Okay it's time to put this to rest

Okay it's time to put this to rest.

Jow Forums...Deadlifts: yes or no?

strawpoll.me/18325883/r

Attached: 20190711_115227.jpg (958x1326, 697K)

what kind of faggot opposes deadlifts

Robert oberst, world's strongest man contender, claims they are too dangerous and no one should do them save competitors

We had already moved on. Let this die. Do them or dont.

Brainlet tier, power cleans are more technically challenging and practically cause more injuries than they avoid.

>let this die

>meanwhile it's still viral and most of the fitness community is agreeing with him

also a man who self-admittedly sucks at deadlifting and has only gotten more than a 0 once in competitions

It died on fit though. If i want to hear about it ill give soe shitty fake natty youtuber some ad revenue to hear their ununique (is that a word) opinion

The compound movements are just for ego-lifting, baby-dick retards; particularly the deadlift. No one is impressed you can pull 5pl8, 6pl8, 7pl8, 8pl8, etc. No one gives a shit. You are fucking yourself up irreparably because you want to act like the big man- Newsflash! You look like a fucking penis, dude. You look like a raging manbaby. Grow the fuck up, you meatheaded idiot, unless you are getting paid an exorbitant amount of money to lift a heavy weight; you have no business lifting it. Anything above 265-315 is retarded cope for penile insecurity, pure and simple. Deadlifting should be banned universally in gyms, you destroy equipment for the sake of you feeding your bloated ego for a few minutes. Fuck you.

Deadlifts are great, but their is no reason to go super heavy unpopular opinion.

Weightlifting was only originally meant to be a stunt, the natty gods of the past would think us retarded for training by doing their circus tricks over and over for multiples sets and reps at varying weights

Attached: actualnattylimit.png (452x457, 232K)

much like academic geniuses can have opposite opinions on a matter, so to can professional power lifters and body builders. there's a good case for and against deadlifts.

like most exercises, when done responsibly and with proper form it's a great way to increase strength. when done incorrectly, it's a great way to fuck yourself up. make up your own mind and assess your own risks.

how tall were these faggors

>natty gods
>4 foot famine midgets

Why can't you just put a normal yes or no poll instead of sounding like an edgy tweenager on the internet. Nobody likes that trash.

t. dyel

>1 strongman said you shouldn't
>this 1 guy who fails at deadlifting
>forget the other strongman competitors who deadlift and are good at it

>no one gives a shit
Then why do you give a shit anyone does it?

Attached: 1537298684461.jpg (300x256, 19K)

>most of the fitness community agrees with this
>most being all of the bodybuilders
If you are body building, I really don't know why you do deadlifts.

germann gorner was 6 feer 1 inch tall and his grip feats of strenght remains unmatched

where the fuck did this site become this inceldom

show fucking respect dude those are people who fought wars and died on poverty, back then i used to make threads of these guys and it was nice,i stopped it since you all started with

>thats all bullshit
>lmao manlet
>lol he roided

/fit is a bunch of faggots who cant do 2/3/4/5 fuck you all Dyel weakling SOIS

>crying over this
lmao, chill out. Children don't care about them or your feelings. Go somewhere more serious and be serious there

Oooh, grip feats. What did he do? I'd like to take a crack at his records

>4 foot famine midgets
fuk

Sandow was 5'9" I think, which was above average enough that he looked bigger than most people at the time. Obviously still manlet today, but you have to give the man who created the sport of bodybuilding the credit he deserves.

700 lbs one arm double overhand deadlift

I deadlift like once a month really no need to do it often at all

Hes right you know. If you watch the actual video and not just read Jow Forums shitposts for your information hes says that if you do the deadlift for the sake of doing it, that's fine, but for someone who wants to be strong and in shape there are better choices with less risk to reward involved. Using your posterior chain explosively, i.e. hang cleans or power cleans, is closer to what it's actually built for anyway. Dont simply be a cultist who deadlifts because men stronger than you or I will ever be do it as a contest against each other, or because anons on Jow Forums bully you into doing it.
t. halfway blew out my back deadlifting and much happier with heavy kettlebell swings

>one arm
>double overhand

Uhhhhh... did he use hook grip? I can pull 350+ Overhand without hook, 425 with it. Too much pain at that point.

