Why is it I can curl 45lb dumbbells with ease while using plates on lower weight its a pain in the ass?

Why is it I can curl 45lb dumbbells with ease while using plates on lower weight its a pain in the ass?

Attached: 1561740146325.png (672x1920, 586K)

bump

Because 45lb dumbbells dont actually weigh 45lbs only like half that

Attached: 882AC661-4775-4EE9-BAE6-D8580EE8E0F4.jpg (750x733, 344K)

also curious about this

I've speculated that its the angle at which you hold them, and also the fact that theyre independent which means that with a bar, if one arm is slightly stronger (and therefore higher/lower), it will effect the other hand/position.

Are you using an EZ-curl bar? If you're doing em with a straight barbell, your wrists are probably overrated which can be helped with some forearm stretching

You fucking dyel. That's why gyms have mirrors, so you can watch yourself lift and make sure the bar is level. If I could wear a blindfold to block out the crossfitters and you tards, you can bet your ass I would

Attached: dunce-hat.jpg (618x660, 194K)

You are cheating. Your cerebellum recruites your stronger muscles to perform the lift, so when you curl plates your back glutes and hamstrings engage moving your body in a swinging form

When you lift less weight your cerebellum doesn't need to recruit other muscles so you are actually training better. This happens because you have muscle imbalances and your stronger muscles aren't taking over the movement, which is a good thing

stop ego lifting

I’m guessing it’s because of weight distribution. Dumbbells are smaller?m, so they are more concentrated in a smaller space. Barbells are longer so the weight requires more balance.

Genuinely not sure if this is bait or military-grade retardation

It might be that the plates can rotate.
With the dumbbells you have the initial slight angular momentum when they start to turn, this probably helps out a little bit towards the middle and top of the curl.
With plates rotating freely you just have the angular momentum of the bar, which is shit bc low moment of inertia.

Also might be related to the biomechanics of how your limb angles are locked in relation to each other with the bar vs independent dumbbells.

Your cheating 1
2. you are ego lifting, and you wont gain nothing if you dont do it right, biceps is a small muscles and it needs time to recover and it need to be trained with triceps atleast 1 or 2 times per week to grow

fuck pain elemental in his fat fucking ass all you need to do to kill that retard is sit in front of him. Fucking helpless. He's the worst demon in the game, and his sole purpose is to spawn the second worst demon in the game. Not only did he arrive late, he completely fucked up the enemy roster. Retarded enemy with fucking awful game design fuck him 0/10

The most annoying one for sure
>pain elemental in the far distance sees you
>over 9000 flying skulls chasing you for the next 15 minutes

Attached: images[1].jpg (194x260, 6K)

Jesus, this reminds me of this one faggot in my gym that greesed up bar so the weights would rotate and have more momentum so he can pull his absolutely pathetic clean and jerk. The faggot didn't realize that greease would spread to other weights and bar and now the whole gym is more lubricated than my fucking car. The whole gym smells like mechanic's shop and now its a massive safety hazard to even do squat and OHP.

Attached: 94e.jpg_large.jpg (486x659, 40K)

you see, you will squat in perfect balance out of fear of death

I swear man, you wouldn't belive shit I put up with in this gym

More importantly, why are compact dumbbells with lower weight more difficult to lift than longer, heavier dumbbells with big plates?

STORY TEIM!

>that skinny dyel fag that keeps lifting his shirt and taking pictures of his non existing abs, even though he's 50kg soaking wet.
>that guy who uses compression bandages and wraps every fucking joint in his body and looks like a fucking mummy. I shit you not, you can't see any skin on his arms and legs except palm and foot. he's also the guy that doesn't fucking shut up and keeps talking to everybody
>that guy who's been going in gym for 7 years and he does lmao 2pl 1rep max squat not even to parallel ( he too, looks like shit).
>that fucking autistic riding guy who plays some mobile game for 10 min between his set,never heard him saying a word. Somehow he manages to look like shit even with roids because he's 25%bf with fatceps
>that guy that blasts roid dosage that would put some professional bb to shame for about a month, then he deflates back to dyel mode. he's been doing that for years now, last time I heard he was in a hospital.
>that guy who managed to crush his foot by doing meme exercise last week.that one was pretty funny.
>that guy who never reracks plates

This is just a tip of the iceberg belive me.

Attached: 9a7ca28761ad7a577d70d6bac1579fdf.jpg (1080x1212, 142K)

I see, you are training in a 20€/$ chain gym in a city too.
Fuck I hate my place.

Ok retard

Attached: 069A3051-A946-4F0A-B411-2B9E9CF641D8.jpg (750x560, 350K)

how are you gonna look in the mirror if you have a blindfold on

Attached: cringe.png (330x228, 176K)

>I see, you are training in a 20€/$ chain gym in a city too.
I live in Eastern European third world shithole, so existence is suffering here. I go to 10€ private gym when I'm studying for college. The gym is shit but it's got a metric fuckton of weights and its really close to my place, plus there's this 9/10 qt hitting on me there.

>Fuck I hate my place.
I feel you bro

>>that guy who never reracks plates
God I hate those fags.
Only people worse are the ones who put pl8s back in the wrong spot. Whoever thinks it's acceptable to put 25's in front of the 45's deserves to be shot