A year into lifting and I gotta say, there is no better feeling than benching 1pl8

A year into lifting and I gotta say, there is no better feeling than benching 1pl8.
Goddamn.

Attached: 1497245212439.png (861x990, 563K)

>a year
>1pl8

Attached: 626369.jpg (600x513, 54K)

Now that you have reached the natty limit do you plan to roid?

>1pl8
>a year
did you lift once a month?

Had to take off ~6 months due to travelling for work. I started out benching 115.
To clarify I meant 1pl8 for 5x5, not as a PR.

based

I was hoping that this was a troll thread but you just outed yourself as long pleb. Are you a female by chance?

T.o.GTFO

Its took me 4 years because my genetics are literally in the bottom 10%, really fucked up shoulders and back. Everyone sees me as normal so I suffer in the dark

>are you female?
Nope.
Also just started counting calories and macros about 4 months ago.
I'm proud of myself, fuck you guys.

What is your 5rm?

Good for you OP everyone starts somewhere, but you should have known what you were going to get

I hopped on test cyp shortly after benching 1pl8 for 3x10. Best decision I ever made, my gains have been incredible since them

I was doing 1pl8 when i was 15 just fucking around at the local YMCA

Dont you mean 2pl8 5x5?

based

cringe

No faggot.
I hadn't even set foot in a gym since high school until about a year ago.

I could bench 1pl8 when I started. I never got to experience that.
A-at least I'll get that with 2pl8 right? HAHAHA

Attached: 94847575.jpg (250x250, 7K)

tfw my pr is 225x4

Wouldn't benching more than 1 pl8 feel better huh

>tfw finally hit two pl8 cleans after 20 years of lifting

how’s my form look bros?

Attached: 17A85668-6534-4837-A0B6-ACCA8F301769.jpg (1066x1600, 414K)

Soon

>tfw almost 3 years lifting and still can't hit 2pl8 bench

Same OP, also took me 1 year (well not 1 straight just like you, just a lot of vacations in the middle, memeing at the start, one break shitty programming etc)
what matters is that we keep adding weight, fuck the "hurr durr i could bench 1pl8 when i was 12 OP you dyel" posters,
If it was really 12 months of good programming with no breaks, yeah we probably would have gotten like 1.5pl8 if not more

also I had a long period of benching DBs because no spotter, I still bench DBs when I don't have a friend to go with.

Why the fuck people think a spotter is important? A spotter maybe could save you from embarrassment but never from a real injury. Just do weights you can handle dumbass. If you feel like it is not safe do not attempt that extra rep you may have gotten if you had a spotter.. but not just drop bench press completely off your routine.

or join the home gym master race and bench in the power rack

I just do dumbbells instead
I wish my gym had enough squat racks i could just take a bench inside when of those

get a better gym scrub

It does feel nice, don't it? Kick ass,man.

Attached: you are a valuable human.jpg (500x374, 131K)

It is the best I have in the area

Appropriate picture op. The one man stronger than your bait

Ignore the haters, good job user. Keep at it don't stop for nothing.

You don't need a spotter and you definitely don't need to be inside a squat rack to bench safely. Fail either by:
-Not putting pins on the bar and letting one side drop (loud)
-Do the roll of shame down your torso (brace or it will hurt)

If you accidentally drop the bar there's nothing he spotter can do to save your ass. But as long as you aren't going for a 1RM every day you should be good failing by yourself.

Benching dumbbells is better than benching the bar

>my genetics are literally in the bottom 10%
you idiots always hold yourselves back with this bullshit, I guarantee you're just an average dude who just sucks at working out/eating/sleeping.

>tfw can’t deadlift the bar

Attached: 362BFFAD-CE13-4CB2-B603-5FF15C6E14EE.png (680x382, 471K)

Ive been lifting for about 3ish months and still cant do 115 let alone 135
I feel like an asshole

>1pl8
That’s a typo right? Haha. You meant to type 2pl8 right? Haha.

>hahaha it took you an arbitrary amount of time to hit an arbitrary weight unlike myself? NGMI

you are, eat more

Bench press is the main way people die at the gym. Instead of a spotter I would recommend using a power rack with pins, way more reliable.