I dont do deads because I dont want to be paralyzed when I'm older just to look bigger

I dont do squats because I have a bad knee and do physical work so it hinders my work ethic

Deads and squats are for fags

>throwing weights is better than slowly moving weights methodically up and down for the average person

Stop being retarded

If diddies are so dangerous, there sure must be statistical evidence on people getting fucked over longterm by doing them, despite having good form and not going unreasonably heavy, right? RIGHT user? You're sure not just repeating momscience to have a cheap excuse! I mean you wouldn't do that user, would you?

I snapped my shit doing diddlys, and I've never even pulled a muscle doing explosives. So I'm one of the normals the OPs pic is advising

post body

Sure thing bro. Let me guess, you also had perfect form and were totally not ego lifting too?

>1/3 of fit is either against or retarded about Deadlifts
I hate this place

Nope my form was poor and I was bullied into adding 5-10 pounds a week by faggots here. I got my first back injury at 19 years old, 10 years ago, and how are you not getting the point here? Some people just cant pull off powerlifting and faggots like you cause more harm than good with your "advice" while Oberst was suggesting exactly the opposite, that for anybody who doesn't intend to compete in something like the deadlift it's not something worth incorporating into your regular training. His advice would have kept me out of snap city if I had heard it sooner.

>Dont simply be a cultist
>Listens to one man's opinion religiously
I am going to guess you did deadlifts with perfect form and there was 0% you should have snapped your shit up.

>bullied by faggots here
Please tell me this is a joke

Bullied isnt the right word, but everybody here spouts how you need to be adding 5 to 10 pounds to the lower body lifts every week and if you arent 1/2/3/4 by one year you are doing it wrong. As a scrawny and unathletic lad I listened and my body did not respond well

So you, totally not a retard by the way, unironically took the advice from retards on Jow Forums? You deserved snap city.

>because of people on Jow Forums, i went to snap city
>this guy is right about deadlifting
you cant even see that your own judgement is ironically retarded

Yes I did, because I did risky ego lifts like the deadlift in an attempt to be something I wasnt built to be, a strongman. Hopefully advice from an actual strongman saves some anons from a lifetime of back pain.
You can keep on pushing them towards it if that's what gives you your kicks, hope it makes you feel fulfilled :^)

Attached: A320F831-E805-4D78-9970-43831707B000.jpg (236x236, 10K)

Sounds like he doesnt like deadlift because he sucks at it

>ego lifts
Its only an ego lift if you can't actually lift it and try anyway....

What's he doing in this picture?

Yeah, and the unathletic who is trying hard to get strong might not realize his body isnt gonna be able to do it and he tries anyway. It's a risky lift, much riskier than others. Hence why he recommends not doing it unless that is your specific goal.

Attached: Robert-Oberst-Squat-Lift-c-666x999.jpg (666x999, 178K)

>the unathletic
>might not be able to do it but tries anyway
at what point do you take responsibility for being an idiot and stop blaming the lift itself?

I've already taken credit. Recommending the lifts to physical brainlets like myself is what sends people to snap city. Just because you like the lift and can perform it well doesnt mean everybody should put it in their routine, as suggested by a man who likely deadlifts double what you pull. There are better options for us that put us at less risk but with most of the benefits of the actual lift. Risk and reward, the fundamentals of successful capitalist economics and life in general.

Unironically correct.

>Newsflash!

Attached: b212bdbeb0c026277cf42024708461c1959cf237d94b9ae9030ec69f80519d99.jpg (625x626, 30K)

You literally are gay if you don't deadlift. I don't care what your goals are.

Not our fault you're a dumbass, dumbass. Should we stop recommending the other lifts too? Dumbasses like yourself have literally died doing bench

bait is an art form

>calls self dumbass
>gives out thoughts on what lifts he thinks people should do
the irony of this whole thing

fuckin manlet, I'm taller

A strongman who fumbles all his deadlifts in comp
Okay.