Anyone here give up drinking for a period of time? Did you feel better? Was it hard/easy?

Anyone here give up drinking for a period of time? Did you feel better? Was it hard/easy?

Attached: notodrugs.png (373x372, 188K)

its almost impossible if you want to be social, at least in poland. i feel a lot better when not drinking

Haven't had a drink since January 2017. Best decision I've ever made.

Mostly same in the US desu. I've never been too concerned, but I've cut back on binge drinking so now I'll just have a couple beers on a night out (maybe once every other month) instead of shots, etc. Feels better and more in control too.

how do you handle going out with friends to a bar or something if everyone is getting sloshed or offering/buying you drinks?

I haven't drank in 5 weeks and my social life is hardly suffering under it.
T. Autist that is not functioning if not drunk

yeah, few days ago i went on birthday party to a bar, i drunk just a little so ppl wont freak out that i dont want to drink, but i just cant stand bars without being drunk so it was a shitty expirience

I gave up on alcohol january 2018. I only drank on maybe 4-5 occasions since (2 marriages, christmas and 2 important birthdays) and got really wasted only once. Absolute best Jow Forums related decision I ever made. In the first weeks it also felt like my mind got somewhat clearer. Really hard to explain. Like a constant refreshed feeling. Hardest thing to quit was the "afterwork" beer, I substituted it with non alcoholic beer in the first few weeks, then quit the extra cals entirely.

I want to give up drinking but literally all of my friends offer me beers when I'm over or when we go out.

Worst would be when my parents or grandparents offer me a beer or wine at dinner and I would have to say no.

I don't receive nice gestures very often, so it's just nice to accept when someone does, and it seems like 90% of the time it's when someone offers a drink of theirs.

I generally avoid it, i use to drink pretty heavily in college, and now I only drink on Saturdays or when at large events with friends but only have 1 to 2 drinks

Let's see:
>no hangovers
>no sloppy feelings
>no embarrassing stories the next day
>completely removed from all possibilities of DWI
>no stupid/drunk decisions made
>everyone else is smashed so you can go dance and act crazy and no one else will care
OR
>always find one other sober person at the bar who's just as bored as you to shoot the shit with
>force friends to pay for always driving
>save money for extra bulking food
>fewer empty calories

Seems like a good deal to me

but if you take a girl home and you're sober, you can get #metoo'd

i haven't been drinking since July 2018 and it has been really easy mainly because i used to drink only to fit in; i hated hangovers and the consequences of alcohol just aren't worth the benefits.
i would suggest to you all who are considering giving up alcohol to do it, i feel so much better

I will sip some Maker's Mark on the rocks so I never completely gave up but I won't have more then 2 while I'm out. It's hard to be social when drinking is something a majority of people want to do. It's a good compromise if you still want to chill with friends and meet new people on the weekend. I do feel better having control of my drinking and not just doing shots all night.

I have. Haven't had a drink since January.

I wasn't drinking a huge amount before (1-3 drinks a week, if that) so it wasn't hard. I don't feel enormously better, probably because I wasn't drinking that much beyond simply not being drunk.

It is surprisingly easy just to say no in restaurants. And honestly in lots of fancy places the alcohol is really overpriced so you feel a fuckton better getting meal checks that are easily $50+ less than had you had alcohol (with gf).

I haven't made some solemn pledge to forever relinquish alcohol as I see no reason. But I think it makes sense to keep alcohol pretty infrequent. I'll probably have a glass or three around the holidays and maybe if there's some special event.

makes you fat and kills next days lift. weed master race for max sleep gains.

How will drinking 1 beer or 1 Gin & Tonic an evening, affect your gains specifically? Besides the small amount of extra calories.

Attached: 60712048-close-up-of-female-hand-holding-clean-transparent-martini-glass-with-water-against-white-ba (1006x1300, 57K)

Alcohol has nothing to offer, it's just socially accepted poison.
Check out Craig Beck on YouTube

i been in poland for 5 years and i made 0 friends because i dont drink

Isn't weed fucking up your rem sleep?

easy, i never drank heavy in the 1st place. maybe slightly better overall, defo better on the enxt days at parties etc.

It hinders your regeneration.

if it is i can’t notice it. unless i have an early wake-up i feel great when i wake.

I've heard this before but how exactly? Seems like 2 different processes at work here since it's so minor.

Nigger im right now drinking wine and i think i'll drink 2 bottles

I never smoked, i never drinked, i never did drugs
is easy, try it retards, you fucking faggots using shit like this to make your lifes easier

Meh I'll have a couple beers on a Friday night when I'm just trying to relax and I haven't seen any ill effects.

I stopped drinking since like november or so because I'm taking anti acne medicine and it's incompatible with high protein intake and alcohol. I even have to get bloodwork done every month to make sure I'm not dying. I was a NEET for the majority of the treatment so it was fine, now that I have stopped being a NEET I wish I could drink so I have an excuse to go out with my coworker hotties

lmao i wonder what it’s like to go through life with as little emotional intelligence as this guy

I'm the same way. I even cut out soda and every other sugary beverage in 2008. It's called having dicipline.

