/owg/ olympic weightlifting general

pastebin.com/1HgVcGam

Attached: 49ae63c51a508b01767d89c645dba4c9.jpg (299x480, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catalystathletics.com/exercise/149/Muscle-Clean/
youtu.be/rl3Vldo7x4c
youtu.be/3MyzcdMNwLQ
youtu.be/Vclap1VJzwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Heavy cleans make me feel like such a bitch. I feel like I'm turning them into a segment clean/deadlift.

First pull is good, then I can't help but to whip up and yolo under.

the state of 89kg

Attached: 81.png (1089x374, 62K)

I still dont know the names or proper execution of the techniques but I took a 135 from the floor to overhead (i can ohp 135 for awhile if im dojng singles) and i felt pretty badass. I didnt wanna take up a squat rack to do ohp since the gym was busy but im doing that every time from now on

joining an olympic lifting club is the most fun ive ever had in all my years of lifting

Routine for beginners
A
Snatch
Clean and Jerk
Squat
Press
Clean Pull

B
Snatch
Clean and Jerk
Front Squat
Push Press
Snatch Pull

C
Snatch
Clean and Jerk
AxBxACx
BxAxBCX

Do classical lifts (A+B) for 6x2
Squats should be 3x5 and Front Squats 5x3
Presses should be 3x5 and Push Presses 5x3
Pulls should be 3x3
On day C, do the classical lifts much more, 4x3, 5x2, 6x1

You did a clean or more likely, a power clean. If it was floor to overhead in one movement, you did a snatch/power snatch. Take a video next time for a form check. You most likely did it wrong and risk inuring yourself.

Thoughts on the current status of the weightlifting meme pages on Instagram?

You probably did a really shitty clean

Better routine

A
Snatch to maximum
Front Squat to maximum

B
Clean and jerk to maximum
Back squat to maximum

ABABABA
BABABAB

Attached: af017bea177d922ee870f6e5b724983c.jpg (350x582, 43K)

1. that terrible without drugs
2. that's not even bulgarian

whats the clean and jerk to muscle clean ratio ?

i mean, how much % should i muscle clean of my clean and jerk ?

catalystathletics.com/exercise/149/Muscle-Clean/

Muscle clean isn't very common, I wouldn't worry about the ratio to clean. Greg says 60% muscle snatch to snatch, so maybe same for clean?

is meme

But yeah, terrible without uncle's special vitamins.

thoughts on zack telander?

Hi Zack

As a beginner, he's been very helpful. I do wish he was as succinct and to the point as Greg Everett.

I've heard from some of my more experienced teammates that his content rides a thin line between useful and Athlean X ish. He's young and doesn't have as much time in the sport. But he's successful because there is nobody else doing what we does.

his technique looks strange to me, but maybe its because of his long thin legs

>crossfit cuck shit

cringe. bouncelifting is fucking embarrassing lmao.

Attached: morbidly obese neckbeard experiencing chest pains.jpg (660x970, 61K)

yeah his snatch bottom position looks so wonky to me. I hope he doesn't injure himself.

Attached: Capture.png (490x585, 602K)

Are the CrossFit Lifter Plus 2.0 any good. I know
>crossfit
They're the only decently priced weightlifting shoes I can get

>knees over toes

LMFAO ENJOY YOUR INJURY CROSSFIT KEK

Attached: nigep.jpg (550x530, 51K)

What?

I went to a Klokov clinic and one point he really reiterated was to never snatch and clean on the same day as they have drastically different movement patterns

dont know, how can you not get any of the other in mail at least?

to me and everyone i know adidas is king, but im starting to think the extra strap at toes from romaleos 2 would be useful instead of tying them hard for support. I wonder why they got rid of it in newer version

He's wrong

>never snatch and clean on the same day
>competitions

lel

I have the addidas powerlift 4s. They were my first price and are competitively priced to those if you look around. They are my first pair of lifters so i dont have something to compare to, but it's another option at your price point

interesting thanks

You’re supposed to do something like A + B everyday but split into two sessions.

Found the retarded powershitter

Exclude back squats

They still did back squats.

No they didn't

post body/lifts, crossfit retard.

O alvanod pasokos, poulo

>youtu.be/rl3Vldo7x4c
Yes they did
>youtu.be/3MyzcdMNwLQ
Check @19:18
>youtu.be/Vclap1VJzwo
Check @12:30

The first video isn't even from when Abadjiev was coach

Well it’s not an Olympic class so it’s somewhat understandable lmao. I feel like most of those 89kg guys are going to 96 once the Olympics come around though. Should be fun with how stacked it’s would be.

agreed man, i trained a normal strength routine in a commercial gym for 4 years and got decent strong. After 3 years i felt like my technique was "capped out" and all there was left to do was increase load and eat more. At this point i just felt like training was pointless, then my dad pointed out that i wasn't doing anything with my training except train.

I started oly lifting 3 years ago and it's safe to say that neither fitness or powerlifting can compare.
It's like wearing glasses for the first time as you see through all the bullshit about "safe lifting" and "do's & dont's" that's being pushed in commercial gyms by staff and members who are both clueless.

