Best fighting style to learn?

I just want to be able to win fights on the street or in bars with people who mess with me. I'm 176 cm 67 kg. I never got in a fight cause I'd get whooped. What's the best style to learn?

Ideally I'd like to do 1-2 hours per week for a year as an add-on to my gym training.

Attached: bikini.jpg (768x768, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dEb3DGRff6g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>why yes I post Instagram thots as the thumbnail
>how could you tell

Attached: 25B29890-1194-439C-9F42-888D3C0027B0.png (1193x1654, 38K)

Considering you're just starting, boxing. Kick boxing is also good but a little complicated for a beginner if you're an adult, it'll be faster and less frustrating to learn boxing first and then kickboxing. Though if you're decent at box I'd just move on to judo or bjj.

getting minimal training and going out to pick fights is a sure way to get your head bounced off the concrete

Boxing srsly. Follow up with some judo for ground game if you want. But in a real fight you want to keep your feet and know how to hit, and how to take a hit without folding up

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dEb3DGRff6g

Boxing for sure. And I say this as someone with 10 years in another martial art.

>176 cm
lmao at this manlet and his napoleon complex

Based

What kind of fucking pleb are you that would be in bars or on the street where people would actually try to harm you?

Like seriously you sound like Guido trash that hangs around a bunch of people who vape and wear shorts halfway down their shins with some UFC logos

Iktf mate. If i had my MA time over i would concentrate on boxing. Brought it home to me that whever i sparred with anyone of any style they basically dropped into a boxing guard and punches.

Apparently, if you want to go from 0 to competent in the shortest time possible, boxing is the best way. Every fighting style has its flaws in learning curve, availability of good training, and overall effectiveness, but boxing has a good balance of all three.

Muay thai or BJJ. Boxing is decent, but youre lacking large parts of the fighting game. Muay Thai is way better.
Wrestling or BJJ is the best option for 1v1, as a wrestler can just put someone on their back and use that to an advantage of beating the shit out of someone, while BJJ can eliminate the opponents limbs or put him to sleep.

It also depends on what you prefer. Are you into powerful ox type engagements where muscles are heavily important, but you dont wanna risk concussions and potential brain damage, go for wrestling.
Are you more of a chess/outsmarting your opponent type guy, not as strong and big, but wanna be consistently able to put people to sleep no matter their size, BJJ.
Are you more of a you wanna be able to 1v3 people, Muay Thai. Boxing is fine, but your legs arent meant to be able to deal with kicks or wrestlers in that scenario. Muay Thai lets you be able to surprise your opponent with better combos as you can use your legs, and if someone is trying to get you to the ground you can use your knees and elbows to stop them - along with learning how to clinch properly, making other people who know how to box or kickbox easier targets.

My advice is to go for muay thai or BJJ for a couple of years, and then evolve into MMA.

everyone in this thread saying anything but brazilian jiu jitsu has no clue what they're talking about

Boxing

Attached: 1498334286710.webm (406x650, 1.97M)

boxing is not bad but kickboxing is better

muay thai is even better than kickboxing

MMA is even better than muay thai

Just remember, OP, for every 1 video where Thad Ironcock knocks out multiple dudes, there's 50 where a skilled fighter gets jumped by multiple opponents and beat into a coma.

Street fights are for retards. Your best defense is
>don't be a retard that gets in bar/street fights
>don't hang around retards that get in bar/street fights
>only fight if you have more friends than the guy you're fighting

Don't get in street fights.

Judo and Kickboxing
fight me you fucking nerds

Attached: Fedor1.jpg (2560x1600, 345K)

Post more bikini thots

Taikwondo.

Jk, boxing. Guarenteed a year in a good boxing gym you can take 80% of idiots. And the bjjtards will still be learning how to tie their gi. Its like lifting where you need a foundation of strength. Boxing gives you that foundation of movement, gaurd, and strikes, you can build on.

True enough which is why staying on your feet is important. Idiots think theyll take some guy to ground, get the hooks in with a rear naked. Meanwhile the guys buddies are walking up with pool cues. I agree street fights are for mugs, but you got to know how to handle yourself though, even if its just to extricate yourself and do a runner. And sometimes you just dont have an option.

>And sometimes you just dont have an option.
If it's really that dire I resort to Gunkwando.

boxing. kick boxing MT, kyokushin.
Enjoy your concussions bro.

The "best" fighting style is one that includes every facet of both grappling and striking. This takes many years of dedicated study to learn, as you'd need proficiency in wrestling, judo, bjj, boxing, and kickboxing techniques.
Just find something you enjoy and start there. At this point you don't even know enough to know what you don't know, so you're starting with zero foundation and no direction. Build a foundation in one martial art and go from there.
>1-2 hours per week
This will get you absolutely nothing. The absolute minimum you'll need as a complete beginner is 3 hours per week, and even then unless you study, memorize, and rerun all the techniques in your head over and over outside of class, you won't make much progress.

Unfortunately not an option in my shithole mate. Neither is macefu or knifejutsu.

