 paused

>not even 4pl8
lmao

How?