Past month I’ve had at least 8 drinks every single day, but I’m still able to completely abstain for one day out of the week
Today’s that day heh

Attached: 2BB8DDB8-AA67-441B-88EB-69F4939C29F1.jpg (1024x580, 61K)

i havent drank since I was 20 or so during spring break. getting drunk is helpful for building connections or friendships to boost confidence even if its not particularly fulfilling or noble.

i think if you get smashed with someone 3-4 times and don't argue about anything its someone dependable when you want to fulfill yourself socially. most ideal gf's are through mutual friends anyway unless you are an incel that uses mobile dating services written by israel's machine learning programs to autogenerate shit to keep the amerimutts docile

Attached: jewishdog.jpg (249x250, 38K)

i think its a combination of growing up somewhere religious or controlling (i.e asian parents) and adapting a sense of labeling yourself with perfect is good !! + youth worship group mentality

I drink less than 5 times a year now. Its a huge gains goblin, on top of me being a depressed drunk. Further my dad is not only a depressed drunk, he is an angry drunk. I don't want to end up that way so Ive pretty much eliminated it from my life. In high school I drank pretty much every night and got blackout on the weekends.

I'm a social reject so I can count on fingers the times I would drink something. I think alcohol drinks taste like shit too. What did I miss?

Could be. I never picked up on drinking because my dad was an alcoholic and beat my mom regularly. I figure it goes either way. You become an alkie, or you drive youreself away from it as much as possible. None of my friends ever had a problem with it. They'd rag on me a bit but then leave it alone.

Yes, haven't had a drink in a couple of months, mainly due to caloric restrictions.
Fairly easy but then I only got shitfaced every other week or so.

Got diagnosed with Bipolar I Disorder. Didn't have much of a choice and pretty much had to become sober. Drinking can trigger an episode if it's some serious binge drinking, but other than that I can tolerate alcohol just fine.

The problem is that the meds I have to take have bad reactions with alcohol. I've tried drinking on them and after only 1-2 beers I start feeling very tired, dizzy, and have nausea that feels like flu-like symptoms. And then I still have a hangover. So I decided to not drink anymore because it just isn't worth it.

I've lost a lot of friends because of it. Many of my best friends ghosted me after they found out that I quit drinking, and stopped inviting me to parties and bars. And some other friends invite me but I think that it's only because they want to use me as a designated driver. Quitting drinking really shows you who your true friends are.

i'm english so everything revolves around drinking

Attached: 54336347357.jpg (563x1000, 37K)

It's easier to cut when you aren't taking in hundreds of calories when you go out.

just haven't drank because been smoking weed instead
didn't change much idunno, just don't be an addict

It takes time. Once you're sober long enough (it was 2 months for me) you are able to have fun without alcohol.

I haven't drank anything in the last 2 weeks which is long for me. I usually drink everyday self medicating like an idiot but my stomach felt like it was eating itself one morning and was very painful. I feel pretty good honestly. Sleeping better and body looks a little better. I think this time will show that moderation is okay

Hello Craig.
Why do you always look like you got smashed the day before?

Are you me?

I have not drunk a droplet alcohol for 10 years now which was an easy achievement since it gave me really nasty migraines. Downside is that everybody finds me a boring autist.

happens regardless

You don't have to drink just because other people are. Just order something nonalcoholic.

Yeah. One time I drank 2 40s in 13 minutes and felt like shit for the next 12 hours. Was sitting in my friend's back yard and puking on the floor. Drank some tequila last week because my uncle offered it to me on his birthday but haven't drank willingly in a while

Based.

shit sounds heavy bro i think you're making the right move. i have a buddy who's dad kept trying to be in his life after being abusive n shit.

when he goes on a lil bender maybe after a fun night out with friends it ends up being more head trouble than its worth.

Attached: catmoney.jpg (1936x2592, 545K)

damn i know what your saying. i feel like my friends only are endeared / go out of their way to reciprocate our needs of interaction and just hang with whoever can offer them that the most.

addressing being bipolar n shit is probably priority though i hope that shit resolves or gets better

not if she's too drunk to know you're not drunk
>thinkingblackman.png

It will hardly be an effect to worry about. Alcohol inhibits muscle protein synthesis, but not much at that level. If you're binging or drinking quite a lot each night, that's likely different.

Go out and have like a single beer or just waters? There are no rules that say if you go out you have to get fucked up.

You leave Duke alone, he is a good boy.

It's called a social lubricant for a reason. To say it has no benefits is naïve. Small amounts of drinking is the sweet spot.

Thanks, I've been pretty stable on the cocktail of meds I'm on. I'll most likely have to be on them for life so I don't think I'll be drinking any time soon.

Especially being a college student I have a lot of people being shocked that I don't drink and always ask why. They'll think I'm boring/weird or they'll try and pressure me like "can't you just have one beer?" or try and lecture me about how drinking in moderation is better for me than to abstain

so you didn't give it up

i only drink home brewed non alcohol beer. chugging solvents is for degenerates.