I know i sound elitist but people dont know the joy of proper training and competition until they've had a serious go at weightlifting

I made the jump like three months ago. I had only been strength training for like 8 months before switching to weightlifting though. It's so much more fun. I love it.

It's a shame he left weightlifting national team for politics but he was good though, maybe the best.

I can see where he's coming from considering elite lifters train 2-3 times a day and can do both lifts at separate times in the day, but it's wrong to blame the movement patterns.

I mean If you train 5-7 times a week as an amateur you can afford to do snatch and C&J(+variations and assistance work) separately 1-2 times a week, but i think there should always be at least 2-3 days with both lifts.

Personally i'm doing a5-day/week program with both snatch/C&J - and/or - hang,power andcomplex variants every day. It's gotten me the best results yet, so klokov can eat shit

Monday:
-snatch variation
-snatch pull
-front squat

Wednesday:
-power cleans + jerks
-push press
-back squats
-pullups

Friday:
-snatch variation
-snatch pull
-front squat

Sunday:
-power cleans + jerks
-ohp
-sldl
-pullups

How shitty is this? Gonna do light bodybuilding if I have time and energy for second workouts on some days

It's so much fun. Oly lifting demands basically all physical abilities from an athlete, which is why it's so hard to master, and even more rewarding when you do. There are so many physical and mental factors that determines whether you make or miss a lift. It's high risk high reward, basically. You can truly feel the effort you put into your technique.

My coach once said: "Olympic weightlifting is like throwing a dart, knowing that you have to hit bullseye, using all the force in your body, with a run-up. It's slow but fast, strong but gentle, patient but reckless. It isn't natural for the human mind to contradict itself in this way. It's not logical or natural for the human mind to stand with 440 pounds over its head. But its fun."

How many things can go wrong during a bench press? How many things can go wrong during a squat? That's why powerlifting is bullshit lmao

I've just started.

I'm feeling a big of pain in the shoulders from cleans mostly. Sort of like tendonitis but not always. Is this normal at first or am I doing something wrong.

>How many things can go wrong during a bench press? How many things can go wrong during a squat?

Fucking loads. Are you saying Oly lifts are more dangerous?

Dont worry, your body is adapting. It will hurt probably 2-3 weeks until your frail bones will grow stronk.

Just take your fish oils and stretch. Maybe ice the areas that are worst. I had major pains behind my shoulder blades all the way through my collarbones,elbows and wrists the first 3 weeks of starting, but it will pass

Not more dangerous in that sense. I'm saying that the amount of variables in doing bench are lesser than a snatch or clean&jerk. Take into consideration the amount of muscle, coordination and movement involved in the snatch compared to the bench press movement. There's a higher chance of failure the more variables added to a lift.
For example, most lifters don't bomb a snatch because they were too weak. It could be small errors in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pull. Or maybe the athlete pulled himself slightly out of position, or maybe he didn't extend fully or brace enough during the pull.

>ow my wrists
>ow my elbows
>ow my shoulders
>ow my traps
>ow my knees
>ow my thighs
>ow my lower back
tfw doing a beginner routine 3 days a week, eating enough to steadily gain weight, sleeping at least 8 hours a day but don't seem to recover fully from workouts.

Posting aesthetic.

Attached: 1471055460941.webm (1000x563, 2.92M)

you are a dumbass. curse upon your bloodline

Attached: Mitko+Grablev+future+event+Ia63OS9t82El.jpg (402x600, 47K)

>Lu is 89kg
>Lu doesn't win
Fucking cursed.

>Another faggot coping that he doesn't have the skill to perform a proper snatch and split jerk.
Every single thread.

I'm just learning Power Clean form and am curious what cues you guys use, if any?

Attached: thank-science-its-friday.gif (232x180, 967K)

Attached: zack.png (597x598, 306K)

You're a fucking retard watch the "unbelievable bulgarians" vid.
They back/front squat with abadjiev literally in front of them

Welcome to Olympic weightlifting. Something will always be hurting.

Same here.
The only thing I really avoid/care about is lower back pain.
Evrything else is just normal, you just switch from one to another.

What beginner program do you like the most? Everett or Randolph?

This is Randolph.

Attached: babbb172bbb7604bf6da87ac77b976ae.png (883x615, 83K)

And, as you well know, this is Everett.

Attached: 015fc52763a57d8769643c5d75d44e25.png (696x663, 24K)

Randolph seems far more athletic
But Everett is far more lift focused

For irl, Randolph, for competition training, Everett.
Preferably both

Also keep in mind that Randolph is progressing throughout the month from exercises that are parts of Snatch and C & J to the Snatch and C & J itself in the third month.

I think that is what I am looking for, since my body needs an adaptation, at the level of mobility and flexibility. Overhead squat is hard for me.

Thank you.

Attached: 2515ee178af5221c8d702ad225c9f177.png (875x547, 68K)

i dont know whats wrong with my foot. nothing works to fix it so i guess its up to trying to ignore it or just not lifting

I saw a vid by torokhtiy explaining to shrug slightly before the second pull for some reason involving smoother turnover.
1) Is this nonsense?
2) Wouldn't it be easier to just pre-shrug the bar at set up and carry it through the second pull like that?
I have lanklet arms and would like to do everything I can to raise the point of bar contact

MY WRISTS

Yeah I think it's because he's a giraffe

That's why his squats look so weird too

You could just do some bodybuilding stuff until it gets better

Man, fuck that Randolph niche program. It's embarrasing.
You don't need all those bogus exercises to "break in" to oly lifting.

