/fat/ - Dummy Thicc Edition

For fat fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>Why hasn't my weight gone down for 3+ days?
If you're on a deficit, water weight. Plateaus can last up to 3 weeks.
>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.
>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already but it covers the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, fancy starbucks shit. forget it
>be a retard

Previous:

Attached: dsfgj.jpg (1134x1134, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1McAWnnomW8NGc5H_YEncKhoE4miuZ4ay29aukdHcbok/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=RWXc2OrU-fM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Confess on this holy day

Attached: tjukfkiflo.png (261x313, 13K)

we are broken people, thats why we use food as cope.

Best app for generating a running route?

c25k

reminder that if you order a shitload of food and get diet soda or ask for no mayo
you are not fooling anyone and the employees are laughing at you behind your back

I only drink diet coke at home

>you are not fooling anyone and the employees are laughing at you behind your back
You were saying?!

Attached: 1563037867304.png (285x401, 181K)

map my run works ok

Skinnyfat, but I started doing yoga because I've never been active/fit in my entire life and I need the gentlest introduction ever

I had a massive binge yesterday. I drank a load of beer and ate a shitload of crisps. I must have been 1500 calories over my limit at least.

>finally decided to run outside for the first time this year
>did 5k
The question now is: do I walk back the way I came, or do another 5k run?

Attached: meg.jpg (1200x800, 102K)

Anons i am so fucking happy right now. Few months back i decided to start losing weight. I feel so fucking good. Back then i couldnt even ride my bike for 5 minutes without feeling half dead. Now i feel so fucking powerful.

I go to the gym everyday now and i am making alot of progress.

Attached: 1544541275917 (1).jpg (567x633, 58K)

I've lost 40lbs since the end of April. You guys can do it! If you fucked up this weekend then get back on that shit tomorrow because it's a new day!

CONVINCE ME NOT TO EAT THE CHOCOLATE BAR AT THE COUNTER. HOW DO I END MY FOOD CRAVINGS?

Attached: images (1).jpg (220x229, 11K)

one more 5k, ganbare user!

I personally recommend carbs, fruits, grains, potatoes, fat-free

>mfw i have finally achieved my final form
>i am very muscular
>can literally eat anything i fucking want aslong i dont go off my fit schedule

feels great. Remember to never give up anons

Attached: 1562314550998.jpg (732x738, 134K)

Drink water you retard. It makes your hunger go away. You are just thirsty

Attached: 1562533099454.jpg (500x625, 48K)

good job! What was your starting weight and how much did you lose?

>crisps
End your life britter shitter

I just had the biggest water weight swing probably ever.

Binged on 30 dollars worth of McDonald's the other, day, gained a shit ton of weight +water

In the 2 days since (only 1 meal through the weekend) i lost fucking 14 LBS of water weight.

Feel slightly skinnier already but damn the human body is amazing

based but pussyfagpilled

My girlfriend made me Keto-friendly Shortbread cookies, and I had 5 last night. I didn't go over my calorie goal, but that's 650 that could have gone to faster weight loss

Here I see 1g/lb for protein, and on the sticky it says 1.5g/lb when you're cutting.
Which is it???

>t. Michael Scott
"Where are we?"
"About five kilometers away from the office."

obvsly the latter but that only applies when you actually lift weights else don't really bother about it. However taking foods that are naturally high in protein are usually foods that satiate you for a longer period of time thus making weight drop easier.

Kek

is this an attempt at a placebo?
if so then sorry for ruining it

>physically filling up your stomach is a placebo

you don't know what hunger is then
it isn't thirst

t. actual retard

smelly fatso
got anything useful to say?

You've already been told what to do, you mentally handicapped ape.

Thanks.
Also it should be based on the goal weight instead of your current weight?

Right, you don't know. You just heard it and started parroting it without thinking.
Who better to take advice from.

if you ever make it it'll be by pure coincidence
fingers crossed eh

Water fills your stomach, which makes you less hungry. In addition, the thirst response is often mistaken for hungry in America, and many western people are chronically dehydrated.

I stand by what I said, you don't know what hunger is.
If you think flooding your stomach with water will in some way inhibit your ghrelin secretion then who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to let you speak.

You can stop baiting now. You're making it too obvious.

You're not hungry fatty
you mistake cravings for hunger
You're fat!
You're full of energy from your fat so you physically can't even be hungry anymore and probably forgot how it feels like
All you do is crave crave crave like a food slut

I fucked up. I just ate a fuckton of ice cream. I didn't even like it, I just couldn't help myself. It comes out to around 1,000 calories. What do I do?

Attached: 1563073980515.gif (600x527, 17K)

>you physically can't even be hungry
I know your heart is in the right place but please stop talking

Stop responding to obvious bait.

