I don't want my little brother to miss the prime years of starting to lift (the way I did)...

I don't want my little brother to miss the prime years of starting to lift (the way I did). When can I bring him to the gym and teach him the basics. He is currently 13.

Is there anything I need to know before I do so?

Attached: Screenshot_20190330-133213.jpg (1080x766, 303K)

Children should do sports, not some purposeless gym autism. Send him to wrestling or rugby.

>13
>Lifting
Enjoy having a manlet brother user

Yeah no wait till he's atleast 17 and then no deadlifts or squats.

I actually saw a dad teach his son how to lift today. The kid couldn't be older than 16.

I started lifting first when I was 16 too. I think around 15-16 is a good age to start.

Teach him sports with hand eye coordination.

fpbp

>lifting before 17

Yeah nah, bad idea.
He should do football or just any sport really..Gym when he is a bit older

Get him into sports instead until he's like 16

Lifting before 17-18 will stunt his growth (height, muscle, etc)

>cant read

I gave you his age and specifically wrote "when can I bring him to the gym". Im aware that bringing a 13 year old wouldnt be a good idea.

Attached: Screenshot_20190426-222006.jpg (802x732, 182K)

Just got him to do some calisthenics until he's 16+.

>13
Cardio. Bodyweight. Don’t you put the fuckin irons on that boy or you’ll ruin his prime growing years.

If you avoid cauliflower ear, wrestling is, without a doubt, the most intense, brutal workout of all the high school sports.

My friend started working out hard at age 14. I remember him as being really tall and strong chad. Met him again now at age 24. The guy never grew an inch after that. Literally dwarfed him.

Wait until your brother is fully grown height wise before you make him hit the gym hard

Also make sure he gets LOTSA sleep.

>YoU wIlL sTuNt HiS gRoWtH
Bro science for $100, Alex

Cross country. He'll learn discipline, get in shape, and mingle with girls. Have him start hitting the gym in high school and not before that. Just push ups and sit ups.

Last tip, don’t listen to anything this guy says. He’s obviously a faggot who wants your bro to grow up short and twinkish for his own personal uses.

all of this is wrong. Why are you guys so retard? Do you even lift? are you just misinformed or do want to prevent the OP's brother from lifting?

If he's not disciplined he's getting nowhere.

You really can't make him disciplined

Like others have said getting him into a sport is probably better. Also get him a pull up bar and set it up in his door frame.

Yeah don’t do that. Start him at 15-16. I started at 14, but was extremely hormonally advanced so unless he’s already huge just hang out outside with him

Consider going back to twitter or reddit or wherever you came from

me and my brother were both high level wrestlers. He got cauliflower ear but got surgery on it. Looks normal now but his ear is mostly plastic.

he needs to do sports, he'll lift when he's old enough