Every new athlete needs as many lifts as possible(only using bar or pvc pipe) in both snatch and C&J to improve technique, flexibility and stability in the various positions.

The only thing you should do is go Everetts program. Then a couple of weeks prior to the program, do the lifts with pvc pipe or empty bar, and start doing the reps from the hips, progress down to lower thigh, under the knee, and in the end from the floor.
Dont be scared over mobility issues, if you just stretch and practice the lifts enough you'll ease into it naturally, and as a bonus you won't be having to deal with bullshit exercises from mr. rudolph.

The russians are teaching their young athletes this way. So you start snatching/cleaning from hips, then from lower thigh, and when comfortable enough, from the ground. This will create a more natural barpath and movement pattern in preparations to lifting from the ground up.

Starting from the floor up will damage your technique in terms of the first, second and third pull, as the most "natural" way of pulling the bar off the floor isn't optimal for weightlifting, especially if you're used to deadlifting. It will also halt your extension at the hip/top to get under the bar, which is why it's important to start from the hip to learn how to properly apply force in the extension for highest possible bar catch.

Most athletes who start from the ground up will have trouble executing a proper 1st. pull, often puling themselves out of positions causing loss of tightness, wasting energy, creating a bad bar path, and further impairing 2nd pull and 3.pull (extension).

Also if you're training by yourself without coach or oly teammates, you should record yourself from the side and then see if you're maintaining a good bar path, a good hang position and not pulling back/extending too early.

Two cues are good here;
1. Make sure your shoulders are hanging over the bar. You can exaggerate the hang a bit when starting oly lifting to ensure this.
2.The other cue to prevent yourself from extending too early is to keep your whole foot on the ground for as long as you can during the whole pull before extending. This prevents you from extending your back too early, causing you to bang the bar outwards worsening the bar path, and it also prevents you from going on your toes too early, which can cause some of the same issues as well as losing power in the extension.

But remember to always keep the weight over mid foot, and always stay tight in your back. Bad habits develop very quickly in weightlifting and are even worse to remove.

I will take it into account. Thank you.

If you want to get better at the lifts, do the lifts

Are we excited for the world championship this year? Will Ilya be back?

No problem man. If you're able to join an Olympic gym that's gonna help miles.

Last tip: Dont be afraid of the bar, dont be afraid to be explosive. You'll see elite lifters putting max effort when only warming up with 60kilos in snatch or c&j.
Point is; I've had a male and female lifter in my gym who lifted with very good technique in training. But both failed to perform good on meets and heavier weights because they werent used to put power in their lifts, they were too busy making sure they lifted with care and control, afraid of making mistakes. But the mistakes came because they tried lifting carefully.

So once you start lifting and feel like you're getting the hang of it, start adding some power to your lifts. Your goal in the snatch should always be trying to pull and catch the bar as high as you can before you descend into a squat. Start easy, and when you're comfortable, you should transition into adding some speed and power to your lifts. If you do that you'll come a long way. If you're not getting that into your early stages of training you won't be able to "let loose" on heavier weights. Good luck

He’s an 81.

>recording from side
45 degree angle is best

Ilya should be back. He probably won't podium tho.

where are your actual cleans? in order to get better at the movement, you do have to actually do cleans, i'd also pair front squats with cleans.

Got to 62kg on my snatch today, about 80kg bw. I've only been doing Olypmic weightlifting for about 3 months. I love how it feels to improve every session and get better. Hopefully i can get my snatch to bw by the end of this year. Its ambitious but man i feel so good after today

Why should I oly?

answer me you dyel fucks

Attached: ass.png (696x359, 352K)

Because its really fun and very based

Love how I've been at it for 2 years and still cant snatch b/w.

Maybe I just suck

He's that bad?

Prove it

bump

I can do the movements already. I want to get my front squat up with this program and get more explosive

You need to be doing cleans

No you don't. My coach used to program strength blocks with powers mostly.

So you don't care about olympic weightlifting?

>what is periodisation?

You think olympic weightlifters take period where they don't do any cleans?

Power cleans are cleans. And yes, some of them don't do the full lifts until month before the competition

his performances in this past year have not been so good. He's been dealing with a back injury and is also probably lifting completely natty right now.

No, power cleans are power cleans

what are some oly lifting youtube channels other than clarence? i mostly watch eddie hall and brian shaw videos for lifting but want to get into oly lifts

hookgrip and All Things Gym are pretty good starting points. I'm sure the algorithm will take care of the rest.

Why did Liao Hui retire?

won a bunch already, getting old, shi is in his prime and only getting stronger. And the chinese probably didn't want him competing after his 2010 positive

He retied in like 2014 though; he was 27 at the time

he announced his retirement in 2016, though he still competed at nationals in 16 and 17. you don't snatch 160 @69 if you're "retired"