Are there any advantages to doing upper/lower vs PPL?

Are there any advantages to doing upper/lower vs PPL?

Don't have enough time to go to the gym 6 days a week anymore.

Attached: 6e2b5587d706dbb9cfd5334e543cf591.jpg (1080x1080, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/17452-why-is-this-not-working-for-me.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Time, efficiency, and recovery. That's a dogshit routine with arbitrary exercise selection with ridiculous volume, though. Take the full body pill and get this faggotry off the board

Why wouldn't you just do every other day full body?

Attached: 1562473697161.png (348x362, 175K)

I'm not great with designing routines, but I agree that the volume on this is fucking retarded

>ppl is arbitrary exercise selection
>do full body instead
Maybe do full body if you're in your first year of lifting, but good luck doing all your compounds when you get to non dyel weight in one day.

Because to do everything I do for a total body workout would take five fucking hours. I have a JOB god damn it.

>2019
>still no working full version Super Health Club link
baramangaonline has only some demo version shit

Attached: superhealthclub.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

The volume on this routine is manageable if youre bulking correctly. It does get tiring but you are able to manage.

If youre cutting, you will not be able to finish

user was talking about the upper/lower in OP's pick

Oh I'm just a retard then

>I need to do ALL these exercises
That's your fucking problem. All you really need is the big 4 compounds with maybe one or two accessories. Should take you MAXIMUM 60-90 minutes.

>hurr just do SS forever bro
>just do squats, bench, and deadlifts every other day its all you need
Lmao.

Attached: 341CDF17-5009-4587-A1BC-4AB49BEAD5CE.jpg (628x528, 110K)

most powerlifting programs are full body and designed to people who lift heavier than you lmao

your not supposed to do all compounds in the same session. something like
monday
>squat
>bench
>secondary press
>row/pull up
>secondary row
>shoulder + arm isos

wednesday
>dead
>bench
>secondary press
>row/pull up
>secondary row
>shoulder and arm isos

friday
>>squat
>bench
>secondary press
>row/pull up
>secondary row
>shoulder + arm isos

doing linear prgression to start, then periodising squat bench and dead based on a powerlifting template and everything else based on increasing reps when you can is literally the most optimal "bodybuilding" program

Attached: 1562879448802.png (1080x1333, 1.51M)

its called the working man's workout.

Attached: Bnq6VR2.jpg (941x615, 69K)

what is periodisation?

Do SS

Once you cannot progress on a daily basis, do HLM

the simplest version is having "light days" and "heavy days" or volume/intensity days, but more advanced is planning out training "blocks" that are each several weeks and are designed with a purpose. mostly to be stronger at the end, then repeat

>facepull only once a week

Attached: Jeff.jpg (650x850, 25K)

Post your T-Rex body.

I've never seen a program get praise here, everyone just says every program is shit for one reason or another but never provides what a good program is. Just do whatever feels like its working for you and adjust as you go, you'll get no help here

woah that sounds really fucking complicated compared to SS

>insane volume
>dangerous shit like hamstring curls and leg extensions
>even more dangerous shit like hip adduction and abduction
>insanely dangerous shit like fucking UPRIGHT ROW
>pec deck
Reminder never to follow programs that are in form of infographs and never ever take advice from infographs on Jow Forums ever. This shit will fuck up your shoulder joints, your knees and your hips whilst making sure you make no gains by overtraining. Unless you roid and want to be crippled by the time youre 40 dont do shit like this

because SS is a novice linear progression. its designed to be ran for a few months before doing a periodised program. (rip meant for you to do texas method or live with him and do exactly what he says when he says it, but you have other, better options lol)

This is awful. Do Westside for Skinny Bastards 1 or 3. That is, and will always be, the best UL program template and arguably the best program for lifters seeking athleticism.

