Is deadlifitng really a meme?

i'm thinking about starting doing it

Attached: thot.jpg (1080x1131, 62K)

Do it with a hex bar.

No its just pussies on here are too scared to do it

if you want to get strong then you'll deadlift.

>if you want to get strong on the deadlift, you have to deadlift
woah powerful stuff

When did deadlifting become a meme?

Also, idk how anyone can just do isolation exercises day in and day out. Compounds make everything else more challenging. People who don’t squat, strict press, bench, or deadlift confuse me.

This is now a rant thread

You'll never achieve your goals and body without steroids.

But! Squats and deadlifts trained at high intensity (low rep) and high volume (high # of sets) will be the deciding factor in how close you get.

And they make you feel good once you break 2-3-4

Now, I start my DL warmup at 405 lbs and go up from there.

Only seen a handful of people deadlift 4 plate let alone more

>starting at 405

Fuuuuuuuck

It is not, do it

So just do a less stable quarter squat. Okay, good idea. Let's just totally get rid of spinal erector, lat, glute, and hamstring components of the deadlift. Retard.

> start at 405

kys you fucking larping retard.

t. 530 x 5 deadlifter

Starting your warmup for deadlifts at 405 might have been the most retarded thing I've read on here in years.

Do it.
It's extremely effective, and it's fun because afaik it's the exerscise that let you lift the heaviest weight. That's fun.

>not deadlifting
never gonna make it

Na that's not what he meant, he actually just thinks having a big deadlift means you're strong.

It doesn't. It just means you have a big deadlift and a strong posterior chain. The amount of guys I see who deadlift 4+pl8s and still look like dogshit with stick arms and narrow shoulders. Can't even do a weighted pullup or bb row 2pl8s or OHP their bodyweight, its a waste of energy that could be spent on getting real upper body strength

snap city retard

People who deadlift 800+ even start warming up with at least 225 you fucking idiot

> at least 225

at most, you fucking idiot

I start mine at 315 but I stretch beforehand, my max is 425, is this bad?

Retard alert

Requires a lot of strength to do so..?

Being strong =/= looking strong, you absolute brainlet

>I stretch beforehand

Attached: 1467577517939.jpg (479x592, 55K)

Conventional is a meme
Sumo(works more legs),Romanian,hex bar are all really good. There will be some skinny nerds who do it a lot but its only because deadlifting is how a weak person lifts the most amount of possible weight without actually having any muscle
There's a reason its 1/2/3/4. Because basically anyone can hit 4 plates with barely any muscle growth

Bitch i can deadlift 215 lbs + the bar. Fuck off

I wish a fit girl would sit on my face

hey bb u super hot want sum fuk?

>Because basically anyone can hit 4 plates
this needs to stop lol

Attached: 1399663527391.gif (1600x1200, 758K)

why? he's not wrong, I hit 1/2/3/4 while dicking about with 0 structure.. as soon as I had a real progression plan 2/3/4 (already hit 5 plate diddly) becomes realistic, stop being a bitch

Like 90% (or more) of men can hit 4 plates fairly easy