Does any one here also have to deal with crab mentality in their surroundings , or had to?

Does any one here also have to deal with crab mentality in their surroundings , or had to?
how did you deal with it ?

Attached: b76b5_6bb00e492.jpg (423x303, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ipg4EL_JUyE
youtu.be/ipg4EL_JUyE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. Always. IDGAF.

What exactly is the crab bucket mentality?

Put a bunch of crabs in a bucket and find out.
(They all try to crawl over one another to escape and just end up pulling one another down/not getting anywhere)

Every single day.
My family thinks I am overdoing it by working out three times per week.
My GF gets pissed with all the extra attention and confidence I am getting.
Siblings claim that only insecure people work out.
Best friend keeps making excuses as to why working out is bad for .

I just ignore them and do my own thing.

social norms pulling you down

I put them in their place or dropped them from my life.

The metaphor is derived from a pattern of behavior noted in crabs when they are trapped in a bucket. While any one crab could easily escape,[3] its efforts will be undermined by others, ensuring the group's collective demise.

The analogy in human behavior is claimed to be that members of a group will attempt to reduce the self-confidence of any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of envy, resentment, spite, conspiracy, or competitive feelings, to halt their progress. It is also associated with the phenomenon of internalized oppression when it exists with colonial mentality.[

Attached: fe4.png (500x934, 174K)

it's pure delusion. people not giving you constant validation =/= crabs in the bucket mentality

BUT STILL , IT SUCKS !

yes because thats not what it is.

It does. But at least we have Jow Forums where there is no cra...

I excercise five times a week now and don't get invited out by my friends anymore. They live next door too. I don't know what the fuck is going on, but as soon as I'm not constantly messaging them and seeking interaction they all basically ghost me.

Attached: b007dfcc.jpg (350x350, 24K)

Yeah. I work in security where most of the people are on drugs etc. Engaging in all sorts of degeneracy. It is a devilish place and I may transfer soon. You rise above it and leave. It's never good to be around toxic individuals unless they're willing to change. I had people legit hate me for doing my job properly. Even had coworkers harass me over it. These people aspire to nothingness. It's sad. Regardless. If the paycheck isn't good enough and there's not enough reward to justify the attacks. Switch it up. If you have to tough it out for a little, that shouldn't be an issue either. Just hold on to truth and you'll be alright.

Good, you are progressing past them.

I said IDGAF about crabs, but if your environment is so shitty maybe find a better place or at least find a way to detach from the others.

I don't wanna be alone again though.

Attached: tiresome.jpg (1114x768, 310K)

Yup, some of friends got really passive-aggrrsive towards me since i got fit. My personality is still the same, I'm not talking about fitness to them or anything. Is it common?

it's lonely at the top, that's why so many celebrities commit suicide/become drug addicts

So basically like blacks calling other blacks coons or uncle toms when they try to better themselve to leave the hood

Or cause they were abused as children

something like avicii?

That's bullshit, you know.

Yes, sort of like this.

Celebs off themselves because of fame, degeneracy and stress, not superiority.
Natural born leaders are superior people, often physically and mentally strong, and they are happy and well liked, though sometimes contested, but mostly enjoy the good will of others. I want to be like that, not like some brainless fucking hollywood kike. Maybe I'm too narcissistic or something and not coming across as humble enough? Maybe I'm boring? I don't fucking know but I'd like to spend time with people again. I'm about to start considering the option of making friends online I'm just so thirsty for human contact. Pray that I don't become a discord tranny in the process.

Attached: 1557945334010.png (1277x770, 1.44M)

me at the bottom

No shit, but they are black.

Yes perfect example actually.
Or when they accuse on of their own for "talking white" if they actually speak properly.

I literally lost all of my "friends" and realized I either have a social issue or I just picked the wrong ones.

Always. I lift and run while my roommate plays Minecraft and League all day.

>”Hurr hurr why do you waste so much time going to the gym? You’re going to die like everyone else one day anyway.”

youtube.com/watch?v=ipg4EL_JUyE

youtu.be/ipg4EL_JUyE

Damn

My roommates are all fat as fuck but they're not crabs luckily. They are gains goblins though, because my house is constantly filled with bullshit foods and desserts and they always offer them to me, but it's just a simple test of my will to not eat like a disgusting pig every day just because they do.

Only increases willl power. I refuse every coke and desert offered to me.
Look on the positive side of things user.

People [women/niggers/rednecks mostly] can't handle the thought of anyone bettering themselves so they demonize and try to sabatoge them

Parents.
How do I get them to exercise and stop buying junk

You can’t.

My dad nearly had a heart attack, and struggles lifting paint cans at 48. He bought a treadmill to walk on to help his heart and save his kidneys. Dude never used it. He sold it about two years later, has kidney failure, and is literally dying. Still won’t exercise.

In my life it's switched around. Used to be my ex-gfs would distract me and try to keep me from spending too much time in the gym, and my family would say not to bother. But now my family is supportive and my girlfriend is too.

On the other hand, Jow Forums seems to have gone from fully encouraging to half-encouraging half-Jow Forumsers who try to tell everyone everything is pointless.

Did you encourage him?

>waa waa someone said something negative to me

You all are frail betas. Grow a pair.

tell him hes going to die

>crab mentality
ask me how I know you're a flip

A pinoy?

Yeah. Crab mentality is basically part of flip culture. It's like our national hobby

How so? I am a curious American.