I think we can all agree that the worst type of gym goer is the super setter...

I think we can all agree that the worst type of gym goer is the super setter. Taking up unreasonable amounts of space and equipment for what amounts to nothing more than a temporary pump chase.

Attached: 128.jpg (1080x1080, 130K)

>P-bar dips
NGMI

depends on what you're supersetting

anyone who isn't an idiot trains full body

if you're gonna be benching 8 sets might as well superset it with 8 sets of pull-ups or rows to rack up volume

>Skullcrushers
>Until failure
Brilliant.

>anyone who isn’t an idiot trains full body

[citation needed]

there's ways to superset courteously.

like in that picture two of the exercises can be done at the same cable station. or curling and doing skull crushers; you can do that using a bench and just curl standing next to it, taking up no additional space

I don't understand how anyone can superset compound movements.

Perhaps they're doing low reps.

But 12 reps of OHP and then immediately 12 pull ups would wipe me out.

Being able to superset anything with a compound movement means you aren’t working hard enough on the compounds

y he disintegrate?

if you're resting adequately ie. 5 minutes you can squeeze 2 and a half minutes of rest in between the exercises

never been a problem doing volume in the 3-8 rep range pushing RPE@9, maybe you're just lazy

I thought supersets were efficient only for accessory/isolation lifts. Only one superset of compound lifts looks fine to me, that is chins(or pullups)+dips.

I understood a superset to be

Exercise 1. (immediatley got to)
Exercise 2.
Rest.
Repeat.

The Muscle Max Plan (some work out book I got) has different phases for exercising.

Last month was heavy 3-5 rep lifts with an eventual 1 rep max on all the big compounds kind of similar to 5/3/1. This current month it’s really high volume with 15-20 reps supersetted with some opposing muscle group. The idea supposedly is mitochondrial activation. Try to absolutely fatigue your muscles and force an adaptation for endurance. The next month is working out in the 8-12 rep range where you utilize the strength gains you made from 2 months ago and the endurance gains from the previous month to peak out on muscle gain.

Idk if it’s bullshit, but I’ve been faithfully following the book. The logic in the seems to make sense, but I really don’t know any better. I’m making decent gains

Honestly super sets are only bad if the person is using like all the equipment in the gym. I'm doing a cardio heavy program now, so pretty much all I'm using is a heavy medicine ball, a pull up bar, and an ab wheel.

The truth is, everything works, as long as the program is sound and all of your recovery targets are met (diet, sleep, stress, rest).

People who want to sell something, make it complicated to justify the price tag.

This. Your workout is only a fraction of what it takes to see results.

I don’t disagree. I like faithfully following a book though. It takes out a lot of the thinking and second guessing about what I should be doing. Been a fun program too. Lots of different exercises, rep schemes, rest schemes, intensity changes a lot, and it’s kept me entertained.

Before I did this program I was on a 5/3/1 loop that got extremely boring

I'm not knocking your decision for doing the program, if it's working, keep it up.

Thanks m8

My elbow joints hurt when I do skullcrusher. Am I doing something wrong?

I get elbow paid with a lot of triceps exercises.

My goto exercise is EZ skullcrushers.

Everything else seems to bother them.

it is that niggers just retarded

Natural selection doing its job

Same, I just stick to pushdowns and heavy presses for tris, everything else hurts

Attached: SHAKE_SHAKE_SHAKE_SHAKE_SHAKE.gif (506x622, 190K)