Just started drinking whey shakes for the first time

just started drinking whey shakes for the first time
how often do you drink them?

i drink them daily after workout and before going to sleep
is this wrong?

Attached: oj.jpg (1133x1500, 275K)

drink them immediately after you workout.

only once a day?
50g powder?

Attached: fdg5ze.jpg (1920x1080, 423K)

For best results, take one before a heavy set of squats, bench press, deadlift, pullups. So, mid workout. Don't listen to these losers here.

i don't know what that freedom hating measurement is user

After I workout I plug my protein powder that way it passes the liver and go straight into the muscle.

Have to have a couple of gym Bros to hold me down and shove a tube up their but at the end of the day I can go to bed happy knowing I got my protein in the anabolic window.

protein shakes are just used to help you reach your daily protein intake with the best prep time and money ration without having to buy and eat a shit ton of chicken breasts.

They are food that is it. Not something magical that will help you grow more muscle than normal protein rich food would.
Treat it as food.

>doesnt start with compounds
>ngmi
Based Patriotposter

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 9K)

Right before going to sleep? I hope you like kidney stones.

Serious advice on Jow Forums, I'm scared this isn't normal.

Who designed this packaging?
How many people have had dish washing powder shakes by mistake?

Attached: 1480328464449.jpg (450x720, 140K)

Protein shakes hehe hope you like your cancer

don't worry, it's not normal

>starts with a heavy set
Enjoy the snap city.

dumb mutt

Just drink as much as you need to hit your protein goal, but don’t neglect actual food and eat just whey.

protein shakes have the protein in a formate that is easier absorbed for better recovery from exercise. there are studies showing it it better to drink them within 30min of your workout for improved muscle recovery.

Quick run down, make sure when you buy protein that's specifically says the whey protein concentrate. Most are using a cheap filler at 30%, rather than 80%.

All the brands label whey protein concentrate in the ingredients section, but most don't list it actual concentrate percent. There are also brands who don't list the Amino acid profile, ie Essential Amino Acids, "Non-essential Amino Acids", a big nono in my book.

>it unfortunately costs a lot more money for non spiked amino acids

yes it says so on the back of it
up to 4 times a day á 50g and especially before or after the workout and before going to sleep

so i drank 2 times a day so far

Serious question. How can you make protein shake more filling.
I fucking love drinking a shake post-workout, it feels like cheating.
Thing is it literally take 15sec to drink and I'm hungry as fuck after.

Currently doing 1 scoop, 250ml milk, 1 frozen banana.

Attached: botatoes.jpg (2151x2603, 324K)

eeeeeeeeeeeee???
you mean like i need to do some actual math??
i cant just eat and drink protein?
fuck math i just want to have a nice feel drinking protein and thinking:nigge am am going to be a hell of a matcho
this sounds very cynical but i actually mean this

Attached: 515.jpg (1920x1080, 255K)

this one has 93% whey proteins

how do you know how much protein you need a day?

i would cut the banana. The carbs spike your insulin and you will feel more hungry than just with the protein.
Also adding more liquid to fill you up is always good but I would just drink more water in your case and eat more veggies.

I only ad carbs before a workout for more easily available energy to lift with.

your body weight in lbs or multiply it for 2 if you use kg

Only at first. After a while of calculating your macros you should be able to guestimate them.

>lbs
i dont know this retarded mesurement sorry

you sound like an unpleasant person. Don't go the the gym please there are enough annoying people there as it is.

Every 3 hours.

I mix it w Greek yogurt and some pb2 powder. Then add water until it is a consistency I like. It almost tastes like a peanut butter milkshake

Unflavored whey?

Chocolate flavored

2 scoops

This shit is a meme right?

Is there any point in getting in more than 30g of protein post-workout?

dumb mutt

Before my morning cardio. After my noon workout and before bed