If all you want to do is increase the odds of winning a street confrontation, just go to an actual mma gym and start training there. You'll learn enough striking to outclass the average drunk retard and enough grappling to escape/embrace the clinch and defend against takedowns. Hopefully the most important lesson training a combat sport will teach you is how to keep your ego in check. It isn't worth going to jail because some jackass pushed you in the bar

>I just want to be able to win fights on the street or in bars with people who mess with me
You are an idiot.
Boxe and Judo are probably the best martial arts for what you want to do, but really... don't street fight, someone eventually is bound to show up with a knife.

>Best fighting style to learn?
Avoiding them whenever possible.
Beyond your teenage years the '''need''' to physically fight anyone drops off sharply; adults do not solve problems with their fists unless they're literal brainlets.

Those are Underage B& 'girls' and unless you're also Underage B& you don't touch them.

>MMA is even better than muay thai

“Wow dude, if you want to learn how to fight just become an MMA fighter”.

Based.

Op here,

I recognise fighting is retarded and as such have never partaken. However, many times I would have, if I would have known I could win.

A few weeks ago I kissed a muslim slut and this muslim guy interrupted and starting telling her she's a bad muslim.

Glassing

>don't street fight, someone eventually is bound to show up with a knife.
This.
Real Life ain't the movies or TV. You're not a fucking hero, you're just some dude who can die like anyone else, and in the Real World there's no rules, no choreographing fight scenes, some asshole will decide he's going to cut you, and if it happens to be a major artery, he'll just run like hell while you bleed out in a couple minutes. or worse: some asshole manages to cripple you for life, or smash your head in and you're literally a brainlet the rest of your life.
Just fucking avoid this shit whenever you can.
Learn to defend yourself properly but don't go looking for fights.
>"""street fights"""
you see this shit happening? RUN. Get the fuck away from it. Don't even stand around and watch; the cops show up, you'll get nicked too, just for being there.

I learned how to fight (sort of) as an adult and it's been great. I haven't fought once, but I'm more confident and I dont go out of my way to avoid conflict, in fact I dont fear others and can protect my friends and women. So I just tell people to fuck off with a straight face and they do. I could do it without knowing how to fight, but knowing that I can kick their asses if they dont fuck off when instructed makes it so much easier.

yeah this is exactly what i'm after

based

Attached: ed5377_6388798.jpg (1400x590, 111K)

*shrug* okay fair enough, you sound like your head is on straight.
Understand, though, that Jow Forums is full of young guys who are way too edgy for their own good, and actually think they want to go out in the streets and clubs and pick fights with people because they think it makes them a Big Man.

Honestly if you are looking to become a competent fighter you will need to dedicate the vast majority of your training time to fighting. An hour or two a week won't cut it for you to reach any kind of competitive standards, but any more will compete with the recovery needs of your other training.
If your strength and conditioning is more important than the actual martial art, then train an art that can be sustainably trained without competing with your recovery needs. This has the drawback of not sparring hard or often or even at all, but has the benefit of at least allowing you to become much stronger than your average martial artist with some basic conpetence in certain movement patterns. I suggest wing chun, because compared to the rest of these arts, (Tang soo, taichichuan, aikido) there is the least amoint of retarded bullshit.

You can light-train jiujitsu by never muscling through to a victory, but the problem there is the injuey rate.

Based and experience pilled

Nothing good happens after midnight.

Boxing

1) MT, BJJ, K-1, Sambo, Judo for dealing damage.
2)Taiji, Aikido, Wing Chun, Systema, Krav Maga for learning how to read opponents, position, yourself tactically, deal with arms, stay relaxed etc.

1) is a must 2) is a bonus to broaden your spectrum

Thai Boxing, Reg Boxing, Kick Boxing

Ignore the BJJ kids that stuff won't work in a bar or street fight. Thats a competition sport with points like tai kwon do. Cool shit for pros but if you just want to defend yourself from some asshole on the street or a bar...You just need punching technique, form and stopping power. You aren't gonna wrestle some guy (whose probably with his buddies as well) for 5 minutes in public. You want to knock him and his buddy out quick and fucking bounce.

Use your natural advantage and dodge between the atoms in your opponents, jump up as high as you can, and bite him on his heel.

This

The best one is the best one you can go to. Say you can go to a box or to a MT gym. If the box gym is better, then learn boxing, if MT gym is better go MT, and so on.
Never get into fights, unless you plan on getting raped in prison after.
Also wrestling is king.

>this is illegal in Americuckia

Lmao. These girls are legal in most places.

