First time in the gym

>first time in the gym
>couldn't lift the bar with no weights
>got pinned under it and someone had to help me
>had to rush to the bathroom after working out because i was so exhausted i had to throw up
how fucked am i?

Attached: 1515700636054.jpg (641x491, 43K)

fucked

>Rest Tomorrow
>Go back again the day after
>Keep alternating days like that
>Try to learn where your limit is, so you don't throw up again.
>It's ok to use lighter weight dumbbells

In 6 months, move to a 6 day per week program. You'll be ok, man, just don't give up. This is the character building portion of the show

Attached: sleepin on my haters.jpg (500x667, 31K)

My first time lifting I had to sit down in the middle of the hallway afterwards because if I didn't, I would have passed out. Just make sure you're drinking water or a sports drink after every set and take long rests.

based positive and good advice user

you're only fucked if you give up and stay that way

Pretty fucked
But one time I seen somebody get pinned under 55lbs on a bench
He wasn't skinny either so it was an odd thing to see
Just eat and lift you'll be fine

Attached: 09786EA61D794F6A81EA2332C2CEF5A9.jpg (960x811, 75K)

How is that even possible
I assume you were benching?

I got pinned under 125 lbs once. It's okay, bro. We're all gonna make it.

the first time I worked out I looked like a fucking zombie in the mirror
normally I have a semi-tan skin but I had literally almost white skin dark rings under the eyes and had to throw up
that was some serious shit

you're only fucked if you never go back and never try again

everyone starts at the bottom. everyone.

Not much if you're putting effort on improving

Attached: 80e.png (199x181, 6K)

If you can't bench the bar start doing dumbbells bench press with 15 lb dumbbells

But in the meantime post body, I'm honestly curious

yeah
i guess I could lift it three or four reps but on the fifth rep I tried I just couldn't do it and got pinned

Start easier. Do stuff like incline push ups and dumbbell lifts until you get your base strength up. Also keep in mind there's a neurological aspect to lifting, you need to develop a certain muscle memory before you can lift effectively. The absolute most important though is that you go back to the gym. You ain't gonna win if you ain't gonna play.

Start low
Increase the load
Have rest days
Avoid injury
Eat enough
Keep showing up

Well you cant really get pinned by a 20kg bar mate

You're ok. Keep at it with something lighter dude. I just started last Sunday and looked up how to roll/drop the bar because I knew I would fuck up. I did have to roll the bar with only 95lbs on bench press. I'm glad I looked it up.

Don't fail us user, If you don't make it none of us will. We're doing this together.

we all start somewhere dude

I wouldn't start with the bar, do dumbbell presses at whatever weight you can do 8 reps for and move your way up to the bar weight, which is typically 45lbs

but i did
i guess it was an incline press, so maybe that made it harder?

>incline
Wait, what? How do you get pinned on incline? Did it roll down to your dick, and pin you by the hips? Or are you extremely fat and it was held up by your soft man tits?

Attached: cyb-fw-olympicinclineprs-1_2.jpg (960x960, 99K)

nah, i'm a very skinny guy. What happened was i wasn't able to raise it at all and was struggling to hold it over my neck. someone saw me struggling so he came over and helped me

use the bar for what u can. use dumbbells for what u can't. its okay to start of weak...thats where most of us started. look up a solid beginner workout program that fits your goal(strength, mass, both, etc) stick to it and don't give up for the first few weeks. eventually your gonna get those sweet newbie gainz.

Absolutely based

>i'm a very skinny guy
>i wasn't able to raise it at all and was struggling to hold it over my neck
How skinny can you be? Post body.

It'll be okay user, back in my softmore year of HS I was required to lift for gym, I could barely bench the bar. I was 5'9, and 110 LBS, so I was a skeleton (I was so thin that my back was always bruised, because my spine had no cushion). Just eat a high protein diet, workout whatever you can manage, and try to put on 2-4 LBS a month (You can only gain max around 3 LBS of muscle a month). Now I'm 18, 6' and 150 LBS so I've made decent progress. Just do whatever you can do, and dont give up, it'll be worth it.