>Squats before deadlifting

Attached: 1444829686161.jpg (325x346, 32K)

> dangerous shit
lmao

what about things like stretching and cardio? Usually I'd do my flexibility routine on the same day after lifting (since it apparently also increases gains) and do cardio on off days

Because people think you need insane amounts of volume to get results. Reality is that you can do less sets/exercises, of higher quality, done more often and you will have much better gains than people juggling 8 different exercises in one day and only hitting them once or twice a week.

thats completely reasonable and fine

the insane volume programs are for roiders. Since its kind of counter intuitive people dont realise that lifting more doesnt mean more gains. More often than not less is actually more

wanna know how I know you're new?

that sounds fine. cardio is very important but be smart about it and realize that it's possible to impede your recovery if you OVERdo it

>even more dangerous shit like hip adduction and abduction
Wait, really? So skipping those gay looking machines was a smart move?

Attached: 1510254626754.jpg (913x685, 51K)

"more" is better, but mist people think "more" is doing 100 different exercises for 100 reps

higher frequency is the key. doing 15-20 sets spread out over a week for a particular body part is optimal. keeping exercise selection to 1-3 movements per muscle

Wanna know how I know you have arms like twigs?

Attached: 1560018230059.jpg (480x360, 73K)

something something some machines don't work your stabilizers and can put you at risk of injury. Don't completely swear off machines, but never use them as a primary way to target a muscle. I'm pretty sure some machines like leg extensions and shoulder press are actually terrible for your knees though

Have you ever seen anyone who looks like they know what they are doing use them? They are one of the exercises Jeff considers to be left in the iron graveyard. Its not a natural movement and puts incredible tension on your hip joints.

following athmeme x is the most obvious sign of being dyel desu

knees and shoulders* obviously

its not the issue that they dont work stabilizers its that they lock you into fixed range of motion and put tension on your joints in ways that are asking for a catastrophic failure. Most machines are fine, its just some that are really fucking bad for you. Hip machines are one of those and leg extension machine is probably the worst shit you can do to your knees

>powerlifting
Lmao you mean programs designed for fat fucking faggots with ZERO self control? Who are also fucking frauds on top of it all.

t. doesnt understand powerlifting

>you just don't understand powerlifting

Attached: 2arf54.jpg (416x478, 45K)

>Facepulls
>Push

>not doing the most important shoulder exercise on a shoulder focused day because internet man says push

>facepulls are a shoulder excercise
Iol

if want pp specific program, move them on pull days then
they hit rear delts, so they are a shoulder exercise

That's not what a full body routine is in this context

Still not seeing that body focusing on just the big 4 gave you.

>abductor machines causing catastrophic hip failure
>its just not a natural movement
They're not dangerous, they're just terribly inefficient. If you have hip issues or abductor problems they are actually fantastic.
They're not going to snap your shit up, no matter how unnatural the movement is.

Tell that to Jeff my dude. I trust him before i trust some tards here

that is by definition a full body routine. its not my fault if youre low IQ and think full body is some shit hat it isnt

>tell that to YouTube personality
Jeff makes clickbait videos daily.
I dont care what zoomers like you trust, how is a hip abduction machine going to hurt you? Use your real brain not your YouTube brain

Great if you want to be a powerlifter, shit for everything else

Every routine is a full body routine by that definition you idiot.

This routine is RIDICULOUS, nobody could possible expect results from that amount of volume unless they're juiced like an Orange

Full body every other day is the way to go imo, main lifts to stick to are squat, OHP, Bench Press, Deadlift, Weighted chin up, and throw in an isolation like curls or lat pulldowns

>OHP, Bench Press, Deadlift, Weighted chin up
3x5's?

are you retarded? the routine I posed has every muscle group every session. that is what is meant by full body

do thisbench 3-5x5-6
secondary press 3-5x8-10,
row 5x6
secondary row 3-5x8-10
shoulders and arms in the 10-30 range

this is a basic framework

forgot squats and dead lol

squats 3-6x3-6

deads 1x5 + back off sets 3-5x3-5

>32 sets is insane volume

Are you even trying?

Attached: pepe2.jpg (499x481, 28K)

What even is this one? I think I've seen it posted before and am looking for a new routine since injuries [outside the gym] made me borderline dyel

>upper strength day
>lateral raises and cable curls
Wow.
That routine is dogshit in terms of exercise selection and volume.

Some upper/lower routines can be as good as PPL but the one you posted is utter garbage.