Like the other user, in my experience it's the opposite. You have someone in your life who abuses alcohol, so you learn to avoid it despite peer pressure.

girl wants to go out for drinks but i dont drink.. is it gay to order a non-alcoholic beer to fit in?

order soda

>''Behold the alcoholic animals, bemused with drink, the right to an immoderate use of which comes along with freedom. It is not for us and ours to walk that road. The peoples of the Goyim are bemused with alcoholic liquors; their youth has grown stupid on classicism and from early immorality, into which it has been inducted by our special agents"

Attached: 666258852666.jpg (780x498, 56K)

Yeah, I count myself extremely lucky I chose the path I did. I never regret not drinking. My dad has changed since he quit drinking and he's remorseful of his past and will occasionally ask me if I've picked up drinking. He lights up when I tell him I haven't and encourages me to never even take in a single drop.

I don't drink but smoke shitloads of weed

I'm seriously considering going on no-booze for some time. A month ago I woke up on my bed with some woman whose name I didn't know and it freaked me out how much my mind goes on auto pilot mode after I've had a certain amount.
I'll flirt and make out with girls and not remember anything the day after so I don't talk to them out of guilt.

All liquid are solvents of some type you dingus.

Quit cold Turkey 3 years and 10 days ago. I was going to kill myself and agreed to go to rehab instead. Best 5k I've ever spent. It inspired me to take control of my life. Lost 90 lbs, went back to school. Went from making about 18k a year to 85k a year, my liver is totally recovered, my kidneys are ok, I have a wife and two wonderful kids (3 and 17 months) working on getting out of debt and getting into grad school. My life is perfect now, and I almost went out drinking the other night, It gets easier with time, but after awhile you can forget how bad it was. I don't know if I could handle it now, but there's no sense in risking it.

Its a shit of a thing this. I've spent too long focusing on starting a business and using alcohol as a crutch, and now I want to stop using alcohol and spend more time with friends, but theres too many social drinking occasions.

I do feel better when I don't drink though, I thought I was just anxious, it was just a side effect of booze though.

one or two beers once a year
maybe a glass of wine if gf insists. It's not that hard

Is coca cola zero considered a "drink"? i can't stop drinking this shit since i removed sugar from my life

He effectively gave it up, barring important social events, you autist

kys smart ass cunt

Very nice user. Keep up the great work!

Yeah, I do that about once a year for 5-6 months. Then I relapse again. Managed to get my drinking down to manageable levels. Now a few ciders and a couple of long drinks is enough for a nice evening.
And I don't drink more often than once a few weeks.

Clean for (almost) 7 months now. I got smashed 2 times but In my mind im clean. Prior to that I was either drunk or with a severe hangover every single day. I feel infinitely better, my mind is clear and sharp and im more confident too.
>Was it hard/easy?
Quitting by itself was easy(as in withdraws) but the realization that alcohol is not worth it and the decision to stop took me about 10 years so idk.
Also one thing that surprised me was that I wasnt really an alcoholic. Ive just created a bad habit to ease off and finish the week with alcohol. Once I`ve powered through 2 consecutive weekend without getting drunk it became super easy.

Attached: 96432ceb3bae096b4bb75f548498409b.jpg (500x750, 78K)

I have it up to keep my summer cut going. Just offer to drive your friends when they go out, good excuse and makes your friends happy

I limit myself to drinking once a month and getting drunk maybe every 3 months. If your social life revolves around drinking then find a new social life. At the same point, don't be that person who turns up to a drinking event and doesn't drink because you'll come off as weird.

I found it very easy to give it up because I hate alcohol, I also feel a lot better when I don't drink. You wake upt the next day feeling fresh and not having to deal with a hangover.

I recently went 30 days without drinking for a diet. I'd been trying to cut down on my drinking beforehand, so it was probably easier than if I'd just quit cold turkey when I was at my habit's max (2-4 drinks every day, binge on weekends).

Doing it again now, but I'm thinking once these 30 days are up I'm gonna restrict my drinking to one or two on special occasions.

i quit drinking
my friends stopped inviting me to parties and they think i'm boring now. but if they NEED alcohol to have fun and they get insulted when someone else doesn't thats their problem

I don't abstain entirely but I cut my drinking way back in frequency and volume when I'm cutting. Usually go from heavy drinking 1-3 times a week to drinking a limited amount about once a month. It helps me train much better and keep my bloating down.

Drinking is fine in moderation.
As with everything, drinking a lot makes you seem like a loser but the same goes with not drinking at all

Cringe

>t. can't talk to people unless intoxicated

I used to drink a lot in uni but that was the status quo. When I got a job and graduated I kinda just stopped and went back to reading manga and books like I did in highschool.

We used to drink a lot though, me and my friends. We drank till the sun rose. Fucked random chicks that only hung out with us because we were it. Threw massive ragers where a large proportion of people were on Molly. Some of my friends became alcoholics. Some became drug addicts. And some went on to be massively successful

Good times

Attached: Obama.jpg (848x477, 45K)