>benching in the squat rack
I hope you fucking die

>still not at one plate after two years
haha

Attached: 1563003950421.png (253x199, 8K)

Kinda slow pace but at least you are improving. So good job, keep going.

Gonna go ahead an recommend that you do some auxiliary exercises, namely dips and pushups, 10x3 (do them weighted if you can do 10x3) to help you out, as it seems that you are plateauing.

Attached: bloatmaxxin.jpg (960x769, 104K)

I’m not from here but what’s the 1/2/3 plate thing mean?

How long is it supposed to take to bench 1pl8?

Nice job bro! Just wait until youre doing 2 plates for reps and u cant believe how easy 1 plate is

You mean 3x10, r-right?

1 pl8 is 2 45lb plates

1pl8 on a regular bar = 135lbs

1/2/3/4 is generally considered a good milestone for being stronger than the average faggot. It means

1pl8 Overhead Press (135)

2pl8 Benchpress (235)

3pl8 squat (315)

4pl8 deadlift (405

>How long does it take

depends heavily on your body comp past training height and general skill at lifting but unless you are under 5' 8'' and/or super skeleton mode should not take over 3-4 months if you are training hard but it depends so keep trying no matter what

holy shit do a real program what the fuck are you doing with your life

Attached: G2j4wx8.jpg (1200x1920, 376K)

I dunno, whichever is 10 reps for 3 sets.
I get them mixed up sometimes because all I ever to is talk about 5x5.

>6 months in (cutting for 3)
>bench 3x5 @ 165
thanks for making me feel a lot better about myself OP

The scheme is usually (sets)x(reps).

be proud user, Jow Forums can be filled to the brime with unchecked aggression. Ignore them and come back next Monday

Don't listen to this faggot, 1/2/3/4 is a big milestone and means you're a bit stronger than even the average gym bro.
1/2/3/4, depending on how often you train, your body weight, how much sleep your work will allow you, and you diet will take you anywhere from a year and a half to two years and a half.

MAYBE if you bloatmaxxed and roided as hard as you could, you could pull off 1/2/3/4 in 4 months if you started as a top 1% untrained normie in terms of strength and were already like, 200 lbs AND had world class coaches, access to high quality food and recovery techniques, on top of being a sex haver.

I'm female.
I'd love to bench 1 pl8 5x5
Maybe by next year

>135x5 or 150x2 OHP
>Stuck at 215 Bench

What the fuck bros

nice meme

What’s a real program? I heard ss was a meme and sl was worse. What do I do then? Greyskull? Please help

I have been doing 5x5, really like the program.
I'll start throwing in some pull ups and dips.

Weakfag here. Still waiting on my 2pl8 squat. I first touched a barbell Jan 2015 and it's been on and off since then. I'm determined to get it now, recently hit 210 for 5 but it nearly killed me. It's been a grindy journey. Years ago I would always stall before 200. The thing that keeps me going is not procrastinating a workout because I know I'm stalled and won't get 5 reps. I'll just do sets of 3 or even 2 with 5 minutes rest between sets until I get my total reps with the new weight, then next time hopefully achieve at least 4 in 1 set, etc.

5'8 165 lbs

Squat 210x5 (new lifetime max)
Bench 165x5 (lfietime max ~175x?, working back up)
OHP 107x5 (lifetime max ~115x3, working back up)
Deadlift 250x5 (lifetime max ~260x1, working back up)

Also 5'8 165lbs
Feels good to see a same fag with similar stats. I'm currently at

Squat 225x5 (lifetime max 235x3
Bench 160x8
OHP 105x5
Deadlift 275x5

You rarely see fellow 5'8 165ers post stats on here. Keep lifting fren, you're going to make it

Attached: 1562167505030.jpg (1024x512, 51K)

Height, weight, current stats?

5/3/1 or a variation (BlackIronBeast.com)

Brian Alshure linear progression

Greg Nucklocks 28 free strength programs

The Bridge

Any of these would be good probably. If you think you still have noob gains then greyskull lp

>should not take over 3-4 months
this is wrong, it will typically take you between a year and two years to hit 1/2/3/4 if you are starting as a novice

*sips double IPA with grapefruit infusion*
Hey friendo, did you know that
*combs beard*
SS and SL
*checks iPhone XX-plus for Salon updates*
Will get you very strong and aesthetic!