You should try your best to avoid fighting as much as possible
You are probably aware, but its not like fiction. You could knock a guy out (or get knocked out) from a standing position, take a bad fall, and literally die because you were unlucky enough to hit a curb or something retarded.
Theres also the possibility that the retard you're fighting is really drunk, AND a natural psychopath, the anger and alcohol giving him the edge to literally stomp your head in without thinking when you hit the ground.
Always try to run, fight only if you absolutely have to.
t. martial arts for years, been in three real fights (two of them self defense, the other because I had anger issues) medical family

get this, learn how to use it and you will fuck every nigga with their yee yee ass martial arts

Attached: ...as long as you got a loicense.jfif.jpg (500x304, 11K)

OP NONE
1. Want to learn to fight for wrong reason
2. If you haven't been in a fight at this point, you aren't much of a fighter
3. The time you are willing to invest is not enough to really master anything
4. modify your expectations, and/or learn to walk away

>Nothing good happens after midnight.
Nothing happens at all before 11:30 so you're window of opportunity is pretty fucking small.

If you’re a faggot that runs an ig meme page then probably Krav Maga and bjj

u gay

See pic. The most important thing is recognizing a McDojo and avoiding it.
Definitely a good poor mans combination. I'm doing this and can only recommend it
While I agree that MT is probably one of the best MAs, all I heard suggests it's difficult to learn, and OP has no experience and only want to dedicate 2 hours a week. Boxing is the better choice in that scenario

Attached: fit martal art.png (1406x4000, 2.94M)

Jarate maybe.

Attached: A8625457-E96C-4FEC-8382-85CCE6827D60.gif (345x194, 1.96M)

Boxing + Wrestling

agree with this guy totally

Yea sure kid,whatever you say.
If I ever ran into you, I'd curb stomp you into the ground

MMA
You get kickboxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu, boxing, judo and what not all blended together

not OP but thanks for posting that list, I will also start doing boxing soon, in autmn probably

How do I recognize a good boxing gym? I have one right around the corner of my new home, but it looks like a recreational gym from outside and not at all how I imagined a boxing gym

No you don’t

I myself train Muay Thai. My first day I will never forget. Head coach says “no fighting outside of ring... if you are out there and someone tries to fight, 1st you try to resolve with words, then run, then shoot if you have to”

I self had trained in Muay Thai but I realised that the best form of defense is not martial arts but rather Awareness and Common Senses.

Common senses for knowing that you should't be in area with high risk of violence or avoid developing sitations that lead to violence.

Awareness for being aware for dangers and ambushes.

Worst case acting like batshit insane arab is good way to scare of cowardly robbers in my experince.

actually solid advice.

Pipebomb

Ignore all posts up until this point.

START WRESTLING ASAP.

It has immense carry over to BJJ and forces very unparalled levels of fitness.

For striking, do muay thai. BJJ is like a cherry on top to wrestling, not a core. The success of Sambo and Khabib teaches that.

Boxing and wreslting, bjj and muay thai

I would love to have those titties bouncing in and out of my mouth as she rides me.

Attached: giphy.gif (240x320, 1.95M)

muay thai is the only martial art worth taking

SO stupid. Literally any mushy Thai fighter you see constantly neglects their hands in favour of kick after kick after kick after kick. You will get stomped by other people if you take it to the ground because you’re being a bitch and anyone who thinks kickboxing or MMA or mush Thai or any of that shit would beat boxing in a street fight is delusional. You need way more space than you will actually have to shoot for takedowns or get off powerful kicks

>why yes I want to develop CTE how could you tell?

Attached: Chronic_Traumatic_Encephalopathy.png (784x455, 354K)

cte isnt real

t. NFL/WBF/IBF representative.

Attached: cte.jpg (1024x768, 106K)

>krav meme shilling

32 former bouncer here. Can confirm.

literally just traditional boxing, you're never gonna be doing karate kicks in a bar

alternatively, muay thai if you want everyone to think you're a psychopath and judo if you want to pretend you're nice by breaking ribs instead of noses

Typical larping faggot. Cant go 1 post without mentioning "broadening rectums"

very based
fuck off op

You're bragging about low age of consent like you're getting laid, lmao.

this, but boxing is good because people who've never been punched in the face before tend to curl up so its good to get enough sparring under your belt to be comfortable with another guy trying to strike you. But if you can't grapple your'e fucked.

underrated

Fuck outta here with your

Attached: hi.jpg (900x597, 89K)

Its pretty simple,
The more hybridized a fighting style is, the more technique it has, the longer it’ll take you to get good at it.
Boxing is extremely one direction/probably one of the least hybridized martial art ever, thats why people can take it for 2 years and go do a pro fight, muay thai is probably the most hybridized stand up style there is what with the sweeps and shit

The correct order yoy should do is
>boxing(for like 6-8 months)—>kickboxing—>MT

For grappling is
>greco roman wrestling—>judo/freestyle—>maybe pankration/BJJ

Okay pretend you don't live in a major metropolitan area that has random ass ancient greek wrestling styles, BJJ is top right?

Judo has more carryover to bjj than bjj has carryover to judo, aside from that, normal folkstyle/freestyle wrestling is fine.
Honestly with the state of BJJ right now, it should be last.

So without greek wrestling being available, you'd choose judo over BJJ?

boxing is good training throughout, and teaches you how to land a good first punch, all non-weapon related fights end with the first good, usually the first, punch. Knowing judo and shit is just retarded flashing before you get stabbed in the abdomen