Cutting from skinnyfat is HELL

currently cutting from skinnyfat 5'10 165lb down to 159lb losing a lb a week while going to gym and am progressing but my body is seeing 0 gainz which feels like hell my shoulders are becomming very narrow and the reason im doing it is because i want to lean bulk from a low bf% base

Attached: advice friends.png (420x420, 241K)

>Trains for couple of weeks
>Why aren't I huge yet?
It takes time mate

Attached: 1563051136754.jpg (720x960, 207K)

Don't expect to see any gains for about 6 months. Muscle gain is really slow and even if you can get maybe 5 pounds in your first 6 months, spread over your whole body is small and hard to notice.

Just make sure you're getting enough protein but the fact you're losing fat is good

I wish that was me

Attached: 7425BF78-4382-49A7-B35F-55CC6645219F.jpg (540x960, 67K)

dude idek if I am losing BF% is teh problem im losing weight but I still kinda feel the same iv been spinning my circles for 2 years in the gym very inconsistent but im going to make it iv startedf my cut last month in june

Just eat at maintenance, focus on body composition and keep grinding. No need to cut at that weight imo, if you’re skinny fat at 165 you can fix that by just lifting for 6 months. Read the grey skull LP, that approach to a deload/reset can help you.

iv done GSLP for a few months but I much perfer PPL and its nice with the burning and pump but isnt it faster to cut then it is to recomp?

I lost 3% bf in two months by intermittent fasting and I've steadily staying at my current weight while making gains by eating maintenance. I'm skinny 130lbs 5'7 so obviously any gains I make are noob gains, but I have visible abs and a decent chest for a dyel.

All of this has been possible because I've been counting my calories and eating high in protein. I used to wonder how tf I was so fat when I ate so little back in the day, now I know that if you're careful you can eat a shitload without hitting maintenance and also barely eat anything and be in a surplus.

tl;dr count your calories and get enough protein

Don't we all

Attached: 56270054_10213256639720560_8896566832840835072_n.jpg (678x960, 53K)

As someone who has the same problem and knows the feel I'll tell you that getting out of skinny fat mode will take a bit more time. I'm 5'11 cut to 155 lbs then bulked for 7 months to 175 lbs then cut down to 155 again and I still am not crazy ripped like some twinks I see posted here, still have fat around my stomach and chest. It seems that if you're skinny fat you hold a lot of fat in the stomach are and also your core is possibly very weak so it will take a few years of bulking and then hard cutting to actually get really lean.

why do these exist

Attached: ROCCCCO.png (399x349, 303K)

DELETE THIS! PLEASE

my goal is 150lb at 5'10 just so I can lower my BF % a little this shit is hell but I heard lifting by default reconfigures ur BF% dont know how true that is

Why the fuck would you be cutting if you are actually skinny fat? Bulk up and build more muscle before you cut

They'll delet you if you don't stop
They look dope af don't they?

Attached: 55807432_10213256639280549_5475287414895280128_n.jpg (540x960, 74K)

iv been spinning my circles for 2 years at the gym and iv been told bulking at a high BF % will just end up u being even more skinny fat

I think you just look leaner as your muscles pop more if they are bigger in size.

Skinnyfat just means excess fat with no muscle. No reason to keep the extra fat, and skinnyfat people will never reach bearmode anyway, so the fat will have to go at some point

could have just boosted your metabolism but ofc no you want torture

It is more beneficial to cut first for some people it depends how your body looks. If you have a fat gut and manboobs if you bulk you'll just get more fat but if you are a skelly who just doesn't have any muscle then you bulk.

how to do this

Yeah and most skinnyfat guys are just getting into lifting. Changing of diet and building up those newbie gains (while also still probably burning fst off) will help fill out their frame and they will have a good base of muscle for their first cut. In my opinion cutting as a skinny fat is just going to keep you scrawny for longer.