You'll get there, dude, just keep working.

Are you legitimately handicapped? There’s zero way any individual can not pick up 45#.

Thanks I’m still bulking at about 500 cal over my TDEE.
Not all of us were meathead jocks in high school.

I was fat and slow in high school and I still never struggled to pick up a pl8. Are you sub 5’?

6’0. We all gotta start somewhere.

>Not all of us were meathead jocks in high school.
is this a joke? An average teenage girl can pick up a 45 lb bar. My 9 year old nephew can pick up a 45 lb bar

Post body, but not in a mean way

Probably not a good move for my career (financial advisor).

i'm 6 months in to ss and loving it. never lifted before that
squat went from 3x5 @ 95 to 210
deadlift from 1x5 @ 135 to 285
bench from 3x5 @ 95 to 165
ive also been cutting for 3 months, if i'd been bulking the whole time who knows

Spin it as a financial advisor trying to better his life in fitness. Also blur face.

5'4"
I bench the bar for 3 sets then add five pounds to both sides and then can do a set of 8 but that's as good as I've gotten.

Try 10s on each side, see if you can manage even 1-2 reps, then drop down and do sets of 5 with 5 on a side. Each session, try for more reps at your top weight before dropping. When you can get 3x5 at the high weight, restart the process going for 1-2 with 15 on a side.

literally how, the only way this works is if you're a chick.

Thanks user!

After 3 months I went from not being able to do 90 to being able to 10 reps of 145. you can do it user. believe in yourself. also I am a 5'8 king skelly manlet. lift 5 times a week. By December I should be at 10 rep at 175

based self inspiring bro, tell me how to count calories and macros please

This

I can't tell if you're joking or not

Nice

The sticky has a good rule of thumb for figuring out how many calories and grams of protein you need in order to bulk, maintain, and cut.
As for keeping track of everything, buy a food scale off of Amazon, a body weight scale that measures body fat % from Amazon and download a calorie counting app. I use Chronometer but get whatever works for you.
Once you have all of that and you figure out what your calorie/protein goals are, start eating whatever you can to reach those. Do this consistently.
There is a little guesswork involved when calculating your TDEE but if you haven't seen the desired weight loss or gain after 2 weeks (using your bf% calculating scale) subtract or add respectively 500 kcal to your diet and weigh yourself again in another two weeks.
A lot of this stuff is posted in the sticky, I highly recommend check it out.
That's what I've been doing and it's been going pretty well for me. That being said I think I'll follow 's advice and throw some pull ups and dips into my routine to speed things up.
Also, the canned chicken at Costco is by far the cheapest and most efficient source of protein that I've found so far.

I’ll go buy the scale, I don’t know if canned chicken is healthy user

I do PPL and even I hit 1pl8 for 5 within like three months

Attached: UNSPEAKABLE BAIT.png (376x866, 76K)

I've been shamefully rolling out of my failed reps. Max bailout at 110kgs. Hasn't been too much of a problem.

Muh genetics

unironically based

dude everyone dragging you down is probably lifting 0.5 plate bench.

You're based, keep doing what you're doing fren

Attached: 1562978363557.gif (400x400, 1.64M)

Is ppl good beginners

Im at 90lb 8 reps I'm getting there

As someone who vaguely fits this description, I gotta say the long way is better, bloatmaxxing causes shit technic which is how you injure your spineand become a homeless alcoholic, eat healthy, lift heavy and sleep alot.

Ignore them, bench is hard to progress on. Try dumbbell floor presses when you plateau.

Not him but I reached 1 pl8 pretty fast burn I've been stuck there for 10 months.
As soon as I try to lift heavier my joints hurt.

Good job user keep at it I just managed to get 2 reps at 2pl8

I've been lifting for about 4.5 months seriously now and reached 1/2/3/4, was my goal before I went on vacation. I'm lifting in a somewhat casual countryside gym, so whenever you start to lift 'heavy weights' (for me) people stop and watch. Feels fuckin' amazing man.
Used to be 120kg, now I'm 89kg with 17.7% BF.

people die under 5 plates and up not whatever pussy weight you're putting up