Fuck off you child
You've done nothing to substantiate your claim, other than call me a retard and bait
we won't miss you, off you trot

Do better tomorrow.

last call for all fatty contestants, you have just under two hours to weigh in.

still need weights from:
hugo617
Colonel Gentleman
jimyeet
crono
Queef Chief
Fart Garfunkel
CountNickula
Svullo

spreadsheet, signups are closed until next week:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1McAWnnomW8NGc5H_YEncKhoE4miuZ4ay29aukdHcbok/edit?usp=sharing

Attached: 1490113396029.jpg (400x400, 19K)

i really just feel like going into my fridge and binging on everything. so stressed and just want to eat to bury my feelings

im 2 weeks into keto and IF and i dont wanna throw that away but fuck

I drank water just now. I do not feel hungy anymore. Why do people respond to that mentally retarded faggot?

Is 600-1200cal a day too little for a 186 5'9 guy with a goal weight of 150? I don't really feel the urge to eat more and am rarely hungry, but it does seem pretty low, however seeing my weight go down by 2-3 pounds a week is really nice.

Been fasting this whole weekend, and I'm trying to hang in there until tomorrow. I'm so hungry lads...

didn't buy the groceries I wanted when I had the chance, missed the goal calorie, ended up consuming my bmr worth of calories, but still way less than the tdee

I'm not the guy you were even talking to in the first place, and I don't see what gremlins or their secretions have to do with anything.

Lost 35 lbs and gained 1" on my dick due to fupa reduction.

Feels nice to double my length just like that.

watch Gremlins 1&2, you'll see that water and food are closely linked with them

ayy

this is one of my main motivations for weight loss

1500 is the minimum retard
it will stop going down by 2-3 lbs a week when you run out of muscle to burn

Genuine question: why is 1500 the rule? Like wouldn't height/weight/TDEE in general play into that?

Attached: 1518013445827s.jpg (125x70, 2K)

Stop responding to obvious bait. Jesus.

had a bbq and ate 6 burgers and a lot of potato

How the fuck do you get rid of fat legs anons? Im 199 pounds but my legs are a lot bigger for some reason. Is there any good workouts or foods to get these down

>be fat
>"why are my legs so fat?"

By not being fat

I ate 3 tortillas and half a cup of rice and it was not a cheat meal.

It's old "common wisdom" that you don't diet too fast or you enter "starvation mode", which is an old wives tale.

It was useful back in the day when most dieters were normal weight girls losing vanity pounds, and it was a lot harder to accurately get calories, but it's been debunked pretty well since then.

Whatever diet you do, you should determine :

A) How sustainable is this? Is this too extreme for me to handle for a long period of time?

B) Am I covering my bases on a nutrient level? Enough protein is the main thing for macronutrients. If you have enough protein and a bit of fat to not get rabbit starvation (look it up), the other macros don't matter much. Also keep in mind vitamins and such.

C) Will this help me lose weight? If your meal plan is "eat as much as I want of whatever I want whenever I want", it defeats the purpose.

i'm probably going to get shit for this, but i'll try to explain the rationale.
you're right that it's just a rule of thumb. for most people that aren't turbofat 1500 is roughly 2 lb a week, maybe a little more, for women a bit less. most doctors and dieticians consider 2 lb a week to be the upper limit for healthy weight loss.
that's primarily because as you get a bigger and bigger deficit it gets progressively harder for your diet to be nutritionally complete. additionally people often resort to stuff like keto to hit those kinds of deficits, which tends to lead to higher saturated fat etc, which leads to health problems.
very-low-calorie dieting begins at 800 kcal, professionals will tell you this kind of diet should only be done under medical supervision and only for 12 weeks at a time.

>walk onto pizza parlor
>doesn't have any slices I like
>walk out and keep running
Must be a message from god

>fatass not gorging themselves in every fast food place they encounter is a miracle

I truly hate fat people

Elliptical, properly

bros I was 201 this morning
onederland soon
hype af

Almost there boys. Started April 27th at 215lbs. Down to 175lbs, 5'10" and 34 years old. Keep at it!

Attached: almost.jpg (517x960, 85K)

Never laughed at anyone for no/light sauce/mayo. Didn't think much of it. The large diet is always classic though.

We used to call these guys 500 club members, membership based on their weight.

bro your body is disgusting
do you even lift?

Just started last Sunday! Still burning fat too.

Keep it up, be picky about the food you eat.

Attached: image001.png (418x457, 44K)

I fucking hate myself. I fucking hate who i am. 5 day fast or bust

You're gonna fail. Just eat a little less every day.

