Redpill me on carbs. Recently (yes, RECENTLY) everyone has been talking about carbs as if they are the devil itself...

Redpill me on carbs. Recently (yes, RECENTLY) everyone has been talking about carbs as if they are the devil itself. It's only been since RECENTLY that people are now saying that they're terrible, and you should be getting your nutrition from protein and fat. Is this really a healthier option or just an internet fad?

Attached: potato.jpg (800x533, 150K)

cut carbs when cutting, add carbs when bulking

its a fad diet and now also combined with eating disorders like fasting and binging. Carbs are excellent fuel for athletic performance.

do your own research and justify your own thoughts instead of looking for answers on a mongolian yak-fucking forum

/thread

Carbs are the devil unless you are active and can turn them into proper shit

They're good for active people and muscle building. If you aren't building muscle and live a sedentary life, they're not worth eating.

>Is this really a healthier option or just an internet fad?
FAD.
It's way easier to cut with low carbs, for obvious reasons, BUT
longevity is higher in those getting around 55% of their caloric intake in carbs.
You might want to rethink your eating strategies.

Potatoes have cured my homosexuality.

t. user

Therefore we should only eat all of our calories from carbohydrates because clearly they're linked to longevity. If your diet isn't 100% carbs you'll die in your 30's from heart disease.

Attached: 1562121640613.png (840x854, 434K)

>Redpill me on carbs.
Carbohydrates are the species-specific primary fuel for humans, which means that the vast majority of calories in a person's diet should come from carbohydrates.
Most people in the developed world underconsume carbohydrates and overconsume fats.

>Is this really a healthier option or just an internet fad?
It is the unhealthier option but it is being heavily promoted on a massive scale by corporations that have a financial interest in people consuming more fat (i.e. meat, dairy, egg, oil and pharmaceutical industries).

Aside from that, it's also part of the general trend towards conspiratorial anti-scientific thinking in general discourse (including rejection of global warming and vaccines). Inevitably, pseudoscience regarding carbohydrates goes hand in hand with pseudoscience regarding saturated fat, cholesterol and statins, which then relies on a worldwide conspiracy.

Like all bullshit movement, once it gains a certain momentum you get people jumping on just to make money. They don't give a fuck about the truth either way. Doctor Oz and similar clowns will have a guy on saying that carbs make you fat, then the next week another guy saying potatoes are the best weight loss food. Either way, high-fat diets are now a giant industry in and of itself.

You know that humans don't need to eat carbohydrates to live, right? It's literally not a necessary macronutrient for survival. But the body can't survive without fats and proteins.

I've said that the best values are for 55% carbs. less is bad, but more is bad too.
and you won't hit 55% only if you're cutting hard, otherwise it's easy.

>You know that humans don't need to eat carbohydrates to live, right?
do you know what glucose is?
also look up gluconeogenesis and why it is an essential metabolic pathway

look up protein metabolism in humans vs in dogs and cats
humans aren't designed to be in a high protein diet that provides enough glucose to avoid ketosis(which no healthy mammal is on, ketosis isn't even naturally found in lions or tigers)

If your goal is overall health and longevity you should absolutely eat carbs. Getting most of your calories from fat leads to heart disease and too much protein will fuck up your other internal organs.

High carb was a fad before low carb is a fad now . The pendulum swings out of control

i've known about and done keto off and on since 2013, you only think it's "recent" now because your coworkers are talking about it
Jow Forums has done keto for years

Almost everything fitness related is a fad, lad. Most of these people need a weird diet or routine to cling to. But in reality its really as easy as getting enough protein in and eating a stereotypically healthy diet. That is unless you’re a genetic dead end

55 is too much

Carbs are empty calories

Heart disease isn't associated with high fat diets

Carbohydrates are not required to create glucose you retard.

Grains industry lobbied to make high carb and vegetable fats kosher for the goyim

>Humans aren't designed to be in ketosis.
Then how the fuck can literally anyone on the planet live a normal life while being in ketosis?

Carbs cause diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer's, PCOS, cancer, strokes, kidney failure, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, autism, and all other modern disease.

(((They))) tell us to eat carbs because it is most profitable to sell processed grain feed and then sell drugs to treat the resulting illness.

Humans should eat only meat to be healthy.

Attached: farm_shares.jpg (878x961, 145K)

Carbs-cheaper back then,stayed in like normal cigarrettes vs ecigs.One is a healthier and better nicotine intake product,the secound kills you because of its missue.People strain away from the newer product because of cultural and financial stigma.See the conicidencial similarities?