In fact, if you're going to do 4 day upper/lower just do the 4 day texas method and adjust for more volume or add in a couple of accessories/isolations.

>A
Squat 3x6 + 2x5 warmup
Pendlay 3x6 + 2x5 warmup
Bench 3x6 + 2x5 warmup
Curls 2x12
Skull crushers 2x12

>B
Squats (see above)
Pendlay (see above)
Ohp 3x5 + 2x5 warmup
Diddlys 2x6 (yes, in this order)
Lateral raises 2x12

AxBxAxxBxAxBxx

It has worked for me and is very good with a job, hobbies and wife, I spend maybe 1h15 each workout.
Sometimes I do retarded accessories or cardio shit at the end too (for example, on bench day I end by doing low weight ohp until I no longer feel my arms, that were already sore from SC and curls), or 50 burpees or whatever

Odd how people are arguing with you. This is pretty standard

routine in image is dogshit

no reason to split into power/hypertrophy unless you're an advanced lifter, in which case you wouldn't be doing this program anyway.

just do the 2 strength days if you must do upper lower

post body first

>All you really need is the big 4 compounds with maybe one or two accessories.

never falling for meme low volume workouts

Attached: Starting Strength Progress.png (1200x764, 1.05M)

>excercise makes you fat

sure wasn't 5k kcal a day that lead to this. No it was the low volume

exercise selection has nothing to do with volume retard

at least he got strong right?

>6 reps

Attached: 1562824746004.png (839x904, 522K)

>the old "take a fatloss progress pic and reverse the before and after and call it SS progress" troll
How do people still fall for this? Also diet and program are two completely different things but dyel trolls here pretend like eating 3k over your TDEE is mandatory for SS

HAHAHAHAHA

so he shaved and realized it was a mistake? now wants to neck himself?

Hasn't this retarded graph been debunked several times already?

Attached: 1408387139502.jpg (300x300, 20K)

its a joke you absolute braincel

>dyel trolls here pretend like eating 3k over your TDEE is mandatory for SS

lmao but Lord Rippetoe said it himself. Check the second post

startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/17452-why-is-this-not-working-for-me.html

Attached: 1561776294470.jpg (781x440, 65K)

Any shoulder routine with accessory lifts?

Lateral raises
Db press
Face pulls
...?

>imagine not maxing your gains by doing full body every other day.

It's a good thing you're not a comedian. Don't quit your day job.

Rip has made it painfully clear in his book that this is optional and only necessary if you are severely underweight and looking to bulk up fast. Its for

OHP 3x5-6
DB Press 3x8-10
Upright Rows 3x8-10
Lateral Raise 3x12-15
Front Raise 3x10-12
Facepulls 4x15-20

i didnt make the post faggot, i just wanted to call you out on being too dumb to realize its a joke
>dae im too retarded to comprehend comedy so its shit comedy
neck yourself my dude

Get help.

Attached: 1542776388904.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

shoulder exercises worth doing
>ohp
>lateral raises
>upright rows (if they dont cause pain)
>face pulls
>rear delt flys
training frequency should be 3-5x a week

>Mr. Rip why isn't this program working for me
>shut up, you're not doing the program, read the book faggot

>upright rows
when will people stop doing these? If you fuck up your shoulder it will be fucked for life. The risk to reward ratio is abysmal here, there are far better exercises for that matter

deadlifts and squats destroy spines and kness yet those get shilled very often. there are better options to those also

whats better then squats
>inb4 leg press machine

>deadlifts and squats destroy spines and knees
only if done incorrectly for extended periods of time. Upright rows even if they are done with perfect form are incredibly dangerous. ONE bad rep will fuck you up for life on those.

Squatting with good form and within your limits and not too much past parallel wont damage the spine and knees at all. Deadlift does seem open for debate

Attached: 1435164392387.png (693x715, 617K)

Honestly? Nothing. People who hate squats are dyels who never learned the proper form and got the proper flexibility so they hate on it. Leg press is far worse for the lower back and more risky for the knees and leg extensions are probably the worst leg exercises for the knees. Squats are ironically probably the safest leg exercises but they are complex so people just fail at them

is this the same guy? dobule faggot
different guys? both .5 faggots quick mahts