>13km today
>ran for 8km of it
>got back the second it started raining
Phew im fucking wiped

Attached: 1562903282721.jpg (480x409, 27K)

24hrs into my fast and feel great

>Have some responsibilities to take care of
>Keep pushing them off for weeks because of anxiety and lazyness mixed together
>Also stop being productive in other areas "Oh yeah, I should be doing *that* thing, going to the grocery should go afterward" but then I don't do *that* either (not a specific thing, just whatever I currently have to take tare of) and just waste whole weekends on Jow Forums or whatever else and didn't even do the groceries so I have to get junk food because McDonalds is the only place I can get food past midnight

>Finally do *that* thing
>It's really easy to do and I was scared for nothing, usually way less time-consuming that I assumed
>After doing it I feel like a fucking god, am in a hyperproductive mood, taking care of everything I've "keeping for later", honestly have eyes getting teary from being happy

>Then one bad thing happens and I'm back in lazy and anxious mode

Wish I could tap into that god mode at will

Is there a Jow Forums approved IF guide somewhere?

>just fucking walk for 30 minutes
>dust off that 10 year old wii fit board dude just do anything to get exercise in
>what the fuck is wrong with you just get up and do ANYTHING
i swear, i will never make it

Attached: 1558726518251.jpg (720x720, 75K)

dont eat for 16 hours. eat your meals in 8 hours.

Just do One Meal a Day (OMAD) and strictly control the kcaloric count. Pretty much the simplest dieting regime there is besides prolonged fasting.

do wall pushups

You're right. Just roll over and die, fatass.

post that fucking album that gets you ready to tear shit up fatties.
for me it's youtube.com/watch?v=RWXc2OrU-fM

Attached: mgla.jpg (709x709, 244K)

My mom left out leftover fried potatoes after I got home from work and I didn’t know how to count it accurately but I still ate it because I was fucking starving

the results for the fatty contest are in!

winners by absolute weight lost:
1st: Fatbarth - 9.8 lb
2nd: Spainbro - 5.5 lb
3rd: Nagu - 3.8 lb

winners by percentage weight lost:
1st: Fatbarth - 3.6 %
2nd: Spainbro - 2.4%
3rd: Wewlad - 1.8%

the current lineup on points is:
1st: KenloBorther - 10 points
2nd: crono - 7 points
joint 3rd: daydreamanatomy2, Faustus, Spainbro, Fatbarth - 6 points

it's a tight race lads. any one of you with 6 points could take the lead next week.
collectively we averaged 1.33 lb lost this week, which is a great increase on last week. keep up the good work everyone.

the following people are now on warning and will enter the HALL OF SHAME if they don't post next week:
hugo617
Colonel Gentleman
jimyeet
crono
Queef Chief
Fart Garfunkel
CountNickula
Svullo

Attached: 1496313969770.png (850x900, 161K)

Fatbarth here
I hope I didn't skew the results. I usually weigh in on Mpndays but since the contest is on Saturday I just tested it to give you data
Oddly enough I was three days into shit retention and even I didn't expect to have lost so much already, since I literally started the past Monday.
It's probably all water weight, the rate of loss will probably slow down and I'm okay with it, I won't make the mistake of quitting right the moment I see no more fast gainz
That's it with my blog im gonna fuck off and post more memes eventually

Daily reminder a high protein diet during weight loss helps retain muscle mass.

I feel this. Changes in environment are useful for me when it comes to this. It's a bitch though.

>used to just eat fucking whatever when I was 240 pounds
>now I'm down to 200 and feel guilty about having a single sugary snack even if I'm eaten healthy the rest of the day, stayed under my 1500 calorie limit, and worked out seriously
Surely I can make room for 200-300 kcal a day for junk if it stops me from binging/rebounding later right? It's not like I do cheat days.

Attached: 1527173488709.png (600x632, 253K)

it's no worries. it just revealed how shitty the scoring system is. i'm redoing it right now to be like mario kart. it doesn't really make sense to award 3 sets of points between 30 people.

This is good. Would the snack actually prevent binging? Sounds like you are doing fine and not binging. Personally I like a zero tolerance policy. Lately I've eased up but only because I now feel with absolute certainty things will never revert back to my fat ways, and that I will be making it. Zero tolerance helped me switch my mentality

Right now I'm eating steel cut oats for breakfast, chicken breast and veggies for lunch, and protein shake made with skim milk for dinner. 2 fruits usually 1 banana and 1 apple are thrown in there daily. Is this ok or should I replace something? Was thinking of maybe switching the oats to a smoothie, or cheesy eggs but i'm not looking to do the whole keto thing.

Attached: me hungy.jpg (615x409, 63K)

I'm probably just making shitty excuses that I wouldn't be making if the conveniance store wasn't a 100m walk from my house. I'm just going to do this zero tolerance thing and see how it goes.

Its almost 2 AM and i have just eaten several KFC chicken pieces

I promise i will never do it again

I the zero tolerance guy, if I ever do have a craving for a snack, which I seldom do these days, I drink a diet soda for sweet tooth, or pork rinds for my chip fix