include more fruits and vegetables and spices, more lean protein, less junk food. also take holy basil

id say my diets failry good for the most part i get around 120g of protein cant get 1lb per BW since calorie restriction

Attached: rocco.png (235x193, 105K)

I think ur right and I should bulk up my shoulders suck my energy sucks but the problem is i have been spinning circles for ages and it just tilts me should I start a lean bulk? im at 159lb should I just do one more week of cutting than start bulk?

you need to get 1-2g and lots of fruits and vegetables as I said
>my diet is ok bro
not with your progress

so lean bulk it is my doggie

If it will make you feel better. Definitely lean bulk. Thing is if you are scrawny (and if you truly are "skinnyfat" you are) all you will be after a cut is even more scrawny. Also progress feels so much slower on a cut since as a skinny fuck you will lose weight slow which can be a motivation killer. Anyways do a lean bulk and then a slow cut. You arent going to be some fat fuck from bulking. You will fill out your frame and honestly probably look less fat in general.

By if it will make you feel better i mean doing one more week of a cut. Otherwise I would try to switch to the lean bulk ASAP. In general one more week shouldnt make a huge deal one way or another.

okay thanks bretherino were all gonna make it im going to have boulder shoulders and im GOING TO FUCKING GET A QT 3.14 OLDSCHOOL RUNESCAPE GIRLFRIEND AT COLLEGE LETS FUCKING GO

Attached: DOaGkpAU8AIMuqY.jpg (419x597, 16K)

Hey, i'm currently skinny fat with lean arms/shoulders and terrible fat distribution on belly, love handles and low chest (it almost makes me look like I have pseudogynecomastia), i've cut at 1.500 kcal for 3 months and even if scale went down by about 8 lbs, i saw no results whatsoever. I'm now eating without making a big deal about what I eat, it helps me not be stressed I just make sure i'm eating some chicken or greek yogurt everyday so i can keep my protein intake around 115-140g per day usually. I'd say i'm eating around 2.100-2.300 kcal cosistently a day, i'm telling u, my scale has gone up just by 2 lbs (and I think its water weight) and i'm feeling better in the gym and outside the gym, I sleep better, and feel like my body is burning those extra calories instead of eating so low and seeing no progress. I'd suggest you do the same at least for 4 months, to kick up your metabolism, then maybe cut. Thats my personal opinion. My stats:

5'10
136 lbs (Its very light, but I do have a fairly big belly and some low chest fat, i was so desperate to cut but even though i tracked everything i ate (dressings, seasoning too) I literally made no progress because I think my calories are too low. So, take a fellas advice and up your calories man.

I'm p much sedentary all day, I stay at home all day except 4 times a week I walk 2 miles back and forth from the gym, currently running a PPxPPxx routine. Good luck and keep your kcal high.

thanks man everytihng ur doing rn is the same shit im doing to im doing PPxPP routine as well kek but yeah 136lb at 5'10 is prob aushwitz mode is it not? an

If u saw me u wouldn't never say i'm from auschwitz tho, im disgustingly fat still.

as u can see i have very noticeable fat especially in my chest, i fucking hate it so much lol.

Attached: 1 month side.jpg (1300x816, 175K)

u sure ur 5'10?

What the fuck? No way you are actually 5'10 136 lbs. That looks about like my body at 5'10 around 175-180 lbs.

Yea, the counter in my bathroom is placed on top of the sink and thats the only mirror, no reason to lie. I ain't showing much more because the counter is very dusty and with unused things no one wants to throw away. But i'm 5'10, i'm from eu though, so I prefer say 178 cm

Well i have very little muscle mass as you can see, I was 190 lbs when i started dieting and i crush dieted down to 120 lbs, i just destroyed my own muscle mass with 1 year of bad dieting.

