Alright, so is minoxidil a fucking meme or does it work for beard growing...

Alright, so is minoxidil a fucking meme or does it work for beard growing? Does the effect last or you have to apply this clearly unsafe shit for the rest of your life? The only info I found is regarding hair loss on your head and that one implied that in some cases you have to use it until you fucking die or just stop caring about your hair at all. Almost nothing about facial hair. Any anons who actually used it?

Attached: 1b35a3196018931451381c6a801ebf6d.jpg (736x935, 118K)

Bump for interest

Minoxidil turns vellus (light and fine) hairs terminal (dark, thick) , which stay terminal (at least mine have). How much of a beard you'll grow is kinda up to genetics, if you can't grow anything you're not going to get like OP's pic. I grew some very shit, sparse neck hairs and that was a about it for me. Natural beard gains often happen in like late 20's for a lot of people.

What I don’t understand is why minoxidil needs to be used for life to retain head hair when it can be stopped once beard hairs are terminal

yeah but it's a pain in the ass to apply everyday

Well fuck, I am 30 and still can't grow shit. Am I fucked?

How so? Looks about as complicated as brushing your teeth. At least for facial hair.

I thought min only worked for the scalp. I've been running it and also fin since the start of June. No results but no sides so far either.

you have to leave it on for four hours before washing it off and it's just uncomfortable, not to mention the skin dryness it causes. get kirkland's foam if you can, doesn't cause dryness and is more comfortable to wear

There are plenty of minoxidil testimonials if you just google it. A lot of people have documented their minoxidil use.

I know and I can google. Just wanted to know if any of Jow Forums anons tried it, because those shit you find online can be unreliable sometimes, e.g. paid shills or straight up retards who apply it 5 times a day and then cry about how it made their dumb head hurt.

Minoxidil inhibits collagen production so I wouldn't personally use it on my face, at least long term. The reason it says it only works on the crown is because that's the only place they tested it in the trial.

I'm guessing it has to do with the follicles on the face not being sensitive to dht? I could be wrong.

because if youre the kinda guy who needs to use it on his head, thats not just gonna stop, youre gonna keep balding the rest of your life

mald

Attached: 1562957233261.jpg (530x492, 39K)

>those shit you find online can be unreliable sometimes
wow, and a post on an anonymous hentai board would be more credible? Goddamn, this place is full of idiots

took me a year and a half to grow a beard on minox but it destroyed my health in various ways porbably because i used way too much

>he doesnt have arab genes that help him grow an obnoxious amount of hair all over his body, especially his face

Elaborate on destroyed health?

I've been using it for a few months now. I use 1ml three times a day, and I dermaroll with a 1mm roller once or twice a day to the point of redness. I use Jamaican Black Castor Oil when my face gets dry and leave it on for 30 min to an hour. I also mix in a few drops of pure peppermint oil at night because it helps you relax in addition to promoting beard growth. For the first couple months, nothing. Now, I see new vellus hairs all over my face, and many are turning terminal. Before I started I could grow absolutely nothing apart from a wispy mustache. At this rate I will have a full beard in several months.

was gonna say the exact same thing you said

but about minox, ive been using it for about a month and a half to try and grow the patches beneath my lip and so far i see a little bit of growth, and a lot more vellus hairs there than before

id say give it a shot, you can get the store brand (equate i think) minox, three month supply from walmart for about 20 bucks. try 5% twice a day for that supply and see how well it treats you. but as other anons said, if you dont have hair there due to genetics, you wont magically grow a fucking beard

after a year i got off, now i use peppermint oil 100% and jojoba oil.

Damn he a daddy

Cuck

Worked for me. I was on it a year and can now grow a semi-decent beard (from nothing)

But it has kinda fucked up my skin. I stopped using it last november and since then i get these red itchy patches on my chin and mustache area.

That's not how minoxidil works. It's not going to grow hair in places you've never had hair before. Also the key to making it work is to promote new growth by irritating the skin with something like microneedling or a microwheel. There's even been studies shows 2nd degree burns can trigger hair regeneration.

This guy is a moron. You want to use 1ml TWICE a day. That is the max. And derma rolling is once a week or twice once you are comfortable. BUT YOU NEVER APPLY MINOX THE SAME DAY AS DERAMROLLING. I think he's trolling with 1mm everyday.