Real talk. If I replaced my squats with box squats would that fuck over my gains...

Real talk. If I replaced my squats with box squats would that fuck over my gains? I have been squating for over 2 years now but find box squats so much easier to do form wise.

Attached: box-squat[1].jpg (800x500, 72K)

The mustache on the box should tell you everything you need to know.

box squats for size, squats for strength

t. ignorant faggot with shit lifts and a shit physique

post body and 1RM

Fuck. I was thinking of doing the opposite because it's my heaviest lifts that I feel I want to use box squats for since keeping proper form is so much easier with box squats.

I’ve actually done this, wouldn’t recommend. It’s also what injures George leeman and stopped him from being able to squat.
They’re good but at most should be 50% of your squats, and preferably around a parallel or slightly above box (20”) is good for most people. Also descend controlled or you can cause disk compression. Happened to me.

Outside of injury is there any other issue? I think I can make sure to control my descent.

>I have been squating for over 2 years now but find box squats so much easier to do form wise.
You have not been 'squatting' for any time.

explain faggot

If you get used to sitting on something while you squat it can fuck you up when you take the box away. That’s why I recommend 50% maximum, to retain your ability to squat normally. Box squats are a good tool, but don’t trade in your ability to use every tool for one tool that’s easy to use.

>spend 2 years on a semi technical lift
Doesn't find serviceable form

>Doesn't know that form is something that even after years you can still struggle with when you are hitting a new max

>deciding to can a lift based on form on max weight
>Implying that isn't what serviceable form means

This. Everyone has perfect form at all times and people shouldn't worry about that lol. You are such an obvious dyel trying to talk shit.

do you have a learning disability?

Maybe if your grammar wasn't shit I could read what you were saying

my grammar is serviceably user

Not if I can't understand what you were trying to say

>Doesn't find serviceable form
Keyword "serviceable" - adjective

fulfilling its function adequately; usable.
"an ageing but still serviceable water supply system"

>>deciding to can a lift based on form on max weight
Explain

>>Doesn't know that form is something that even after years you can still struggle with when you are hitting a new max
Literally fucking no. You start with an empty bar and get perfect form then you increase weight. Form is not negotiable, you can get it right from day 1 and there is literally no excuse to do it with poor form ever.

Post a video of you squatting so we can all judge your form.

>deciding to can a lift
making a decision on not doing a lift, in this case tha back squat
>based on form on max weight
The reasoning behind this decision is that when attempting to set a pr, form tends to deviate with a maximal load, this is a indication of either the form isn't practiced enough or one or two muscles are not strong enough to provide sufficient force, causing other muscle so overcompensate causing deveating in form.

For this reason and the fact that most of your time you should be working between 85-75% of 1rm, form on max weight should not effect exercise selection, in fact exercise selection should rotate around your form on your max weight.
To clarify, your form on max weight will probably debate thus showing weak points in the lift, then you will chose assistance movements to help eliminate these weak points.
For example if you are rounding your back squat, this could be because your quads are weak and your erectors are overcompensating, a number of lifts such as pause squat, front squat and quad isolation exercises can be used to remedy the weakness.

Sure feel free to watch any fucking number of hundreds of squatting videos on youtube because my form matches the very fucking set and clear method for squatting.

Do you also struggle to OHP? Do you need a few years to grasp how to lift a weight above your head? You're arrogant, and ego lifted weight that is too heavy for you to compensate for your inadequacy complex. Grow the fuck up, lower the weight and get the lift right.

>Retard says he has 100% perfect form
>Calls other arrogant