Were you muscular before? Its just confusing to me because I started lifting when i was around 180 at 5'10 and that is about how my body looked. Fuck in highschool i was 140 and looked pretty fucking skelly

No, I wasn't muscular but when i was fat I was benching 155 lbs x 3 without having never lifted before. Now i struggle with 110 lbs 5x5... But its still something, i went from barbell + 2 lbs plate to 110 x5 now in 1 month... I'm gonna keep grinding. I really can't tell if I was muscolar, I was just fat lol

(Lifting 155 lbs x 3 at 16 y.o)

Now i'm 21 for reference.

I lost 30 pounds in the last 6 months and got surgery for my cursed puffy nips. Now that . I'm on the otherside what routines or specific advice should I follow to stop being skinnyfat? :)

Attached: IMG_0958.jpg (4032x3024, 1.49M)

Just keep lifting and focus on getting your numbers up. If you put another fifty pounds on your bench the extra mass in your chest is gonna make you look like less of a little bitch. Also, post your lifts.

Lift weights and don’t be a soi boi.

To bulk when you're already skinnyfat is a terrible idea. Once you create extra fat cells, they're permanently there. You can starve those fat cells and get skinny again, but one you've grown them, they'll never go away. Let's say op is at 20 % body fat and he bulks up, gaining fat and muscle in the process. Then he ends up at 24 %. It's going to be significantly harder to stay at a healthy body fat level. More fat cells = more leptin produced = you feel hungry more easily = harder to stay lean.

Okay. Current lifts are:
Bench: 110 lbs 5x5
Ohp: 70 lbs 5x5
Squat: 110 lbs 5x5
Deadlift: 175 lbs 1x5
Bent over row: 120 lbs 5x5

Yeah even on a pretty safe cut you can lose a pound of two a week without getting into stuff like keto. But unless one wants to be a skinny twink, cutting to under 160 at 5’10” is pointless. I’m currently fat at 6’ and 195 for reference.

Lmao what is this pseudoscience? The issue with skinnyfat guys is basically their body compostion is just bone and fat.

Not sure if it helps but I walk everyday about 6 kilometers (same route, so I go in robot mode and can think about a lot of stuff) and it really helped me a lot (also in getting a better mood).

Maybe im only making things up but I almost have something like an inner dog now, if I don't got out everyday for at least an hour to take a walk I start to feel like I felt the last 3 years: like shit.

>current year of our lord and savior Jesus Christ
>not using cryotherapy to induce adipocyte apoptosis
Just fuck your shit up senpai

Man there is so much wrong with your posts it would take too long to write out a comprehensive rebuttal.
You are taking puzzle pieces of actual real science that are true but in a totally different context and conflate them with actual complete bullshit.
Don't give advice if you are that dense.

If you’re truly skinnyfat, at some point I don’t think there’s much point in losing more fat. Just start seriously lifting.

Also be sure to take regular progress pics of yourself. It’s really hard to appreciate the gradual change,
which might make you feel discouraged. But I feel so good about myself when I look at photos from a year ago to now. All of a sudden it feels like a dramatic difference.

You’ll get there bruh. It just takes time. I was always a complete skelly. I’ll never forget the day I first noticed I suddenly had visible triceps lmao

pic related from 3 weeks ago, current stats: Squat 130 kg x 5, DL 140 kg x 5, Bench 75 kg x 5, OHP 60 kg x 5. Was eating at maintenance most of the time, stalled and now eating about 3000kcal / day, lifts go up (531 FSL). 6'4, 94kg bw. Cut or bulk?

Attached: IMG_20190624.jpg (2186x3632, 1015K)

You have a decent base of muscle i think. Its up to you:

Want aesthetics? cut
Want strength? bulk

>even if you can get maybe 5 pounds in your first 6 months, spread over your whole body is small and hard to notice.

this is why I neglect legs so all gains go to my upper body.

Based Rocco posting

People concerned about being skinnyfat and cutting are just too skinny period. Workout on a 200 calorie deficit, hit your macros, and wait some months. Just don't think about it.

How is fasting hell? Just go masturbate or some shit while you fast for 2.days